Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Aaron Hernandez Walk?

COLTS449

Will Aaron Hernandez walk???  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will Aaron Hernandez Walk

• Yes
    • No

What's everyone's opinion on this. I think there's actually a chance he walks myself. Seems like there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, in fact the whole case is circumstantial with no motive IMO. What I'm wondering is this, wasn't he also indicted on that double homicide in Boston last year while he was in jail? Seems like I remember that he was. So even if he beats this charge, he still has to face the other one.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isnt physical evidence unfortunately and his wife has been granted immunity. The fact 2 other men were with him, the only way it will happen is if the other 2 rat him out.

I feel like the jury is so afraid of being targeted these days by high profile people like this they will say hes innocent.

As far as the other investigation, dont know the evidence. Its very sad but he will...

Actually, I was kind of hoping for an update on this case. Oh sure, I believe that Mr. Hernandez will be easily convicted with the mounting evidence against him no question. I'm always fascinated by stories like this. Not cold blooded murder in real life, but talented athletes who are well compensated, have a bright future ahead of them, & they still manage to screw their whole life up. 

Robert Kraft gave Aaron Hernandez life changing money in the multi-millions & this foolish individual flushed it all down the toilet. Sigh...I just can't quite wrap my head around that. How does a guy get $40,000,000 contract & just say forget my wife & child I'm just going to guy to a nightclub & end an innocent person's life later because they made me angry. Huh? What? 

Over $15,000,000 of that was guaranteed money with in excess of a $12,000,000 signing bonus. Dude. Seriously, most of us will never have access to that kind of dough. What the hades were you thinking man? Wow...

Most people would be a model citizen with an employer who placed that much faith in them. I'm still dumbfounded & flabbergasted by this tragedy even today. 

Araron destroyed cameras around his Boston home & his own cell phone in a police station parking lot. He may have been a gifted TE, but other elements in his life did not indicate mastermind brilliance on his part off of a football field now does it? 

Most TE's on a professional level are exceptional husbands & fathers. Somewhere along the line Mr. Hernandez never learned that lesson or he just didn't give a darn. Sad really. 

What's everyone's opinion on this. I think there's actually a chance he walks myself. Seems like there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, in fact the whole case is circumstantial with no motive IMO. What I'm wondering is this, wasn't he also indicted on that double homicide in Boston last year while he was in jail? Seems like I remember that he was. So even if he beats this charge, he still has to face the other one.

No murder weapon either.

I think there is a decent chance he walks unfortunately.

Yeah there's lots of circumstantial evidence.  The fact tehy can't find the murder weapon won't be the piece of evidence that keeps him out of jail.  I always keep coming back to the same indisputable fact - 3 men walked into a secluded area (not far from Hernandez' home no less), and only 2 came back alive with the dead guy with a hole in his back.  If it wasn't Hernandez, then he's an accomplice, which carries the same penalty as if he pulled the trigger himself.

There isnt physical evidence unfortunately and his wife has been granted immunity. The fact 2 other men were with him, the only way it will happen is if the other 2 rat him out.

I feel like the jury is so afraid of being targeted these days by high profile people like this they will say hes innocent.

As far as the other investigation, dont know the evidence. Its very sad but he will...

Hernandez isn't married, so the testimony his babies mama gives, immunity or not, can be used against him. No chance he gets off. especially since they have his DNA on a joint found near Lloyds body and a bullet casing with his DNA found in his rental car

Actually, I was kind of hoping for an update on this case. Oh sure, I believe that Mr. Hernandez will be easily convicted with the mounting evidence against him no question. I'm always fascinated by stories like this. Not cold blooded murder in real life, but talented athletes who are well compensated, have a bright future ahead of them, & they still manage to screw their whole life up.

Robert Kraft gave Aaron Hernandez life changing money in the multi-millions & this foolish individual flushed it all down the toilet. Sigh...I just can't quite wrap my head around that. How does a guy get $40,000,000 contract & just say forget my wife & child I'm just going to guy to a nightclub & end an innocent person's life later because they made me angry. Huh? What?

Over $15,000,000 of that was guaranteed money with in excess of a $12,000,000 signing bonus. Dude. Seriously, most of us will never have access to that kind of dough. What the hades were you thinking man? Wow...

Most people would be a model citizen with an employer who placed that much faith in them. I'm still dumbfounded & flabbergasted by this tragedy even today.

Defies logic....doesn't it SW1?

