Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

I agree. The narrative of them being cheaters has been there since 2007 no matter how much they have proved that spygate did not aid them in any way. And with this deflategate, the game in questions was a blowout with no proof that Brady actually did or ordered anything illegal and then went on to win the SB with proper footballs. As I said on another thread, the most important game in Patriots history and for Brady's legacy was that SB. Not just because of deflategate as all agree ball pressure was a non-issue in the AFCCG but because of the 10 years between titles, the two SB losses previously. Had he gone 3-3 in SBs, his legacy would have been very different and much more altered than this deflated ball stuff. This will pass even more quickly than spygate did precisely because they did win the Super Bowl.

Look, it's clear that this wasn't the first time the balls were underinflated.  The Ravens have a legitimate complaint as that game actually was close.  Brady threw the ball literally every down except when he was sacked (or ran) in the second half of that game.  With underinflated balls, who's to say that it didn't aid them at all.  So yeah, maybe the SB was the most important game in his legacy, people can still question whether he even deserved to be there in the first place.  Hence, the asterisk.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good heavens ... are you still trying to compare ball pressure to PEDs?

You were the one that mentioned PED's, not him.

Players/teams break the rules because they feel it gives them an edge. Otherwise it would be pointless to do it. Whether they actually care about their own image or character is moot. The problem is, people that watch and pay to see the games do.

I love how people keep mentioning Aaron Hernandez as if the Patriots or their fans have ever condoned his actions. In fact, the Patriots went further than any team ever when dealing with that type of issue by letting any fans with his jersey trade it in for free. They distanced themselves immediately when they were made aware that he went crazy.

Stop trying to tie him into this.

Didn't they go on to draft Thompkins? His past was more checkered than Hernandez?

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 12, 2015 - Iciting members with Hernades 'kills' rhetoric.
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 12, 2015 - Iciting members with Hernades 'kills' rhetoric.

I love how people keep mentioning Aaron Hernandez as if the Patriots or their fans have ever condoned his actions. In fact, the Patriots went further than any team ever when dealing with that type of issue by letting any fans with his jersey trade it in for free. They distanced themselves immediately when they were made aware that he went crazy.

A New England Patriots player murdered someone regardless of the fact that the team "distanced themselves immediately." It's true and fair game regardless of what Patriots fans would like everyone to believe. They lie, they cheat, they kill.

To be entirely fair, I happen to agree with you.  The Hernandez situation shouldn't be used against the Pats at all.  All teams have people on their team who might have questionable pasts.  There isn't one NFL team that doesn't have people with character concerns.  As soon as he was charged the Pats released him at great cost to their cap and spent money exchanging Hernandez jersey's from their fans for other jerseys.

The Patriots did everything right with that situation and it shouldn't be tied with this or used against them in any way.

That said I still think spygate and deflategate where clearly cheating and they taint all 4 SB's 

Look, it's clear that this wasn't the first time the balls were underinflated.  The Ravens have a legitimate complaint as that game actually was close.  Brady threw the ball literally every down except when he was sacked (or ran) in the second half of that game.  With underinflated balls, who's to say that it didn't aid them at all.  So yeah, maybe the SB was the most important game in his legacy, people can still question whether he even deserved to be there in the first place.  Hence, the asterisk.

Except John Harbaugh came out and said that the Pats footballs were fine. And the Wells report was not able to prove any history of it. All they did was prove Brady knew the rules better than the refs about air pressure when the ref before the Jets game over inflated to 16 psi. You realize the main reason why the investigation took so long was because Wells was trying to prove a history of it? He was not able to and could not prove the AFCCG either, just a probably.

Except John Harbaugh came out and said that the Pats footballs were fine. And the Wells report was not able to prove any history of it. All they did was prove Brady knew the rules better than the refs about air pressure when the ref before the Jets game over inflated to 16 psi. You realize the main reason why the investigation took so long was because Wells was trying to prove a history of it? He was not able to and could not prove the AFCCG either, just a probably.

Also because the team and personnel didn't fully cooperate

A New England Patriots player murdered someone regardless of the fact that the team "distanced themselves immediately." It's true and fair game regardless of what Patriots fans would like everyone to believe. They lie, they cheat, they kill.

There was a reason a guy that talented went in the second round with a 42nd pick. They were all smiling like Chesshire cats when they stole him in the draft, until it blew up in their faces. But that alright , they released him immediately , so it's all good.

