Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Jewel from Mike Wells

Narcosys

Like him or not he was right with his assesments in the article, Though I don't even think Bill had to go back and watch last years playoff game to be able to run the ball on us like they did. Probably just worked a lot on getting the O Line to be as well prepared as possible and spending more film time on the Colts offense and working on goal line plays. One of the Patriots players after the game said as much that they really worked hard all week on the run game

Not sure why he is our beat writer

All the guy is saying is that loss should make people stop saying this is an elite team. It was all over the media and fan bases that Indy had won 6 of 7 and had a great shot to be the number 1 seed. No doubt that's true . That said , what problem do you guys have with what he saying ?

All the guy is saying is that loss should make people stop saying this is an elite team. It was all over the media and fan bases that Indy had won 6 of 7 and had a great shot to be the number 1 seed. No doubt that's true . That said , what problem do you guys have with what he saying ?

The General negativity without suggesting any solutions

Nobody wants to hear the solutions.  If one has the audacity to suggest that we need a new coaching staff, he is drawn and quartered, but to me, we don't have the correct coaching staff in place to be successful.  Let the hangings begin....

I can understand you guys not liking him or his writing , but there's just nothing there that wasn't spot on. When you give up 199 yards and 4 TD's to Jonas Gray while your two guys rush for 4 yards on 14 carries , what do "you" suggest ?

I had no problem with the article.    None.

Fans don't like reading the "day after" story after their team gets blasted by the arch rival on national TV.  

His job is not to be a homer.     He didn't say anything that Bob Kravitz said...  and Kravitz was right too....

Very bad game on a big stage.....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that article and the level of delusion found on this forum is quite astounding.

Complaining that the article was negative? Did you watch the game? Do you remember watching the exact same game in the playoffs last year?

What kind of article were you expecting? I don't care if the guy has no football writing experience, someone who has been writing about the Colts for 40 years would have a hard job salvaging anything from last night.

And by the way, finding solutions isn't Mike Wells' job. There are a few guys in the front office and the coaching staff who get paid millions of dollars to find those solutions; and they're doing a hell of a job of it.

I really can't understand how someone could take issue with the premise of the article. I think Wells is pretty bad and I don't ever find any depth to his work (PK was much better when he covered the Colts as part of the AFC South). That said, what he wrote is the truth. I'm not a Pagano/coaching staff hater, but at some point the narrative has to turn into how the Colts struggle in big games under Pags.