Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you will "chip away at the clock."  lol  And Brady will put up 5 TD's.

Dwayne Allen?  Is he Julis Thomas?  If I'm not mistaken the Pats did a good job on Thomas who some say is better than Gronk.

Colby Fleener?  Ohhh man!  Another Julius Thomas is he?

Your top 3 WR's most likely will be non-factors through out of the game.  So rely on some average TE and WR's who barely made the team to fill in the roster and a running game.  Please do.

If the Colts tried that against the Steelers they'd only score maybe 14 points in that game while the Steelers didn't take their foot off the gas.

So if the Colts need to rely on a RB or Allen or Fleener, please do.

Other than TY there really is no weapon on the Colts that can burn anyone, and TY most likely will be double teamed.  TY was a non-factor last season against the Pats when they had a worse secondary.  Wayne is not the same Wayne he's been and even in his prime he couldn't make 2 catches against Revis in a game.  Nicks if often a non factor even up against mediocre CB's.

Colts will be limited in what they can do offensively in this game.  That's where Luck throws the INT's.  He'll try to force it.

Yes D.A. is just as good as Julius Thomas, and Fleener on a good day isn't too far behind.  The idea was if you are going to make it a point to shutdown TY, Reggie, and other good receivers, you wont be stopping the TE's also.  Just as TY is too fast for most CB's the athleticism of Fleener and power/speed of Allen is way too much for a mediocre LB to handle. 

The Colts wont "NEED" to rely on anybody, somebody will always just step up!  Like I said before, it's kind of picking your poision, how do you wanna get beat?

Sure you will "chip away at the clock."  lol  And Brady will put up 5 TD's.

Dwayne Allen?  Is he Julis Thomas?  If I'm not mistaken the Pats did a good job on Thomas who some say is better than Gronk.

Colby Fleener?  Ohhh man!  Another Julius Thomas is he?

Your top 3 WR's most likely will be non-factors through out of the game.  So rely on some average TE and WR's who barely made the team to fill in the roster and a running game.  Please do.

If the Colts tried that against the Steelers they'd only score maybe 14 points in that game while the Steelers didn't take their foot off the gas.

So if the Colts need to rely on a RB or Allen or Fleener, please do.

Other than TY there really is no weapon on the Colts that can burn anyone, and TY most likely will be double teamed.  TY was a non-factor last season against the Pats when they had a worse secondary.  Wayne is not the same Wayne he's been and even in his prime he couldn't make 2 catches against Revis in a game.  Nicks if often a non factor even up against mediocre CB's.

Colts will be limited in what they can do offensively in this game.  That's where Luck throws the INT's.  He'll try to force it.

Any given Sunday man. I'm sure the Chiefs and Dolphins receivers are much better than ours, that's why they beat the Patriots. Lay off and quit being such an *. :thmup:

Not an excuse, merely the reason why!  IDK if you watched the game or press confrences, but the majority of the analysts thought the same thing (not that I agree with all of them, all the time, but it's hard to go against everybody's opinion on the same matter).  Go ahead with your cracks at Polian, I wasn't ever a big fan.  He has nothing to do with the team now anyways.  Go ahead and watch the highlights yourself, you don't need me telling you what should've happened, when you can see for yourself!   

*Side note*  If you wanna take a stab at polian for rule changes, then also look into the "tuck rule" controversie... I believe it was Tom Brady who lucked out with that terrible call.  Didn't the Patriots even go on to win the SB?  So I'll go ahead and discount a lombardi trophy off Tommy's record for ya.  But that's not how the world works... SIGH.

Like I stated in my previous post.  I hope the Patriots D goes all in to stop our WR's, and drop coverage worrying about the deep threat.  Well put D.A. or Jack Doyle in the backfield, and run the ball down their throats.  It's about time Trent has a 100+ yd game and a pair of TD's.  If T Rich doesn't do it you can bet Ahmad sure will tho!  :thmup:

You're right the Giants aren't good, neither are Jacksonville and Tennessee.  That's why the Colts dominated them w/o even giving 100%.  You will continue to see that after the Colts beat the Patriots also.  They play the division yet again, and Tennessee is only on the road, and also Washington.  The only difficult teams they will play is Cleveland and Dallas, and well just see how they're doing when the time comes, but as for now, the if the Patriots lose Sunday night they can perhaps watch their hopes of a first round by go down the drain.

