Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

If the Pats have mediocre weapons how are they blowing out teams?  How did they put up 43 points on the Broncos?

And the only guy worth a damn in the Colts secondary is Davis.  Everyone else is easily exploitable.

And in which game this season did Brady only throw to Gronk?  I have no idea where you're getting this thing that Brady only throws to Gronk.  You don't know much about the Pats if you think that.

I'm pretty sure nobody considers Greg Toler or Mike Adams average.  Ive already told you earlier Adams is ranked like 6th on the list of top safties and Toler has a knack of getting INT's, plus he can get very physical. 

I don't know a whole lot about this Patriots team, but I do know that the WR's aren't that good.  Weren't you just saying "IF Brady had all the best weapons that Luck had..."

I never said that at all!  It was in reference to your quote "nobody can cover Gronk" You took a statement I said that is used as an example to your theory, add your little twist to it, and sell it as my statement!  That is FALSE my friend

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the key to the game is to really look at what Miami did to NE which is a blueprint.  The Patriots will obviously change up a bit, but I think:

1) Establish the run.  You don't beat Bellicheats teams by throwing the ball 50 times.  I am not suggesting starting out slow.  Attack, but keep that running going.

2) Get pressure early on Brady.  This is the hardest part.  Miami had a good, consistent rush.  The Colts need pressure without having to blitz 6.

3) Protect the ball. That is a no brainer.

I don't really get why you're arguing this with them. It's math. Statistically speaking, Brady's deep ball is not his strength. Sure the first four games of this season brought his numbers down, and since then they've improved a little, but ultimately your "no weapons" argument doesn't really matter because the offense is tailored more to Brady's skills (accuracy in the short-to-intermediate range, pre-snap reads, seeing the field and finding the mismatch). 

In general the long ball is sort of an overrated thing. If you look at the highest rated "deep ball" passers in the NFL, a good number of them are otherwise average to below-average at the position overall. It doesn't matter if you throw a 50-yard bomb right on the money if you hit a DB in the hands with a pass two plays later. 

Brady's strength is making short-to-intermediate range throws, and taking care of the ball. He does both of those things better than any other QB in the league. And he wins more games than any other QB in the league as a result. 

Just imagine how dominant he'd be if he had a more consistent deep ball? LOL...

Yeah I agree.  Some people believe the reason why Brady doesn't throw the long ball often is because he can't or doesn't have the skills to.  I disagree.  He'd be hitting Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Dez Bryant or DeSean Jackson if he had one of those type of WR's.

It's time to stop asking why Brady doesn't throw it long and start asking Belichick and Josh McDaniels who bring in the players and set up the offense.

lol let's all believe Brady is secretly telling Belichick behind the scenes to avoid superstar receivers.  It was actually Brady who behind the scenes told Steve Young and Trent Dilfer he's not getting the weapons he needs.

I would say the key to the game is to really look at what Miami did to NE which is a blueprint.  The Patriots will obviously change up a bit, but I think:

1) Establish the run.  You don't beat Bellicheats teams by throwing the ball 50 times.  I am not suggesting starting out slow.  Attack, but keep that running going.

2) Get pressure early on Brady.  This is the hardest part.  Miami had a good, consistent rush.  The Colts need pressure without having to blitz 6.

3) Protect the ball. That is a no brainer.

This is one of the things you can't really believe will happen for a couple of important reasons.  Should the Pats do what the Broncos and Eagles did against the Colts who beat the Colts?  Remember the Colts were 0-2.  Or have the Colts improved then and made adjustments?

Same thing with the Phins/Pats game was the first game of the season where the Pats' O-line was in limbo, it was one of the worst lines in the NFL that couldn't protect Brady.

The Pats' D in that game played a lot of zone and they didn't use Revis at press coverage too much.

The Pats didn't have Browner, Tyms or Wright.

