Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that post is all based on wishful thinking.

You're basing this all on believing the Colts' D-line will over power the Pats' O line.  What makes you think they will?  The Pats' O-line might be the best in the NFL the last 5 games.  What makes you think the Colts will blitz heavy?  For all you know they could rush 4 guys consistently and load the down field with 5 to 6 DB's when they sense the Pats will pass.  And what makes you think the Colts' DB's won't be called for holding and pass interference since the NFL has turned into ticky tack league thanks to the Colts' former GM Bill Polian crying to the league after his teams were soft and couldn't handle real man's ball?

The Broncos' D-line is better than the Colts' D-line and the Broncos weren't able to get to Brady.  DeMarcus Ware was shut down in that game.  Name me a team that has gotten to Brady consistently the last 5 games?  

Also, Brady's foot work is the best it's been since the early 2000's.  Brady is better at avoiding the rush and sensing the pocket closing than ever before.  If the pocket closes in around Brady he escapes and makes the throw on the run.  Of course he's not a mobile QB but those extra quick steps he's added to his game makes all the difference in the world.  Brady has been putting in extra effort to improve his foot skills.  

The funny part of your post is talking about Brady "getting rattled."  Brady knows not to take big hits.  Unlike Luck who is consistently getting hammered, taken to the ground and running for his life which could shorten his career.  Luck has a better chance of getting injured in this game and most games than Brady does.  And there's good reason why Big Ben is always limping and hobbling around.

I'll bet you Luck will be running around much more than Brady will be, which means his WR's are covered and no one is open down field and his O-line isn't protecting him.

Pats have a down field threat in Tyms who smoked the Bills secondary in triple coverage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RB6FsZG0-E

The Colts don't have the depth in their secondary as the Pats do.  And your safety with the 24" inch biceps can't cover.  So PLEASE, PLEASE put Davis on Gronk and leave Lafell, Tyms, Wright, Edelman, Amendola and Dobson to toy with the rest.

It's unrealistic and not accurate to base this game on anything resembling the Chiefs/Pats game earlier in the year.  It's almost as if these are two completely different Pats' teams.

Lucas Oil Stadium is cavernous and sound doesn't stay as contained onto the field as the old RCA Dome.  So tell Jim Irsay's son or daughter to jack up the heat to 85 degrees and turn up the fake crowd noise over the speakers.

You need to understand the reason why the Colts don't have 4 to 5 loses now is due to their very easy schedule.

easy schedule the colts played the eagles broncos steelers ravens bengals all potential playoff teams who did the pats play vikings bills haha such a weak schedule the sad part is your whole team is a old 37 year old man carry a horrible team that has been getting worse since 2004

Yeah you kind of put your foot in your mouth with that schedule comment.  Pats haven't played anyone except for the Broncos.  Our strength of schedule has been much better than New England buddy.

Wow, that post is all based on wishful thinking.

You're basing this all on believing the Colts' D-line will over power the Pats' O line.  What makes you think they will?  The Pats' O-line might be the best in the NFL the last 5 games.  What makes you think the Colts will blitz heavy?  For all you know they could rush 4 guys consistently and load the down field with 5 to 6 DB's when they sense the Pats will pass.  And what makes you think the Colts' DB's won't be called for holding and pass interference since the NFL has turned into ticky tack league thanks to the Colts' former GM Bill Polian crying to the league after his teams were soft and couldn't handle real man's ball?

The Broncos' D-line is better than the Colts' D-line and the Broncos weren't able to get to Brady.  DeMarcus Ware was shut down in that game.  Name me a team that has gotten to Brady consistently the last 5 games?  

Also, Brady's foot work is the best it's been since the early 2000's.  Brady is better at avoiding the rush and sensing the pocket closing than ever before.  If the pocket closes in around Brady he escapes and makes the throw on the run.  Of course he's not a mobile QB but those extra quick steps he's added to his game makes all the difference in the world.  Brady has been putting in extra effort to improve his foot skills.  