Not trying to tie Aaron into this but you got to admit the Patriots organization was warned about his character flaws from the beginning that is why a lot of teams passed on him during the draft

Good heavens ... are you still trying to compare ball pressure to PEDs?

You're the one who used the PED example....seriously, you are truly a piece of work, your intellectual ability is being debated here just as much as tom brdays guilt.....

see below. I your own words

lol. Please. IF athletes really cared about their good name and not winning, none of them would do PEDs or break rules in any shape or form. As I have said repeatedly here, all of the great dynasties of football have blemishes but the Pats are probably the most benign in camera location and ball pressure ...

What bugs me is the "Oohh, we should be scared to death cause Brady is really mad and he's gonna torch us for_____ points."  We, and every other team, are the ones who should be mad.  We are the victims not them.  I hope Robert Mathis drills his sorry rear into the ground.       

Kind of ironic you choose Robert Mathis as the one to enact revenge on Brady considering he was suspended 4 games for PED's last year.

There was a reason a guy that talented went in the second round with a 42nd pick. They were all smiling like Chesshire cats when they stole him in the draft, until it blew up in their faces. But that alright , they released him immediately , so it's all good.

Are you really going to talk about player misconduct as a Ravens fan?

By that definition then all NFL teams are terrible because a lot of them have people convicted of assault, DV, alcohol related incidents like DUI.  

There was no way for them to know that Hernandez might end up killing a guy other then the character concerns they did know about when drafting him.  And I don't believe those concerns where any greater or more obvious then a lot of other guys who end up in the NFL with character concerns.  

Should the Colts be held responsible for D'Qwell Jackson punching a Pizza guy?  And they didn't even release him.  Pats released Hernandez at great cost to their cap.  Sorry they did everything right unless you expect that they never ever sign someone with character concerns again. . . and in that case good luck finding an NFL team who never signs guys with character concerns.

Not trying to tie Aaron into this but you got to admit the Patriots organization was warned about his character flaws from the beginning that is why a lot of teams passed on him during the draft

Agreed. But it sounds like you guys are trying to make a case like 'oh there go the Patriots again, defending murderers and saying it's all good!'

No way. His actions in no way reflect the uniform he happened to be wearing on Sunday.

The text messages give very strong evidence of a history of it.  I mean the guy who snuck into the bathroom with the balls was nicknamed the deflator BEFORE the AFC championship game.

It's certainly a stretch to say there is no proof it happened before the AFC Championship game.  Not only do the text messages seem to indicate that it did but also logic.  There is no logical reason that the Patriots would suddenly start cheating against the Colts.  

By that definition then all NFL teams are terrible because a lot of them have people convicted of assault, DV, alcohol related incidents like DUI.

There was no way for them to know that Hernandez might end up killing a guy other then the character concerns they did know about when drafting him. And I don't believe those concerns where any greater or more obvious then a lot of other guys who end up in the NFL with character concerns.

Should the Colts be held responsible for D'Qwell Jackson punching a Pizza guy? And they didn't even release him. Pats released Hernandez at great cost to their cap. Sorry they did everything right unless you expect that they never ever sign someone with character concerns again. . . and in that case good luck finding an NFL team who never signs guys with character concerns.

I'll give Kraft credit there. He did do the right thing and he bought back the Fans jerseys. So there, I'd have to say, was a class move. One in rarity

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 12, 2015 - Quoting hidden post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 12, 2015 - Quoting hidden post

I'm sorry...mods ban me if you must...but this is straight up one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum...and its so very sad that some of you feel the need to stoop to this level of IDIOCY...somehow trying to make that insinuation. Please.

The difference is I call out the Ravens players for their misconduct and want them punished.

Pretty sure Pats fans where eager to dump their Hernandez jersey's after he was charged.  With Hernandez not very many people where upset about his release.  

Sorry I'm in complete agreement that they have now cheated twice and this *should* taint their SB wins.

But trying to pin the Hernandez thing on them is going too far.  It's not a question of how much money he got or how highly he was drafted, that doesn't matter.  He was signed and upon learning of the charges against him, was released and the Pats exchanged jerseys for anyone who had his jersey.  All at their own cost.

The only thing you can hold against them is they signed him and played him knowing he had character concerns (but not the full extent of those).  But if you hold that against them you have to hold it against any team that signs players with character concerns.  And since all 32 teams do that sort of thing the only fair solution is to be angry with the entire NFL for signing guys with character issues.