Can Landry be traded?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:facepalm:

Howell had ONE good game

I ONLY liked Landry against the run...and even then...he was lunging way too much late in the season.  He really hurt us.  He made Davis look worse than he should have been...no help.

I had heard he was bad in coverage, but he was excruciatingly bad.

I ONLY liked Landry against the run...and even then...he was lunging way too much late in the season.  He really hurt us.  He made Davis look worse than he should have been...no help.

I had heard he was bad in coverage, but he was excruciatingly bad.

maybe it was all a ploy to get Davis re-signed at a lower price.

Even if we did, I believe we'd still be on the book for his salary

Not to mention Byrd allegedly turned down an offer that would make him the highest paid safety in the league so God knows what he wants to play somewhere.

I say no.

Even if we did, I believe we'd still be on the book for his salary

Not to mention Byrd allegedly turned down an offer that would make him the highest paid safety in the league so God knows what he wants to play somewhere.

I say no.

We would lose $5.25M in Cap money THIS YEAR if we trade him. $3.5M next year. Grigs went all-in on him.

It is reasonable to believe Byrd would take a little less to play for a Team who is going to be in the playoffs and competing for a SB for many years to come.

Mr. Grigson, this is J Byrd, try not to screw it up!

We would lose $5.25M in Cap money THIS YEAR if we trade him. $3.5M next year. Grigs went all-in on him.

It is reasonable to believe Byrd would take a little less to play for a Team who is going to be in the playoffs and competing for a SB for many years to come.

Yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up.

People think he wants more then what the bills offered. Don't ya think he turned it down cause he hates buffalo he has wanted out for like 3 years

But.. but.. but we won 11games two seasons in a row!

That's great and played like garbage in the playoffs tho. We need some key positions on D we can't play with 2 SS and our #2 CB is a cripple. Our interior O line can't stop playoff teams pass rush and we can't run with it either. And you know what big FA they say we're interested in??? Damn Decker!?!?!?

So if we trade a player to another team, we are still taking the player's cap hit?

Doesn't the team that trades for a player take over the contract obligations and the cap hit as well??

Genuinely confused now :/

Your right we sign the mediocre guys and then wonder why we lose

I wonder how we were 22-10 in two seasons.  What does that say for the Raiders and Browns...pitiful for years....as well as JAX?

Gotta watch the cap....no matter how much room we have.

Let me add..the Texan's one year demise...What the ____?

So if we trade a player to another team, we are still taking the player's cap hit?

Doesn't the team that trades for a player take over the contract obligations and the cap hit as well??

Yep. It's why trading Manning would have been nearly impossible because of the cap ramifications.

That's great and played like garbage in the playoffs tho. We need some key positions on D we can't play with 2 SS and our #2 CB is a cripple. Our interior O line can't stop playoff teams pass rush and we can't run with it either. And you know what big FA they say we're interested in??? Damn Decker!?!?!?

My thoughts exactly, i was trying to be sarcastic, since the two 11-win seasons are the main argument for people who make excuses for grigson and/or pagano... but let's not go there ;)

It why they call it a CAP HIT!

If you would like to see how they do it, here ya go.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/26/nfl-salary-cap-explained/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/

I believe just the signing bonus would be on our cap. The year to year salary would be the other teams responsibility.

My thoughts exactly, i was trying to be sarcastic, since the two 11-win seasons are the main argument for people who make excuses for grigson and/or pagano... but let's not go there ;)

I'm completely happy we won all the games we have but we gotta get playmakers to get to that next level and they cost money no matter what

I wonder how we were 22-10 in two seasons. What does that say for the Raiders and Browns...pitiful for years....as well as JAX?

I understand that but when you have a good young team and have the chance to really leap forward I'd do it. Plus I'm not asking for alot of players I'd sign maybe 3 max Asamoah EDS and Byrd

I understand that but when you have a good young team and have the chance to really leap forward I'd do it. Plus I'm not asking for alot of players I'd sign maybe 3 max Asamoah EDS and Byrd

I said 3 too....I think this is the leap forward year.  Think how we could have been with Ballard and Bradshaw healthy...Allen...Wayne all year...it was not meant to be when you have THAT much firepower go down.  And as ugly as it was, we did win a playoff game.

I think we are close to the same page here...just a little off on personnel...which we will know more in 7 days.   :)

I wonder how we were 22-10 in two seasons.  What does that say for the Raiders and Browns...pitiful for years....as well as JAX?

You have to get it thru your thick...

Terribly Soft schedules.

10-2 in our Lame Division with wins over: Minn, Clev, Miami, Buff, Detroit, in 2012.

And in 2013 Oakland for 16 wins-10 come from behind in the 4th that could have been as easily Lost as won, with some uh, well, hmmm, gee, uh, some Lucky wins against Green Bay,SF, Seatt, Denv, and 2x KC. There is 22.

Slaughtered by St.Louis at home 38-8, and AZ 40-11, NE 59-24 on the road.

I`m tellin' ya, You gotta watch your Cap Space bla bla bla bla bla! No kidding! Good grief! Yes, and gee whiz, be carefull who you spend it on WHETHER they are YOUR FA or Somebody else`s. Snooooooooooooz!

Terribly Soft schedules.

10-2 in our Lame Division with wins over: Minn, Clev, Miami, Buff, Detroit, in 2012.

And in 2013 Oakland for 16 wins-10 come from behind in the 4th that could have been as easily Lost as won, with some uh, well, hmmm, gee, uh, some Lucky wins against Green Bay,SF, Seatt, Denv, and 2x KC. There is 22.

I`m tellin' ya, You gotta watch your Cap Space bla bla bla bla bla! No kidding! Good grief! Yes, and gee whiz, be carefull who you spend it on WHETHER they are YOUR FA or Somebody else`s. Snooooooooooooz!

Thick???  ME?? That is a funny one.  A W is a W.  We do not make our schedule.

By the way......

I can  :stir: pretty well as you know...and

therefore I must say.... :pkb:

Terribly Soft schedules.

Still laughing out loud...if you do not watch the cap space you are  :censored2: !!!  You get that in your thick head.

If so, sign Byrd, Start Howell in place of Landry. Secondary improved

I would disagree Howell is NOT better than Landry, im not sure how many games you watched but Landry was one of the better tackling DB's last year. His only knock was staying healthy. Landry is a Box safety if you provide a safety such as Byrd to pair with him i see no sense in replacing Landry with Howell. 

Before everyone hates on Landry remember that without him we could have been very easily a 9-7 team. Yes he missed some plays but he also mad some game saving plays especially early in the season, that can really determine the outcome of a season. IMO let Bethea walk and pair Landry up with a good cover safety like Byrd or somebody else that hopefully Grigs will bring in.