The funny part of your post is talking about Brady "getting rattled."  Brady knows not to take big hits.  Unlike Luck who is consistently getting hammered, taken to the ground and running for his life which could shorten his career.  Luck has a better chance of getting injured in this game and most games than Brady does.  And there's good reason why Big Ben is always limping and hobbling around.

I'll bet you Luck will be running around much more than Brady will be, which means his WR's are covered and no one is open down field and his O-line isn't protecting him.

Pats have a down field threat in Tyms who smoked the Bills secondary in triple coverage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RB6FsZG0-E

The Colts don't have the depth in their secondary as the Pats do.  And your safety with the 24" inch biceps can't cover.  So PLEASE, PLEASE put Davis on Gronk and leave Lafell, Tyms, Wright, Edelman, Amendola and Dobson to toy with the rest.

It's unrealistic and not accurate to base this game on anything resembling the Chiefs/Pats game earlier in the year.  It's almost as if these are two completely different Pats' teams.

Lucas Oil Stadium is cavernous and sound doesn't stay as contained onto the field as the old RCA Dome.  So tell Jim Irsay's son or daughter to jack up the heat to 85 degrees and turn up the fake crowd noise over the speakers.

You need to understand the reason why the Colts don't have 4 to 5 loses now is due to their very easy schedule.

Yeah you kind of put your foot in your mouth with that schedule comment.  Pats haven't played anyone except for the Broncos.  Our strength of schedule has been much better than New England buddy.

He put his foot in his mouth multiple times during that post. Including the gem about how New England has a deep threat in Brian Tyms.... The Same Brian Tyms who has 1 catch for 40 yards on the season...

The Pitt game seems to happen to the Colts a few times a year. Last year it was the Rams and the Cards. I also think the in game coaching has been up and down. I think there is distinct advantage for the Pats in terms of coaching as there usually is with most teams they face.

I would take Denver's D over the Colts and the Pats shredded them.

Thats 1 game... 1!!!! Things change week in and week out. Just because you crush Denver's D in ONE game doesn't say or show anything for the Colts and their D and how you'll play against them. Gronk alone wont win you guys the game either. Its gonna be a close one.

One thing I kind of picked up on from that Broncos vs Patriots game.  If you just sit back trying to play a majority 4 man rush against the Patriots like the Broncos did you will be picked apart.  The interesting thing I took away from that game is the one interception that Brady threw is when the Broncos brought blitz pressure. Brady flinched while throwing in anticipation of the hit and he threw it right to a Broncos player.  

The difference between us and Denver is we don't play a whole lot of that majority 4 man rush Cover 2 stuff like Jack Del Rio likes to do.  We are going to give you multiple looks and throw the kitchen sink at you, which I think works best against Brady because you can't sit back and give him a clean pocket to throw in like the Broncos kept doing.  You have to make the guy believe he is about to get hit.  The Chiefs did that to him, The Jets did that to him. I even remember San Fran coming up to Foxborough and doing that to him in a blow out.  And of course I've seen the Ravens do that to him in close games and blowouts.  I could be wrong, but I believe we played him a little bit more passive in that playoff game because we weren't quite where we are right now in terms of being a good man coverage team.  Plus we had Mathis so we could afford to play a little more 4 man rush without the blitz.  Now we play a more similar style to the Jets and all those teams I mentioned above in my estimation.  You gotta make it rough for him to sit in the pocket.

Our dynasty and fourteen years of NFL domination happened to coincide with the rise of the internet and the advent of salt-in-the-wounds mega  trolling.

It's who we are.

I wear it with pride.

"Brady's better! Brady's better! Brady's better!"

It's who the Patriots are..."you" aren't part of that equation. It's troubling that you wear the accomplishments of others that have absolutely nothing to do with your existence with pride.

Davis gets so much disrespect by other teams lol. Talib is NOT better than Davis. So far in 2014-15 no corner in the entire league has been better than Davis. 

