Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Bust?

RockThatBlue

I really have no idea what to expect this weekend. It will be interesting to see what Johnny does, not to mention there are other  storylines this weekend.

I would normally give the edge to Cleveland since they are at home, and they beat the Bengals earlier in the season 24-3.

I think the Browns may take this one, but I am pulling for Cincinnati, and our hometown boy Nugent (kicker) who sadly lost his father unexpectedly on Monday.   He was laid to rest this morning.    

Kick the winning FG for your dad, Mike. 

I feel bad for Nugent, but if you are a Colts fan, you should be rooting for the Browns. If the Bengals win and we lose, they pass us up in the Playoff seedings. If by chance we face the Bengals in the AFC Championship, I want homefield advantage.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manziel is a better passer than Wilson...Wilson is a better runner.

Just how can you determine that?  Manziel has made a total of 8 passes in the NFL. What he done in collage really don't equate to the NFL. I have no clue in how he is going to turn out in the long run but only time will tell. If my memory serves me Ryan Leaf  threw better than Peyton Manning in collage, just saying.

I feel bad for Nugent, but if you are a Colts fan, you should be rooting for the Browns. If the Bengals win and we lose, they pass us up in the Playoff seedings. If by chance we face the Bengals in the AFC Championship, I want homefield advantage.

It's times like these that remind us there are definitely things more important than football.  The Nugent family are pillars of our community, and Dan's sudden untimely and unexpected death has rocked the world of many people here.  I realize for those outside of my hometown it may mean nothing, but I have the utmost respect for this family and feel great empathy for what they have been going through this week.

Now as to the bolded above   If I am a Colts fan I should be rooting for the Colts to Win,  Not for someone else to win in case we lose.   If the Colts want to be contenders in the playoffs, they need only worry about themselves winning and getting the job done.

It's times like these that remind us there are definitely things more important than football.  The Nugent family are pillars of our community, and Dan's sudden untimely and unexpected death has rocked the world of many people here.  I realize for those outside of my hometown it may mean nothing, but I have the utmost respect for this family and feel great empathy for what they have been going through this week.

Now as to the bolded above   If I am a Colts fan I should be rooting for the Colts to Win,  Not for someone else to win in case we lose.   If the Colts want to be contenders in the playoffs, they need only worry about themselves winning and getting the job done.

This was a good response, I will say nothing more. I live in Colorado so I don't know the Nugent family. Whatever happens, happens. My prayers are with Mike Nugent.

Moose, he cant be this bad, can he?

I honestly don't know what people see in him. In college he was a better athlete than those trying to tackle him throwing to perhaps the best receiver in college football mike Evans who bailed him out time and time again. I rarely saw him read defenses and make adjustments. Rarely saw him hang in the pocket and make big throws. I saw a lot of flash but none that translated to the Nfl. I'd rather have teddy, Blake, Carr, mettlinburger, and even shaw before taking him. We know in the nfl that the game is played soo much faster and the only way to slow it down is between your ears....I've seen nothing from Johnny that suggests he wants to spend the time to develop that part of his game. He is slight of stature and a giant x on his head. I think he goes down in flames. Sure he will have some good Sundays here and there but I don't see a qb that has the skills to lead a team long term.

This experience "could" be the BEST thing to EVER happen to Johnny Football.      Nothing like getting humbled.       How he responds will tell the tale.....   

I can't stand the spoiled little brat but he owned it in his press conference..       That is a positive...

the NFL is not easy to win in.       

He brings all the hate on himself..      He is from a very Well OFF family.    He give the "IDGaF" attitude at all times.    That is a turn off to many.

but he really stood up in the presser.. .     I am actually impressed a little, at least he wore a suit and did not where his cap backwards.      That s a start...    LOL

In all fairness, it's his first start. I wouldn't write him off as Geno Smith level just yet.

What do you know. . . Johnny Football sucks at football.  10 of 18 for 80 yards and 2 Int's . . . 27.3 passer rating.  Nice work Johnny.

Yeah pretty bad but how about the fact that Cleveland had 53 yards on 17 rushed. So that would be 35 plays for 107 net yards. Ran 35 plays... did they have a mercy rule going on in this game. Never can recall a team running just 35 plays. I didn't count the ones in the kicking game.

He brings all the hate on himself..      He is from a very Well OFF family.    He give the "IDGaF" attitude at all times.    That is a turn off to many.

but he really stood up in the presser.. .     I am actually impressed a little, at least he wore a suit and did not where his cap backwards.      That s a start...    LOL

True....and he didn't have that "Tony Romo after 3 picks" catatonic demeanor either. That cocky part of his attitude will help him....for now.

Plus, even if he isn't playing the rookie card for himself...everyone else will for him.

So he gets a "lousy QB" hall pass for the balance of this season and then he needs to study his playbook and a ton of film, instead of Vegas stripper's :cuss: .

He probably ought to take a page out of Peyton Manning's off-season guide for dummies and workout A LOT with Josh Gordon and the rest of the Browns WRs/TEs as well. 

Sooner or later I still think he gets maimed though....and then, unfortunately, its curtains for Johnny and its back to the drawing board for the Browns.

He's not a bust yet but he needs an entire overhaul of how he plays the game..

one read throw...and then 'make something happen' worked against slower, weaker defenders..

He has the physical ability to be Russell Wilson but he's years behind RW as a QB. Years.

Your right his total mindset and work ethic must change if hes gonna be anything in this league.

So you are comparing Cleveland's running game and D to Seattle s?

C'mon man... 

He's not a bust yet but he needs an entire overhaul of how he plays the game..

one read throw...and then 'make something happen' worked against slower, weaker defenders..

He has the physical ability to be Russell Wilson but he's years behind RW as a QB. Years.

Being from the Cleveland, Ohio area I was ecstatic when the Browns got Johnny Manziel. But after his first start against Cinci, Browns fans are already panicking calling for Brian Hoyer to play or talking about what QB they will draft next. The madness within the factory of sadness has led me to fall back to hopefully following the good old colts a little closer. Yeah kind of a bandwagon fan, but you have to start somewhere right?

I almost feel sorry for Manziel..

He suggested today (with his play) that he's just not ready to play in the NFL but he'll have to take a beating now because they aren't going back to Hoyer for meaning less play-out-the-string games.

I don't want to think he's as far away from winning as Geno Smith

I almost feel sorry for Manziel..

He suggested today (with his play) that he's just not ready to play in the NFL but he'll have to take a beating now because they aren't going back to Hoyer for meaning less play-out-the-string games.

I don't want to think he's as far away from winning as Geno Smith

At the very least he seemed to take responsibility in his press conference from what I saw.  He said he wasn't going to use the rookie excuse and he has to play better.  

So I'll give him that.

What you saw yesterday was Johnny Football. His performance wasn't any different than the stuff he did in college. He just finally realized what people like Maril Hodges saw, and that Johnny Football won't succeed in the NFL. The throws he made were the same thing he did in college but against inferior athletes so they went for TD's and big gains instead of picks. I don't know why some people are shocked. This is exactly who he is.

The bigger story is how upsetting it is to be a Browns fan. First, this is the worst coaching decision I've ever seen. Pettine basically threw in the towel on the season, even though they still had a shot at the playoffs. And the management is still a joke. First for drafting a guy who looks like an un-lockable character in a Backyard Football game, and then for creating this mess. Pettine was a bad hire from the start. They only hired him because no one else wanted to coach for them.