LaFell wasn't much a factor as they were still relying on an offense where Dobson and Thompkins were their WR's.  I forget if Thompkins played in that game or not but he was still on the roster.  He's been traded to the Raiders and Dobson doesn't play much anymore.

This Pats team is a much different team from the Cincy game and onwards.  They've established a successful dominant 2-tight end set and effective WR's.

I think the Colts best bet is to do at home what they did in Pitt.  Launch it down field and have Luck scramble.  A high tempo high energy pass attack.  Don't take your foot off the gas and keep the Pats on their heels.

The Pats aren't unstoppable.  And not one Pats. fan said that.  The Pats' secondary is the best secondary they've had since 2003-04.

And not one colts fan has said a lot of the crap you've been spewing.  :puke:

The Colts' D as of now and especially their LB's can't stop even average TE's.  So it's not arrogant at all or unrealistic to say that Gronk and Wright will have success against the Colts' D.  Gronk had a field day against TJ Ward.

I haven't really seen any Colt fan refute that.  a couple of people have suggested putting Davis on Gronk in hopes of at least somewhat containing him, but you twisted their words (which is really all you have done) to say that putting Davis on Gronk will shut him down.  

Brady should have a 3 to 4 td game as should Luck.  Don't you think?

How is Luck going to throw 3-4 Tds when the awesome Patriot secondary is going to take away every talented skill player the colts have?  Why isn't Brady going to throw for 10 Tds against the trash that is the colt secondary, especially since the colts won't get even close to getting through the impenetrable fortress that is the patriots OL?

Luck has a history of throwing too many INT's.  I think it's safe to say Luck could have 1 to 2 INT's in this game.  Brady could too.  But it's realistic to say the odds are Luck will throw more INT's than Brady will.

you make Luck sound like an INT machine..in fact I believe you used those exact words in at least one thread.  He has been far better than most Qbs in their first 3 years.  Yes, he has thrown more this year than last year but they're also throwing a lot more this year than they did last year.  However, I do agree with the last part, simply by historical tendencies (plus the fact that Luck is midway through his 3rd year, not his 15th year) that the odds are more likely that Luck throws more INTs than Brady.  However, there is no certainty that Luck with throw even one INT even though a few of you pats fans think that it is a certainty.

I've predicted the Colts to win this game.  What I have been doing is making the case for why the Colts might not win and all the possibilities that come into play.  That's where Colts fans get extremely defensive and can't handle a Pats fan who calls out the Colts team.

that is nothing more than absolute nonsense.  

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the patriot secondary is going to shut down every colt WR, and the marginally talented TEs and RBs cannot carry the team.  

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the patriot defense all but shut down the broncos offense so they should and will have no problem doing the same to the colt offense.

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the colt defense has a secondary filled with vontae and a bunch of scrubs, and the front 7 has no chance of creating any pressure on Brady.

and then in one post you said you were predicting the colts to win, which in my opinion was nothing more than an attempt to make you look slightly less like the obnoxious troll that you clearly are.  :thmup:

And not one colts fan has said a lot of the crap you've been spewing.  :puke:

I haven't really seen any Colt fan refute that.  a couple of people have suggested putting Davis on Gronk in hopes of at least somewhat containing him, but you twisted their words (which is really all you have done) to say that putting Davis on Gronk will shut him down.  

How is Luck going to throw 3-4 Tds when the awesome Patriot secondary is going to take away every talented skill player the colts have?  Why isn't Brady going to throw for 10 Tds against the trash that is the colt secondary, especially since the colts won't get even close to getting through the impenetrable fortress that is the patriots OL?

you make Luck sound like an INT machine..in fact I believe you used those exact words in at least one thread.  He has been far better than most Qbs in their first 3 years.  Yes, he has thrown more this year than last year but they're also throwing a lot more this year than they did last year.  However, I do agree with the last part, simply by historical tendencies (plus the fact that Luck is midway through his 3rd year, not his 15th year) that the odds are more likely that Luck throws more INTs than Brady.  However, there is no certainty that Luck with throw even one INT even though a few of you pats fans think that it is a certainty.

that is nothing more than absolute nonsense.  

