Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prognosticators

fatboy

So I heard a Mike Golic twice say the Colts have a propensity to commit turnovers which is going to make it too hard to win in Foxborough. Uh, I though the story with KC was that both teams lead the conference in turnover margins. Anyway, the Patriots of today are not the Powerhouses of the past. Their big win last year against Colts (which comes up a lot) is even less relevant than our win over KC three weeks ago. The Pats needed an on side kick recover to beat the Browns for crying out loud! My point? This is a very winnable game - and let's hope the rhetoric continues!

So I heard a Mike Golic twice say the Colts have a propensity to commit turnovers which is going to make it too hard to win in Foxborough. Uh, I though the story with KC was that both teams lead the conference in turnover margins. Anyway, the Patriots of today are not the Powerhouses of the past. Their big win last year against Colts (which comes up a lot) is even less relevant than our win over KC three weeks ago. The Pats needed an on side kick recover to beat the Browns for crying out loud! My point? This is a very winnable game - and let's hope the rhetoric continues!

And the Colts lost to the Rams...

You can never use a single regular season game to judge how a team will come out and play in the postseason against a different team.

But yes, you are right. This is a very winnable game for the Colts and it should be a good one.

So I heard a Mike Golic twice say the Colts have a propensity to commit turnovers which is going to make it too hard to win in Foxborough. Uh, I though the story with KC was that both teams lead the conference in turnover margins.

Golic is an * and i hate his show. And he looks like Meatloaf.

Which defense will show up for us? That's my concern. We'll score enough points. Can we stops their running game and the short pass routes?

Personally, I don't care what the prognosticators say. They've proven time and time again, they have no more insight into the game than we do. Didn't Dungy say we'd beat KC by 12?

And the Colts lost to the Rams...

You can never use a single regular season game to judge how a team will come out and play in the postseason against a different team.

But yes, you are right. This is a very winnable game for the Colts and it should be a good one.

so did the saints

It's surprising to me when his entire stated premise is wrong. Oh Dynasty you are mostly correct - we got humiliated (not just beaten!) by the Rams and Cards for that matter, but we have seemed to come alive since the 2nd half of the Cincinnati game. I mention the Cleveland near loss (not to mention two very fortunate home wins) as recent evidence that the Pats have shown significant vulnerability - a win that ultimately lead to the Pats and not Colts being the #2 Seed. There to me is just a lot of unfounded confidence from so many (Boston Globe writers are real beauties!)...anything can and will happen, but I'm just surprised because the Colts have a pretty credible record and wins against some outstanding foes (Seattle, Denver, San Francisco) to be so summarily discounted.

Ya the colts have the fewest turnovers on offense in the NFL and that doesn't change just because they had four last week and the pats did have to have an onside kick and a nonsense PI call to beat the Browns for god sake man do these people even know what they are talking about you know what analysts that don't know what they are talking about shouldn't even talk or even be an analyst because they suck at it.

Which defense will show up for us? That's my concern. We'll score enough points. Can we stops their running game and the short pass routes?

Personally, I don't care what the prognosticators say. They've proven time and time again, they have no more insight into the game than we do. Didn't Dungy say we'd beat KC by 12?

I smell a Darius Butler pick six on a short route on the horizon....just a gut...

To the Pats fans and Colts fans, we have both had * poor games.  I have been sick to my freaking stomach in many Colts games this year getting way behind to either come back...or get crushed.  

We are in the playoffs....we won our divisions.....lets play football Saturday.  Hopefully the rain is not heavy during the game and we do not hear from either team that "The weather was the reason Luck or Brady had a bad game...or receivers/backs...."

That said....are ya ready for a good football game???  I am!!!  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!

Ok, as a Pats fan I even think mike&Mike were high on this. I WILL say this if either team turns the ball over 3 or more times they will LOSE this game. That said I dont expect either team turn it over more than once, if that.

As for the colt fans pointing to the Cleveland game as proof and wy the colts been the #2 seed , Pats fans can point to both the Carolina and Jets games they lost because of bogus calls or picking up a flag.. to why we are facing YOU and not SD tomorrow aka being the #1 seed.

This game going come down to the wire I see a very late FG winning it for one team or the other. BOTH teams have excellent kickers.

I smell a Darius Butler pick six on a short route on the horizon....just a gut...

:colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!

OMG I laughed hard when I read that man! Butler is god awful!! I am shocked he is still with you guys, although I can see brady picking on him exclusively when he is out there esp if he is on Edlman

What I find funny about these analysts is they all say well, you know Bill Belichick will take away your best players like Hilton and Mathis blah blah blah while never mentioning what the coaches on the other side can do. 

It's like only Bill Belichick can have a plan while the other coaches will let Julian Edelman run buck wild.  Belichick will devise a plan to stop mathis from getting to brady while Pagano will just advise his linemen to let Chandler Jones rape Luck.

OMG I laughed hard when I read that man! Butler is god awful!! I am shocked he is still with you guys, although I can see brady picking on him exclusively when he is out there esp if he is on Edlman

You should join us in 2014, where Darius Butler is a very effective nickel corner. He was particularly strong against Welker in the Denver game.