Oddly enough, the Tuck Rule was called earlier on in 2001 in the regular season before the snow bowl game in a Jets/Patriots game and the call went against the Patriots...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

"Like I stated in my previous post.  I hope the Patriots D goes all in to stop our WR's, and drop coverage worrying about the deep threat.  Well put D.A. or Jack Doyle in the backfield, and run the ball down their throats.  It's about time Trent has a 100+ yd game and a pair of TD's.  If T Rich doesn't do it you can bet Ahmad sure will tho!   :thmup:"

The Patriots will be ready for the run.  They most likely won't blitz.  Blitzing is counter productive in this type of game against Luck.  The Pats will switch around from a 3-4, to 4-3, 4-2, nickle, dime etc and keep showing different packages.  It will force Luck to audible out of the run and to throw.

If the Pats' D can confuse Peyton I think they can confuse Luck who is more mistake prone.

This is the first big troll I can remember around here for a while.  As a reminder, it's probably best not to engage them too much when they are making outrageous statements.  That's why they're here - to make a sport out of riling everyone up.  I'd quit making it fun for him (her?  It's so hard to tell with Patriot fans). 

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to attribute the Patriots' recent success, but let us remember that about four or five weeks ago they were being called terrible.  They've had some good games this year, and some attrocious ones.  To me, it seems that the Colts need to scheme to take away Gronk and Edelman as much as possible, and hope that none of the other substandard receiving options hurt you too much.  Keeping Vontae on either Edelman or Gronk all day would be a good strategy, and the blitzing will be a little hard for Brady to overcome b/c the rest of his receiving corps is so bad.  Their running game has been mediocre, but if we put extra guys into coverage, there's always the chance they could have a lot of success running. 

On the other side of the ball, it should be interesting.  They have had some really good DB play, but there doesn't seem to be too much in the Front-7 for the Colts to handle.  Hightower's having a pretty good year.  Fairly average pass-rush.  Other teams are running a pretty good 4.4 ypc against them.  I see a balanced gameplan with a lot more rushing than the last few games.  It'll help to have the starting OL back together.  Should be a good game, but there's a reason that the Colts are favored by 2.5 points.  I think we'll probably win, and there's a chance we could blow the Patriots away...

I probably should save my time arguing with an * Patriot fan, but it makes my blood boil when somebody making outrageous claims.  I have a hard time not replying to "Colts fans" who trash their own players also!

Any given Sunday man. I'm sure the Chiefs and Dolphins receivers are much better than ours, that's why they beat the Patriots. Lay off and quit being such an *. :thmup:

You mean when the Pats were struggling earlier on?  The offensive line was a disaster, Brady had no protection.  Browner wasn't back yet, they didn't have Wright and they were relying on Thompkins who's no longer with the team?

Yeah, good comparison.

You mean when the Pats were struggling earlier on?  The offensive line was a disaster, Brady had no protection.  Browner wasn't back yet, they didn't have Wright and they were relying on Thompkins who's no longer with the team?

Yeah, good comparison.

Excuse.

Yes D.A. is just as good as Julius Thomas, and Fleener on a good day isn't too far behind.  The idea was if you are going to make it a point to shutdown TY, Reggie, and other good receivers, you wont be stopping the TE's also.  Just as TY is too fast for most CB's the athleticism of Fleener and power/speed of Allen is way too much for a mediocre LB to handle. 

The Colts wont "NEED" to rely on anybody, somebody will always just step up!  Like I said before, it's kind of picking your poision, how do you wanna get beat?

Most Colts fans don't even believe D.A. is as good as Julius Thomas.  lol  But that's a good one: "DA is as good as Julius Thomas."

So far on this thread we've got Colts fans saying Gronk is never challenged and all you need to do is just "get physical" with him.  

That Davis is much better than Talib.

Davis will shut down Gronk.

