By Wise- I hope he means the following:

Resign Vontae to a long term deal

Cut Satele

resign the ST players

Sign Alex Mack

Sign Jairus Byrd

Sign Arthur Jones

Sign Jon Asamoah

You do realize it's highly unlikely that we'd sign all 4 of those players plus Vontae with our salary numbers right?

Byrd is gonna rob someone blind this season & it better not be the Colts

Vontae wont get the tag not 11m

Get A.Jones 5/25m DE

Cut Toler, Satele, RJF

V.Davis 5/32m

C.Clemens 3/12m FS

Use another 6m on resigning (Mcafee, Gordy, S.Brown, C.Johnson, etc.)

B.Puente C 3/12m

Draft:

59: Trade to browns for 71st and 83rd overall picks and we trade a seventh rounder

71: S.Jean Baptiste CB (Number 2 corner next to Vontae Davis)

83: D.Jones DT (What we need)

90: Trade for 2 4th rounders to Jags (Get More Picks)

101:M.Sam OLB (Help Transition with Mathis, Werner and Walden)

110: C.Jones ILB (Side to Side with Freeman)

5th: D.Anthony Thomas RB (Speed Back)

6th: L'Damian Washington (Tall WR)

7th: A.Fera K (Good)

7th: Trade for TE depth from another NFL team (We need More)

Around 10m for all picks

We have around 5m leftover with several cap casualties

The key is small base salaries and high signings bonuses.

Pet peeve - I'd expect a professional writer to know the difference between resign and re-sign. Call me grammar police, but they almost have the opposite meanings.

Then again, maybe he's quoting Grigson correctly. Is he saying we should resign ourselves to loosing our young talent in the next couple years? Hmmm...

Cut Satele

resign the ST players

Sign Alex Mack

Sign Jairus Byrd

Sign Arthur Jones

Sign Jon Asamoah 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would be too expensive. Maybe we could swing something like Evan Dietrich-Smith, Donald Butler, Chad Rinehart, and a Safety while keeping Davis.

No more whiffs on the interior OL in FA.

It would be *wise* to bite the bullet and sign the closest thing to a sure-thing in Mack (who has never missed a game), even if you have to overpay (within reason).  I'd be fine if that was the only big name FA pickup this off-season.  Front load fully guaranteed money in the first two years and let the cap-hit crater a bit in 2016, 2017 -- to make it easier for the signings that have to occur in 2016.  Backload 2018+ if needed to get the overall numbers where they should be in $M/year.

This sets up a long term Luck/Mack tandem with both entering their primes.  Can't afford another year of an underperforming interior OL, we need quality at that position right out of the gate next year.  Aside from signing Davis, everything else is secondary, IMO.

Pet peeve - I'd expect a professional writer to know the difference between resign and re-sign. Call me grammar police, but they almost have the opposite meanings.

Then again, maybe he's quoting Grigson correctly. Is he saying we should resign ourselves to loosing our young talent in the next couple years? Hmmm...

"Losing" is the correct spelling officer grammar :D:thmup:

Just a guess.....   but Grigson's quote maybe his way of saying do not expect the kind of spending spree we got last year...  because he needs to save a large chunk of it for the 2012 class 2nd contracts.

Well Grigson may be thinking that but don't we have a set number the NFL forces you to spend? How much could he save?

Well Grigson may be thinking that but don't we have a set number the NFL forces you to spend? How much could he save?

Grigson will aways spend every dollar he thinks he can....  I'm just saying it may not be as much as last year even though we have almost as much money....

The figure I think you're referring to is 89%,  but that's an average over a certain number of seasons....

Not really. The spending is averaged over a number of years (4?). So theoretically a team could go under or over the cap for a couple years and make up for it later.

With all the young guys wanting new contracts in the next two years, I won't be surprised if we stay under this year.

Personally, I believe it's a win now league. Spend the money on the needed spots.

Grigson will aways spend every dollar he thinks he can....  I'm just saying it may not be as much as last year even though we have almost as much money....

The figure I think you're referring to is 89%,  but that's an average over a certain number of seasons....

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I didn't expect much spending this off-season either. I mean we're in much better shape now than we were this time last year. This vision Pagano & Grigson have is slowly coming together. Slowly but surely

Reading between the lines here, the colts have said several different ways that they want to resign Davis and Bethea.  When the subject of Satele comes up, Grigson's statements tend to be noncommittal. 

I think its a greater than 50% chance the Davis and Bethea will be colts next year and that Satele and McGlynn will not. 

Reading between the lines here, the colts have said several different ways that they want to resign Davis and Bethea.  When the subject of Satele comes up, Grigson's statements tend to be noncommittal. 

I think its a greater than 50% chance the Davis and Bethea will be colts next year and that Satele and McGlynn will not. 

Very good post.

Sure we do. And i agree with the analysts, it didn`t work out very well.

Lets see, who met or exceeded their contract. lmao!

YOU Homer, have no idea. JMO of course.

Wow, then I guess you don't care that Grigson took risks and front loaded the contracts so we could walk away easily if they didn't pan out. SMH Who's the homer? I'll give you a hint, it's not me. ;)

Wow, then I guess you don't care that Grigson took risks and front loaded the contracts so we could walk away easily if they didn't pan out. SMH Who's the homer? I'll give you a hint, it's not me. ;)

Let's hope that's the case! I want to win now while these young guys are still in their rookie deals..

Cut Satele

resign the ST players

Sign Alex Mack

Sign Jairus Byrd

Sign Arthur Jones

Sign Jon Asamoah 

yea we sign all those guys they would be are entire 2014 cap room haha I like mack I think byrd gets tagged jones would be a good pick up but I don't think we can afford him I think by wisely he hopefully means he will sign guys to smart contrats to afford all the great 2012 talent

It sounded to me like Grigson is starting to seriously factor in the future need to resign Andrew Luck and possibly Trent Richardson into how he is approaching Free Agency and available cash from here on out.

We won't resign Richardson, he isnt the future of the franchise. We have a lot of good players whose contracts will be up around the same time, Richardson won't be on the list. Hilton, Allen, Fleener, and Luck will be the priorities. If Richardson doesnt drastically improve I doubt he will ever get another contract with anyone, runningbacks have a short shelf life and are fairly easy to replace of they aren't superstars.