Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

Colts fans should thank their lucky stars that organization surrounded Luck with as many weapons as Peyton has.

I'd love to see Luck and Peyton do with what Brady has with Brady's "weapons".

Does Brady spend months working out with his wrs in the off season. Serious question, because i haven't heard if he does or doesnt. I know luck and manning both do

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he has some of the worst deep accuaracy in the NFL. 11 of 37 with 2 drops (35.1% 4th worst) for 352 yards.

Compared with Luck's 23 of 46 with 1 drop (52.2% 4th best) for 707 yards. Even with TYs targets he's still 14 of 29 (48.2%, 7th highest in the NFL).

Good try though man. 

And he has no down field wr to throw to.

Give him TY and he'll have one of the best in the league.

And what does throwing it deep mean anyway?  lol  How many super bowls has that won anyone?  Defense wins championships.  And it's hard to win when your QB throws so many INT's.

And he has no down field wr to throw to.

Give him TY and he'll have one of the best in the league.

And what does throwing it deep mean anyway? lol How many super bowls has that won anyone? Defense wins championships. And it's hard to win when your QB throws so many INT's.

Thank you. Defense wins championships. Tell your pats brethren that for me please

You can "prove" anything with anecdotal evidence. 

Fact is Brady has one of the worst completion percentages on deep balls of any QB in the league. Seriously. Andy Dalton has a higher deep ball percentage than Tom Brady.

Because he hasn't had a down field threat like Luck has had.  Brady's last true legit outside WR who can stretch the field was Moss.

Give Brady the weapons that Luck and Stafford have and watch his stats go through the roof.

And how many super bowls has that won Luck or Peyton having a "down field threat" ?  Put these wr's outside in the winter  in the post season and they get shut down.

Because he hasn't had a down field threat like Luck has had.  Brady's last true legit outside WR who can stretch the field was Moss.

Give Brady the weapons that Luck and Stafford have and watch his stats go through the roof.

And how many super bowls has that won Luck or Peyton having a "down field threat" ?  Put these wr's outside in the winter  in the post season and they get shut down.

The only year Brady had a good deep ball was when he was throwing to the greatest deep threat in the NFL history. 

mkdn.gif

Does Brady spend months working out with his wrs in the off season. Serious question, because i haven't heard if he does or doesnt. I know luck and manning both do

Not sure he does. He's in sunny calif and I know he comes in early before camp but when not sure.

The Pats organization has screwed Brady so many times.  He takes pay cuts or restructures his contract and they still either can't resign offensive players, Kraft finds a way to screw it up with his arrogance hard ball negotiating tactics that turns players off, or Belichick will trade them away.

So contact the Patriots and tell them to trade for or draft a outside stud WR.  They had Dez Bryant in the draft to select and they didn't take him.

But I think the Pats believe receivers are divas and cause more problems than they contribute.  They tend to be head cases...

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Chad Johnson

Dez Bryant

Defense wins championships.  I hope the Pats draft mostly defensive players in next year's draft.  D-linemen and LB's.

Did you quote 2009 for Brady when he came off of ACL surgery? How did he do in 2007? That would be a better comparison than 2009.

1st. Literally the only year in the past 8 years he's been in the top 10. All it took was the greatest deep threat in NFL history. 

The Pats organization has screwed Brady so many times.  He takes pay cuts or restructures his contract and they still either can't resign offensive players, Kraft finds a way to screw it up with his arrogance hard ball negotiating tactics that turns players off, or Belichick will trade them away.

So contact the Patriots and tell them to trade for or draft a outside stud WR.  They had Dez Bryant in the draft to select and they didn't take him.

But I think the Pats believe receivers are divas and cause more problems than they contribute.  They tend to be head cases...

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Chad Johnson

Dez Bryant

Defense wins championships.  I hope the Pats draft mostly defensive players in next year's draft.  D-linemen and LB's.

I'm sure that's a big part. The other I think Bill just doesn't want to spend on WR and RB. Now dline is another story ;)

Who has ever had anyone anywhere near moss in regards to a deep threat?

Matt Stafford = Calvin Johnson

Tony Romo = Dez Bryant

Matt Ryan = Julio Jones

Andrew Luck = TY and Wayne

Peyton Manning = Enough said

Drew Brees = Enough said

Even Joe Flacco is loaded with weapons.

ALl those qb's have been on teams loaded at WR with at least one down field threat as good as Moss and even more complete than Moss because those WR's on those teams will go over the middle unlike Moss.  Moss was soft.  He wouldn't go up for balls if he knew he would get hit.  The Ravens/49ers super bowl was great evidence of that.

Moss gave up on all the teams he's been on in the NFL.

Matt Stafford

Tony Romo

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

ALl those qb's have been on teams loaded at WR with at least one down field threat as good as Moss and even more complete than Moss because those WR's on those teams will go over the middle unlike Moss.  Moss was soft.  He wouldn't go up for balls if he knew he would get hit.  The Ravens/49ers super bowl was great evidence of that.

I don't think you're in any position to call a professional NFL player "soft"

Matt Stafford

Tony Romo

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

ALl those qb's have been on teams loaded at WR with at least one down field threat as good as Moss and even more complete than Moss because those WR's on those teams will go over the middle unlike Moss. Moss was soft. He wouldn't go up for balls if he knew he would get hit. The Ravens/49ers super bowl was great evidence of that.

write bill a letter. He is terrible drafting wrs. But i guarantee Lafell would be a deep threat on more than a couple of offenses in the nfl