That your TE's are a "threat."  lol

Well, if you noticed the Colts haven't beat any good team this year with a very physical defense that roughs up it's receivers.  And no, the Ravens are not the same Ravens as 3 years ago with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

Oddly enough, the Tuck Rule was called earlier on in 2001 in the regular season before the snow bowl game in a Jets/Patriots game and the call went against the Patriots...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

"Like I stated in my previous post.  I hope the Patriots D goes all in to stop our WR's, and drop coverage worrying about the deep threat.  Well put D.A. or Jack Doyle in the backfield, and run the ball down their throats.  It's about time Trent has a 100+ yd game and a pair of TD's.  If T Rich doesn't do it you can bet Ahmad sure will tho!   :thmup:"

The Patriots will be ready for the run.  They most likely won't blitz.  Blitzing is counter productive in this type of game against Luck.  The Pats will switch around from a 3-4, to 4-3, 4-2, nickle, dime etc and keep showing different packages.  It will force Luck to audible out of the run and to throw.

If the Pats' D can confuse Peyton I think they can confuse Luck who is more mistake prone.

Everytime I hear about the tuck rule it's showing Brady getting sacked and V kicking the fg to win the game.  That is the reason for the rule change, not the prior!  Plus I don't care what wikipedia says about sports, thats only good for gathering info while writing a paper in H.S.

Patriots can be ready for the run all they want.  If they're that worried about TY, Reggie, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, and Nicks, they wont be stacking the box.  Colts will run down their throat if they do that.  Patriots big men up front have a tall task in front of them, which they're not that good in the first place.

Switching up coverages all the time will only cause the chess match to go on.  Don't think for a second Luck isn't as smart as Peyton dude.  Plus he has legs :)  Actually, with Luck only playing the Pats 2x they havent had as many opportunities to see what will work and what wont.  So in that sense, it kind of favors Luck.

So he couldn't stop him (sarcasm) lol he allowed one catch (Patriots fan)

Here's the actual breakdown. Talib was in primary coverage on Gronkowski 7 times in the game. He was targeted twice.

The first target was a catch for 11 yards. Gronk lined up on the left side of the formation in a close split as a slot receiver. He ran a 10 yard in, across the middle of the field. At the top of his route, he two-handed pushed Talib back, then broke inside. Talib recovered well enough. Another Broncos defender was zoning across the middle, and Gronk ran past him, causing Talib to avoid the other defender, and leaving Brady enough room to throw the ball to Gronkowski for an 11 yard gain. Talib made the tackle right away.

The second target was a defensive holding call. Gronk lined up on the right side of the formation. I can't remember whether he was in a three point stance or standing up, but he was in tight. Gronk's route brought him into Talib's space, Talib two-handed grabbed Gronk (maybe in an effort to avoid getting pushed off of coverage again), and Brady throws to the outside. Five yard penalty, automatic first down.

The other five primary coverage snaps that were Gronk vs Talib were no targets. He hardly even got a look from the QB. A couple of them were quick hitters or screens to other receivers. None of them saw Gronk come open at any point in the play.

Gronk also had a couple of snaps against Bradley Roby and Chris Harris, with no targets. Most of those were on the outside, not close splits or lined up tight. At least four of his nine catches came on plays where the Broncos left him wide open across the middle of the field.

So let's go ahead and put an end to this "Gronk destroyed Talib" meme. It didn't happen. It's a figment of someone's imagination. 

They are currently #3 in points scored which is really the only category that matters. They were #2 prior to yesterday's games.

But the Pats better watch out.  According to some Colts fans on here Dwayne Allen is as good as Julius Thomas.

So if the Colts think they can rely on Allen and their running game to beat the Pats if TY, Wayne and Hicks are shut down well let's them throw to Allen or Fleener.

Everytime I hear about the tuck rule it's showing Brady getting sacked and V kicking the fg to win the game.  That is the reason for the rule change, not the prior!  Plus I don't care what wikipedia says about sports, thats only good for gathering info while writing a paper in H.S.

Patriots can be ready for the run all they want.  If they're that worried about TY, Reggie, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, and Nicks, they wont be stacking the box.  Colts will run down their throat if they do that.  Patriots big men up front have a tall task in front of them, which they're not that good in the first place.

Switching up coverages all the time will only cause the chess match to go on.  Don't think for a second Luck isn't as smart as Peyton dude.  Plus he has legs :)  Actually, with Luck only playing the Pats 2x they havent had as many opportunities to see what will work and what wont.  So in that sense, it kind of favors Luck.

