Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw cited for pot possession

MTC

You have a totally unrealistic view of the world.

No I don't. They're professional athletes. They shouldn't be smoking weed.

I'm sure JJ Watt smokes weed, right? He is the idealistic NFL player right now. More should try to act like him not like the thugs a lot of them act like.

Breaking NFL rules hurts your team. It's selfish and nobody should accept it as "that's the way it is." Bradshaw isn't a superstar he's expendable. Almost every NFL player is. Hold then accountable like in the real world.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With him ending the season on IR 2 straight years and Bradshaw just getting in trouble for marijuana, you almost have to move on.  I would say Boom is good enough to be the #1 (no huge need to draft a RB high or sign a high$ FA).  Most people don't like it but, *IF* Trent can get his game together I think we should throw money @OL and I believe Boom, Trent and Ballard or Tipton could do a satisfactory job (given good blocking upfront.  Something our RB haven't had for A LONG  time). 

If this is true.. . this just goes back to a THEME I brought up mid season with this team as far as penalties, and drops, and all the other "discipline" issues...

NO ACCOUNTABILITY ON THIS THIS TEAM... NOT ANY, NO PRESSURE FROM A COACH TO CATCH THE BALL, PLAY DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL, OR JUST ACT RIGHT..... OR ELSE...

NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO ACT RIGHT OFF THE FIELD BECAUSE THE COACH HAS YOUR BACK.

THIS has got to end... NOW.. Chuck is running a clown show. on the field and off.. How is this team expected to beat NE when so many cannot stay out of trouble and do the basic things in life to succeed?

This is just bad... I am so disappointed in AB... WELL...

Melvin Gordin... go get him.

This may be the dumbest thing you've ever posted

A roster full if thugs and criminals? I hope that was sarcasm

I'd say 50/50 sarcasm, although the thugs are "weed"ing themselves out over the past year or so.  These guys are professionals, that DEMANDS a certain decorum.  Getting busted for pot, beating up pizza delivery guys, rape, etc. is not acceptable, ever.

I'd say 50/50 sarcasm, although the thugs are "weed"ing themselves out over the past year or so. These guys are professionals, that DEMANDS a certain decorum. Getting busted for pot, beating up pizza delivery guys, rape, etc. is not acceptable, ever.

I agree with all of that, but to say our entire roster outside of luck are thugs is ridiculous

Perhaps a slight exaggeration, I agree....Unfortunately it's the bad apples that get all the press.

The NFL is filled with a lot of entitled athletes that were babied through high school and college. Tutors took their tests. They majored in general education.

That's how the system works and it's showing once they get into the real world.

I'd say 50/50 sarcasm, although the thugs are "weed"ing themselves out over the past year or so.  These guys are professionals, that DEMANDS a certain decorum.  Getting busted for pot, beating up pizza delivery guys, rape, etc. is not acceptable, ever.

Yeah!

Except no one really cares. We just want to be entertained and root for our favorite team.

Can you give me a list of all the laws you think it's ok to break. I want to get a sense of your moral character.

You, or your relative, or friends have probably all broken this one voluntarily if they were around during the 1960s - Jim Crow Laws.

Or you knowingly and routinely drive 5 mph over the speed limit.

Yeah, that's fine. I'd just like to point out that he was cited for possession, not DUI/DWI. If they were smoking, he'd have been charged with using, and probably arrested.

So again, I think it's unlikely -- I'll stop short of saying impossible, although I can't see how it could happen -- that a state trooper smelled unsmoked weed in moving car, from another car.

Yeah I agree with that I haven't read any reports or anything but I'm curious to know of the circumstances. In this instance the officer seemed to smell something after pulling him over from a traffic violation so it would kind of make sense, even if he just had it in the car it could stink up the place let alone if he smoked in the car. None the less these players need to be smarter, they know the authorities, let alone the league doesn't want them smoking so if they do they need to be smarter about it if infact they do need to smoke.

Its actually pretty hard to be cited or arrested in general unless one is doing something stupid.

No I don't. They're professional athletes. They shouldn't be smoking weed.

You most definitely have an unrealistic view of the world when what someone does on their personal time is such big deal to you. The majority of the US no longer cares about outdated marijuana laws. You are now in an ever increasing minority with your antiquated opinion. Even the NFL doesn't really care, they are just biding their time until they can treat it the same as alcohol.

Why should they not smoke weed? Because your morals say so? And don't say because it's against the rules/law ... some level of rules and laws get broken by everyone working for every company.  This is minor as far as both rules and laws go; its was a simple citation (like a speeding ticket) .. not driving under the influence etc. 

I'm sure JJ Watt smokes weed, right? He is the idealistic NFL player right now. More should try to act like him not like the thugs a lot of them act like.

Are you sure you aren't the one smoking weed ... forgetting your previous arguments?

In case you forgot here is what you said ....

"Tell that to the players sucking the oxygen on the sideline. A lot of players are way out of shape. 

Too many RB's can't play the down after a 20+ yard run. 

