Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Says With Manning Out Brady The Best Right Now

thetigerfox

I have not even read the article and I disagree. Eli outplayed Brady Sunday. Brady has proved he is not super great without the great offensive and defensive lines. Have to say that Aaron Rodgers is the greatest right at this moment of all qbs playing and that might even be true if Peyton were active this year. Great qbs must have people around them giving them support. Peyton being out now and the Colts going so terribly downhill, though, shows that Peyton did carry a great deal of the burden on himself. That is what makes him the G.O.A.T.

I think even if manning did play this season, Rogers would have still been considered the better qb this season. The Guy looks unstoppable...Im not a bang wagon person and really not a fan of green bay but I hope for them to have another successful year...but of course if the colts had a chance to go to the bowl Id be all for indy to smash the packers

Green Bay is stacked on offense, so that helps to inflate Aaron Rodgers' numbers some. Their defense has been surprisingly average this year though after dominating last year. They still make plays on defense but they give up more points than they did last year.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Green Bay is stacked on offense, so that helps to inflate Aaron Rodgers' numbers some. Their defense has been surprisingly average this year though after dominating last year. They still make plays on defense but they give up more points than they did last year.

Yeah but returned 2 ITs for 40 + & 50 + yard TDs last week or Packers would of lost and thats what gave them the big lead

Yeah they make plays, but they aren't as good statistically so far this year.

To an extent, I agree. It all depends on how Dom Capers game plans in the playoffs.

Happened with the Patriots last year too. They gave up yards on D last year but Brady did not make mistakes, period, like Rodgers this year and played at a high level throughout. Plus, they thrived on turnovers and red zone play instead of forcing more punts and winning the field position battle. In the playoffs, when the turnovers did not come, and their O was controlled by the Jets, they went down to the Jets.

I see the same pattern with the Packers. I could see a team like the 49ers going to Lambeau field, limiting Rodgers in bad weather (though not shutting him down) and doing just enough on O without turning it over to win a close one in a one game elimination. If the Packers want to run more, the 49ers will shut it down too and by controlling the clock with their own run game, they can keep Rodgers off the field while the Packers' D struggles to get off the field.

Relying on turnovers more and not on winning field position battles is a dangerous game to play, IMO, if your O has a slightly off day.

To an extent, I agree. It all depends on how Dom Capers game plans in the playoffs.

Happened with the Patriots last year too. They gave up yards on D last year but Brady did not make mistakes, period, like Rodgers this year and played at a high level throughout. Plus, they thrived on turnovers and red zone play instead of forcing more punts and winning the field position battle. In the playoffs, when the turnovers did not come, and their O was controlled by the Jets, they went down to the Jets.

I see the same pattern with the Packers. I could see a team like the 49ers going to Lambeau field, limiting Rodgers in bad weather (though not shutting him down) and doing just enough on O without turning it over to win a close one in a one game elimination. If the Packers want to run more, the 49ers will shut it down too and by controlling the clock with their own run game, they can keep Rodgers off the field while the Packers' D struggles to get off the field.

Relying on turnovers more and not on winning field position battles is a dangerous game to play, IMO, if your O has a slightly off day.

Good post and I agree. It is dangerous for a defense to rely on turnovers. If they can shut down the other team and force turnovers, then they will be very good, which is what LSU does.

Ryan has made similar comments before (last year saying that Brady didn't work as hard as Manning and that he's reaped the benefits of having a Hall of Fame coach, which is not inaccurate by any means). If you haven't been paying attention to Jets-Pats since 2009 when Ryan took over, this is what he does. He makes comments intended to get underneath Brady's skin and to play head games with him, along with the rest of the NE team. I'm not suggesting he's not being sincere... he may well be. That could be his true opinion, I don't know. But if you think that statement wasn't made with an ulterior motive, I'd like to sell you a bridge.

Ryan has made similar comments before (last year saying that Brady didn't work as hard as Manning and that he's reaped the benefits of having a Hall of Fame coach, which is not inaccurate by any means). If you haven't been paying attention to Jets-Pats since 2009 when Ryan took over, this is what he does. He makes comments intended to get underneath Brady's skin and to play head games with him, along with the rest of the NE team. I'm not suggesting he's not being sincere... he may well be. That could be his true opinion, I don't know. But if you think that statement wasn't made with an ulterior motive, I'd like to sell you a bridge.