The Tuck was changed because the wording of rule was too confusing and making it difficult for the refs to call. The Pats play is shown because it is the most famous play where the rule was correctly called. And it was also the first of Brady's 10 consecutive playoff wins to begin his career so it is kind of seen as the launching play of the Pats dynasty.

But the Pats better watch out.  According to some Colts fans on here Dwayne Allen is as good as Julius Thomas.

So if the Colts think they can rely on Allen and their running game to beat the Pats if TY, Wayne and Hicks are shut down well let's them throw to Allen or Fleener.

D. Allen is more rounded in terms of run blocking that JT can't even come close to. 40 yards of rushing from the Broncos' RBs, that is not happening with the Colts, trust me, it won't. The Broncos' TEs cannot run block, even against the Raiders :). The randomness of Luck targets is the biggest strength the Colts have. It is more a sum of the parts on offense than individuals themselves that makes this offense go.

JT is no doubt a better receiver but I don't think the Colts will try to beat their heads on a wall trying to pass 50 times on the Pats. It won't be a recipe for winning and they know that.

I expect a MUCH better game from the Colts than the Broncos. Luck is better than Peyton right now IMO by a lot actually. The Colts can actually run. Where I think we have the biggest advantage is against their D right up the middle in the pass game. Most here on this board are afraid of what Gronk could do hence the thread "how do we stop Gronk." They don't have an answer for him and that is a scary prop given he is the most lethal weapon in football.

Most Colts fans don't even believe D.A. is as good as Julius Thomas.  lol  But that's a good one: "DA is as good as Julius Thomas."

So far on this thread we've got Colts fans saying Gronk is never challenged and all you need to do is just "get physical" with him.  

That Davis is much better than Talib.

Davis will shut down Gronk.

That your TE's are a "threat."  lol

Well, if you noticed the Colts haven't beat any good team this year with a very physical defense that roughs up it's receivers.  And no, the Ravens are not the same Ravens as 3 years ago with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

I don't know what's funny about most of those  statements.  Allen is very similar to J. Thomas.  His run blocking is excellent also.  Keep laughing about our TE's, it will be funny when they walk the walk.  Also Davis is better than Talib.  The stats previously posted on this thread confirms that statement!  Davis can cover Gronk!  He may not be able to get the jump ball over him but that's what a hard hitting safety playing back is for! 

Anyway, let's just enjoy the game and have this conversation next Monday!  I do hope to see all of you Patriot trolls on here then.  Please don't bring any excuses with you either!! GO COLTS :blueshoe:

I expect a MUCH better game from the Colts than the Broncos. Luck is better than Peyton right now IMO by a lot actually. The Colts can actually run. Where I think we have the biggest advantage is against their D right up the middle in the pass game. Most here on this board are afraid of what Gronk could do hence the thread "how do we stop Gronk." They don't have an answer for him and that is a scary prop given he is the most lethal weapon in football.

Gronk isn't the most lethal weapon in football.

That's great about "YOU" hearing about the Tuck rule.  It's already based on facts and in the record books.  It's been called prior to the Pats/Raiders game and one of those games was called against the Patriots in the regular season.  So the whole myth and conspiracy that the tuck rule was only called against the Pats in the snow bowl is a lie and proven incorrect, regardless of what you hear or see.

Good defenses stop the run and the pass.  But also, some have a "bend but don't break" system.

If the Colts have to rely on running the ball in the game it will be the first game all year they focused primarily on the run.  So good, don't let Luck throw to his weapons.

PLEASE, PLEASE run the ball and let Luck scramble.  Oh, also put Davis on Gronk too.   :goodluck:

Here's the actual breakdown. Talib was in primary coverage on Gronkowski 7 times in the game. He was targeted twice.

The first target was a catch for 11 yards. Gronk lined up on the left side of the formation in a close split as a slot receiver. He ran a 10 yard in, across the middle of the field. At the top of his route, he two-handed pushed Talib back, then broke inside. Talib recovered well enough. Another Broncos defender was zoning across the middle, and Gronk ran past him, causing Talib to avoid the other defender, and leaving Brady enough room to throw the ball to Gronkowski for an 11 yard gain. Talib made the tackle right away.

