COLTS449

Will Aaron Hernandez walk???  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will Aaron Hernandez Walk

• Yes
    • No

I'm not as sure as you are.

Seriously?

Ray Rice may struggle to play again and he punched his girlfriend.

Whether found guilty or not in this trial,  Hernandez is believed to have been involved in at least three murders.

Which team is going to sign him and try and sell THAT to a locker-room and fan base?!?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

Whether found guilty or not in this trial, Hernandez is believed to have been involved in at least three murders.

Which team is going to sign him and try and sell THAT to a locker-room and fan base?!?

Rice would have a deal right now if he wasn't a running back that had shown signs of being done.

I'm not saying he will be back, but I wouldn't be surprised as he's still going with a nice skill set.

With Rice, teams aren't sure if he'd help on the field. Different situations.

Rice would have a deal right now if he wasn't a running back that had shown signs of being done.

I'm not saying he will be back, but I wouldn't be surprised as he's still going with a nice skill set.

With Rice, teams aren't sure if he'd help on the field. Different situations.

The NFL just completed the worst season in it's history.

They mismanaged every single major incident.     They took a non-stop PR hit all season long.

Domestic violence issues are front and center.

I think the odds of any team even considering Aaron Hernandez are less than zero.

What would happen if ANOTHER murder charge surfaced against him?

It will never happen.

What's everyone's opinion on this. I think there's actually a chance he walks myself. Seems like there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, in fact the whole case is circumstantial with no motive IMO. What I'm wondering is this, wasn't he also indicted on that double homicide in Boston last year while he was in jail? Seems like I remember that he was. So even if he beats this charge, he still has to face the other one.

He's up for two different murders and folks are ratting on him...

The only 'walking' he'll be doing is in the prison basketball league

The NFL just completed the worst season in it's history.

They mismanaged every single major incident. They took a non-stop PR hit all season long.

Domestic violence issues are front and center.

I think the odds of any team even considering Aaron Hernandez are less than zero.

What would happen if ANOTHER murder charge surfaced against him?

It will never happen.

The NFL can't control a single, desperate team. If he's found not guilty, someone tries to sign him and they attempt to stop it, they'll be sued.

The NFL can't control a single, desperate team. If he's found not guilty, someone tries to sign him and they attempt to stop it, they'll be sued.

I'm not talking about the NFL stopping a team.

I'm simply saying no team is dumb enough to do this.

This would be like inviting OJ Simpson to give a pre-game pep talk.

It's not going to happen.

Ray Lewis, Jayson Williams. . . 

Roughly 15 years ago.     Ancient history.

Oh,  and another thought....    the new NFL-CBA says a player does NOT have to be found guilty in a trial in order for the league to be able to apply its own penalty.

So, if a team would want to bring Hernandez back,  the NFL can -- and I expect would -- suspend him for his off the field behavior. 

Seriously?

Whether found guilty or not in this trial,  Hernandez is believed to have been involved in at least three murders.

It would be much much harder to sell that to a locker room then it would a fan base really, Sure you will have fans not happy for a while...But the minute he started to do well and show his talent on the field those booz and harsh words would slowly die down.....The large majority of sports fans are fickle and easy

It would be much much harder to sell that to a locker room then it would a fan base really, Sure you will have fans not happy for a while...But the minute he started to do well and show his talent on the field those booz and harsh words would slowly die down.....The large majority of sports fans are fickle and easy

Not when it comes to MURDER they're not.

No.    I'm not.    I'm seriously not.

And the fact that you think this is funny I find really, really disturbing.         :facepalm:

Whats disturbing is your speaking for millions of fans....Most of which have one opinion of a player and the next minute they have the exact opposite opinion of him when he makes a bad play.....He goes from great to awful in 1 play.....Fickle, Funny? Yes the fickleness of the average fan is funny....and disturbing at the same time. OJ Simpson is still celebrated by many today despite weaseling his way through a murder trial, He even continued to make money off of autographs well after that before his most recent run in with the law...Again fickle fans....putting fame and fortune of a player over murder, Fans forgive and sweep it under the rug if you play well or played at a high level in the past sometimes.

I don't find Hernandez murder trial at all funny, Quite awful actually, I hope the truth comes out and if convincted he goes away for a long long long time, I just wont be surprised if somehow he is not convicted that it gets swept under the rug despite what sounds like overwhelming evidence against him and he finds a way to make back the money that he lost off of his fans (I guarantee you he still has some)

I think he believes the team will sue the NFL for the right to let Hernandez play. Only if he signed with a team and then NFL ban him

Well, uhh, I don't believe a team has ever sued the league in behalf of a player. I'm pretty sure that if anyone tried to sue the NFL in this situation, it would be Hernandez and the NFLPA. I assumed that's what the other poster meant. 

Even in that case, I don't see any grounds. Unless the person is being discriminated against, the NFL has a collectively bargained right (and a general employer / trade association right) to refuse employment to a person who is deemed to be of questionable character. Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't see why or how anyone would try to sue the league for suspending Aaron Hernandez. 

End of the day, I think it's all moot. I personally think he's getting sent up the river.

