Where's the Upgrade? Numbers don't lie

Redding: 2014; 3.5 sacks, 35 tackles

RJF: 2014; 3.0 sacks, 28 tackles

Kendall Langford: 2014; 1 sack, 17 tackles.. 2013; 36 tackles, 5 sacks

wash? where's the upgrade?

Werner: 2014; 37 tackles, 4 sacks

Cole: 2014; 52 tackles, 6.5 sacks

Wow.. Upgrade? not much

these are great signings if we are just replacing guys with guys, but if we we're trying to get BETTER DEFENSIVELY this is horrible

Wow.. Upgrade? not much

these are great signings if we are just replacing guys with guys, but if we we're trying to get BETTER DEFENSIVELY this is horrible

These are only two players. Depth is important in case you didn't know.

Wow.. Upgrade? not much

If you're trying to judge a 3-4 defensive lineman based on stats, you're doing it wrong.

However, I agree, I don't think the DL is better yet. But the 2015 season is five hours young. There's little need to even have this conversation right now.

As for for Trent Cole vs. Bjoern Werner, well, Cole is better, bottom line. Plus, Mathis will be back, and the development of Werner and Newsome will help. 

Unless you just want to complain because we didn't sign your favorite guy... In which case, I might as well be talking to the wall...

These are only two players. Depth is important in case you didn't know.

Our defense doesn't only need depth, WE NEED QUALITY TALENT upfront in case you didn't know. That's the bill of good we all know and the goods we we're sold. I'm showing here that so far we have selected virtually the same guys we had on DEFENSE. And I got news for you, unless Langford gets beat out by Hughes he's going to START

I think they are worried about system fit.. that's why they're not going after the likes of Hardy, Suh and others. Still are nice signings just because they aren't big names.

Hardy's still available (but probably not gonna happen). Suh was never going to happen (and I think we all know that). Fairley is still available, Knighton, Wilfork, Williams, etc., etc., still available. 

Trent Cole is a top ten pass rusher from the OLB spot statistically (pressures/pass rush snaps; min 50% of teams snaps)

Werner is literally the worst. 

I really wish everyone who keeps complaining would just shut up and go sit in a corner until free agency and the draft are BOTH over. Jeez. This is why I stay away from the forums so much. People complain too much.

Just keep refreshing Twitter, people. This is a fun day if you're an NFL fan. 

Our defense doesn't only need depth, WE NEED QUALITY TALENT upfront in case you didn't know. That's the bill of good we all know and the goods we we're sold. I'm showing here that so far we have selected virtually the same guys we had on DEFENSE. And I got news for you, unless Langford gets beat out by Hughes he's going to START

So you have the inside track to Grigson? There is no need to use capital letters. We can read.

In order to scratch the itch, I create fake accounts, copy ridiculous posts to them, then ban the fake account.

#notreally

Im about to go crazy with all these "awesome" threads like this one ;) don't see how you all are not driven nuts yet haha though your fake accounts would explain it haha ....yes I know it was a joke

I really wish everyone who keeps complaining would just shut up and go sit in a corner until free agency and the draft are BOTH over. Jeez. This is why I stay away from the forums so much. People complain too much.

Look. I, like everyone else realize FA is young and no draft yet. This stems from the fact that to this point the Colts have not addressed the area of most concern. The NT and D-Line. That position needed to be done first over-all. Pass rushers are great, but we need to stop the run. If you think we can get a true NT in the draft that's gonna light it up, awesome. I hope we do. but so far by adding a 6 sack guy and a 300 lb body that used to be good at 3-4 defense just doesn't cut it and I have a right to feel this way.

Even though frank might be good, I could care about frank unless the Colts plan on stopping the run means running time off the clock by letting frank run it

Langford had to play behind Donald a high first rd pick last year but he has been consistent his whole career and very disruptive. Cole has a track record too. Fact that his secondary couldn't cover for more than 3 seconds means his numbers take a hit too. I'm sure we aren't done but honestly the Ravens aren't handing us ngata...and we weren't going to mortgage our whole FA for Suh. Don't forget we aren't signing the 2014 version of these guys we are looking at next year and down the road. It wasn't working the last two years and redding is getting very old. We will upgrade...and probably in the draft too.

Look. I, like everyone else realize FA is young and no draft yet. This stems from the fact that to this point the Colts have not addressed the area of most concern. The NT and D-Line. That position needed to be done first over-all. Pass rushers are great, but we need to stop the run. If you think we can get a true NT in the draft that's gonna light it up, awesome. I hope we do. but so far by adding a 6 sack guy and a 300 lb body that used to be good at 3-4 defense just doesn't cut it and I have a right to feel this way.