Davis is better statistically but Talib was a better match up for Gronk given Talib is strong and physical and Gronk just toyed with him. Remember Talib held Jimmy G. to zero catches last year because he was able to out-physical him. He was not able to do that vs Gronk and said as much as after the game. You can't put a CB on Gronk man up. I don't care who he is. You have to double him, bracket him, something that takes him off his routes ...

The only constant is Jack Del Rio and his schemes consistently failing vs Brady, no matter what personnel he has. To compound it, fax gate and Prater gate from Elway have progressively eroded the strength of that 2012 squad, which I felt was the best Broncos' front line in terms of pass rush but handicapped by Champ Bailey unfortunately.

The Broncos defense this year is MUCH better than 2012 in terms of the rush with Miller and Ware. The issue for them vs the Pats is that when they made their push from the edge, Brady just stepped up or moved outside the pocket. He has really worked on his foot work this off-season and it is really showing.

Second, the Broncos secondary is much better than 2012 because they added Talib and Ward and no Bailey. They were playing the best overall defense heading into last Sunday's game and they were torched. You can blame Del Rio if you want but he had great success vs Brady in the AFCCG last year but this Pats O is lethal and just keeps coming. They have had 3 blowouts in their last 5 games.

Like everybody else said it's primarily about Gronk.  I don't see anything else in that WR corps of the Pats that we don't have the better matchup.  I think we are fielding a stronger defense(compared to other colt teams) across the board than any of the two games we played in Foxborough.  Both of the games we played in Foxborough we didn't have Greg Toler, nor were we as deep across the D Line as we are now. I think we are a pinch better at linebacker than we used to be as well.  Not miles better, but it's still an upgrade over what we did have other than Mathis.

I think we'll cause that O line more problems than they are expecting. Especially if we start stuffing the run like I think we'll do. I think we'll blitz Brady more than people think because of our secondary.  As long as we get the double or whatever it is we do to slow Gronk I don't think we'll be afraid to bring the pressures because those receivers aren't that special. We bought the blitz against Peyton, Roethlisburger, and Flacco so I can't see us stopping just because of Brady to be honest

As far as our offense goes I think it will be different than last year.  Luck didn't have the receiver corps last year that we have this time around. Last year there was no Wayne, no Allen, no Moncrief, no Nicks. For that matter there was no Bradshaw who basically can be considered as another wide receiver depending on the situation. Still think we are better equipped to run the football in this matchup than we were last year. 

If we are really attempting to run the football, Bradshaw and Richardson are usually good for at least 130. We just haven't been running that much as of late because everybody is stacking the box forcing Luck to pass the ball because they know the offense is virtually unstoppable if we get going with the ground attack as well.. Teams know once we get to running the football they may not ever see the football again.

I agree with this pretty much but Gronk is what makes everyone else on NE better. Lafells, Edelman, Vareen can all beat man coverage especially with Brady lasering the ball in. I am interested to see what packages NE uses. They have yet to really use Dobson and Tyms so I wonder if they see more action or if they go more with the TEs and Vareen given we are weak up the middle.

I don't think blitzing Brady will be smart but everybody knows that so why even bring it up?  What happens when you blitz Brady or Rodgers?  You get burned.  With Rob Gronkowski, he is the league's best tightend and offensive weapon and makes everybody around him better.  The receivers for New England don't get a lot of publicity but they can, and will beat one on one coverage because they have been doing it for the last 5 weeks against some very good defensive backs.  They are decisive in their routes, very smart and intelligent at reading defense and are all versatile and line up all over the place in multiple settings and personnel packages specifically design to attack the weak part of defenses.. and they all have sure hands.  And for those that don't know, Danny Amendola has also been converting key third downs, moving the chains right behind Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell.  Additionally, the 6'3 and 6'4 deep threat speedsters Aaron Dobson and Brian Tyms will be getting in on the act as well, and it seems like everything TE/WR Tim Wright has caught has been a touchdown.. Not to mention Shane Vereen on linebackers is a mismatch down field and underneath, safeties as well.. and everyone from Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Willie Young, Marcell Dareus,... etc, etc.. the offensive line for New England, Sebastian Vollmer, Bryan Stork, and Nate Solder have been mauling and destroying every defensive line in sight.. I'm only going to say this one more time, in order for Indy to win this game they have to score at least 40 points.. that's not downing Indy that's just speaking the truth.  I'm just keeping it real, it is what it is.