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the patriot secondary is going to shut down every colt WR, and the marginally talented TEs and RBs cannot carry the team.  

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the patriot defense all but shut down the broncos offense so they should and will have no problem doing the same to the colt offense.

You've taken every opportunity to talk about how the colt defense has a secondary filled with vontae and a bunch of scrubs, and the front 7 has no chance of creating any pressure on Brady.

and then in one post you said you were predicting the colts to win, which in my opinion was nothing more than an attempt to make you look slightly less like the obnoxious troll that you clearly are.  :thmup:

You take this chat too seriously.  For you to take the time to sit there and type all that out.  I didn't even read it.  lol

Colts got 51 put up on them 2 weeks ago and beat a Giants team with no weapons that gave up at half time.  Giants still looked average against that loaded Colts team.

Not one Colts fan has been able to say how they will put pressure on Brady.  The Broncos' d-line is much better than the Colts' d-line and DeMarcus Ware was shut down.

Or how to stop Gronk.  They're atrocious at covering TE's.

The problem is Colts fans tend to overrate their team.  It's all the fantasy junk points they put up in the regular season.

You take this chat too seriously.  For you to take the time to sit there and type all that out.  I didn't even read it.  lol

Colts got 51 put up on them 2 weeks ago and beat a Giants team with no weapons that gave up at half time.  Giants still looked average against that loaded Colts team.

Not one Colts fan has been able to say how they will put pressure on Brady.  The Broncos' d-line is much better than the Colts' d-line and DeMarcus Ware was shut down.

Or how to stop Gronk.  They're atrocious at covering TE's.

The problem is Colts fans tend to overrate their team.  It's all the fantasy junk points they put up in the regular season.

nah, I think you did read it..you're just not going to acknowledge that you did because it makes you look stupid. ;)  but then again pretty much any reply to you from any member on this site has made you look stupid.  and for me to take the time to sit there and type all that out?  it literally took less than 3 minutes to type that. ;)

It's all the fantasy junk points they put up in the regular season.

you mean like literally everything the Patriots have done since 2005? ;)

According to some here. It's all been a big lie and myth over the years. The Pats are the most overrated team. Gronk never gets touched, no one has ever been physical with him. Brady can't take any pressure at all.

TY will run circles around the Patriots secondary. The Colts have the best run game that can't be stopped. Landry will knock out unconscious all the pats receivers. The Cols D-line will be all over Brady all night.

Vonte Davis is the greatest corner in the NFL and Brady better not throw in his direction.

From reading these comments from Colts' fans I get the sense the Colts are 9-0 with a shut down D. But they started the season 0-2 and got smoked by Pitt, even though Pitt just lost to the Jets.

Most of what you posted has not been said. Other than Vontae is great, the rest of your post is untrue.

To calm you overly sensitive Colts' fans down.  38-34 Colts win.

This is what happens when a fan base hasn't had a rivalry till the 21st century.

we're not overly sensitive.  we just don't like mindless hyperbolic drivel clogging up our forums ;)  If you'd like to actually discuss and debate, please see how some of your fellow pats fans do it.  

On the contrary, I argued in a "NFL General" thread last week that the Colts should be pulling for the Patriots against the Broncos, since Indy had already lost to Denver and would lose that tie-breaker come seeding time. Getting HFA in the playoffs is huge. I don't want the Patriots to have to go to Denver or Indy in December. 

I think in all honesty you and Supes are the ones missing the point here. I made some sarcastic posts about the weather, which was no more than a "2" on a scale of 1-to-10 a week ago Sunday. Then I started getting the eye-rolling "Dear God" posts from you guys. 