Maybe these are the guys smoking weed?"

To which I replied ....

"Using oxygen on the sideline has nothing to do with smoking weed, neither does being out of shape.  JJ Watt uses oxygen at times and he is not in bad shape; and if I were guessing I would put him the minority of players who probably is not smoking weed (though there is no way to know for sure)

So basically this part of your rant is meaningless and has nothing to do with anything."

... Now you want to use "oxygen sucking", "out of shape", "possibly smoking weed" JJ Watt as who others should emulate???

Which is it? Can't have it both ways? One would think someone free from the grasp of the of the "evils of weed" would be clear headed enough to keep their points straight.  :scratch:

Breaking NFL rules hurts your team. It's selfish and nobody should accept it as "that's the way it is." Almost every NFL player is.

Depends on which rules are broken, and if/how the player is penalized whether it hurts the team.  Why is it selfish for someone to manage their life and career the way they see fit?  The NFL is a business and could make it nearly impossible for players to smoke weed  ... IF they truly thought it was a big deal.

Bradshaw isn't a superstar he's expendable.

Exactly, he is an UFA who there is a very good chance was not going to be re-signed.  So he is really not beholden to anyone which makes the citation and your outrage even more meaningless. 

Hold then accountable like in the real world.

You mean in the real world where most people would not get in trouble/fired from their employers for doing a lot of the same things many NFL players are doing, or the real world where a person's career isn't effected by a citation because it wasn't in the national news ... that "real world"???

I am calling this conversation quits, it's going nowhere; the soapbox you are standing on is so high you can't even see the "real world".

You most definitely have an unrealistic view of the world when what someone does on their personal time is such big deal to you. The majority of the US no longer cares about outdated marijuana laws. You are now in an ever increasing minority with your antiquated opinion. Even the NFL doesn't really care, they are just biding their time until they can treat it the same as alcohol.

Why should they not smoke weed? Because your morals say so? And don't say because it's against the rules/law ... some level of rules and laws get broken by everyone working for every company. This is minor as far as both rules and laws go; its was a simple citation (like a speeding ticket) .. not driving under the influence etc.

Are you sure you aren't the one smoking weed ... forgetting your previous arguments?

In case you forgot here is what you said ....

"Tell that to the players sucking the oxygen on the sideline. A lot of players are way out of shape.

Too many RB's can't play the down after a 20+ yard run.

Maybe these are the guys smoking weed?"

To which I replied ....

"Using oxygen on the sideline has nothing to do with smoking weed, neither does being out of shape. JJ Watt uses oxygen at times and he is not in bad shape; and if I were guessing I would put him the minority of players who probably is not smoking weed (though there is no way to know for sure)

So basically this part of your rant is meaningless and has nothing to do with anything."

... Now you want to use "oxygen sucking", "out of shape", "possibly smoking weed" JJ Watt as who others should emulate???

Which is it? Can't have it both ways? One would think someone free from the grasp of the of the "evils of weed" would be clear headed enough to keep their points straight. :scratch:

Depends on which rules are broken, and if/how the player is penalized whether it hurts the team. Why is it selfish for someone to manage their life and career the way they see fit? The NFL is a business and could make it nearly impossible for players to smoke weed ... IF they truly thought it was a big deal.

Exactly, he is an UFA who there is a very good chance was not going to be re-signed. So he is really not beholden to anyone which makes the citation and your outrage even more meaningless.

You mean in the real world where most people would not get in trouble/fired from their employers for doing a lot of the same things many NFL players are doing, or the real world where a person's career isn't effected by a citation because it wasn't in the national news ... that "real world"???

I am calling this conversation quits, it's going nowhere; the soapbox you are standing on is so high you can't even see the "real world".

I never said I was against pot use. I said Bradshaw was an * for what he did. It directly affects his career. He's stupid for putting himself in that situation.

Josh Gordon is stupid for practically ruining his career because he can't abide by the NFL's rules. He doesn't have enough discipline to not smoke weed while being in the NFL.

A lot of these guys were babied through high school and college. I know. I was a Big Ten athlete (non football). They think they're God's greatest gift to the world because no one had told them differently. They rarely went to class, rarely took exams, and never took finals.

They spend 4 hours in the weight room standing around most of the time and 5 hours on the field mostly standing around.

Then they're thrown all this money and don't know what to do with it. They have no discipline. They're only there because they won the genetic lottery.

Now not every football player is like that and those are the ideal NFL players. Those are the ones who actually had to put in the extra work and go above and beyond to get there. You don't see them taking their situation for granted. They don't want to lose the great life they worked for or cut it short for doing something as minimal as smoking weed.

And going back to Watt, he's pass rushing almost every play and you rarely see him on oxygen.

I was talking about the running backs who run 20 yards and have to immediately go out. It's embarrassing.

Have you been to training camp? Back in Peyton's days he'd have guys run sprints at the end of the session. Peyton would win most of them.

It's the loose "atmosphere" that coach Chuck Strong is promoting.   

