Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everybody, Please.

RealityIsLuck

Just chill out. This T.Y. talk is so dumb. The Colts stuck to their board and took their best available player. Philip Dorsett may not make too much sense right now, but Andre Johnson is every old, and he'll be gone pretty soon. We need a future #2. You can never have too many Weapons, No matter how big of a need DL or DBs may of been, you always take BPA. DO not draft by need or else you won't have very talented players on you roster. Dorsett is a great weapon, who can come in and help in the rotation. This T.Y. talk makes me want to rip my hair out because he's not going anywhere. You can never be too safe, you can never have too many weapons, or go wrong picking you BPA over need based.

So please, just calm down. T.Y. is NOT going anywhere, Enjoy Dorsett and the monster our offense will be next year.

Just chill out. This T.Y. talk is so dumb. The Colts stuck to their board and took their best available player. Philip Dorsett may not make too much sense right now, but Andre Johnson is every old, and he'll be gone pretty soon. We need a future #2. You can never have too many Weapons, No matter how big of a need DL or DBs may of been, you always take BPA. DO not draft by need or else you won't have very talented players on you roster. Dorsett is a great weapon, who can come in and help in the rotation. This T.Y. talk makes me want to rip my hair out because he's not going anywhere. You can never be too safe, have too many weapons, or go wrong picking you BPA over need based.

So please, just calm down. T.Y. is going anywhere, Enjoy Dorsett and the monster our offense will be next year.

Don't agree with the pick but I do however agree with your statement

Its not overreacting. I'm so mad I wont be able to go to sleep for a while. We took a WR when we are loaded at WR. And when we have major holes on the D-Line, Safety, and the O-Line. We wont be stopping the run again this year guys. Face it. It was a bad move unless we pull off something crazy and trade for Wilkerson.

Just chill out. This T.Y. talk is so dumb. The Colts stuck to their board and took their best available player. Philip Dorsett may not make too much sense right now, but Andre Johnson is every old, and he'll be gone pretty soon. We need a future #2. You can never have too many Weapons, No matter how big of a need DL or DBs may of been, you always take BPA. DO not draft by need or else you won't have very talented players on you roster. Dorsett is a great weapon, who can come in and help in the rotation. This T.Y. talk makes me want to rip my hair out because he's not going anywhere. You can never be too safe, you can never have too many weapons, or go wrong picking you BPA over need based.

So please, just calm down. T.Y. is going anywhere, Enjoy Dorsett and the monster our offense will be next year.

I lost interest in this post when you said no matter how much DL or DB is a need

If you're fine with having a terrible defense, that's your business

But defending this pick is futile. Nothing you can say can make this pick right

Just chill out. This T.Y. talk is so dumb. The Colts stuck to their board and took their best available player. Philip Dorsett may not make too much sense right now, but Andre Johnson is every old, and he'll be gone pretty soon. We need a future #2. You can never have too many Weapons, No matter how big of a need DL or DBs may of been, you always take BPA. DO not draft by need or else you won't have very talented players on you roster. Dorsett is a great weapon, who can come in and help in the rotation. This T.Y. talk makes me want to rip my hair out because he's not going anywhere. You can never be too safe, you can never have too many weapons, or go wrong picking you BPA over need based.

I'm actually quite sure you can.  When you compromise your investment in your defense to give your offense more weapons than it already has, like Grigson has done tonight, you're starting to move to the "too many weapons" end of the spectrum.  There's only one ball to throw around

I lost interest in this post when you said no matter how much DL or DB is a need

If you're fine with having a terrible defense, that's your business

But defending this pick is futile. Nothing you can say can make this pick right

Are you not familiar with the idea of Best Available player? If you look at the tweet above, It says the Colts loved Dorsett and he was their top available player and it "wasn't close".

"Nothing you can say can make this pick right"

Nothing you can say can make this pick wrong.. Last time I checked you weren't in the Colts FO?

They took their top player and all of these fans that don't seem to understand the STANDARD method of drafting (BPA) and freak out when it's not at the position they want really need to grow up. Just like you, please GROW UP they took their top player on the board and didn't make the mistake of drafting for need. 