In fairness, previous posts cite the weather as a factor in the kicking game (probably one instance), game strategy (which seems like a total stretch to me), and the Patriots deciding to defer on the opening kickoff (which they do almost every time they win the toss, indoors or out, bad weather or good). 

I'm not making that up. 

This is pointless...

No.

You got eye rolls because you were arguing against a straw man, and it's annoying to have one's argument misrepresented. Especially by people that usually don't respond that way. There's another Pats poster in this thread that has clearly been trolling; nothing he posts surprises me. But you take "the wind was a factor" and turn it into "the weather was so bad, no wonder the Pats won." It's a complete misrepresentation, and it continues in this post. It shouldn't be a surprise that that kind of sarcasm is greeted with eye rolls.

My point was simply that the Pats have an obvious home field advantage. For whatever reason, that was treated like a derogatory statement, as if I was undermining how good the Pats are. I am not pretending that the weather decided the game last week. I simply said that it had an impact, and AM continues to pretend that it didn't. I didn't say anything about a blizzard, I didn't act like the game was played in gale force winds, etc. I only said that the weather had an impact.

Didn't it? If you think the wind was a factor on one kick, isn't that impact? (The previous week, Robbie Gould told Pam Oliver that the wind blows hardest in the south end of the stadium; isn't that the end where the missed kick was?) Belichick almost always defers, but he gets to choose the direction. Did the wind have any impact on his decision about which way to face? If so, isn't that impact? (Again, against the Bears, Pats won the kickoff, deferred, and put the Bears into the wind. There's no strategy behind that?) 

And in context, my point is that, in LOS, those minor things that help the Pats at times won't come into play. Like Flying Elvis said, the Pats have the best home winning percentage of the last ten years. Some think that's irrelevant. I don't. Again, the Pats are still a great team, but away from Gillette, they aren't quite as dominant. I don't understand how that's taken as a slight, or why it needs to be twisted into something more than what it is.

I say "Luck should play better since the game isn't in Gillette," and Pats fans act like I said their team sucks in away games, and we're going to rip them to shreds in LOS. Yet, you and others readily acknowledge that you'd rather play in Gillette in the playoffs. That's ironic.

No.

You got eye rolls because you were arguing against a straw man, and it's annoying to have one's argument misrepresented. Especially by people that usually don't respond that way. There's another Pats poster in this thread that has clearly been trolling; nothing he posts surprises me. But you take "the wind was a factor" and turn it into "the weather was so bad, no wonder the Pats won." It's a complete misrepresentation, and it continues in this post. It shouldn't be a surprise that that kind of sarcasm is greeted with eye rolls.

My point was simply that the Pats have an obvious home field advantage. For whatever reason, that was treated like a derogatory statement, as if I was undermining how good the Pats are. I am not pretending that the weather decided the game last week. I simply said that it had an impact, and AM continues to pretend that it didn't. I didn't say anything about a blizzard, I didn't act like the game was played in gale force winds, etc. I only said that the weather had an impact.

Didn't it? If you think the wind was a factor on one kick, isn't that impact? (The previous week, Robbie Gould told Pam Oliver that the wind blows hardest in the south end of the stadium; isn't that the end where the missed kick was?) Belichick almost always defers, but he gets to choose the direction. Did the wind have any impact on his decision about which way to face? If so, isn't that impact? (Again, against the Bears, Pats won the kickoff, deferred, and put the Bears into the wind. There's no strategy behind that?) 

And in context, my point is that, in LOS, those minor things that help the Pats at times won't come into play. Like Flying Elvis said, the Pats have the best home winning percentage of the last ten years. Some think that's irrelevant. I don't. Again, the Pats are still a great team, but away from Gillette, they aren't quite as dominant. I don't understand how that's taken as a slight, or why it needs to be twisted into something more than what it is.

I say "Luck should play better since the game isn't in Gillette," and Pats fans act like I said their team sucks in away games, and we're going to rip them to shreds in LOS. Yet, you and others readily acknowledge that you'd rather play in Gillette in the playoffs. That's ironic.