Whats disturbing is your speaking for millions of fans....Most of which have one opinion of a player and the next minute they have the exact opposite opinion of him when he makes a bad play.....He goes from great to awful in 1 play.....Fickle, Funny? Yes the fickleness of the average fan is funny....and disturbing at the same time. OJ Simpson is still celebrated by many today despite weaseling his way through a murder trial, He even continued to make money off of autographs well after that before his most recent run in with the law...Again fickle fans....putting fame and fortune of a player over murder, Fans forgive and sweep it under the rug if you play well or played at a high level in the past sometimes.

I don't find Hernandez murder trial at all funny, Quite awful actually, I hope the truth comes out and if convincted he goes away for a long long long time, I just wont be surprised if somehow he is not convicted that it gets swept under the rug despite what sounds like overwhelming evidence against him and he finds a way to make back the money that he lost off of his fans (I guarantee you he still has some)

You're the one speaking for millions of fans.

You're the one presuming that millions would welcome back a man widely believed of multiple counts of murder just so their favorite football team could get a good player.

I think your view is far more cynical and far more disturbing.

But if you want to argue that,  go right ahead.   But I'm done with this.    This is beyond nauseating.

You're the one speaking for millions of fans.

You're the one presuming that millions would welcome back a man widely believed of multiple counts of murder just so their favorite football team could get a good player.

I think your view is far more cynical and far more disturbing.

But if you want to argue that,  go right ahead.   But I'm done with this.    This is beyond nauseating.

No Im not speaking for any fans, What I stated about many average fan is simple fact, A large majority are fickle, you stated "Not when it comes to MURDER they're not."

That is in fact speaking for millions of fans.......When the overwhelming proof that a vast majority of fans is in fact fickle, you really don't have to look far to see it or look at all, It finds you, It finds all fans of sports teams, Its a fact of being a fan of a team, you will see fickle fans of every team, every sport

No Im not speaking for any fans, What I stated about many average fan is simple fact, A large majority are fickle, you stated "Not when it comes to MURDER they're not."

That is in fact speaking for millions of fans.......When the overwhelming proof that a vast majority of fans is in fact fickle, you really don't have to look far to see it or look at all, It finds you, It finds all fans of sports teams, Its a fact of being a fan of a team, you will see fickle fans of every team, every sport

There's a HUGE difference between being a fickle fan and being willing to accept a murderer back especially in the current climate.

The gap is so huge that we're talking about one side of the grand canyon to the other.    I don't know why you don't see this,  but clearly you don't.

You're making a gigantic leap of faith based on little more than your opinion.

My view gives fans credit,  gives them respect,  gives them the benefit of the doubt.    Your view is cynical, small minded and insulting to fans. 

I know which side of the issue I'd rather be on......

There's a HUGE difference between being a fickle fan and being willing to accept a murderer back especially in the current climate.

The gap is so huge that we're talking about one side of the grand canyon to the other.    I don't know why you don't see this,  but clearly you don't.

My view gives fans credit,  gives them respect,  gives them the benefit of the doubt.    Your view is cynical, small minded and insulting to fans. 

The current climate ?   Is cold & rising :D

With a conviction you'r correct he is a murderer until then its just opinion  your view my view everyone's view .

If found innocent he would be equal to other players who have been charged .   Was'nt Ray Lewis charged with murder ?

Everyone knew Al Capone was guilty of murder they could only convict him of tax evasion . 

The gap is so huge that we're talking about one side of the grand canyon to the other. I don't know why you don't see this, but clearly you don't.

My view gives fans credit, gives them respect, gives them the benefit of the doubt. Your view is cynical, small minded and insulting to fans.

And you've convicted him yourself without knowing the details.

I don't think he walks, but I also don't think he gets 1/2 of what anybody else would get.

I don't think the (first) OJ case is comparable for reasons that would just get my account suspended again.

If he Is found guilty of first degree murder, multiple first degree murders, he will never get out of prison. It doesn't matter how much money you have. First degree murder you don't get out in half the time

Why does everybody think it's going to be an all or nothing verdict? There are different degrees of murder, manslaughter and criminal homicide and people have walked in the event of more than 1 of those when they clearly didn't deserve to.

Clearly you haven't been following the events in the trial

it has nothing to do with public opinion. It has to do with the mountain of evidence against him

It seems you have followed the trial. I haven't. Why is it that some people believe he will walk if there is a mountain of evidence? Is it only circumstantial evidence? Do you think he will be acquitted?

It seems you have followed the trial. I haven't. Why is it that some people believe he will walk if there is a mountain of evidence? Is it only circumstantial evidence? Do you think he will be acquitted?

no I don't think he will be acquitted

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12432537&city=boston&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fforums.colts.com%2Ftopic%2F35908-will-aaron-hernandez-walk%2F%22%7D

And you've convicted him yourself without knowing the details.

I'm simply talking about the Court of Public Opinion.

People here have objected to the idea of Ray Rice,  Adrian Peterson,  Greg Hardy...    Heck,  lots of people didn't even want Michael Sam.

If Aaron Hernandez were to be signed the media firestorm would make all of those look like nothing.

No NFL team wants that type of headache.     Ever,  and especially not now in the current climate of the NFL.