The second target was a defensive holding call. Gronk lined up on the right side of the formation. I can't remember whether he was in a three point stance or standing up, but he was in tight. Gronk's route brought him into Talib's space, Talib two-handed grabbed Gronk (maybe in an effort to avoid getting pushed off of coverage again), and Brady throws to the outside. Five yard penalty, automatic first down.

The other five primary coverage snaps that were Gronk vs Talib were no targets. He hardly even got a look from the QB. A couple of them were quick hitters or screens to other receivers. None of them saw Gronk come open at any point in the play.

Gronk also had a couple of snaps against Bradley Roby and Chris Harris, with no targets. Most of those were on the outside, not close splits or lined up tight. At least four of his nine catches came on plays where the Broncos left him wide open across the middle of the field.

So let's go ahead and put an end to this "Gronk destroyed Talib" meme. It didn't happen. It's a figment of someone's imagination. 

Thank you for clearing that up...  Let the debate of why the Colts will beat the Patriots proceed lol

That's great about "YOU" hearing about the Tuck rule.  It's already based on facts and in the record books.  It's been called prior to the Pats/Raiders game and one of those games was called against the Patriots in the regular season.  So the whole myth and conspiracy that the tuck rule was only called against the Pats in the snow bowl is a lie and proven incorrect, regardless of what you hear or see.

Good defenses stop the run and the pass.  But also, some have a "bend but don't break" system.

If the Colts have to rely on running the ball in the game it will be the first game all year they focused primarily on the run.  So good, don't let Luck throw to his weapons.

PLEASE, PLEASE run the ball and let Luck scramble.  Oh, also put Davis on Gronk too.   :goodluck:

I would definitely be careful what you wish for :)

You take what someone said and run with it to the extreme. Calm down there.

You have to run to keep the Patriots' D honest, it does not mean the run game will be the bread and butter of our offense. You won't see 40 yards of rushing from the Colts like with the Broncos, you can bet on that. We just won't be throwing 50 times vs the Patriots (unless we have to).

Per ESPN:

Julius Thomas: 49 targets, 38 catches, 423 yards, 11.1 yards/catch, 12 TDs, long of 35 yards, 5 plays of 20+ yards, 1 fumble, 121 yards after catch, 28 first downs (74%)

Dwayne Allen: 35 targets, 26 catches, 374 yards, 14.4 yards/catch, 7 TDs, long of 41 yards, 6 plays of 20+ yards, 1 fumble, 136 yards after catch, 22 first downs (85%)

The difference between Thomas and Allen as receivers is negligible. The only difference in their production is in volume, with Allen being a more efficient producer, but Thomas receiving a much higher percentage of his team's targets. 

And of course, Allen is a much better blocker.

I think he is. Outside of the elite QBs that is.

That's a different story. That's your opinion. You previously stated it as fact. And I think compelling arguments can be made for Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham and Calvin Johnson as more dangerous offensive weapons.

Nitpick. Gronk is obviously a very lethal weapon.

Per ESPN:

Julius Thomas: 49 targets, 38 catches, 423 yards, 11.1 yards/catch, 12 TDs, long of 35 yards, 5 plays of 20+ yards, 1 fumble, 121 yards after catch, 28 first downs (74%)

Dwayne Allen: 35 targets, 26 catches, 374 yards, 14.4 yards/catch, 7 TDs, long of 41 yards, 6 plays of 20+ yards, 1 fumble, 136 yards after catch, 22 first downs (85%)

The difference between Thomas and Allen as receivers is negligible. The only difference in their production is in volume, with Allen being a more efficient producer, but Thomas receiving a much higher percentage of his team's targets. 

And of course, Allen is a much better blocker.

Once again, thanks for backing me up on this one

That's a different story. That's your opinion. You previously stated it as fact. And I think compelling arguments can be made for Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham and Calvin Johnson as more dangerous offensive weapons.

Nitpick. Gronk is obviously a very lethal weapon.

I am sorry but IMO Brown and Graham are not even in the convo with Gronk. Johnson yes but he drops a lot of balls.

Offensively - Push

Defensively - Better coaching and schemes and because of that, matchups are exploited better

Special teams - Much better

Agreed. The Broncos are probably more efficient in their passing offense, I think they score more TDs in the red zone and turn the ball over less, but the Colts have the volume production and are better on third down. So yeah, it's a push there. The only caveat is that Manning can reach highs that Luck hasn't reached yet, particularly when it comes to throwing TD passes.