I'm baffled. All I really did in this thread was add a sarcastic comment about surviving the Great Blizzard of November in response to exaggerated claims about the weather on 11/2 ("snowed all night," "blanket of snow on the field," etc). And I shared an opinion that I didn't think weather had much of an impact on the game. Apparently that's my bad, even though I live less than 30 miles from Foxboro and, you know, watched the game just like you guys. 

This is already the dumbest message board conversation I've ever been a part of. Let's not make it any worse.

No irony from me. Pats have a great homefield advantage. 

I'm baffled. All I really did in this thread was add a sarcastic comment about surviving the Great Blizzard of November in response to exaggerated claims about the weather on 11/2 ("snowed all night," "blanket of snow on the field," etc). And I shared an opinion that I didn't think weather had much of an impact on the game. Apparently that's my bad, even though I live less than 30 miles from Foxboro and, you know, watched the game just like you guys. 

This is already the dumbest message board conversation I've ever been a part of. Let's not make it any worse.

No irony from me. Pats have a great homefield advantage

In making your sarcastic remark, you joined in misrepresenting my point.

I saw a blanket of snow on the field. I understand that it wasn't as bad as it can get, but saying the field was covered in snow isn't an exaggeration. 

bos_gill3_cr_600x400.jpg

And you living 30 miles from Foxboro is great and all, but has nothing to do with whether the weather had an impact on the game. 

In context, the bolded is all I was saying. Luck threw 7 picks in two games in Foxboro. Those games being in Foxboro likely had an impact. Some have basically penciled him in for 2 or 3 picks in this game, which I think is silly.

I saw a blanket of snow on the field. I understand that it wasn't as bad as it can get, but saying the field was covered in snow isn't an exaggeration. 

bos_gill3_cr_600x400.jpg

And you living 30 miles from Foxboro is great and all, but has nothing to do with whether the weather had an impact on the game. 

In context, the bolded is all I was saying. Luck threw 7 picks in two games in Foxboro. Those games being in Foxboro likely had an impact. Some have basically penciled him in for 2 or 3 picks in this game, which I think is silly.

Kudos for sticking with this... you're very patient and level headed in explaining your position/opinon. Good job to you and Go Pats for keeping it civil :)

Again, Landry is pretty bad in coverage, he really can't cover. And what games does he consistently nail people the way Bernard Pollard did? TJ Ward is a far superior safety who couldn't handle Gronk even taking dirty cheap shorts at his legs going low.

Talib couldn't cover Gronk.

Colts fans are the only fan base who think no other team has gotten physical with Gronk and they just let him run free and no on touches him.

Put Davis on Gronk, he's the only guy in the Colts' secondary really worth a damn. The Colts' secondary has no depth and will be exposed as they do by good QB's that actually have a good receiving core.

Yea our DB's suck, just Darius Butler who's even good in the nickel for 2 years now and Greg Toler who has been one of the top #2's in the league when healthy... Oh and that Davis guy arguably the top corner in the league.... Yea but outside of that we suck

Yea our DB's suck, just Darius Butler who's even good in the nickel for 2 years now and Greg Toler who has been one of the top #2's in the league when healthy... Oh and that Davis guy arguably the top corner in the league.... Yea but outside of that we suck

I am  not a huge fan of Toler.  We have the CBs but not the LBs and safeties. We need to get pressure up front early and often to help out the back end.

bos_gill3_cr_600x400.jpg

I would say the Pats defense and Bill had the most to do with Luck's picks vs Foxboro. The weather was not bad for either game he played there the last two years. He has to be better. Period. I certainly do not anticipate him turning over the ball as much as he did the other games but this secondary is much better than the previous two Patriot games. Still, I like some of our match ups given our offensive weapons. Patience is key for Luck and not forcing anything.

