Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many fumbles did Donald Brown have as a Colt? One? We are reaching and we don't need to.

For the most part, our starting RBs have been pretty sure handed. Addai, Brown, and Edge. Even TRich only fumbled twice a year. I would have liked to have seen a breakdown by team.

I don't think this is reaching so much as piling on. It's an intriguing correlation, though as far as evidence is concerned, I'd place it at the bottom of the barrel.  

The question is... Do the pats want Brady to prove something in Indy, or does BB have something up his sleeve where they run for 200+ and embarass us yet again? ...

I hope Brady tries to throw it with "over"- inflated footballs, and we get like 4 picks, and win 70-0.  Realistically, we win 45-42, in overtime, because Chuck has, FINALLY, realized how to play the pats...

The question is... Do the pats want Brady to prove something in Indy, or does BB have something up his sleeve where they run for 200+ and embarass us yet again? ...

I hope Brady tries to throw it with "over"- inflated footballs, and we get like 4 picks, and win 70-0.  Realistically, we win 45-42, in overtime, because Chuck has, FINALLY, realized how to play the pats...

The real question is, why are we up at 3 am talking about football? 

Underinflated footballs or not, I'm still not convinced the Pats couldn't beat us fair and square without them. The whippings the Colts have sustained compliments of the Pats have certainly gone deeper than their increased ability to grip squishy balls.

Underinflated footballs or not, I'm still not convinced the Pats couldn't beat us fair and square without them. The whippings the Colts have sustained compliments of the Pats have certainly gone deeper than their increased ability to grip squishy balls.

Take a look at the score of the 2nd half of the AFC championship if you want to be convinced...

BB could beat us, because he is BB and beating him fair and square is damn-near impossible.  Is he wearing the hoodie? Is Brady pisst off? Can we stop their run-attack?

Regardless, it doesn't matter the time of day, what matters is whether or not Chuck has stepped up to the plate and hit a home-run as far as game-planning.

If Chuck can't out-coach BB, then we are screwed.

Reading the Patriots forums is a new pastime I am enjoying.

It's the whole "us vs. them" mentality. Everyone hates us. We are going to win in the end. This is war. The league is absurd. Everyone is out to get us. Aliens want our heads on a platter. We are going to fight fight fight. Brady is a winner. Brady is innocent. Kraft must DO SOMETHING. The league HATES US. 

It often sounds like a bunch of women with Stockholm syndrome.

I'm going to try and continue a conversation from a thread that got closed earlier today....

In it, a Patriots fan tried to explain that while the Pats have been first in fewest fumbles since 2007 when Tom Brady got a rule passed that each team could provide it's own footballs (Hmmm?!?) the Pats fan tried to say that while the Pats have been first, someone else has been 2nd.

Well.... yeah.

But it's not that New England has almost always been first. It's that they've been first by such a huge statistical measure that it's impossible to believe it simply has happened because Belicheck has coached his player not to fumble. The number is so far greater than whoever was second it's beyond ridiculous.....

Click and scroll down..... here are the charts that show just how far fewer fumbles New England made than everyone else.

It's mind blowing and eye popping....

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

This is from an article written in 2012, well before there was any hint that the Pats were using under-inflated footballs.

Quote:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis' four years as a New England Patriot, he never fumbled the ball once. Now that he's a Cincinnati Bengal, the running back has had three fumbles in his last two games. So what has changed?

It can't just be that he's with a different team—there has to be more at work than Green-Ellis simply wearing another uniform."

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1354195-benjarvus-green-ellis-with-3-fumbles-in-2-weeks-whats-changed

The article goes on to give possible explanations for this. Of course, using under-inflated footballs was not one of them. Who would have ever guessed that Brady and his guys were tampering with footballs AFTER the balls were approved by the refs? It is one thing to let air out before they are approved and quite another to take the balls and alter them after the refs have approved them.

The punishment is just.

I don't see anything in Krafts statement saying anything but they think the penalty is excessive and he supports Brady. Of coarse they will appeal but where are you getting this idea that this will be the end of Goodall and the rest of this ?

Huh? This is his statement:

Despite our conviction that there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league. Today’s punishment, however, far exceeded any reasonable expectation. It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence,”

I don't know how you can read that and not take that as he will fight it. We will see but there is talk all over our media that Kraft is gearing up for a fight ...

Our beat guy Mike Reiss thinks they are clearly fighting words, http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4781402/robert-kraft-decides-hes-not-done-fighting-on-behalf-of-patriots

Guys, please. Let's all give Brady a fair chance. He's not a dirty player.

Tom_Brady_Slide_Ed_Reed_Bernard_Pollard_

Um....well, that was just one incident. He's not a cheater.

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-5.jpg

Ok, maybe the one guy is a cheater. But don't let that discount Belichick and the rest of the organziation. They're still a fair playing bunch.

35f2e96be2df6c1da260e55df1627fd9.600x377

....I give up

love it

Huh? This is his statement:

Despite our conviction that there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league. Today’s punishment, however, far exceeded any reasonable expectation. It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence,”

I don't know how you can read that and not take that as he will fight it. We will see but there is talk all over our media that Kraft is gearing up for a fight ...

