Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm really starting to like Abdullah

Abdullah was initially my favorite rb of the "second tier" rbs. He was 10 lbs heavier at the combine than he was listed at before which I think is good. I think we are gonna have to take him in the second if we wanted him, no way he reaches the bottom of the third.

I thought he did fairly well at the combine and could see him being a steal in the 3rd round. I'd even consider Colts taking him 2 cause he might not fall to the bottom of 3.

Interesting timing.

Most observers say he didn't have all that great a combine....

He's very good and won't get out of the 3rd round.

I think when the dust settles the best RB in this class is going to be Ajayi and he fits our offense perfect. He has good hands in the passing game. I think he could slip to the 3rd this years Jeremy Hill.

I don't see how all these backs are going to be gone by the 3rd really how many backs are going in the top 100?

Abdullah is the type of back i want here with Luck. The guy reminds me of beast mode the way he runs with such power and vision.

Not a jamaal Charles type back but he's got a little wiggle, can definitely get u those 3rd and short yardage runs, run between the tackles and u have to gang tackle him,

Hope Abdullah "Beast Mode" Lynch is there in the 3rd for us.

I think when the dust settles the best RB in this class is going to be Ajayi and he fits our offense perfect. He has good hands in the passing game. I think he could slip to the 3rd this years Jeremy Hill.

I don't see how all these backs are going to be gone by the 3rd really how many backs are going in the top 100?

Ajayi is the back I really hope we grab. He is going to be a three down back and be able to do everything well. I don't know if he will be the best but I think he would be the best for us.

We ll see who laughs last . Gurley runs upright and stiff. Chubb actually impresses me more then Todd Gurley on that Georgia team.

I like Ameer if we somehow land him in the late 3rd or even better the 4th. He probably won't be there but he's a turnover machine. Just what the Colts need... I think Grigson considers that and pulls the trigger on someone else.

Yeah small hands is the only problem I worry about. 

Interesting look at the numbers. He had a 4.60 40, which I consider to be not very good. He did have a 1.61 in the 1st 10 yards which was in the top of that area for RB's. He had the top time in the 3 cone drill and short shuttle and there really wasn't anyone close in the short shuttle. He was the only one with a time below 4.0

Oh, and tops with the vertical and broad jumps for RB's

I like Ameer if we somehow land him in the late 3rd or even better the 4th. He probably won't be there but he's a turnover machine. Just what the Colts need... I think Grigson considers that and pulls the trigger on someone else.

If Grigson doesn't take Coleman in rounds 2 or 3, O think he'll take Langford in the 4th. Abdullah will be long gone in round 4

If Grigson doesn't take Coleman in rounds 2 or 3, O think he'll take Langford in the 4th. Abdullah will be long gone in round 4

I also have the feeling Coleman will be long gone by our 2nd pick. It's looking like Chargers, Atlanta, Panthers, & possibly Ravens and Cowboys need a RB as well. I wish it was May already.

Ameer had a lot of touches for NE over his career. Runs, passes, and KO returns too. He may have had more fumbles than others, but I wonder what the rate of fumbles per touch was.

The guy was their offense this year..and was still returning kicks late in games. Had to be tired.

Interesting look at the numbers. He had a 4.60 40, which I consider to be not very good. He did have a 1.61 in the 1st 10 yards which was in the top of that area for RB's. He had the top time in the 3 cone drill and short shuttle and there really wasn't anyone close in the short shuttle. He was the only one with a time below 4.0

Oh, and tops with the vertical and broad jumps for RB's

Not surprising. He always hit the hole quickly and could make one cut at full speed to get past a defender....but outrunning someone really wasn't his game.

If given the choice between picking Coleman in the 2nd or Langford on the 4th, I'll take Langford in the 4th all day.

I would rather have Coleman or Gurley in the second than Abdullah in the third.

I don't know that Gurley or Coleman will be there at the bottom of the second.  I am not necessarily in favor of Abdullah (or any RB in the 3rd) either.  I am more of a 4th round RB guy personally ... I would be satisfied with someone like Langford/Johnson/Cobb in the 4th.