Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 7th in First ESPN Power Rankings of the Year....

NewColtsFan

Such superficial analysis:

Second-round tackle Jack Mewhort and seventh-round tackle Ulrick John are the only additions to an offensive line that lost three 300-snap linemen and ranked 21st in pass protection last year.

Way to completely ignore the return/development of Thomas, Thornton, and Holmes.  Just because those guys are the only additions, doesn't mean we can't drastically improve

Way to completely ignore the return/development of Thomas, Thornton, and Holmes. Just because those guys are the only additions, doesn't mean we can't drastically improve

Plus the guys we lost all SUCK and are the reason we were 21st in pass protection.

The entire B/R power ranking article is hilariously bad.

With 18 players on injured reserve, a 21st ranked o line, and mish mashed running game, we won 11 games, swept our division, won the division, and won a playoff. Your gonna tell me that with Art Jones, Jackson, and Nicks, and a healthy Reggie, Allen, Ballard, Thomas, and Bradshaw, were WORSE THAN THE JETS!? OK.

They officially have 0 credibility.

With 18 players on injured reserve, a 21st ranked o line, and mish mashed running game, we won 11 games, swept our division, won the division, and won a playoff. Your gonna tell me that with Art Jones, Jackson, and Nicks, and a healthy Reggie, Allen, Ballard, Thomas, and Bradshaw, were WORSE THAN THE JETS!? OK.

They officially have 0 credibility.

Yes I agree with you. I think we can make it to the super bowl this year if the DF picks up and we don't have a lot of injuries?

How and why does anybody think we should be lower?  I think we should be around 5; ahead of GB & NO.  We didn't lose anybody good besides Bethea (which IMO isn't that big of a loss), brought in a bunch of good talent, added yet another season of experience for our young stars, and have returning players that had key injuries all season!!  We beat Denver, Seattle, SF, and (If we didn't have key injuries) beating NE was very possible.  Are the analysts claiming we didn't get better or the teams in front of us just progressed with us?  Anyways The people from B/R need to pass the pipe, because they're a little high (on the ranking of the Colts).

I think ESPN is just about right. When I look for preseason rankings, and where we should be, I look to follow the money. That means Vegas. Look at the win totals they put up for each team, and this is there power rankings. And as it has been said many times, they don't have those huge palatial hotels by not understanding how to set lines. They are usually pretty close. If you use win totals as power rankings via vegas: We are ranked #3 in the AFC, and #7 overall. So ESPN cheated, looked at Vegas and came up with their power rankings. Spot on!

I think so also, and maybe even New England.

I like your WR ranking, except DaRick should be in front of Donte

I think with the new additions this off season we're better than the Patriots but they smacked us in the playoffs so i'll give them that much until we beat them this year!

Thanks! It was a tough decision between Donte and Da'Rick, Da'Rick has a year on Donte, but I think by October Donte is going take that 4th spot.

I think with the new additions this off season we're better than the Patriots but they smacked us in the playoffs so i'll give them that much until we beat them this year!

Thanks! It was a tough decision between Donte and Da'Rick, Da'Rick has a year on Donte, but I think by October Donte is going take that 4th spot.

The final score looked bad against the Pats, but I believe the Colts were only behind 7 or 10 pts going into the 4th.  It really is unfortunate that with all of the talent at the WR position those are the 2 guys that wont get to see the field as much as the guys ahead of them, because you put either on another team I believe they could be solid #2 WR's.

Way to completely ignore the return/development of Thomas, Thornton, and Holmes.  Just because those guys are the only additions, doesn't mean we can't drastically improve

I said the same thing.  They say three 300 snap linemen left...Satele, Linkenbach, and McGlynn.  Apparently, in ESPN's mind, we lost our entire interior OL...the worst interior blocking OL in the league last year.  In further words, the most overpaid-underperforming center and two backups.  Oh God help us.

Who cares, power rankings are stupid, especially power rankings after the draft.  It just shows how stupid the writer really is and how he doesn't pay attention to... what?  The power ranking speak well of the Colts?  Oh.  Well, like I was saying, I've always had a lot of respect for this writer, he's one of the few that actually pays attention to the NFL and seems to be the least biased most fact filled writer.  That's awesome, I'm glad the Colts are finally starting to get some respect.

I think so also, and maybe even New England.

I like your WR ranking, except DaRick should be in front of Donte

New England crushed the Colts in the playoffs, and will have Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gronk, Amendola, Thompkins, Vereen, etc back from injury. Why on Earth would Indy be ahead of NE?

New England crushed the Colts in the playoffs, and will have Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gronk, Amendola, Thompkins, Vereen, etc back from injury. Why on Earth would Indy be ahead of NE?

Because we're better. That's why. 

Oh and FYI.....in that playoff game....Blount beat us, not the Pats. 

And I know you aren't that naive to think Gronk will play an entire season. Come on man. 

Because we're better. That's why. 

Oh and FYI.....in that playoff game....Blount beat us, not the Pats. 

And I know you aren't that naive to think Gronk will play an entire season. Come on man. 

Because it's a freakin' Colts forum.  If you want to be online and read a bunch Patriot boot lickers singing the praises of the Pats then go to a Pats forum (or ESPN which is just another Pats forum).

Lollygagger8... I quoted your post just because I could only like it once.

And really, you are going to play the injured card on a Colts forum.  The Colts will get back:  Wayne, Thomas, Ballard, Allen, Toler, Bradshaw, etc. back from injury.

And the Pats have a QB that is clearly on the decline (2 years in a row without completing 65% of his passes  :woah: )  While the Colts have (at least according the Pats coach) one of the best young Qbs in the game.