Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft

Whoa. If that's true, and Glazer usually knows what he's talking about, then there's some serious merit to these rumors that he won't be drafted.

If his name is completely cleared by the time of the supplemental draft, then I think it would take a first to get him.

Ah, I wasn't positive whether police are allowed to lie about that. Man, police can lie about a lot haha

Well then I understand being scared off, he won't be a first rounder

I'm not saying they're lying about whether he's a suspect. But they might question him, and then look into his alibi and determine that he wasn't telling the truth, and now he's a "person of interest." And so on. 

No reason to think that will happen, but the possibility exists. I wouldn't want to use a high draft pick on a guy that is being questioned in connection with a murder, when there's all these other players who aren't being questioned in connection with a murder. It's a huge investment. I don't want the added risk.

Ah, I wasn't positive whether police are allowed to lie about that. Man, police can lie about a lot haha

Well then I understand being scared off, he won't be a first rounder

Even if he's not the trigger man,  police have to make sure he wasn't involved in any other way....

Did he hire the trigger man?

Is he the father of the child?

Does he know anyone who might know anything?

At this point,  NFL teams aren't sure if Collins will be able to play for them this year,  or any other year,  depending on what is discovered in an interview....

Honestly,   I hope the NFL lets Collins out of the draft and enter a supplemental draft in a few months...

But, I suspect they won't....

Teams won't draft him until full clearance of his name by Police-

"Jay Glazer @JayGlazer

Most are asking for a full police report clearing him before they are willing to draft him. Collins is slated to meet w police"

Poor La'el!!

When is the supplemental draft?  Would we be able to get him in time for training camp?  If so, I'd sacrifice next year's first for him (assuming he clears his name entirely)!  Is that how this works?

That is how this works, but he wasn't allowed to pull out, so he won't be allowed to participate in the supplemental draft. Not without a major exception from the league. And he'd have to stay a free agent, I'm sure.

If you take a player in the supplemental draft, he is eligible for this year's camp.

might as well spend the last pick on him

^^^^^ This. Unfortunately he's gonna miss out on a ton of money in his first contract do to his plummeting draft stock (assuming he's cleared of all charges), and that really sucks for him. But I'm guessing that's a small price to pay to have your name cleared in a murder investigation.

might as well spend the last pick on him

I agree, I would spend a late seventh on him in a heart beat.  We have the next to last pick in the draft, if there is any reasonable chance he plays I don't see how you don't take him there. 

his agent didnt even want him in the draft. he'll be llucky if he gets drafted

He might not get drafted, but his agent probably knew the situation could cause him to fall, and did not want his client sitting there in the public eye possibly dropping worse than any prospect in history. 

If he falls to the 3rd...then.....I guess I'd be okay with said flyer. To me, it sounds like the police say he's not a suspect and so far hadn't had contact with the victim in over 6 months...they mainly wanted to determine paternity of her young child

If he falls to the 3rd...then.....I guess I'd be okay with said flyer. To me, it sounds like the police say he's not a suspect and so far hadn't had contact with the victim in over 6 months...they mainly wanted to determine paternity of her young child

That is my understanding too. It's crazy how we condemn people so quickly in the public eye. 

I feel bad for the man. He has a child with no mother and many people already think he had something to do with her death.

If he is guilty or took any part then shame on him, and I hope he is severely punished, but until more details come out, we just do not know. 

That is my understanding too. It's crazy how we condemn people so quickly in the public eye. 

I feel bad for the man. He has a child with no mother and many people already think he had something to do with her death.

If he is guilty or took any part then shame on him, and I hope he is severely punished, but until more details come out, we just do not know. 

I'd take the risk still in the 3rd