It is NOT working.     Chuck feels like he "OWES" so many because of the whole cancer thing.     Time to put it to bed and and be an NFL coach . .     Friends get you fired.        Fast.  

I'm getting way off topic here, but you know who else Tevin Coleman reminds me of?  He also reminds me of Robert Smith who used to play running back for the Minnesota Vikings when they had Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham, and Chris Carter all at once.  I remember he was a track sprinter as well.  Tevin Coleman also has sprinter speed, I read somewhere that he runs a 10.6 in the 100 meters.   

Yeah I agree with that I haven't read any reports or anything but I'm curious to know of the circumstances. In this instance the officer seemed to smell something after pulling him over from a traffic violation so it would kind of make sense, even if he just had it in the car it could stink up the place let alone if he smoked in the car. None the less these players need to be smarter, they know the authorities, let alone the league doesn't want them smoking so if they do they need to be smarter about it if infact they do need to smoke.

Its actually pretty hard to be cited or arrested in general unless one is doing something stupid.

He was cited for following too closely. I said I think that's a weak reason to pull someone over, and it made me wonder if there was a legitimate reason to pull him over.

Once pulled over, absolutely, smelling something makes sense. 

Also, I'm not making excuses for someone who evidently did something stupid (assuming Bradshaw actually was in possession). I'm just saying I don't think it's that big of a deal.

He was cited for following too closely. I said I think that's a weak reason to pull someone over, and it made me wonder if there was a legitimate reason to pull him over.

Once pulled over, absolutely, smelling something makes sense.

Also, I'm not making excuses for someone who evidently did something stupid (assuming Bradshaw actually was in possession). I'm just saying I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Yeah I agree, petty indeed it just seems like us fans can't stop hearing about problems with Colts players, meh!!!!

What an *. You get paid millions of dollars to make easy sacrifices.

I just lost a lot of respect for him.

Quit defending him. He messed up big time.

He messed up big time?really?I must have missed the part where he killed someone.I didnt read that in any article.He smoked a little bit of weed on a day off.Big deal.

You, or your relative, or friends have probably all broken this one voluntarily if they were around during the 1960s - Jim Crow Laws.

Or you knowingly and routinely drive 5 mph over the speed limit.

Actually, you would be wrong. I do my best not to because as a kid starting out driving I got tickets for that.

Only thing I am disappointed in is he is not smart enough to just go send his friends to go get it and bring it back.  What is a posse good for if you are not going to use them? 

He is definitely good player so if he does not get suspended and is cheap I will gladly have him back on this team.  

Not going to get upset because a guy likes to enjoy some weed.  

Goodness...

First, a citation is not an arrest. According to the story, his passenger was arrested, he was not.

Second, take a chill pill. Chuck Pagano isn't in charge of how players live their lives. This isn't his fault.

Third, I honestly don't know if I could care less about this. Some (or maybe just one) of you are acting like he killed somebody.

I find it strange the NFL even continues to test for weed considering it is being legalized in so many states. Don't get me wrong I find it terribly hypocritical we continue to legalize pot and say it isn't so bad to smoke but we have now come to condemn cigarettes/tobacco. I don't smoke but I don't get that mentality. I know it's about taxes but still lets demonize tobacco and make it a mission to eliminate it but ignore weeds problems and how it effects the brain and lungs. Yet to see a truth commercial on that.... Guess it just in vogue.

Anyways I don't think this will change any opinions on us bring him back if we were going to begin with. I mean nothing happened to Blount and bell last year when they got busted.

I find it strange the NFL even continues to test for weed considering it is being legalized in so many states. Don't get me wrong I find it terribly hypocritical we continue to legalize pot and say it isn't so bad to smoke but we have now come to condemn cigarettes/tobacco. I don't smoke but I don't get that mentality. I know it's about taxes but still lets demonize tobacco and make it a mission to eliminate it but ignore weeds problems and how it effects the brain and lungs. Yet to see a truth commercial on that.... Guess it just in vogue.

Anyways I don't think this will change any opinions on us bring him back if we were going to begin with. I mean nothing happened to Blount and bell last year when they got busted.

I agree with most of your post, however pot has only been legalized for recreational use in 3 states.  Or were you including the medical marijuana states too?

Also, those of you arguing about the effect the smoke has on Bradshaw's lungs are dangerously close to jumping the shark. Michael Phelps has like 400 Olympic gold medals in one of the most cardiovascular intense sports despite smoking pot.

Now, if they catch Bradshaw firing up some Newport's I'll be concerned.

This is only an issue because he got caught. That's the only reason any of us have to care about this.

Also, those of you arguing about the effect the smoke has on Bradshaw's lungs are dangerously close to jumping the shark. Michael Phelps has like 400 Olympic gold medals in one of the most cardiovascular intense sports despite smoking pot.

Now, if they catch Bradshaw firing up some Newport's I'll be concerned.

This is only an issue because he got caught. That's the only reason any of us have to care about this.

And it sure as hell explains Phelp's 12,000 calorie a day training diet!  :lol: