Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Says With Manning Out Brady The Best Right Now

thetigerfox

Give Manning that defense and those receivers and get back to me.

And anyway, this is Rodgers 7th season, not his 4th.

Here is who Rodgers has faced this year

#18 Saints

#29 Panthers

#15 Bears

#31 Broncos

#12 Falcons

#24 Rams

#28 Vikings

#27 Chargers

4 of the bottom 6 and no one better than mediocre.

Wow, someone's got their shorts in a bunch over this. :wink:

Manning had GREAT weapons for most of his career. And the Colts have been in a so-so division for most of Manning's time in the NFL. Let's face it... you had an expansion team and two very up-and-down teams in the AFC South.

No need to be defensive about this topic. If Rodgers is playing well, and he's doing better than well, it has no impact on Manning's legacy or his Hall of Fame career.

Eventually someone better always comes along. Maybe Rodgers is that guy and maybe not. He's got a long way to go.

Not in today's NFL, the refs are really calling bad penalties on big hits on receivers, it's pathetic.

I understand that they are calling more PI and the game is becoming more QB driven, but when you compare Rodgers to his peers, who are all playing the same game, Rodgers is blowing them out of the water. Very similar to what Manning did, circa 02-04.

Dan Marino had the greatest season at QB ever and it wasn't close

he threw for 48 TD's and 5000+ yards in just his 2nd season and we are talking back in what, 1984? Imagine what his numbers would look like if he did it in this decade.

I understand that they are calling more PI and the game is becoming more QB driven, but when you compare Rodgers to his peers, who are all playing the same game, Rodgers is blowing them out of the water. Very similar to what Manning did, circa 02-04.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers is not playing really well right now, I'm saying that his numbers are inflated a little right now.

Ryan has made similar comments before (last year saying that Brady didn't work as hard as Manning and that he's reaped the benefits of having a Hall of Fame coach, which is not inaccurate by any means). If you haven't been paying attention to Jets-Pats since 2009 when Ryan took over, this is what he does. He makes comments intended to get underneath Brady's skin and to play head games with him, along with the rest of the NE team. I'm not suggesting he's not being sincere... he may well be. That could be his true opinion, I don't know. But if you think that statement wasn't made with an ulterior motive, I'd like to sell you a bridge.

This should be pretty obvious. He's just saying this(right before their game with the Pats) to get into Brady's head...he does it every year...it's starting to get old.

I have not even read the article and I disagree. Eli outplayed Brady Sunday. Brady has proved he is not super great without the great offensive and defensive lines. Have to say that Aaron Rodgers is the greatest right at this moment of all qbs playing and that might even be true if Peyton were active this year. Great qbs must have people around them giving them support. Peyton being out now and the Colts going so terribly downhill, though, shows that Peyton did carry a great deal of the burden on himself. That is what makes him the G.O.A.T.

Peyton has been able to win without great people around him; but you are right that this would be a tough year even with Peyton. I think probably a 6-or-7 win team.