That's a different story. That's your opinion. You previously stated it as fact. And I think compelling arguments can be made for Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham and Calvin Johnson as more dangerous offensive weapons.

Nitpick. Gronk is obviously a very lethal weapon.

Gronk scores more TDs per game than those three. To me, that makes him the most lethal player in the NFL.

:shrug: I'd take those other two up there, though.

I would say the Pats defense and Bill had the most to do with Luck's picks vs Foxboro. The weather was not bad for either game he played there the last two years. He has to be better. Period. I certainly do not anticipate him turning over the ball as much as he did the other games but this secondary is much better than the previous two Patriot games. Still, I like some of our match ups given our offensive weapons. Patience is key for Luck and not forcing anything.

I never said Luck threw those picks because of the weather. I never even insinuated it. The Pats home field advantage has to do with more than just the weather.

I expect Luck to take better care of the football. He might turn the ball over. My only point is that it's presumptuous to pretend that turnovers from Luck are going to somehow be automatic, simply because he turned the ball over in previous games.

I never said Luck threw those picks because of the weather. I never even insinuated it. The Pats home field advantage has to do with more than just the weather.

I expect Luck to take better care of the football. He might turn the ball over. My only point is that it's presumptuous to pretend that turnovers from Luck are going to somehow be automatic, simply because he turned the ball over in previous games.

I am not sure I follow. If it is not the weather, what is it exactly? The stadium? The fans?

I ask because I believe Luck is one of the most mentally tough young QBs in the game. I don't believe playing on the road spooks him in the least bit. He knew when he stepped aboard that this franchise was on his shoulders and he has responded accordingly. He has been turn over prone and much of that is due to his inexperience and desire to get the ball down field. At times he makes poor decisions and that plays right into the hands of a coach like Belichick who has made a career of preying on young QBs and their tendencies. I do believe Luck will play better, smarter on Sunday but that has nothing due to with venue but his maturity as a QB in year three and understanding how the Patriots have played him in the past. 

I am not sure I follow. If it is not the weather, what is it exactly? The stadium? The fans?

I ask because I believe Luck is one of the most mentally tough young QBs in the game. I don't believe playing on the road spooks him in the least bit. He knew when he stepped aboard that this franchise was on his shoulders and he has responded accordingly. He has been turn over prone and much of that is due to his inexperience and desire to get the ball down field. At times he makes poor decisions and that plays right into the hands of a coach like Belichick who has made a career of preying on young QBs and their tendencies. I do believe Luck will play better, smarter on Sunday but that has nothing due to with venue but his maturity as a QB in year three and understanding how the Patriots have played him in the past. 

Home field advantage is real, and it's not limited to weather. If you need an explanation of what it is and what kind of impact it has, you'll have to do that research on your own.

To the bolded, that had nothing to do with Luck's interceptions last year. Two of them were on short passes, as a matter of fact, and the third, he seemed to misread the coverage of the linebacker. He wasn't just taking risky shots with the football. 

The formula for beating the Pats has not changed since the Giants beat you in the SB: you have to hit Brady all night long - he too gets a look in his eye when he's getting hit a lot.  Thats when the pretty boy in him comes out.  Miami and KC both knocked him around.  In this regard he's not like Luck who you can hit all day long and he keeps chucking it.

Wow, i don't know what games you're all watching... seems the SB Champion Giants COMPLETELY disagree with your assessment of Brady.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/03/justin-tuck-on-challenges-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

Dan asked the toughest quarterback he’s played against. “I would probably have to say [Tom] Brady,” Tuck said. “I have a true respect for him, because I’ve played against him in those situations.”

Just listen to the show in that link.. and there are other quotes from other Giant's players that say Brady is one of the toughest guys they've EVER played against.

Yea, "pretty boy"...  Wow...

I have read most of your posts in this thread and while I understand a Pats fan feeling confident about your team, it seems as if you give Indy no chance to win this game which is nonsense.  The Colts are not showing up for a gun fight with a knife.  They have a few bullets of their own - some damn good ones.

