Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name a Song that describes the Colts' 2013 Season

Caleb3502

really??? the off season can be boring.... but we have resorted to picking a song to represent our 2013 season??  

im sorry in advance, but to be completely honest, i think this is stupid.

yes, i know i clicked the topic... it wont happen again.  i say good day.

really??? the off season can be boring.... but we have resorted to picking a song to represent our 2013 season??  

im sorry in advance, but to be completely honest, i think this is stupid.

yes, i know i clicked the topic... it wont happen again.  i say good day.

It may be "stupid" to you or I, it may not. But even if it is: People are not born of identical intellect.

If you're in fact one of these people of higher intellect, why not show the capacity to acknowledge this, and not judge people for their lesser intellect and "stupid" actions?

Calling something stupid is demeaning, however you choose to look at it. Nothing postive can come of this. Let people do what they want, as long as no one gets hurt. And as you pointed out yourself, you could just ignore the thread.

(And I'm not talking about you solely, just pointing out a general problem with people on this forum who consider themselves intelligent (as do we all). I mean, unless it's against the rules of the board, and the forum isn't flooded with spam that weeds out more important topics: What exactly is there to gain by calling the actions of other people stupid other than have it serve as self-validation of your ego)?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Topics

• I don't think there's anything wrong with McGinn's report, or with unnamed sources. We love these anonymous insights when we agree with them, it's only when there's some dissonance that we start complaining about unnamed sources.    It seems factual that AD Mitchell has had some challenges with managing his diabetes, and that it has affected the way he presents himself and interacts with other people. It's also had an affect on how he practices. And there's nothing particularly surprising about that. Everyone has been "hangry" before, and everyone has experienced a food coma. Diabetics can experience extremes of those two feelings, and it can happen very quickly. Once you put it into context, it's just something AD and his circle will have to manage meticulously. And the Colts feel confident that he can do that, which is all I really care about.   So the reports bringing this information to light don't really bother me. What makes these reports look worse is the way they get aggregated. Because it's the most sensational soundbites that get snipped and spread around the Internet, and then we don't seek out the full context or try to understand what's actually being said. In McGinn's report, even the source that was most harsh in speaking about AD followed up with good things about him. But all that sticks is 'unnamed source drags AD Mitchell,' and then everyone runs with it.   There might be smear campaigns at times. Sometimes people push negative information to serve an agenda. And really, fans and media fuel the fire, in a variety of ways. So I understand Ballard's frustration, and I think he was right to defend his player. I also think it's obvious from AD's recent quotes that Ballard's choice to go after these sources endeared Ballard and the Colts to AD, which is a good thing. And now AD has to prove Ballard and the Colts right, which is a good thing. 
    • https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-1-wrte-hall-of-fame-talent-at?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web   "Like Harrison and Bowers, Mitchell was a junior who spent only three seasons in college. His resume, however, wasn’t as impressive because of limited playing time and a high-ankle sprain during his two years at Georgia.   Coming off a 55-reception, 11-touchdown season at Texas, Mitchell did everything at the combine other than the short shuttle, the 3-cone and the bench press. And, after his blazing 40 of 4.35 and exceptional distances in the jumps, his decision to work at the combine appeared to be paying off.   Then Mitchell, wearing the WO19 jersey, started running the various routes in line with other wide receivers. His performance was insufficient, to say the least.   “He blew that 40 out, which didn’t surprise me,” one veteran scout said. “But then his position workout might have been the worst I’ve seen by a top receiver. He was falling over. He dropped balls. He had to keep redoing. It seemed as if he didn’t know how to run routes. He just seemed out of it.   “Generally, I don’t get alarmed by a combine. That was alarming.”   Based on television coverage, Mitchell staggered and fell during the gauntlet, dropped the first two slants, dropped an out and either messed up the route or failed to make the catch on his next three attempts. His performance was adequate after that.   “He was very linear, very straight line,” another scout said watching Mitchell at the combine. “Which surprised me, because in my limited exposure, for a fast guy, I thought he could actually bend and get in and out of his cuts.   “After running fast, the position stuff didn’t match. It wasn’t terrible. It wasn’t fatal. But it definitely raised some alerts with me. He didn’t have a great combine.”   Mitchell stood on his combine numbers and did positio"n drills March 21 at Texas pro day, leaving the bench press and shuttles void."     This one?
    • Uncoachable ?   He was coached by a very tough disciplinarian coach in Kirby Smart, the head coach at UGA for 2 years.   Anyone that knows Coach Smart knows he's a no nonsense guy that doesn't put up with any nonsense.   Look if Colts fans want to believe this nonsense thats fine.  There is nothing I can do to talk you all out of it.   But his record at UGA and on the field speaks for itself.  He wasn't "uncoachable" at all.   Kirby loved him, the coaches loved him, the players loved him and most importantly the fans loved him.   But lets go ahead and believe an "anonymous scout"
    • No, no. It's the multi part one. The part about the WRs/TEs is part 1. Don't know what happened with the diabetes part. It just seems to have vanished. Or it's in a separate part that's behind a paywall, but I found links to this one (part 1) that were quoting the diabetes parts from April. Weird all around.
    • Thank you guys for sharing these links. Having seen the full column now, I'd say the columnist had a responsibility to get someone on Mitchell's side of the story to comment before printing this report. That's how journalism is supposed to work. He should have talked to Mitchell, his parents, and/or his college coaches to put these stories about Mitchell not managing his diabetes well (which I understand can be very challenging) into context and find out more about whether they are true. How can you report that a player is almost uncoachable without talking to his coaches? That's unprofessional. 
  • Members