Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Update... (Not the best news)

NewColtsFan

I have Faith in Mathis, he always fought through the adversity. 

I am not sure what adversity he has had to fight through.  

What he is now is an aging player coming off a major injury (with an apparent set back as well).  Players his age without the injury start a downward spiral in production.  

He hasn't been the same since he had back surgery

Well except this year when he got 12.5 sacks, A sign that he is healthy, He played 16 games, I'd honestly be surprised if they let him go, They wont be able to replace that production most likely in FA and the draft is a crap shoot

Colts need to plan to move on from both Mathis and Wayne. They are on the wrong side of Father Time and it's unlikely they will be the same coming off of these injuries. Cant bank on them recapturing past glory. We will need to upgrade. Appreciate what they have given us over the years but this team needs to continue to improve its roster.

Normally, I don't chuckle over current plays in a Colts uniform, but that was funny 21. Bravo! Are we talking glazed doughnuts or colored sprinkled ones?  :P Only teasing! 

And you still wouldn't be chuckling over a player in a Colts uniform because Landry was already cut, like a week ago...

This is why I'm saying we need to add a star OLB. If by some miracle Justin Houston reaches the open market, we'd be stupid not to go after him. Other than him we could look at guys like Orakpo, Worilds, JPP, and Hardy (I think he can stand up personally). Another possibility is Aldon Smith. If the 49ers really want to trade him, we better be trying to land him.

Orakpo on the 1year audition contract we've given players like

Bradshaw

Nicks

DHB

And then send a 4th & Werner to the 49ers for Aldon. Maybe a 3rd cause the kid is talented..... Just dumb

Can never have too many passrushers, need all the help we can get on the front 7