I said the Pats next losses would be @Colts and @Jets

Home field advantage is real, and it's not limited to weather. If you need an explanation of what it is and what kind of impact it has, you'll have to do that research on your own.

To the bolded, that had nothing to do with Luck's interceptions last year. Two of them were on short passes, as a matter of fact, and the third, he seemed to misread the coverage of the linebacker. He wasn't just taking risky shots with the football. 

You are the one making a case for home filed advantage having an effect on Luck's turnovers when he plays NE so really you are the one that needs to support that claim. I am trying to understand exactly what you believe home field advantage had to do with Luck's interceptions. To your point about the throws not being risky would further support the fact that he did not play well due to the Patriots defense/schemes and perhaps inexperience. To date he has thrown 5 picks on the road and 4 at home. It is not like he is this different QB at home vs the road in terms of his turnovers. 

You are the one making a case for home filed advantage having an effect on Luck's turnovers when he plays NE so really you are the one that needs to support that claim. I am trying to understand exactly what you believe home field advantage had to do with Luck's interceptions. To your point about the throws not being risky would further support the fact that he did not play well due to the Patriots defense/schemes and perhaps inexperience. To date he has thrown 5 picks on the road and 4 at home. It is not like he is this different QB at home vs the road in terms of his turnovers. 

I don't know what's so hard to understand about "the Pats have the best home field advantage in the AFC." Your previous post read as if you don't really believe in home field advantage in the first place.

And again, I'm not placing all of the blame on the game being in Gillette. Part of the reason Luck threw those picks was inexperience, another part was playing a good, well coached defense. But part of it has to do with those games being played in one of the toughest venues in the NFL.

I don't really think either of those claims need to be supported. They're common sense. 

Bill Belichick has the best secondary that he has had since the days of Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Otis Smith and etc.. and now with top corners on the outside to match and a deep cornerback poole he can mix and match, and design and scheme at will while Rob Ninkovich can be used as a spy.. either him or Jamie Collins.. Luck has to be careful in this game.. He'll see alot of stuff post snap that will trick him and throw him off. 

That's one metric. I think the production and greater explosiveness of the other two is more lethal. 

Jimmy Graham has been more healthy than Gronk, thats the only difference.. When Gronk is healthy like he is now, no tightend produces more and I have the numbers to prove that he is the most lethal offensive weapon in football thats not a quarterback

18 pages of this lol.

The way to stop the Pats is to line up and smack them in the mouth. Pressure Brady up the middle and take Gronk away. Play aggressive physical Colts football.

I don't think this will be a close game. They can not stop our offense. And our D is awesome at home.

You are dumb for saying this.. they kept Peyton out of the endzone and have 7 picks on Luck over his career .. why the heck would you say something like this?  And I think Talib, Ware, Miller, Trevathan, Potroast, TJ Ward and those guys are better than your defensive guys.. just saying.. your corners have been playing good but Antonio Brown did work.. if he can, then so can Gronk, Edelman and LaFell.. and that was with Ben throwing the ball.. this is Tom Brady.. the best stats the last 5 games for a QB in football

So Toler and Butler are Revis, Sherman, Peterson, Grimes, Haden, Browner, Talib.. etc.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about "the Pats have the best home field advantage in the AFC." Your previous post read as if you don't really believe in home field advantage in the first place.

And again, I'm not placing all of the blame on the game being in Gillette. Part of the reason Luck threw those picks was inexperience, another part was playing a good, well coached defense. But part of it has to do with those games being played in one of the toughest venues in the NFL.

I don't really think either of those claims need to be supported. They're common sense. 