A couple of weeks ago I was asked to predict the next six games for the Pats. Here's what I came up with.

This is tough. 3 home 3 away. I would be happy with 4-2.

Bears (3-4) W The Bears are 3-1 on the road. Soon to be 3-2.

Broncos (5-1) W It won't be easy. It never is.

@Colts (5-2) L The Colts are @Steelers & @Giants next two weeks. I might change this to a W.

Lions (5-2) W This is only the 11th time these two teams have played each other. Pats lead 6-4. The Lions currently have the #1 defense.

@Packers (5-2) L Patriots lose a close one on the road.

@Chargers (5-2) W The Patriots have won 5 of the last 6 vs San Diego. They have to win one of these road games.

Davis is better statistically but Talib was a better match up for Gronk given Talib is strong and physical and Gronk just toyed with him. Remember Talib held Jimmy G. to zero catches last year because he was able to out-physical him. He was not able to do that vs Gronk and said as much as after the game. You can't put a CB on Gronk man up. I don't care who he is. You have to double him, bracket him, something that takes him off his routes ...

Yea, my suggestion is not put Davis on Gronk and leave him on an island.... I would double him with a safety nearly every play. 

I think in all likelihood we will play Gronkowski very similar to how the Jets did in these highlights.  They shadowed him with Antonio Allen.  Allen got Brady for a pick 6 in this game trying to throw to Gronkowski.  Allen is 6'1" which is actually shorter than Sergio Brown who is 6'2" 218.  Although I think Brown is a little less athletic than Allen. The coverage on Gronk will have to be with a tall guy like Brown, or Purifoy(probably won't happen).  I think this will be exactly what we do and as a matter of fact I saw us doing some of this against the Giants tight end Larry Donnell. I think we'll also get some jams on him with a linebacker as well.

The Jets who have a lesser offense than us happened to win this game by the way.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000266456/Week-7-Patriots-vs-Jets-highlights

Lol at the "Those friggin' Giants" comment at the bottom.

Too bad Eli's two rings don't make him a solid, reliable QB. Let alone a great one. Can't carry that team to any form of success.

Eli's older brother couldn't have played any better than he did in those two super bowls. That friggin Eli!

Eli's older brother couldn't have played any better than he did in those two super bowls. That friggin Eli!

Eli is truly hot and cold personified at the QB position. When he plays great he's awesome, when he plays bad he is B-A-D. The problem is his bad showings far outweigh the good, but he's had some timely hot streaks. (With great defenses to help.) A little luck didn't hurt, either, but all teams need a little to win it all.

Has any big name QB been more inconsistent than Eli over the years?

Davis is better statistically but Talib was a better match up for Gronk given Talib is strong and physical and Gronk just toyed with him. Remember Talib held Jimmy G. to zero catches last year because he was able to out-physical him. He was not able to do that vs Gronk and said as much as after the game. You can't put a CB on Gronk man up. I don't care who he is. You have to double him, bracket him, something that takes him off his routes ...

Gronk had one catch for 11 yards vs Talib.

Eli is truly hot and cold personified at the QB position. When he plays great he's awesome, when he plays bad he is B-A-D. The problem is his bad showings far outweigh the good, but he's had some timely hot streaks. (With great defenses to help.) A little luck didn't hurt, either, but all teams need a little to win it all.

Has any big name QB been more inconsistent than Eli over the years?

