Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

Please let there be a major court fight. Let's get Brady's texts and emails subpoena'd, and let's go back to before 2004, when the Patriots were warned about sneaking non-approved practice balls into games. Let's find out why Kraft and the Patriots suspended McNally and Jastremski after the Wells report came out, even though Kraft claims the Wells report is inaccurate and ignores science. Let's find out what kind of correspondence members of the organization had after the AFCCG when the officials first questioned McNally, and when the news first broke that the Patriots were being investigated. 

Please. Let's.

The only major court fight will be in a certain poster's imagination. They will appeal through the channels available to them . So did you figure out why the two stooges were fired when the science proved the balls were under PSI due to the cold weather ? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything in Krafts statement saying anything but they think the penalty is excessive and he supports Brady. Of coarse they will appeal but where are you getting this idea that this will be the end of Goodall and the rest of this ?

I don't see where they have much of a case for appeal. The league used an independent investigator who filed a report finding Brady and the Patriots guilty based on the preponderance of the evidence. The league has the right to assign punishment based on that. As much as Goodell has screwed up other cases, I think he got this one about right.

I don't see where they have much of a case for appeal. The league used an independent investigator who filed a report finding Brady and the Patriots guilty based on the preponderance of the evidence. The league has the right to assign punishment based on that. As much as Goodell has screwed up other cases, I think he got this one about right.

I'm no expert here , but I think they can appeal the severity of the punishment. Other words say it should be a game instead of 4 and a late round draft pick rather than a 1 and a 4.

Brady: "I'm not a cheater"

Belichick: "I don't know WHAT'S going on"

Kraft: "This is ridiculous, we don't cheat.  I am offended anyone would say so.  The league is trash, they can do what they want, and we will accept it, because we didn't do anything, so nothing will happen"

Kraft: "This punishment is ridiculous, we didn't cheat, but we indefinitely suspended the guys that worked for us that did cheat.  What do you mean that's not enough and you are taking my money, my starting QB, and my draft picks?!?  This is ridiculous"

... I said a flip, flop, a flippy, the flippy to the flip-flip-flop and you don't stop a Brady, said up-chuck the money to the rhythym of the money-da-beat.  Now what you hear is not a test, I'm raging to the beat...

What I dont agree with the ruling is that there was acknowledged the fact that this went on for a while. Troy Vincent said so....but they wont go and look as to how far back this goes.....thats why I think the suspension should have been indefinite until it was determined how far back it went. Maybe the league doesnt want to know.

This is exactly why Brady and Yee shouldn't fight this. Talk about opening up Pandora's Box? If it's true, (how far back it went) I don't think the league would appropriate the funds or time to circumvent such a huge task. Maybe I'm wrong. But it would just lead to damaging the league's "integrity of the game" in a far detrimental roll of the dice, IMO.

Actually, I love this news. Originally he had said he would accept the findings but not with what they dished out. Be happy. This should be the end of Goodell which we all can celebrate.

You seem to think the Patriots and Kraft are bigger than the NFL itself with that kind of remark. While the Patriots have been the most successful team the past decade (take this one compliment as it's the only one I'll give), there's 31 other teams that have a say in how the league is ran.

Please let there be a major court fight. Let's get Brady's texts and emails subpoena'd, and let's go back to before 2004, when the Patriots were warned about sneaking non-approved practice balls into games. Let's find out why Kraft and the Patriots suspended McNally and Jastremski after the Wells report came out, even though Kraft claims the Wells report is inaccurate and ignores science. Let's find out what kind of correspondence members of the organization had after the AFCCG when the officials first questioned McNally, and when the news first broke that the Patriots were being investigated. 

Please. Let's.

If this thing goes to a court of law, Brady & the Patriots lose. And, lose royally. There won't be "preponderance of evidence". There will be solid bonafide evidence. Ain't gonna happen, IMO. Yee is really not that stupid if he's worth his salt as an attorney.

I just heard the news.

LOL!

"it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league"

Well that's a relief Rob, because if it weren't your intention to accept any discipline levied by the league, I guess the league would have had to take you to Judge Judy.

Tome Brady has our "unconditional support."

And I'm sure the 2 equipment guys do to.

Guys, please.  Let's all give Brady a fair chance.  He's not a dirty player.

