Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen

bestQBever

I'd like to see him for one play, some kind of trick play where he gets in motion maybe for a lateral pitch or pass and then throws back across the field to a wide open Andrew who runs like the wind.....

Hey BB did say you have to consider Andrew like a 6th receiver so here's hoping he forgets to do that.

I would not be surprised to see him on the field tomorrow in offensive snaps.

I guess it just depends on how Wayne is.

OR...perhaps Griff will be such a deep threat to NE they put their best cover corner on him and we use Griff as a decoy (haha). Coulda signed Randy Moss for that right ?

but I'd rather have Whalen in the game than Wayne.

Griff can only play the slot he isn't lining up on the outside especially ahead of Nicks or Moncrief maybe to give TY a breather. I think his chances of being active were greatly increased with the three stooges missing planes, staying home and raping women.

Cribbs is doing the returning. Unless our plan is to attack underneath with the short passing game that would play right into what Griff does but still ahead of Moncrief or Nicks pretty tough to see without an injury. Nicks has been coming on and Moncrief is played well just don't see how you justify taking snaps away from those guys. Then we go with Fleener and Allen a lot as well. There is just a lot of better talent for him to jump to get on the field. Time will tell.

Griff can only play the slot he isn't lining up on the outside especially ahead of Nicks or Moncrief maybe to give TY a breather. I think his chances of being active were greatly increased with the three stooges missing planes, staying home and raping women.

Cribbs is doing the returning. Unless our plan is to attack underneath with the short passing game that would play right into what Griff does but still ahead of Moncrief or Nicks pretty tough to see without an injury. Nicks has been coming on and Moncrief is played well just don't see how you justify taking snaps away from those guys. Then we go with Fleener and Allen a lot as well. There is just a lot of better talent for him to jump to get on the field. Time will tell.

who would you rather have on the field, Whalen or Wayne?

Logic says you want the player on the field that's not playing injured who can produce(Whalen), But it wont come down to that so it don't matter

yeah, I understand that. I just think Whalen would be the better option over Wayne. Wayne is my favorite colt of all time. More so than Manning, but he has been as effective in the passing game as T rich is in the running game.

Logic says you want the player on the field that's not playing injured who can produce(Whalen), But it wont come down to that so it don't matter

I think it does matter. Everyone knows Wayne is playing injured and isn't very effective. 

I'd rather have Whalen out there right now.

who would you rather have on the field, Whalen or Wayne?

If Reggie is still struggling than Whalen but that is not the choice it is Moncrief Nicks TY Fleener Allen we have even ran Boom out of the slot or Whalen. I am just saying there are a lot of more talented players for him to jump over to get on the field. Players that have been active and a part of the game plan for the weeks.

I am not saying it won't happen I just don't see it unless there is an injury if he is active.

yeah, I understand that. I just think Whalen would be the better option over Wayne. Wayne is my favorite colt of all time. More so than Manning, but he has been as effective in the passing game as T rich is in the running game.

you would rather have Whalen over Moncrief Nicks Fleener or Allen? I am all for someone getting Reggie's snaps if we are getting what we have seen the last few weeks but I think those snaps should go to Nicks. He can play on the outside, he has started to build some chemistry with Luck and it keeps TY in the slot.

Have you ever seen Griff line up outside?

you would rather have Whalen over Moncrief Nicks Fleener or Allen? I am all for someone getting Reggie's snaps if we are getting what we have seen the last few weeks but I think those snaps should go to Nicks. He can play on the outside, he has started to build some chemistry with Luck and it keeps TY in the slot.

Have you ever seen Griff line up outside?

you are absolutely right. That's why I'm even questioning if Whalen will have snaps. Hilton, Nicks and Crief are 1,2 and 3. Whalen should be #4. But I know that most likely won't happen cuz Reg is most likely in his last year and it would be disrespectful to do that to him.

you are absolutely right. That's why I'm even questioning if Whalen will have snaps. Hilton, Nicks and Crief are 1,2 and 3. Whalen should be #4. But I know that most likely won't happen cuz Reg is most likely in his last year and it would be disrespectful to do that to him.

Hasn't Reggie pretty much said he'll be back?

Griff doesn't deserve to carry Reggie's jock when you consider his contributions to the Colts and to the NFL. Reggie has earned the right to play in this game. Any suggestion otherwise, reeks of disrespect. I would predict that if asked, every teammate would agree ...to a man.

I think there are many simply wrong answers in this thread.

1) I highly doubt he is active today to start.

2) There seems a sentiment that people would rather have Whalen in over Reggie and that is lost on me, even in his diminished, injured capacity Wayne to me is still the better option.

3) The larger question revolves around the Colts going 4 wides which is the only way this is even a decision to be made and I doubt they do that at all.  In three wides, Nicks, TY and Moncrief will be the most likely line up.

4) See point # 1

He should. When they start putting Revis on Wayne, it would make sense to put him in since they won't pay as much attention to him. He's got a better chance at making plays than Reggie tbh.

The way Reggie has been playing lately(with injuries) I don't think they waste Revis on Reggie. I'm hoping Revis is on TY, I don't think anyone can cover him one on one all day and shut him down.

Griff doesn't deserve to carry Reggie's jock when you consider his contributions to the Colts and to the NFL. Reggie has earned the right to play in this game. Any suggestion otherwise, reeks of disrespect. I would predict that if asked, every teammate would agree ...to a man.

he is injured and not performing at all! players understand winning and losing. players contributing help you win, players not contributing help you lose. siting him because he is hurt isn't disrespecting him at all! he is hurting the team playing injured.