All that is true. But if the Patriots somehow make it to the big dance, I pray they don't have to play Eli and the Giants again.

I don't think blitzing Brady will be smart but everybody knows that so why even bring it up?  What happens when you blitz Brady or Rodgers?  You get burned.  With Rob Gronkowski, he is the league's best tightend and offensive weapon and makes everybody around him better.  The receivers for New England don't get a lot of publicity but they can, and will beat one on one coverage because they have been doing it for the last 5 weeks against some very good defensive backs.  They are decisive in their routes, very smart and intelligent at reading defense and are all versatile and line up all over the place in multiple settings and personnel packages specifically design to attack the weak part of defenses.. and they all have sure hands.  And for those that don't know, Danny Amendola has also been converting key third downs, moving the chains right behind Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell.  Additionally, the 6'3 and 6'4 deep threat speedsters Aaron Dobson and Brian Tyms will be getting in on the act as well, and it seems like everything TE/WR Tim Wright has caught has been a touchdown.. Not to mention Shane Vereen on linebackers is a mismatch down field and underneath, safeties as well.. and everyone from Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Willie Young, Marcell Dareus,... etc, etc.. the offensive line for New England, Sebastian Vollmer, Bryan Stork, and Nate Solder have been mauling and destroying every defensive line in sight.. I'm only going to say this one more time, in order for Indy to win this game they have to score at least 40 points.. that's not downing Indy that's just speaking the truth.  I'm just keeping it real, it is what it is.

I wonder if the Colts will just forfeit.  Seems like that that would be the wisest thing for them to do to save face from humiliation otherwise.

A few things...

First of all Indy has a great offense and an outstanding quarterback with an underrated defense so I don't want to hear any hate at all from anybody... now lets get to business..

1) Colts have a better offense than New England Patriots and Denver Broncos?  We all know about T.Y Hilton .. but my thing is how healthy is Reggie Wayne?  And is Coby Fleener a guy that can dominate a game the way Rob Gronkowski can.. I don't even think he could the way Julius Thomas can.. OLB Jamie Collins for the Patriots if I'm not mistaking pretty much shut him down and took him out of the game last season... If teams take away T.Y Hilton then who else can Indy use without the neutralization of Coby Fleener?  Trent Richardson (And I'm such a huge Alabama fan) so talented but yet so inconsistent, Donald Brown is better.  Luck, so talented and a dual threat but yet.. is prone to making mistakes and has always been a victim of Bill Belichick complex and exotic defenses.. what sucks for Luck right now is that the last 5 weeks the New England secondary has found its niche and has some top heavy defenders that weren't even present the last time Indy and New England met.. so Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, guys like that are licking their chops to get their hands of a few balls thrown their way.. maybe even Jamie Collins again, getting into the mix.  Brandon Browner shutdown Julius Thomas vs DEN last week, and he wasn't even playing for NE the last time these two teams played, so he could be used the same way on Fleener, freeing up Jamie Collins to do damage else where.

2) Tom Brady torched a Denver secondary and defense that was a top a lot of categories.. and he did it in an explosive and decisive fashion.. hitting big play after big play down field, underneath, across the middle .. where ever.. Rob Gronkowski simply cannot be stopped and like Mike Ditka said "maybe the best tightend I've ever seen with all do respect to Tony Gonzalez, what Gronk does cannot be duplicated" .. which he will score touchdowns and make big plays.. that is a given, nothing anyone can do to stop.. as a matter of fact, a healthy Gronk through full seasons the last 5 years could have gave New England a few more Lombardi Trophies for sure.. You can bracket him, but the mistake that other teams have been making is not respecting the other weapons that despite popular belief have been beating one on one coverage consistently and easily the last 5 weeks.. guys like Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell and even Danny Amendola find ways to get open and move the chains on third downs.. Shane Vereen as well.. these guys are extremely smart, intelligent route runners and are versatile and are used in a variety of different ways in a multitude of formations and designs on the inside and outside.. and with Gronk, they will see one on one looks and will get open.. its just the way it is..

