Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Or that you guys still have excuses galore for Manning when he gets crushed.

I'm the furthest thing from a Manning apologist. I hate the Broncos. I was debating a missed field goal that Manning had nothing to do with. You've been wrong more today than the average person is in a year.

lol. Friction, right? Even though no one was slipping or falling all game due to the field.

No one slipped or fell all game long??? That's not true.

And yes, friction, or lack thereof, influences field conditions. And there is less friction on a wet, cold field -- even FieldTurf -- than on a more dry field. 

No one slipped or fell all game long??? That's not true.

And yes, friction, or lack thereof, influences field conditions. And there is less friction on a wet, cold field -- even FieldTurf -- than on a more dry field. 

You are right. Denver players were falling everywhere all day from the Pats laying the wood.

lol. Friction, right? Even though no one was slipping or falling all game due to the field.

"Nah, friction wouldn't have an impact on a game featuring quick movements and change of direction... Don't be ridiculous." Where was mud mentioned by Superman?

lol. I know what is underneath it all. Admit it that loss was brutal for you.

Hogwash.

You're arguing against a straw man.

I said the Patriots have a homefield advantage, and rather than just acknowledging what everyone else knows to be a basic fact, you've tried to nullify it with typical nonsense. I don't care what happened to the Broncos, really. I'd rather see them beat the Pats every time, but the Pats played better, plain and simple. That doesn't mean the conditions and homefield advantage had no impact on the game. It's incredible that anyone -- even the biggest Pats apologist -- would try to ignore that.

I think super bowls should be played in all different kinds of venues and weather all over the country.  I'd love to see a Super Bowl at the Big House in Michigan in front of 110,000 fans and at Lambeau Field.

I think they do it more for the comfort of the fans to play games in domes and warm weather climate.

Plus most of the fans are high priced SB only fans- business etc.  Would love to see it at Lambeau.  Can you say Ice Bowl :)

That still sticks in my head and I can still visualize it.

Hogwash.

You're arguing against a straw man.

I said the Patriots have a homefield advantage, and rather than just acknowledging what everyone else knows to be a basic fact, you've tried to nullify it with typical nonsense. I don't care what happened to the Broncos, really. I'd rather see them beat the Pats every time, but the Pats played better, plain and simple. That doesn't mean the conditions and homefield advantage had no impact on the game. It's incredible that anyone -- even the biggest Pats apologist -- would try to ignore that.

Not in a 22 point blow out. Sorry. Not the game to try to argue weather even a little.

But I think it is time for these now to make a more peaceful thread  :flowers:  :luv:  :heart:

Do you think the wind can only influence a kick if the kick is directly into the wind?

The wind wasn't as bad as thought pregame. It came and went at various times. There was a couple Manning passes that sailed, Brady too.

We kicked a FG when the wind happened to die down- no flags flying at the goal post.

Reading through this thread, I'm just thankful that me and my family survived the  blizzard that hit New England last Sunday.  ;)

In all seriousness... it was not that bad. At all. The 2013 game was much more impacted by the weather. If the Broncos were that uncomfortable in nearly 40 degree temps with winds that were very manageable, they're in deep trouble. 

The way the Patriots played they would have won that game in Denver. I'm not saying it would happen again, and maybe they lose 99 out of 100 games to the Broncos on the road, but last week, last Sunday... didn't matter where they were. If one team executes that well and the other team doesn't, that's all there really is to it. 

You mean like the sunny day in Buffalo where the Pats won? Or the sunny day in Minnesota?

I wouldn't call Miami in September to be "perfect weather." That's actually dangerous weather to be playing sports in.

Good weather for football is 50 degrees and dry. Cool weather keeps the body temp down.

I've gone jogging in 30 degree weather in January at night and worked up a sweat so imagine what playing high speed football in 90+ degree heat with humidity in south florida in september is like.

What was the weather during last year's AFCCG ?.

Reading through this thread, I'm just thankful that me and my family survived the  blizzard that hit New England last Sunday.  ;)

In all seriousness... it was not that bad. At all. The 2013 game was much more impacted by the weather. If the Broncos were that uncomfortable in nearly 40 degree temps with winds that were very manageable, they're in deep trouble. 