After all those Moncrief pump up articles and pieces on how they want to get him on the field more?

i dont see it

He was a WR #4 last season and will be again this year except he'll probably get more touches. If all goes well then we cut Johnson after this season and Moncrief takes over his role. Heck maybe he does it this year IDK. Another wildcard thought is maybe Moncrief could end up as trade bait. Doubtful, but it's a thought if we want to move up in this draft.

As the shock wears off, this pick makes a little more sense to me. Malcom Brown would have been a value pick here at a position of need. I expect this was Pagano's choice, coming from the U of Miami, FL.

We'll see how it goes, but with this pick it is obvious we are abandoning the "power run" offense and going with a vertical passing game on first, second and third down. I just really hope they don't let TY walk at the end of the season. Hilton is my favorite player in the league today. Having a second Hilton is huge, but its a lateral move if the intention is to have him REPLACE the guy we already have on the roster.

Just like Kevin White made sense to the Bears, but he is just replacing Brandon Marshall, who was traded for a bag of peanuts. That doesn't make the team any better. We'll see what we can do in round 2 and beyond. Maybe we still find a way to get Landon Collins and a few building blocks on the defensive line. This pretty much kills my "fantasy" of drafting Ameer Abdullah in the second round though.

I guess you have to look at the bright side. Just think everyone was thinking we were loaded last year at WR when the season started and look how that played out. When Reggie went down we had absolutely no passing attack. This year we added another young player that is a blazer as well to go with T.Y. and Moncrief. Good luck to the opposing defense as I doubt they have three corners that can run a sub 4.35 40 and have a corner with the physicality to cover A. Johnson. In the end though I love the player we chose, just not for our team at this time. I really wish we would of went with Malcom Brown.

people are going to feel very stupid about their reactions

Yes, Dorset will look good and grigson will be lauded for hitting on a 1st round pick.....and then the colts will get smacked around in the playoffs by a team that is talented and tough in the trenches.

Uh....we still have eight picks.....not to mention we have made Changes through free agency......

Grigson had three previous drafts and has yet to hit on a defensive difference maker. Let's just say my confidence in grigson isn't at an all time high.

Look out we might draft a QB in the 2nd round.. No matter what you say i still hate this pick we are stacked at WR, when is he going to get on the field you forget we run alot of 2 TE set, like someone said why get more weapons when theres only one football, better yet why waste a 1st on someone who will probably not see the field as much.. We needed to upgrade the defense i guess its gonna be another 200+yds in the playoffs what good is having so many weapons when your defense cant stop the run.. I know the draft isnt over but i just think there were better options.. I hope Grigs Proves me wrong .. Go COLTS!!

Well I guess I'm in the majority when it comes to the disappointment felt seeing that our beloved Colts picked a receiver.  A receiver??  Our defense needs serious help!  Why can't we make moves towards the glory days of having a dominating defense with players like we had in the mid 2000's with names like Bob Sanders, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney?  Correct me if I'm wrong but after acquiring those players, it wasn't long before we won a superbowl with Peyton, Wayne, Clark and the rest of the potent offense.  Something is wrong with the mindset of the front office here.  It could easily be argued that Dorsett was "the best available player" left in the draft at the 29th pick but more importantly why not draft the best available player that the team NEEDS.  If the mindset of the front office is to draft "the best available player then does that mean we would have drafted Mariota or Winston if they were available at the 29th pick?  With Andrew Luck as the starter of course you wouldn't so why did we see a receiver picked in the first round when we have T.Y, Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Andre Johnson and now Frank Gore to take some pressure off of Luck in having a running game?  It was painful watching our defense (especially the defensive line) look anemic last year in the playoffs and I can only assume that it will be more of the same this year with no real commitment in building a defense that will carry the Colts into the Superbowl.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Incase you're wondering:

For what it's worth, Grigson said Dorsett was the highest-rated player on the #Colts board. And it wasn't close.

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

May 1, 2015

"Not even close"

What metrics Grigson uses to stack the board and come to that conclusion is something we don't know.

What we DO know is that not only has our playoff run defense sucked for ages....with the exception a 4-game stretch in 2006-07....but we haven't been able to get within a country mile of quality run-stuffing DTs on Draft Day the entire time. We'd get scooped year after year after year due to our late round draft position.