3) The return of the two tightend set to New England has been a great move of great success which makes defense play honest, which also allows for confusions in settings, snap counts and rotation of secondary and linebacker personnel for the opposing teams.. Now that you have to respect TE Tim Wright's receiving ability deep and over the middle, you don't know if he is going out for a route, or if Gronk is going to block for a run play.. and defenses press back on it because they are uncertain.. leads to big plays..

4) Brandon LaFell - has become one of the better receivers in the game, you can say what you want but the facts are the facts.. he cooked Aqib Talib a few times last game, and have been getting open against the BETTER cornerbacks in the game one on one.. so if he can vs guys like Talib and etc.. then no offense to Vontae, Vontae is the man but look out.. LaFell is big, strong, fast and smart and has good hands..

5) The Offensive line for New England is back.. plain and simple.. they absolutely MAN HANDLED Von Miller and Demarcus Ware .. Bryan Stork, Sebastian Vollmer and Nate Solder.. these guys have been playing out of their minds and have been mauling everybody.. and without Robert Mathis on the outside I don't see any penetration in this game at all, and you CANNOT blitz Brady.

6) My last point.. Brady.. The last 5 games, 120 passer rating, 18 TDs, 1 INT (of his receiver's hands), 69 Completion percentage, averaging 40 points a game, averaging 350 yards a game through the air, the four game stretch prior to DEN.. a 129.4 passer rating which was during that stretch, a league lead passer rating through 4 games, and has the best offense weapon in football period to throw to ..

Indy is an outstanding team, don't get it twisted at all I get it.. trust me so don't take offense to this post but the only way they will win this game, even at home is if they score AT LEAST 40 points.. if they don't I assure you, they will loose.. you may not like it, you may disagree but it is what it is.. right now New England's coaching, Bill Belichick, that staff, those schemes, that defense, that secondary, Tom, Gronk, Edelman those weapons, all of that stuff is a well oiled machine right now that's crushing teams man, just crushing teams.. good and bad.. Indy has to play their best game of the season to have a chance.. don't bring up Kansas City, Oak.. that's irrelevant this is a different team, different mentality and mindset and playing at a whole other level right now.. Indy will have to play their best to have a shot

I honestly do believe Indy has the best offense in the league, because even when they have lost this season, they are putting up points and shoot themselves in the foot.  The steelers game they were outplayed, but at that made a comeback within 7 before tearing open the open wounds.  They were also beat up that game.  Coby Fleener isn't our best TE.  Allen may not be quite as good as Gronk but he is having himself a heck of a season!  If you take one of them away the other will shine.  I respect the Patriots secondary, but Colt's have so many offensive weapons you simply cant stop them either.  Obviously you guys know our big weapons (TY Reggie Ahmad) but we have great depth behind them as well.  Trent does "start the game but he is gets a little less snaps than Bradshaw, but they both stay realitively fresh all game.  Then you got to keep in mind they can catch out of the backfield and block very well, so if the Patriots blitzes they better get to the QB quick because all of the skillful hands of our WR corp.  Hakeem Nicks hasn't had a great year but he has big play ability, and you may not have heard of him but rookie Donte Moncrief will probably have a few plays were you say who is this dude, because he has a knack of making an appearance.  I touched on our TE's earlier, but didn't mention Jack Doyle who also has the ability to make a couple key unexpected plays, so its a matter of picking your poison in regards to Indy's offense!

Now comes the defense... Yes, we may be without Robert Mathis but Bjoern Werner is coming along very nicely and so has Newsome.  They have been picking up some of the slack in Mathis' absence.  Actually Colts haven't really suffered as a result of the injury everybody has come together collectively to create pressure.  Jerrell Freeman is very underrated, and is always making tackles.  The front 3 and depth from the defense is playing extremely well also.  Seeing Corey Redding, Art Jones, Kerr, Chapman and RJF play like they do, you can already forget the performance from the playoffs last season.  There is no way, the Patriots will be able to run the football like that on the Colt's this time around.  I know NE's secondary has the ability to shutdown WR's but so does Indy's.  Vontae Davis is arguably the best CB in the league thus far.  Him, Toler, and Adams all have been "in the zone" this season.  One question mark is if Landry will play? At a satisfactory level? Or if the staff will stick with the "getting the job done" Sergio Brown.