The Broncos have a better pass rush, but I think the Colts secondary and matchups in pass coverage are better. Kind of equal in run defense.

And we have the best special teams in the league.

Question - do most here believe the Colts are a better team than Denver?

Asking that question on a Colts forum will most likely give you bias opinions. Honestly, in my opinion, we don't have a lot of big name/contracts (especially on defense) that Denver does. However, we find talent and leave no rock unturned and it seems to work pretty well. Any given Sunday is all I say. We beat Seattle last year when they won the Superbowl, we beat Denver last year who was in the Superbowl, we beat the 49'ers on the road who were in the Superbowl the previous year, etc. But these are all obvious things that you probably know by now. :)

How about OL and DL? Colts better in those two areas?

OL better on run blocking, equally good in pass blocking

DL push on pass rush with the Broncos though Miller and Ware are better than our OLBs (without Mathis) and I think we make up for it with good timely blitzing especially at home, worse than Broncos' DL in run blocking

LBs and safeties are the weak link. CBs are a strength which allows us to play man more and blitz in a timely fashion.

D. Allen is more rounded in terms of run blocking that JT can't even come close to. 40 yards of rushing from the Broncos' RBs, that is not happening with the Colts, trust me, it won't. The Broncos' TEs cannot run block, even against the Raiders :). The randomness of Luck targets is the biggest strength the Colts have. It is more a sum of the parts on offense than individuals themselves that makes this offense go.

JT is no doubt a better receiver but I don't think the Colts will try to beat their heads on a wall trying to pass 50 times on the Pats. It won't be a recipe for winning and they know that.

Usually when TE's are used for run blocking it's to make up for the fact they aren't good at route running to catch receptions.  Allen is an ok TE but not elite and not a game changer.  You have to take into consideration Allen gets to play 8 games indoors and 3 more in good weather against the Texans, Jags and Titans.  I'd expect any TE on a Colts' offense to put up numbers.  He's not a Gronk, Thomas, Gates or Graham.  So he's a good blocker and when he's in the game so why use him to try to catch receptions when he's good at blocking?   So use him as a blocker to run the ball.  It keeps the ball on the ground and out of the air, which what the Pats and any team wants against the Colts.  No one wants Luck throwing bombs down field.  The Seahawks couldn't even stop that.  So if the Colts have to rely on Allen or Fleener I don't think that's a good day offensively for the Colts.  That means the long ball was taken away.

If the Colts have to rely on trying to use the run game to beat the Pats that is a disaster for the Colts.  This game is in Indy, on turf.  The Colts SHOULD be able to smoke any defense through the air.  If they can't, and TY, Wayne and Hicks are non factors that plays into Belichick's hands of forcing the other team to beat you with their weakest links.

To think the Colts' D will shut down the Patriots offense who have been on fire and just rely on playing keep away and letting the Colts run the ball is not what the Colts want.  I believe with this current Pats' D and their depth in the secondary Belichick's game plan will be on forcing the Colts to keep the ball on the ground.  That's the best way to beat the Colts.  You don't want to get into a shoot out with them in Indy.

My biggest fear and pretty much most fan's biggest fear when their team plays the Colts is their air assault.  It's a moral victory to shut down the Colts passing game and something that almost no other team has been able to do especially in Indy.

In this game, I really believe the Pats have a better chance to limit the Colts' passing game than the Colts limiting the Pats' passing game.  Again = Revis on Wayne,  Double team TY with a  safety (McCourty) over the top.  Browner on Hicks.  The Pats still have Dennard, Arrington, Jones and Chung in the secondary to do what they want with them.

I'd be proud of the Pats if they kept the Colts to under 24 points in Indy and the Colts won just on running and a last minute field goal.  Because I predict the Colts will win.

I don't.  Not even close,  But I do think New England is a very different team on the road and they are vulnerable.

Good point. Not really a meaningful question, given how dominant the Pats are at home. That's the biggest difference in this matchup, IMO, and it's why I'm not overly concerned with how good the Pats looked last week, nor am I that concerned with how soundly they beat us the last two years.