Tom_Brady_Slide_Ed_Reed_Bernard_Pollard_

Um....well, that was just one incident.  He's not a cheater.

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-5.jpg

Ok, maybe the one guy is a cheater.  But don't let that discount Belichick and the rest of the organziation.  They're still a fair playing bunch.

35f2e96be2df6c1da260e55df1627fd9.600x377

....I give up

The pats got off easy and all they do is whine wah,wah, wah, along with their arrogant and obnoxious fans. There is no integrity in the nfl and the league and the *s are proving it now. The fact that the nfl didn't attempt to find out how far back and how immense this cheating scandal went is pathetic. They just glossed over the whole thing and gave the pats and the weak arm-small hand qb a token slap on the wrist just like spygate. What's sad is I can't put on here what needs to be said because the nfl has rules against making accurate truthful statements on team forums and they get edited or erased.

I'm no expert here , but I think they can appeal the severity of the punishment. Other words say it should be a game instead of 4 and a late round draft pick rather than a 1 and a 4.

The appeal would be Brady only...more like meeting with the cops to get a fine reduction.  The fine and draft pick will stand as is because that's not on Brady.

Lol at Bob Kraft using the ideal gas law. He does realize to reach some of the measured pressures a 12.5psi ball would need to go from 73.4 degree to -15.4 degrees.

But for arguments sake taking those measured pressures in the report. A ball going from 51 degrees, halftime temperature, to room temperature none of the balls land within the legal psi.

So these could possibly be what the balls were at after the ball boy let the air out in the bathroom. Thus then taing them into 51 degree weather you get your halftime measurements.

The appeal would be Brady only...more like meeting with the cops to get a fine reduction.  The fine and draft pick will stand as is because that's not on Brady.

I think your right . I've never appeals on lost draft picks

Guys, please.  Let's all give Brady a fair chance.  He's not a dirty player.

Tom_Brady_Slide_Ed_Reed_Bernard_Pollard_

Um....well, that was just one incident.  He's not a cheater.

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-5.jpg

Ok, maybe the one guy is a cheater.  But don't let that discount Belichick and the rest of the organziation.  They're still a fair playing bunch.

35f2e96be2df6c1da260e55df1627fd9.600x377

....I give up

Just for the record , here's what Eli Manning says about deflated balls. Note that he's a good friend of Brady's.

"Interestingly, Manning explained that he experimented with a slightly deflated football after the Patriots' scandal exploded in January. Manning said there is a "noticeable difference" in grip."

Just heard on CNN:

The Armed Forces were mobilised around Foxboro, Massechusetts yesterday, when a large explosion was heard coming from Gilette Stadium. After investigating, they were stood down after it was discovered that it was not a terrorist attack, it was just the sound of a very large bubble bursting.

What makes me mad is Kraft and company trying to act like victims in all this,Here's an idea,follow the rules,if you dont like a rule,lobby to get it changed.We all make mistakes,but sometimes you have to own up to it.Everyone outside of NE can read the report and see what happened.

What makes me mad is Kraft and company trying to act like victims in all this,Here's an idea,follow the rules,if you dont like a rule,lobby to get it changed.We all make mistakes,but sometimes you have to own up to it.Everyone outside of NE can read the report and see what happened.

the pats have been trying to bulky their way out of this since day one. This whole thing confirms what I have thought about the Pats for years. They will do anything to get an advantage and try to win.

I'm going to try and continue a conversation from a thread that got closed earlier today....

In it, a Patriots fan tried to explain that while the Pats have been first in fewest fumbles since 2007 when Tom Brady got a rule passed that each team could provide it's own footballs (Hmmm?!?)  the Pats fan tried to say that while the Pats have been first,  someone else has been 2nd.

Well....    yeah.

But it's not that New England has almost always been first.    It's that they've been first by such a huge statistical measure that it's impossible to believe it simply has happened because Belicheck has coached his player not to fumble.    The number is so far greater than whoever was second it's beyond ridiculous.....

Click and scroll down.....   here are the charts that show just how far fewer fumbles New England made than everyone else. 

It's mind blowing and eye popping....