Special Teams is another aspect that definitely needs to be mentioned.  You obviously know what AV is all about.  The man is clutch and hasn't missed all season, while making quite a few 45+ boots.  Pat Mcafee is something else.  He is huge for us, because his ability to pin opposing offenses inside the 10 yard line.  Also if it comes down to it we are 3/3 for onside kick attempts this season.  Patty Mc also is pinning teams on the 20 or less during kickoffs.  So field position is a huge reason why the Colts are able to control the tempo and have the league leading TOP.

I truly believe with this game being at home, the odds are in our favor.  The keys for victory will will be: 1. Our O-Line (mainly run block and pass blocking also), 2. the Safety position (if Landry can come back from his suspension and play well, or at least Brown continuance to be solid), 3. turnovers (Colt's have given away 2 games because they "shoot themselves" ,and 4. if we can create pressure.  Manusky will dial up some exotic blitzes and if we can get to Brady, the game should belong to Indianapolis. I know our corners will be playing great press man coverage, which is how they separate themselves from any other tandem in the league.

You are correct, we probably wont stop Gronk 1on1 even with Davis.  But Davis would stick to him like glue and given a hard hitter like Landry over the top I wouldn't want to throw too many jump balls his way, he is liable to take some shots.  Just ask Gio Bernard how hard our DB's hit. lmao!! 

If you think Gronk is the X factor and you can put the game on him and Gronk you Pats fans have another thing coming!  He may have a good game but even 7 catches 125+ yds and 2 TD's wont win them the game.  You will need someone else to step up and I'm confident our defense is good enough to shut down everybody else if that were to happen.  That is an unlikely scenario Gronk will even have that great of a night, so who else is going to step up?  Trust me Toler, Davis and Butler will take away most of the threats, and our front 7 is vastly improved from the performance in the playoffs where the Patriots ran all over us.  That will not happen this time!  You can pretty much pencil in Luck throwing for 300+ and the Colts offense putting up at least 27 pts.

I didn't read the whole thread. But, my early thoughts are that it will be a good game. A fun game. You have two QBs at the top of their game lately. It is indoors. It is at night. And you know the crowd will be pumped up. And both teams off a bye too? Sheesh........you can't ask for more.

Win or lose (and I have no idea) I suspect this will be the game that people expected when Denver went to NE.

I think it will be a blast. Colts/Pats games in Indy often are closer then Colts/Pats in NE anyway.

You are correct, we probably wont stop Gronk 1on1 even with Davis.  But Davis would stick to him like glue and given a hard hitter like Landry over the top I wouldn't want to throw too many jump balls his way, he is liable to take some shots.  Just ask Gio Bernard how hard our DB's hit. lmao!! 

If you think Gronk is the X factor and you can put the game on him and Gronk you Pats fans have another thing coming!  He may have a good game but even 7 catches 125+ yds and 2 TD's wont win them the game.  You will need someone else to step up and I'm confident our defense is good enough to shut down everybody else if that were to happen.  That is an unlikely scenario Gronk will even have that great of a night, so who else is going to step up?  Trust me Toler, Davis and Butler will take away most of the threats, and our front 7 is vastly improved from the performance in the playoffs where the Patriots ran all over us.  That will not happen this time!  You can pretty much pencil in Luck throwing for 300+ and the Colts offense putting up at least 27 pts.

Pats are the number 2 offense and that is without Gronk being effective the first few weeks of the season. This team can score from anywhere similar to the Colts. I expect a high scoring game.