The way the Patriots played they would have won that game in Denver. I'm not saying it would happen again, and maybe they lose 99 out of 100 games to the Broncos on the road, but last week, last Sunday... didn't matter where they were. If one team executes that well and the other team doesn't, that's all there really is to it. 

Good god...

I never said that the weather was so bad that the Broncos just couldn't handle it, therefore, the Pats won by default. You guys are completely misrepresenting the point.

I only said that the conditions influenced the game. I didn't even go so far as to say that they influenced the outcome of the game. I'm not saying that, if McManus' kick wasn't influenced by the wind, that the Pats don't win the game. I only said that the kick was influenced by the wind. And I gave other examples of the conditions influencing the game. Not determining the outcome, not making one team so uncomfortable that they couldn't perform. Only that it influenced the game.

And I said this in context of this week's game, which will be played indoors. 

The wind wasn't as bad as thought pregame. It came and went at various times. There was a couple Manning passes that sailed, Brady too.

We kicked a FG when the wind happened to die down- no flags flying at the goal post.

That's all fine.

I only said that the conditions influenced the game. I didn't realize that would be considered such a controversial statement. 

That's all fine.

I only said that the conditions influenced the game. I didn't realize that would be considered such a controversial statement. 

yeah.  I think weather like that influences the game in that you must strategize with it. 

Not in a 22 point blow out. Sorry. Not the game to try to argue weather even a little.

But I think it is time for these now to make a more peaceful thread  :flowers:  :luv:  :heart:

You're still arguing against a straw man. https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

One can't "argue weather." I don't even know what that means. 

I'm sorry you don't agree with the basic rules that impact everything in our known universe. You know, things like inertia, friction, etc. 

yeah.  I think weather like that influences the game in that you must strategize with it. 

Yup. McManus should have aimed his kick a little further to the left, for instance. Probably shouldn't have kicked it as high as he did, where the wind could have greater affect on it. He missed it, fair and square. It's a very makeable kick, and he missed it.

It was still influenced by the wind. That's all I'm saying.

I think super bowls should be played in all different kinds of venues and weather all over the country.  I'd love to see a Super Bowl at the Big House in Michigan in front of 110,000 fans and at Lambeau Field.

I think they do it more for the comfort of the fans to play games in domes and warm weather climate.

oh I agree with this completely.  To the latter point though, i don't think fan comfort has anything to do with the decision to not play the SB in cold weather stadiums.  It's the SB, people are going to show up no matter what.  I do think that's why a lot of teams choose to build an indoor stadium as opposed to outdoors, but I think the SB games are played in domes and warm weather specifically to prevent weather from affecting the outcome of the game.

Good god...

I never said that the weather was so bad that the Broncos just couldn't handle it, therefore, the Pats won by default. You guys are completely misrepresenting the point.

Whoa now, take it easy Supes. Don't want to get you all worked up and have you punch a hole through a wall at the Fortress of Solitude.  ;)

There are like two pages of this thread talking about the weather conditions, which IMO, by game time, were pretty much a non-factor. 

No.

Ok. Then what was your bigger point? He has struggled with picks this year and this goes back to last years playoffs where he threw 7 in the two playoff games (one at home, one on road). Do you feel he plays differently at home in terms of his handling of the ball vs the road?

Whoa now, take it easy Supes. Don't want to get you all worked up and have you punch a hole through a wall at the Fortress of Solitude.  ;)

There are like two pages of this thread talking about the weather conditions, which IMO, by game time, were pretty much a non-factor

So you don't think the wind blowing to the right factored in to a kick that barely missed to the right? I think that's a makeable kick; I'm only saying that it was influenced by the wind.

And I'm not worked up. I just think a very simple and innocuous statement is being twisted because Pats fans think I'm undermining their victory. The Pats won because they played better, not because they were at home, not because of the conditions. They played better, I think their coaches coached better (I don't think the coaching was a major factor, but it was a factor), they made fewer mistakes, they were more physical, etc. Good win, fully earned, and probably the most impressive of their season, so far. 