Even though frank might be good, I could care about frank unless the Colts plan on stopping the run means running time off the clock by letting frank run it

"This point"??? You mean the 5 hours, 25 minutes and 12 seconds and counting into the FA period...

Hardy's still available (but probably not gonna happen). Suh was never going to happen (and I think we all know that). Fairley is still available, Knighton, Wilfork, Williams, etc., etc., still available. 

We probably get one of these players with the cap we have left if we sign Andre. I don't think Hardy will come after the Trent Cole signing. I'd take Williams out of the people you mentioned but would be satisfied with any of them.

Geez calm down *. "That position needed to be addressed first". Why? Why is there a specific order in which grigson should have signed specific positions? That's stupid. Take a look at the available free agents. Knighton, fairley, and several others are still available.

At least try to save the whining until the rest of the good players are actually signed because it just sounds infantile to be complaining while good players at the positions you're complaining about are still available.

The Colts are and have been for the last several days implementing and creating a formula that images "correct" positioning of players to fill the open gaps and holes that have been prevelant for years now. The additions to protecting Luck, running the football, and stopping the run have been a very ingenious (and lucrative) way of achieving the Lombardi Trophy once again BEFORE the draft IMO.

In my best Aaron Rodgers voice ... R E L A X ... and enjoy the ride before critiquing! ;)

Well if you don't like FA signings you can go back to the wasted talent of the Polian era (Manning). Grigson is smart, everything he has done today has been more than exceptional. He has also learned from mistakes-2013 FA, he is getting proven players in Cole, Gore. The Colts are going to be much improved next year with these smart VETERAN fa's and 8? Picks in the draft. 3 veterans who can fill the voids left by Wayne Redding:(.

Langford-run stopper probably depth

Gore- best rb in luck era

Johnson(if signed) puts up numbers with bad qbs

Cole-an actual proven pass rusher.

don't forget Brady and Manning are only getting older, colts are getting better and who else is competition in the AFC? Ravens? -meh, Dolphins? -tannehill is a ?. Suh eats a ton of cap Bills? No QB, Bengals- no way, Steelers-pretty good (defense is old though). Next year is going to be a good year because of Grigson. If some are complaining, go back to Polians Colts- the 1 SB colts although they had one of the greatest qbs ever.

Geez calm down *. "That position needed to be addressed first". Why? Why is there a specific order in which grigson should have signed specific positions? That's stupid. Take a look at the available free agents. Knighton, fairley, and several others are still available.

At least try to save the whining until the rest of the good players are actually signed because it just sounds infantile to be complaining while good players at the positions you're complaining about are still available.

The Colts could win a super bowl and he would find something to whine about. The trophy wasn't big enough or it was gold plated and not platinum plated and was designed by Tiffany & co.

Well if you don't like FA signings you can go back to the wasted talent of the Polian era (Manning). Grigson is smart, everything he has done today has been more than exceptional. He has also learned from mistakes-2013 FA, he is getting proven players in Cole, Gore. The Colts are going to be much improved next year with these smart VETERAN fa's and 8? Picks in the draft. 3 veterans who can fill the voids left by Wayne Redding:(.

Langford-run stopper probably depth

Gore- best rb in luck era

Johnson(if signed) puts up numbers with bad qbs

Cole-an actual proven pass rusher.

don't forget Brady and Manning are only getting older, colts are getting better and who else is competition in the AFC? Ravens? -meh, Dolphins? -tannehill is a ?. Suh eats a ton of cap Bills? No QB, Bengals- no way, Steelers-pretty good (defense is old though). Next year is going to be a good year because of Grigson. If some are complaining, go back to Polians Colts- the 1 SB colts although they had one of the greatest qbs ever.

I hear ya. There are some who will always whine and cry no matter what the Colts do. It makes no difference that there are around 25 or so other NFL teams who just wished they had the talent the Colts have. Not to mention the upside of this team. It's never about what the good things the Colt do. I never understood the mind set of being negative all the time.

I hear ya. There are some who will always whine and cry no matter what the Colts do. It makes no difference that there are around 25 or so other NFL teams who just wished they had the talent the Colts have. Not to mention the upside of this team. It's never about what the good things the Colt do. I never understood the mind set of being negative all the time.

Exactly, and the Colts have done a lot of good things rather than bad.