I guess the old saying "money doesn't build character, it reveals character" looks like it applies to this thug. And Hernandez is clearly a street thug through and through.

Whats really crazy is when you look back at a U of Florida offense that produced an accused murderer in Hernandez...the "Free Hernandez" hat-wearing Pouncey twins....the "N"-bomb hurling WR in Riley Cooper....and born-again Christian Tim Tebow.

Basically all the makings of a locker room trainwreck or a very whacky reality show.

Kudos to HC Urban Meyer for winning a National Championship with such a strange assemblage.

He'll walk..........the green mile

Does this mean that Mr. Hernandez will have a mouse perform tricks with a tiny wheel barrel is his cell too? "Green Mile" movie joke. Or will the big cheese get squashed? 

I do wonder if Aaron will get life imprisonment or ride the lightning in the end for murder? Lethal injection isn't as peaceful as it sounds given that penitentiaries concoction for deadly liquid now is in scarce supply since fewer & fewer companies manufacture/ sell the original formula in the US anymore. 

Translation: If Hernandez is convicted & chooses lethal injection, his passing could be a gruesome & very unpleasant one in the end. It used to be as calm as falling asleep & not waking up as your heart stops beating. Not anymore I'm afraid. 

I would imagine he will take a deal, not face the death penalty, & remain locked up for quite some time. I always remember line in "The Shawshank Redemption" movie though: "I wish I could tell you that Andy fought them off & that the sisters [same sex prisoners] let him be but prison is no fairytale world." 

Given Aaron's troubled past, he might find comfort behind bars though so who knows right? 

Does this mean that Mr. Hernandez will have a mouse perform tricks with a tiny wheel barrel is his cell too? "Green Mile" movie joke. Or will the big cheese get squashed? 

I do wonder if Aaron will get life imprisonment or ride the lightning in the end for murder? Lethal injection isn't as peaceful as it sounds given that penitentiaries concoction for deadly liquid now  is in scarce supply since fewer &fewer companies manufacture/ sell the original formula in the US anymore. 

I don't think MA has the death penalty.

Defies logic....doesn't it SW1?

I guess the old saying "money doesn't build character, it reveals character" looks like it applies to this thug.

Bingo PAC56! Well stated my friend. I rarely quote Deion Sanders but he's right when he said something to the effect that money, serious money, makes you more of who & what you are.

If you are selfish, you flaunt it like a status symbol; if you are kind, you help out family, friends, & those less fortunate than you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Money buys freedom in this country, literally. Justice is the whim of a judge. He might not walk free, but, I doubt he gets some real serious hard time. The longer this trial goes, the better chance he has of a lesser sentence. He's got a hell of a legal team considering how damning some of the evidence is. It's like George Zimmerman all over again except this time it's worse.

southwest1, on 18 Feb 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

Most people would be a model citizen with an employer who placed that much faith in them. I'm still dumbfounded & flabbergasted by this tragedy even today. 

Sociopaths don't care about money

Sociopaths don't care about money

That's a possibility I guess. Maybe Hernandez had no sense of right & wrong or he became too consumed with a desire for instant gratification through violence knowing he was the cause of it regarding the alleged murder 

You are probably right about that LHOC. 

Money buys freedom in this country, literally. Justice is the whim of a judge. He might not walk free, but, I doubt he gets some real serious hard time. The longer this trial goes, the better chance he has of a lesser sentence. He's got a hell of a legal team considering how damning some of the evidence is. It's like George Zimmerman all over again except this time it's worse.

In this case the money will run out before his next trial. IMO he will not walk on this. This trial is not being held in Cal. There is not the pressure of racial recoil like the OJ trial. It seems like Cal. has their own sense of justice that don't coincide with the rest of the country.

First off, money doesn't get you out of a murder conviction when your prints and DNA are all over the crime scene.

Second, this is absolutely nothing like the Zimmermann case

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as a hung jury. There seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Murder convictions based on circumstantial evidence happen sometimes. I think the key might be just what you said -- there's a LOT of it. With each piece of circumstantial evidence, his reasonable doubt shrinks just a little bit more. Add up enough evidence, and for some, there's no reasonable doubt left.

I haven't been following this trial or case, but it seems like ever since the trial started, there's been more bad news for his defense every day. More evidence being admitted (like the texts, which had previously been barred from admission), more damning testimony, etc. I guess that's what it's supposed to look like when the case is being presented. We'll see what happens when the defense gets started.