Ok. Then what was your bigger point? He has struggled with picks this year and this goes back to last years playoffs where he threw 7 in the two playoff games (one at home, one on road). Do you feel he plays differently at home in terms of his handling of the ball vs the road?

I don't see what's so difficult about what I said to begin with.

Gillette is a tough place to play, especially for a rookie QB, or in the playoffs (for any QB). So while I don't think that Luck threw those picks specifically because the game was in Gillette, I do think that the location of the game was a factor.

And historically speaking, the Patriots force more turnovers at home, allow fewer points at home, etc. Especially later in the year.

All of this is based on the numbers. It's not a figment of my imagination.

So, throughout this thread, Pats fans have suggested that you can pencil in two or three Luck interceptions, based on the interceptions in the first two games. And I'm saying that this game is different, for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the game is not in Gillette.

I don't see what's so difficult about what I said to begin with.

Gillette is a tough place to play, especially for a rookie QB, or in the playoffs (for any QB). So while I don't think that Luck threw those picks specifically because the game was in Gillette, I do think that the location of the game was a factor.

And historically speaking, the Patriots force more turnovers at home, allow fewer points at home, etc. Especially later in the year.

All of this is based on the numbers. It's not a figment of my imagination.

So, throughout this thread, Pats fans have suggested that you can pencil in two or three Luck interceptions, based on the interceptions in the first two games. And I'm saying that this game is different, for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the game is not in Gillette.

You didn't answer the question though. Does Luck throw less INTs at home vs the road?

And this NE secondary is much better than the one he faced the last two seasons.

So you don't think the wind blowing to the right factored in to a kick that barely missed to the right? I think that's a makeable kick; I'm only saying that it was influenced by the wind.

Maybe. The ball hit the upright so that's what, two inches difference between good and no-good? But he pushed it that way, IMO. Maybe it would have been good without the extra influence from the wind... I'm not a physicist. I don't know what kind of impact an 18 mph breeze on a football that's traveling 40-something yards. I'm sure people much smarter than me can answer that question. 

It's just hard to ignore that, even with that FG, the Patriots still would've won by 19. 

Maybe as a mountaineer I just have an unnatural definition of windy.  ;)

Maybe. The ball hit the upright so that's what, two inches difference between good and no-good? But he pushed it that way, IMO. Maybe it would have been good without the extra influence from the wind... I'm not a physicist. I don't know what kind of impact an 18 mph breeze on a football that's traveling 40-something yards. I'm sure people much smarter than me can answer that question.

It's just hard to ignore that, even with that FG, the Patriots still would've won by 19.

Maybe as a mountaineer I just have an unnatural definition of windy. ;)

I'm not asking anyone to ignore the thorough butt whooping the Pats put on the Broncos. I'm not making excuses for the game. I'm only saying that the conditions had an impact on the game.

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that such a simple -- and factual -- statement would generate so much dissension.

Well here are few stats:
53 passes(333 yards, 4 to, 1 int), 25 rushes ( 66 yards).
The biggest threat was Gronk 9 rec, 105 yards, 1td.

The Pats knew that Broncos Defense were #1 against the rush so they run the ball to kept them true but Colts defense isn't as talented as the Broncos, we don't have V.Miller, D.Ware to pressure the QB, against Pitt we weren't able to pressure the QB i don't see us pressuring Brady to make him take bad decisions, so any ideas how to stop them??

I just have one idea and that idea is "Score more than them and keep the Pats offense out of the field" because i don't see our defense stop the pats every 2-3 series, i do see them just giving 3 points(a couple of times).

I think TY can burn Browner again and if they put Davis against TY(he is faster than Davis and they are gonna double team TY) then we have Reggie against Browner and Allen/Moncrief/Fleener making plays.

I made his thread before the game against Giants because if we won that game and the defense looks good then we may be on a state were we think our Defense is good  enough to take Brady.

Sorry if it's a early to make this topic but after i saw Pats offense taking apart Broncos defense i couldn't stop think about how to stop them.

Defense plays much better at home.