Our beat guy Mike Reiss thinks they are clearly fighting words, http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4781402/robert-kraft-decides-hes-not-done-fighting-on-behalf-of-patriots

He can say whatever he wants. The fact is he has no basis to appeal

I don't believe he can appeal according to the CBA. He would have to take this to the outside courts.

Which everyone here would love, except you. I mean, you'd be jumping around with joy at first, but end up the same way you have consistently through this process.

How many fumbles did Donald Brown have as a Colt? One? We are reaching and we don't need to.

I don't think we are. It's a huge disparity and it looks to have happened overnight after Brady lobbied for the rules change in 2006. The statistical drop in fumbles from that point going forward is mind boggling to say the least.

Which everyone here would love, except you. I mean, you'd be jumping around with joy at first, but end up the same way you have consistently through this process.

I want them to expose the report. I could care less if they win or not. The process alone would satisfy me of the league having to come to the table with that "report" that they paid $5 mil to commission ...

yep. guess this ends the Manning brady debate. Manning GOAT...Brady cheater/liar

lol. You realize that today, right now, in the middle of an appeal, Manning would trade places with Brady in a heartbeat? So would Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, etc ...

I want them to expose the report. I could care less if they win or not. The process alone would satisfy me of the league having to come to the table with that "report" that they paid $5 mil to commission ...

There's nothing to expose.. if anything, it'll fully expose the Patriots and how many years they've been cheating.

heck, maybe all the fans of teams the Pats may have cheated on ought to file a lawsuit against the Pats and Brady, force this thing wide open....

yep. guess this ends the Manning brady debate. Manning GOAT...Brady cheater/liar

Manning was an upstanding and honorable guy. The better question is how was his legacy affected by shady tactics over the years ? These are the questions that come up when a player or organization refuses to play within the rules.

lol. You realize that today, right now, in the middle of an appeal, Manning would trade places with Brady in a heartbeat? So would Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, etc ...

And you know because you've talked to each and every one of them personally...since yesterday....you've gone from delusional to having no grasp on reality at all. What are you smoking, snorting, etc?

To those other quarterbacks, their good names are worth everything. They wouldn't trade their good name for a tainted championship.

And be known as cheaters? I don't think so.

To those other quarterbacks, their good names are worth everything. They wouldn't trade their good name for a tainted championship.

lol. Please. IF athletes really cared about their good name and not winning, none of them would do PEDs or break rules in any shape or form. As I have said repeatedly here, all of the great dynasties of football have blemishes but the Pats are probably the most benign in camera location and ball pressure ...

lol. Please. IF athletes really cared about their good name and not winning, none of them would do PEDs or break rules in any shape or form. As I have said repeatedly here, all of the great dynasties of football have blemishes but the Pats are probably the most benign in camera location and ball pressure ...

I'm not sure what that changes about how people view the Patriots.  You don't want to be benigned for those reasons, then don't do them.  It's pretty simple.

And murder.

I'm not sure what that changes about how people view the Patriots.  You don't want to be benigned for those reasons, then don't do them.  It's pretty simple.

I agree. The narrative of them being cheaters has been there since 2007 no matter how much they have proved that spygate did not aid them in any way. And with this deflategate, the game in questions was a blowout with no proof that Brady actually did or ordered anything illegal and then went on to win the SB with proper footballs. As I said on another thread, the most important game in Patriots history and for Brady's legacy was that SB. Not just because of deflategate as all agree ball pressure was a non-issue in the AFCCG but because of the 10 years between titles, the two SB losses previously. Had he gone 3-3 in SBs, his legacy would have been very different and much more altered than this deflated ball stuff. This will pass even more quickly than spygate did precisely because they did win the Super Bowl.

When did Manning, Marino, or Tarkenton use PED's ? These guys are legitimate Hall of Famers who played within the rules and are fully respected.

And murder.

I love how people keep mentioning Aaron Hernandez as if the Patriots or their fans have ever condoned his actions. In fact, the Patriots went further than any team ever when dealing with that type of issue by letting any fans with his jersey trade it in for free. They distanced themselves immediately when they were made aware that he went crazy.

Stop trying to tie him into this. 

I agree. The narrative of them being cheaters has been there since 2007 no matter how much they have proved that spygate did not aid them in any way. And with this deflategate, the game in questions was a blowout with no proof that Brady actually did or ordered anything illegal and then went on to win the SB with proper footballs. As I said on another thread, the most important game in Patriots history and for Brady's legacy was that SB. Not just because of deflategate as all agree ball pressure was a non-issue in the AFCCG but because of the 10 years between titles, the two SB losses previously. Had he gone 3-3 in SBs, his legacy would have been very different and much more altered than this deflated ball stuff. This will pass even more quickly than spygate did precisely because they did win the Super Bowl.

It will pass like it has for Barry Bonds, Rodger Clemens, and Rafael Palmero.