Doesn't mean he can't be picked on, or that he'll shut Edelman down; I doubt that very much, as a matter of fact. But he's not god awful. 

You should join us in 2014, where Darius Butler is a very effective nickel corner. He was particularly strong against Welker in the Denver game.

Doesn't mean he can't be picked on, or that he'll shut Edelman down; I doubt that very much, as a matter of fact. But he's not god awful. 

Sups I take your word for it, I have not seen enough of the Colts games to know. I do know Brady picked on him alot last year since he knew his tendencies so wouldnt be shocked if he did it again. (Mind you this game both D's going have find that 2nd gear keep it from being an offensive slug fest)

Sups I take your word for it, I have not seen enough of the Colts games to know. I do know Brady picked on him alot last year since he knew his tendencies so wouldnt be shocked if he did it again. (Mind you this game both D's going have find that 2nd gear keep it from being an offensive slug fest)

Butler actually played well for us last year, even if he wasn't great in that game. He was still new to the Colts. If we can keep him in that nickel role -- he struggled as a starter this year -- then he'll be okay. Like you say, both defenses will have their hands full.

The only way we win is if we play like we did against seattle denver sf. We lose if we play like we did against st.louis arizona san diego and first half of other games,cant fall way behind against bellichek and patriots- its that simple to dissect.

Funny how BOTH teams have made a habbit of coming from behind and winning games late this year. (Pats from 24 points to Denver and Indy just last week 28 points to KC)

Butler actually played well for us last year, even if he wasn't great in that game. He was still new to the Colts. If we can keep him in that nickel role -- he struggled as a starter this year -- then he'll be okay. Like you say, both defenses will have their hands full.

sups, are the colts starting CB playing hurt? i ask because if you listen to the announcer last week against KC he kept saying how they just dont look "right and look injured". I know the Pats Talib and Denard are both banged up to.. god imagine this game if both D's were fully healthy. Now that be a FOOTBALL game. (ok I like Defense lol)

Superman got back to you before I came back :)  Anytime DB intercepts a pass....he is headed for paydirt....what is is 4 or 5 pick sixes.

You notice I said I had a gut feeling....never saying Butler is good or even bad.  I agree with Sup in that he is effective...may get the nod over Cassius Vaughn (My least favorite other than Gordy) to start at corner.

Like you both say...he can be picked on, and Brady HAS done it.

it has been ten years since this team won it all , they are not unbeatable ,,,,,,,,,,,period   if we don't turn it over we have a legitimate shot to win

sups, are the colts starting CB playing hurt? i ask because if you listen to the announcer last week against KC he kept saying how they just dont look "right and look injured". I know the Pats Talib and Denard are both banged up to.. god imagine this game if both D's were fully healthy. Now that be a FOOTBALL game. (ok I like Defense lol)

Toler done for the year with a groin that has kept him out 6 plus weeks......it had been his first game back.

The other DBs have been playing in pain for weeks....as are a lot of NFL players at the end of the season.  :)

Funny how BOTH teams have made a habbit of coming from behind and winning games late this year. (Pats from 24 points to Denver and Indy just last week 28 points to KC)

It's far from the only factor, but it takes a good qb to win those types of games consistently.

It's far from the only factor, but it takes a good qb to win those types of games consistently.

I agree I would add mental toughness, and very good coaching (the coaching also shows up with the being near the top or the top in least  penalties and TO)

Hope for a great game, and whoever wins doesnt come out to injured to make it to the big game in NJ. (sigh why there! lol)

I thought Dungy picked the Chiefs to win?

Butler has been chasing his man after the catch a good bit lately.

This Should be a very tough game for him.

I thought Dungy picked the Chiefs to win?

Andy Reid has got to figure out a way to put pressure on Andrew Luck. Luck is going to be the offense. Kansas City’s got to get pressure to stop them. I like Indy at home. I think Luck has a field day.” – Tony Dungy

In retrospect, he was right - for a half!

Colts have BEAT the Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Chiefs 2x ... we get up for BIG games and play down to lesser opponents.

WHO have the Patriots beat this year other than the Broncos by 3pts?  

Their last 6 games >

LOSS to Panthers - uh oh
3pt win over Texans - ohhhhh
1pt win over Browns - ohhhhhh
4pt win over Dolphins - ohhhhh
14pt win over Bills - ohhhh boy
shallacking of a bad Ravens team - yah impressive right ...

Sorry but I am not impressed - I think they are way over rated this season!

This is  a BIG game AND a lesser opponent - I guess that makes it a toss-up though I see the Colts showing up in full force and like our chances!

What I find funny about these analysts is they all say well, you know Bill Belichick will take away your best players like Hilton and Mathis blah blah blah while never mentioning what the coaches on the other side can do. 

It's like only Bill Belichick can have a plan while the other coaches will let Julian Edelman run buck wild.  Belichick will devise a plan to stop mathis from getting to brady while Pagano will just advise his linemen to let Chandler Jones rape Luck.

On the other side of the field, Pep and Chuck are devising a plan to have Hilton take away the Pats' best DB.