I'll take a suspension bridge please! :)

You nailed it GP. Rex is a goof. Rodgers is a quality QB alright, but he needs a few more seasons of briliance to get any where near 18-12. I'm fed up with his overrtures.....ps sent you a pm.....

You nailed it GP. Rex is a goof. Rodgers is a quality QB alright, but he needs a few more seasons of briliance to get any where near 18-12. I'm fed up with his overrtures.....ps sent you a pm.....

Which is what makes this story so thoroughly amusing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rex-Ryan-will-play-Patriots-fan-in-upcoming-Adam?urn=nfl-wp11109

Rex portraying a rabid Patriots fan? With a Brady poster on the wall and a Belichick bobblehead on his desk?

I believe this is one of the signs of the apocalypse...

Im personally not a Rodgers fan. He has had two good years. Manning and Brady are the two best quarter backs of the last decade. I put Manning over Brady, but in no way Rodgers even comes close. He is what I like to call the flavor of the month. Mannings out, the whole Manning Brady debate is on the back burner for all the analysist. Rex is a double edged sword. He has great moments. And not so great.

Im personally not a Rodgers fan. He has had two good years. Manning and Brady are the two best quarter backs of the last decade. I put Manning over Brady, but in no way Rodgers even comes close. He is what I like to call the flavor of the month. Mannings out, the whole Manning Brady debate is on the back burner for all the analysist. Rex is a double edged sword. He has great moments. And not so great.

Agree. Cept if I remember correctly Rodgers was very average last year till playoffs. I could be wrong though

Agree. Cept if I remember correctly Rodgers was very average last year till playoffs. I could be wrong though

I think average is a little strong. I'd say above average with a very nice 101 passer rating (largely due to yards after catch) and good accuracy at 65%. However, your main point is correct. The defense carried that football team.

Aaron Rodgers (first 3 years of career)

1003 Comp. 1552 Att. 64.6% 12394yds 86tds 31ints 99.4rating

Peyton Manning 02-04 ( 4 years into career, Record breaking season included)

1107 Comp. 1654 Att. 66.9 13024yds 105tds 39ints 102.96

I think 18 and Rodgers are closer than anyone around here would care to admit. This is the midway point between only his 4th season and if anyone is ever going to match Manning, Rodgers is off the the best start.

Obviously career wise Im going 18 or TB, but if your asking me right now, who is the best QB in the NFL. The question is easy its Aaron Rodgers and its not even close.

Aaron Rodgers (first 3 years of career)

1003 Comp. 1552 Att. 64.6% 12394yds 86tds 31ints 99.4rating

Peyton Manning 02-04 ( 4 years into career, Record breaking season included)

1107 Comp. 1654 Att. 66.9 13024yds 105tds 39ints 102.96

I think 18 and Rodgers are closer than anyone around here would care to admit. This is the midway point between only his 4th season and if anyone is ever going to match Manning, Rodgers is off the the best start.

Obviously career wise Im going 18 or TB, but if your asking me right now, who is the best QB in the NFL. The question is easy its Aaron Rodgers and its not even close.

Give Manning that defense and those receivers and get back to me.

And anyway, this is Rodgers 7th season, not his 4th.

Give Manning that defense and those receivers and get back to me.

And anyway, this is Rodgers 7th season, not his 4th.

Did you just throw the 02-04 Colts WR under the bus? Jennings is good. But no way that WR core is better than what Peyton had.

And the def argument doesn't work. Better Def leads to more offensive possessions, but better defense also leads to less passing attempts. If you give Manning the defense, then Rodgers gets the dome Nov/Dec/Jan. Fairs fair.

And it may be Rodgers 7th, but only his 4th starting. Those stats reflect similar times in there careers. Not only that, but Peytons record breaking season really weights the argument. And I didnt include Rodgers rushing #'s which are fairly significant.

Im not saying Rodgers is better by any stretch. But the argument can be made, and the next few years are going to be very interesting.

Here is who Rodgers has faced this year

#18 Saints

#29 Panthers

#15 Bears

#31 Broncos

#12 Falcons

#24 Rams

#28 Vikings

#27 Chargers

4 of the bottom 6 and no one better than mediocre.

And he did exactly what he's supposed to do to them.

72.5% Completion 24 TDs 3Ints 2 Rushing TD's..That is unreal.....