Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts looking at Eric Decker.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no. Just draft a receiver early. It gives you time to. Decker would have to be paid soon and it would make re-signing the 2012 guys difficult. At least with a rookie, you can put him on a rookie contract and only have to pay him pocket change for 3 years.

I will say it again. I would not mind having him on the Colts. 

Our WR situation outside of an aging/on the mend Wayne and Hilton is inconsistent and worrisome. We have some kids with potential but they are not very consistent either. Sure, I want to keep Vontae too but if he is demanding too much I am not sure I feel his consistency is there to bank on him long term, if we keep him I hope it is not unreasonable.

Our offense to me seems a lot more fixable right now to become one of the leagues best then our "took a nose dive D" last year after the Denver game. I still think the D will take a little bit of time here to develop more into a consistent unit. The offense with Luck in control could be dangerous with another top WR and a few o line tweaks IMO.

Whatever though.... :yay:  Not that it matters what I think. :D

God I hope this doesn't happen. Throwing money at Decker is a gigantic mistake. This would be a Polian type of move. Sign a mediocre skill player for way too much money and not be able to sign better players at area's that are a true need.

no one is gonna give him Calvin Johnson type money

Some team with tons of cap space might overpay. If he's on the market long enough, he's going to lower his price. With these reports, it looks like we're seriously interested, and giving him what he wants(10 million) is overpaying.

Some team with tons of cap space might overpay. If he's on the market long enough, he's going to lower his price. With these reports, it looks like we're seriously interested, and giving him what he wants(10 million) is overpaying.

that's just his value. Any team will pay that because he's worth it. Keep in mind the cap over the years will go up so 10 million a year contract now is like 7 million in the future

What is everyone's problem with Decker. The guy is talented and if you think he's only a product of Peyton understand he caught 8 tds when his qbs were orton/tebow

You're obviously just looking at the stats, and haven't watched the Broncos play. There was a reason Decker was the fourth option on the Broncos.

Didn't look like a fourth option when Welker got hurt

Obviously he wasn't the fourth when a man in front of you goes down. For all the size Decker has he doesn't use it. If a CB is slightly touching him he tries for a flag instead of catching the ball. He honestly isn't half the catcher compared to DT, Welker, and Orange Julius.

For the type of game where he looks good there is two where he is terrible.

Obviously he wasn't the fourth when a man in front of you goes down. For all the size Decker has he doesn't use it. If a CB is slightly touching him he tries for a flag instead of catching the ball. He honestly isn't half the catcher compared to DT, Welker, and Orange Julius.

And yet he beat the crap out of us