Had Malcolm Brown somehow been passed on by the Patriots, and along with Goldman, slipped into the 2nd round....I might be of the opinion that "okay, these GMs ARE the professionals".....understanding that they know way more about this stuff than we do, which is certainly the case.

However, the multiple Super Bowl-winning Belichick pounced on Brown like stink on :censored:  a mere 3 picks after Grigson passed on him....which begs an explanation of Grigson's "not even close" BPA assessment.

We rarely lacked for firepower in Manning's era....and hopefully Luck-to-Dorsett will wow us all. But "down the middle defense" has been a very long-term problem over quite a number of playoff games....with DT being especially soft.

I really wish Brown and Goldman had been scooped up BEFORE we picked....which has usually been the case with 1st round-rated DTs for us in the past....because I'd be having a hell of alot easier time with the Dorsett pick.

Jets have Richardson/Wilkerson, arguably the best 3-4 DE tandem in the league, and draft Leonard Williams.  The Jets have many holes, most notably QB...

Broncos have Ware/Miller, a great OLB tandem, and TRADE UP to draft Shane Ray, who had an off-field incident THIS WEEK.  The Broncos have many holes, like TE, the trenches, and secondary...

In 2005, the Packers had Favre, a top 5 QB at the time, and drafted Aaron Rodgers.  They had many holes at the time...

But by all means, let's fire Grigson and burn the whole thing to the ground because we drafted the BPA and stacked strength on strength so that Andrew Luck has weapons.  God forbid a WR gets injured this year (Wayne in 2014) and we don't have the depth behind them to keep rolling...

Its not overreacting. I'm so mad I wont be able to go to sleep for a while. We took a WR when we are loaded at WR. And when we have major holes on the D-Line, Safety, and the O-Line. We wont be stopping the run again this year guys. Face it. It was a bad move unless we pull off something crazy and trade for Wilkerson.

I had the exact same reaction you did C-449. Krunk made me realize in the Duron Carter thread though that WR Phillip Dorsett might be a nice new toy on punt returns which could work. 

I need to see though that Grigs fills the holes you mentioned. The draft isn't over yet so don't get completely distraught just yet. Hang in there. 

Yes, Dorset will look good and grigson will be lauded for hitting on a 1st round pick.....and then the colts will get smacked around in the playoffs by a team that is talented and tough in the trenches.

Ah huh that's what worries me too BOTT. Getting to the playoffs is meaningless if NE, Pittsburgh, & Dallas keep kicking INDY's caboose late in December. Well said my man. Well said. 

I'm actually quite sure you can.  When you compromise your investment in your defense to give your offense more weapons than it already has, like Grigson has done tonight, you're starting to move to the "too many weapons" end of the spectrum.  There's only one ball to throw around

I will wait & see what Grigs does over the next couple of days before I give you my final draft conclusion, but right now I leaning in that direction 21. There's still time to remedy the situation, but Grigs better get cracking making up for lost ground pronto. I wanna be dazzled not disappointed again. We need to protect Luck & stop getting steamrolled on defense. The clock is ticking... 

I swear some of you guys must not have been Colts fans for the last 15 years, because this is the EXACT recipe that allowed us to win only one Super Bowl while having the best QB in the game.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.....or something like that.

One player not taken in the first round is not going to determine how good or bad the Colts are. Over reaction is the word. We all witnessed how poor the passing game was when Wayne was not playing or not 100%. Swoops and Whalen are career back up players so we were not as deep at receiver as most think. Dorsett will have at least one year to be mentored by Johnson and TY. Add Carter to that mix and it has the potential to be the best receiving corps in the league. Yes I realize the Patriots run big time against us but it wasn't only the defense that did not play well. The offense couldn't move the ball either and we gave up how many 3 and outs? The defense was gassed partly because the offense couldn't get first downs. Just as always a lot of Colt fans over react to the point it has become almost hysterical.

Dorsett wont even play next year. 

maybe when andre is gone he will see the field. 

Dorsett will absolutely play this year.

Perhaps not a lot.   But he will play and will make an impact on the offense.

The only way he doesn't is if he gets hurt.