Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leshoure visiting Colts...

Indeee

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always liked him in Detroit and I think he didn't get a fair shake. He can run and catch pretty well. Im not convinced Trich is here next year and bradshaws age and health. This is why you sign him. Hes 24 or 25.. Give him a legit shot

Why? He won't see the field unless their is an injury.

i like leshoure as a great depth RB who we could start with confidance if bradshaw gets injured as a 1 2 punch with richardson and could move up the depth chart if other RB's struggle although i think Trent will improve but i think he's a talented runner cant have enough good depth with our injury history

i like leshoure as a great depth RB who we could start with confidance if bradshaw gets injured as a 1 2 punch with richardson and could move up the depth chart if other RB's struggle although i think Trent will improve but i think he's a talented runner cant have enough good depth with our injury history

we have four backs on the team as is

dump tipton and herron. Leshoure is better than those two knuckleheads

Not true. While i think your right that Leshoure may have an edge i think they're all solid RB's if he's signed i won't understand at all why media drones will call it a weak position. Our run game can never get anywhere because the O-Line never gets a decent hole to open up. Although i prey that i'm right when i say i think our O-Line will improve this year

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that former Lions second-round pick RB Mikel Leshoure is scheduled to visit with the Colts. Leshoure, 24, was entering the final year of his rookie contract and would have made $645,000 for the 2014 season before he was waived by the Lions last weekend. This is the first reported interest in Leshoure since he became available, so we’ll have to see how things go with the Colts in the coming days. In 2013, he appeared in just three games and totaled only two carries for nine yards. The year before that Leshoure ran for 798 yards on 215 carries (3.7 YPC) and scored nine touchdowns. The post Former Lions RB Mikel Leshoure Scheduled To Visit With The Colts appeared first on NFL Trade Rumors -.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/former_lions_rb_mikel_leshoure_scheduled_to_visit_with_the_colts/17206523?linksrc=story_article_yb_original_head_17206523

We got 4 now

Richardson

Bradshaw

Herron

Tipton

So he'll be replacing someone if we sign him cause doubt we carrying 5 RB's

He won't be signed unless the staff decides to carry 4 running backs. Which would send Tipton to the PS.

It's easy to see the Colts are carrying 4 RB's right now, all you have to do is look at the roster. There's a reason rosters are different at the end of the season than at the beginning TK. If the FO decides to sign Leshoure it means they are committed to carrying 4 RB's this season, they won't cut Boom for good reason. There's no chance they carry 5 RB's, that's obvious. That's why I'll say it again. They will only sign Leshoure if they are actually committed to carrying 4 RB's, no reason to waist time and money signing a guy without that commitment. Don't know how many did think, but I had no belief Tipton would be on the active roster the whole season.

I would like to give him a shot with Bradshaws history especially the neck.  I agree that he would replace Tipton. When given a chance in Detroit he did alright not mind bending but any player that improves our roster is worth a flyer at the right price.  I trust that our staff will make the right decision.

I would like to give him a shot with Bradshaws history especially the neck.  I agree that he would replace Tipton. When given a chance in Detroit he did alright not mind bending but any player that improves our roster is worth a flyer at the right price.  I trust that our staff will make the right decision.

love the name,hate the patriots....alot

Leshoure is all talk.  He wants to ball but doesn't do anything when he has it and can stay injury free long enough to see if he can change it.

Like dgambill stated, it doesn't hurt to look but I don't see Leshoure as an upgrade over Herron and questionable whether he brings anything more than Tipton

Bradshaws injury history is a bit over stated. I understand he missed most of last year but he's been pretty durable otherwise:

2007 12 games (rookie year)

2008 15 games

2009 15 games

2010 16 games

2011 12 games

2012 14 games

2013 3 games

He's also only 28 years old. If he misses a lot of time this year then, yeah, it's a fair complaint.

I'm kind of surprised that Tipton is still on the roster.  Bradshaw must not be 100%, that's the only thing that makes sense. 

Got to give it to Grigson, he's always trying to improve the bottom of the roster.  But I'm not sure this would be an improvement.

Maybe I'm missing something here but just why exactly is everyone singing LeShoure's praises on here? The guy has played 17 games in 3 seasons. He dressed for a total of 3 games last season. He has had character issues and one sub par season, but everyone wants him on the team? If he could contribute Detroit would have kept him. Josh Gordon gets killed on this board but a player like LeShoure is drooled over? I don't get it.

Bradshaws injury history is a bit over stated. I understand he missed most of last year but he's been pretty durable otherwise:

2007 12 games (rookie year)

2008 15 games

2009 15 games

2010 16 games

2011 12 games

2012 14 games

2013 3 games

He's also only 28 years old. If he misses a lot of time this year then, yeah, it's a fair complaint.

I know the stats the point is he has only played one full season in his career, he was always injured as a Giant but showed up on game day and as we all know and boy do I know the older you get the easier it is to get dinged and longer to heal.  I am a huge fan of Bradshaw have watched him since he was a rookie ( my wife and one of my best friends are giants fans ) I hope he stays healthy because he can do it all on the field.  All that to say we have a very uncertain backfield and looking at a guy like Leshoure is good due diligence and he could possibly help us we see it all the time a change of scenery of course we also see it backfire but I would suspect he would be cheap enough that we dont really have much if anything to lose.

Maybe I'm missing something here but just why exactly is everyone singing LeShoure's praises on here? The guy has played 17 games in 3 seasons. He dressed for a total of 3 games last season. He has had character issues and one sub par season, but everyone wants him on the team? If he could contribute Detroit would have kept him. Josh Gordon gets killed on this board but a player like LeShoure is drooled over? I don't get it.

I would suggest to read the thread.  Not everyone is singing his praises or drooling over him or wants him on the team.

Thank the football gods, I have lobbied for this ever since he was released. Colts need to sign this guy and give him a real chance..

:clap:  :thmup:  :disco:

Liked what i saw from him when he was with the Lions, He's a hard nosed runner between the tackles. managed 700 yards and 9 TDS in 2013 in a pass heavy offense.