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

For all those making a big deal out of the Pats suspending the equipment guys they will say one of two things when it comes up. They are suspending them pending the out come of their own investsgstion or they will start to try to paint them as going rouge and say they did it on their own without Brady being involved. Will it be a hard sell? Without question but it's about all the Pats have left at this point.

Family is texting me now saying the draft picks are harsh

saw they were treated as repeat offenders because of spygate. If you look at it that way the draft pick could have been harsher. Goodell could have taken two number ones. Still as a whole I think he dropped the hammer pretty hard. Now we just wait and see if it all holds up.

Also, if I was Goodell I'd put Kraft on notice that as his team has been caught cheating twice if they are caught a third time the parties resposablie will get a lifetime ban and Kraft himself will get a year long suspension for lack of control of his franchise.

It's going to be funny when Tom Terrific comes into LOS in week six and lights up the Colts.

BRING IT ON!!!!

It's going to be even funnier when Andrew scorches the rats for 6 touchdowns, while brady throws 5 picks, and gets pulled in a blowout.

Pats fans can say what they want but when your former tightend who has already been sentenced to life in prison for murder being indicted for witness intimidation isn't your teams biggest PR problem in a day then there is something serious going on.

It's going to be funny when Tom Terrific comes into LOS in week six and lights up the Colts.

Brady (BB) might light up the Colts for 42, but the Colts will "light up" the pats for 45 and win the game on a last-second FG by Vinatieri (sweet justice). 

Hopefully that equates home-field advantage and the pats have to come back to Indy for another embarassment in January.

It's sociopathic behavior. No one wants to call it how they see it.

They need help.

No one seriously belives that Belichik has anything to do wityh acquiring or preparing footballs.

Its far from his job. This isnt high school

on top of that rather we believe it or not the report cleared him. The league isn't going to punish him when the report said he was clear. I know people are going to go oh come on he knew and frankly yeah I think he knew based on everything I've heard about BB being a Peyton Manning level control freak but if the report cleared him like it or not he's clear. I know Payton got suspended for bounty gate but frankly having your players putting organized hits on other players is much more serious than the franchise QB saying hey let some air out of some balls.

In all honesty we should get their draft pick. Seriously. I know a lot of teams would throw a tantrum but that's what should happen. It wont but honestly it should.

no we shouldn't. The idea is to punish the Pats so they and other teams won't do this, not reward the Colts for catching it.

You have been and continue to be delusional.  

Who will 4 games seem excessive to?  Pats fans?  Not sure that is a good enough reason to reduce the suspension.

you are arguing with a brick wall.

Brady could come out tomorrow and say yeah it's true I did it and I've been doing it since the day I got in the league and here's my phone with all the proof and some fans would still defend him.

I'm going to try and continue a conversation from a thread that got closed earlier today....

In it, a Patriots fan tried to explain that while the Pats have been first in fewest fumbles since 2007 when Tom Brady got a rule passed that each team could provide it's own footballs (Hmmm?!?) the Pats fan tried to say that while the Pats have been first, someone else has been 2nd.

Well.... yeah.

But it's not that New England has almost always been first. It's that they've been first by such a huge statistical measure that it's impossible to believe it simply has happened because Belicheck has coached his player not to fumble. The number is so far greater than whoever was second it's beyond ridiculous.....

Click and scroll down..... here are the charts that show just how far fewer fumbles New England made than everyone else.

It's mind blowing and eye popping....

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

This is unflipping-believable! Take a look at this for anyone not wanting to read and evaluate the story NewColtsFan posted.

From 2000-2006 the Patriots were right in line with the rest of the league concerning fumble ratio :

1 fumble in every 39 plays on average

From 2007-2014 the Patriots fumble ratio improved to :

1 fumble in every 76 plays on average

This was after Tom Brady and the Patriots petitioned the rule change for acceptable footballs used in the NFL. Why? That's simple. Since 2000 teams who won the turnover battle, win 79% of the time. Regardless of any other statistic. Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and the rest of the Patriots knew very well before the petition to change the rules that this was going to benefit them outrageously.

Incredible! Simply eye-opening incredible! And now it's all "sour grapes" and "jealousy" from the entire organization. Yeah, right!

Thanks, NewColtsFan! Great read. Btw ... Forgot to add, all of these stats were at home in Foxboro!