Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confidence Level?

snkdy

KC-Indy Wild-Card Game  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on Saturday?

• We got this. Colts win easily.
    • I'm a little worried, but still convinced we pull it out.
    • I'm 50-50. The game could go either way.
    • We're going to lose.

If the D plays well we will be in this game. If Luck takes his game up a notch, passing well, escaping the rush with his legs when needed and gashes the Chiefs with some first down runs then we will win. If we are to go deep in the playoffs I think we will have to see Andrew play at a different level. I am 100% confident Andrew can take his game up a notch or two but will he do it this soon in his career? IDK

Hi Guys,

Good to hear I'm not the only one.... so freakin nervous. Like you guys so a huge fan, I think we'' be OK, we have a group of guys of whom all signed up for a ticket to the dance and they will heaven and earth to get there. I think we'll get peyton again, playing against his old team of which he loves distracts him from the game no matter how good he is. Go Colts!!

The last three games have raised my confidence level significantly with this team. I think we have the will and the way at this point. Guys are playing with an apparent confidence, particulary on the offensive side of the ball. The uptempo style has brought about some recent success. If we play with the pride and "Chip on the shoulder" attitude of the San Francisco/KC/Denver games, we will be successful. How successful is the question. I don't think we are quite at a level of faring well on the road in either New England or Denver. New England's defense has continued to improve and I have a feeling they would schematically have success against our defense. I really do think they are one of the top-coached teams in all of football. It will be freezing cold, and our run game will have to take it up a couple of notches- FO REAL!! We're still quite a ways from being even a decent rushing team. I think we win with the no huddle passing attack we've been using more recently. Beating Denver I almost feel would be more likely, particularly because we have the ingredients to rattle Manning and in cold weather that may be even more likely the case.

The last three games have raised my confidence level significantly with this team. I think we have the will and the way at this point. Guys are playing with an apparent confidence, particulary on the offensive side of the ball. The uptempo style has brought about some recent success. If we play with the pride and "Chip on the shoulder" attitude of the San Francisco/KC/Denver games, we will be successful. How successful is the question. I don't think we are quite at a level of faring well on the road in either New England or Denver. New England's defense has continued to improve and I have a feeling they would schematically have success against our defense. I really do think they are one of the top-coached teams in all of football. It will be freezing cold, and our run game will have to take it up a couple of notches- FO REAL!! We're still quite a ways from being even a decent rushing team. I think we win with the no huddle passing attack we've been using more recently. Beating Denver I almost feel would be more likely, particularly because we have the ingredients to rattle Manning and in cold weather that may be even more likely the case.

I want NE in the divisional round if the Colts are so fortunate to advance. I think the Colts match up well with NE receivers, and they are almost as beat up as us. An epic AFCCG against Denver would be crazy to even think about.

If we keep Luck upright and our defense shows up then we should be able to pull this one out, I dont see Alex Smith being able to outshoot Luck in a shootout if t comes to that but Luck does tend to struggle early on his career if he is asked to throw alot more often then not

I want NE in the divisional round if the Colts are so fortunate to advance. I think the Colts match up well with NE receivers, and they are almost as beat up as us. An epic AFCCG against Denver would be crazy to even think about.

I would rather go to Denver first. Peyton normally plays worse in the divisional then the title game and Brady is the opposite.

If the D plays well we will be in this game. If Luck takes his game up a notch, passing well, escaping the rush with his legs when needed and gashes the Chiefs with some first down runs then we will win. If we are to go deep in the playoffs I think we will have to see Andrew play at a different level. I am 100% confident Andrew can take his game up a notch or two but will he do it this soon in his career? IDK

I think this game will a lot tougher than the first and I think will come down to a FG.

Going to be tough but I have confidence Colts will pull it out. Chiefs may get some solid players back but hopefully the Colts will also. I'm really only worried about JC.

I think the Colts are the better team even though on paper the Chiefs have better players. Andrew Luck & Robert Mathis are going to have big games. As long as JC and Cluster on ST can be contained, the Colts can win.

My greatest worry is that now the Chiefs have some good tape on us against their guys. This means they can scheme us better than in that first game by finding mismatches or correcting mismatches that they might have thought weren't so in the first game...if that makes sense. In the end we have to execute better than they do and that's pretty much the way you win any game. If I were Pep I would watch closely to see if they respect our run game more this time around and open up with more passing...but with some shorter routes and screens to the outside (away from the box) to minimize their pass rush.

If history repeats itself we will go on a postseason run.

In 1995, 2003 and 2006 we played the Chiefs in the playoffs and went to at least the AFCCG. In 2010 the Chiefs made the playoffs and we did not play them and went one and done.

Also worth noting, like in 2006 we start out with KC in the WC round in the first Saturday game.

I can confidently say, that the level of my confidence is something I am a bit nervous in confiding ........but if I had to choose a confidant .........it would be you fans.

Confidently yours,

Warhorse (btw.....I see a close victory which ends in nervous stomach syndrome)

My greatest worry is that now the Chiefs have some good tape on us against their guys. This means they can scheme us better than in that first game by finding mismatches or correcting mismatches that they might have thought weren't so in the first game...if that makes sense. In the end we have to execute better than they do and that's pretty much the way you win any game. If I were Pep I would watch closely to see if they respect our run game more this time around and open up with more passing...but with some shorter routes and screens to the outside (away from the box) to minimize their pass rush.

I do agree! I know they won't turn it over 4 times either. 

I can confidently say, that the level of my confidence is something I am a bit nervous in confiding ........but if I had to choose a confidant .........it would be you fans.

Confidently yours,

Warhorse (btw.....I see a close victory which ends in nervous stomach syndrome)

Yes me 2.