Ok, I get where you are coming from. It is not that I don't believe in home field advantage, it is just that I have never seen it used as a reason, or partial reason, why a QB would throw seven INTs in two games. The biggest advantage the Patriots generally have in Foxboro is the weather and that has not been a factor in the two games Luck has played there. I am not saying playing on the road, or in Foxboro especially is easy but I give more of the credit to the Patriots and some blame of course on Luck for those mistakes than the venue. Luck is a mentally tough player, the toughest young QB along with Wilson in my mind. I don't think playing the Patriots on the road had that much of an effect on him throwing those picks. I would say more inexperience and also the pressure of having to stay with the Patriots as well. Both games the Patriots put up a lot of points and that forces the opposing QB, especially a young QB to make mistakes.

In terms of this game, my hope is that our O starts out fast. We can't begin like we did vs Denver. We have to start fast not have mistakes like we did early in the playoff game in NE and then stay consistent. I am anxious to see the type of game Luck has. This game is #3 so he is familiar with Bill a little bit now and he has the best offense he has had when facing NE and of course they have an improved defense as well. This could be one of the best football games of the season. I am hoping so anyways with a Colts victory at the end.

Ok, I get where you are coming from. It is not that I don't believe in home field advantage, it is just that I have never seen it used as a reason, or partial reason, why a QB would throw seven INTs in two games.

In general, QBs throw more interceptions on the road. And road QBs in general throw more interceptions in Gillette. There's no reason that phenomenon wouldn't apply to Andrew Luck. Of course he's mentally tough, but that doesn't mean it's not harder to play a road game in Gillette.

So Toler and Butler are Revis, Sherman, Peterson, Grimes, Haden, Browner, Talib.. etc.

Ok I guess Football Knowledge does not equal reading comprehension.  BlueCollarColts VERY CLEARLY said that Butler is one of the better Nickel CB's and Toler has been a very good #2 CB.  Then you turn around and compare those 2 guys to the best #1 CBs in the league (oh you did squeeze Browner in there) to try to prove him wrong.  Well done  :thmup:

If I say Matt Hasselbeck is one of the best backup QBs are you going to compare him to Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Luck etc?

You are dumb for saying this.. they kept Peyton out of the endzone and have 7 picks on Luck over his career .. why the heck would you say something like this?  And I think Talib, Ware, Miller, Trevathan, Potroast, TJ Ward and those guys are better than your defensive guys.. just saying.. your corners have been playing good but Antonio Brown did work.. if he can, then so can Gronk, Edelman and LaFell.. and that was with Ben throwing the ball.. this is Tom Brady.. the best stats the last 5 games for a QB in football

You think I am dumb for saying that.  lol   Have you read anything you have written lately??? 

.You forgot the first part of your user name when you signed in         Lacking in Football Knowledge

If you think that NE will keep Luck and Co. out of the endzone you are delusional.

You are dumb for saying this (no need at all for this comment).. they kept Peyton out of the endzone (did Peyton not throw 2 TDs?  Was that a different game?) and have 7 picks on Luck over his career (7 picks of Luck in Gillette, this is in Indy...that will make some difference).. why the heck would you say something like this?  And I think Talib, Ware, Miller, Trevathan, Potroast, TJ Ward and those guys are better than your defensive guys.. just saying.. your corners have been playing good but Antonio Brown did work.(once Davis went out...Davis is 100% for the NE game). if he can, then so can Gronk, Edelman and LaFell..(wait, because one guy from Pitt made plays that means 3 guys from NE will be able to?) and that was with Ben throwing the ball.. this is Tom Brady.. the best stats the last 5 games for a QB in football

also, Talib vs. Davis is at least a wash.  I don't see Talib as being significantly better than Davis in any way

Ware/Miller are better than Werner/Newsome/Walden but I like our interior DL much better with Redding, RJF, Jones (hopefully back), Kerr and Hughes.  all guys that can push the middle of the pocket which is one of the best ways to throw QBs like Peyton and Tom out of rhythm.

Not sure I can rate Trevathan vs. Freeman but instinct says there's not a significant difference.  Could be wrong though

I'll give you TJ Ward over any of our safeties though.