Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning didn't technically break the TD record afterall

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10200749/nfl-admits-peyton-manning-td-pass-disallowed-houston-texans-coach-says

This is hilarious. Apparently his 50 TD pass should not have counted as Decker juggled the ball. The NFL confirmed that it should have been ruled incomplete. haha

i actually thought that they would over turn it when i saw the play. These refs are making themselves look silly this season, and the league isn't even trying to protect them anymore

i actually thought that they would over turn it when i saw the play. These refs are making themselves look silly this season, and the league isn't even trying to protect them anymore

Yeah it has been a brutal year for them for sure. I can't remember a season when so many calls were declared wrong after a game.

It IS time to have a central location to look at plays and use the best of the best judging them.

Glad we do have replay thou.

i just hope they dont do something really bad when in matter like in the SB or playoffs but i can see them making a mistake

I guess TD pass #50 gets the same imaginary asterisk as the three Patriots' Super Bowl wins.  ;)

(By the way, I have a couple of boxes of "kiss my asterisk" t-shirts if you guys want some. Order today, they're going fast!)

This would possibly be a fringe story (at best) if Manning wasn't going to end up with somewhere between 53 and 56 TDs. But he will, so it's not! 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10200749/nfl-admits-peyton-manning-td-pass-disallowed-houston-texans-coach-says

This is hilarious. Apparently his 50 TD pass should not have counted as Decker juggled the ball. The NFL confirmed that it should have been ruled incomplete. haha

It also cost me a fantasy championship... I really am beginning to hate the refs.

Did it count at the time? Then it counts.

There's no take backs in the NFL. Ask the Bengals.

Its already happened and I'm sure Brady had some lucky calls when he set the record at 50. Peyton still has another game to go so assuming he throws a touchdown (a pretty safe assumption) he would've had the record anyways

So then technically Peyton didn't "run up the score" with TD #51 because he knew the "real" score.

I guess TD pass #50 gets the same imaginary asterisk as the three Patriots' Super Bowl wins.  ;)

(By the way, I have a couple of boxes of "kiss my asterisk" t-shirts if you guys want some. Order today, they're going fast!)

This would possibly be a fringe story (at best) if Manning wasn't going to end up with somewhere between 53 and 56 TDs. But he will, so it's not! 

LOVE THAT

Yeah well wake me up when they take the bogus touchdown away from Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis from a couple weeks ago.

Waiting for every opportunity to take a dig at Manning with every way possible.

Manning has really gotten into their head :).

not all Pat fans but some yes, some quit fair, also some colts a bit off to, are good and bad in ever group, every job, etc etc etc 

Who Started this Thread...???   :scratch:

ok , i am finally reading this tripe

1. If it counts as per in game rewind review then it counts

2. a few games back on same drive, think Vs Titans , a deep pass at the 1 and Decker catches it , went to ground and rolled in for called TD , ruled a TD, upon review they say is conclusive evidence he was a brushed against by a defender, maybe even accidentally as wasnt someone trying to touch him but a leg may have grazed him  just before he rolled into the end zone so no TD, so TD Reversed 

next play ,low  pass to welker TD called again , booth review automatic again, they say it touched the around slightly helping him make the low catch , h they say both hands werent under it so only partially secured and partially hit ground therefore it equates to hiting  ground so no TD and again reversed  

next play a penalty , in end ssettle for FG , so there opn that 1 drive TWO TD's are  reversed by booth review and someone wants to complain here, Right , great post, love the This is hilarious.part

3. Colt game I think, Decker caught ball, took couple of steps so that means established control ,  reached out and touched inside of Pylon and knbocked it over and after landed out of bounds let go of ball, so called incomplete, but many after the game at least announcers and so called experts of media all said to them u touch the plylon after making a secured catch as evidenced by taking 2 steps = a footbalkl move  so should of been a td, I never wrote on that either ( am aa coilt fan first, though ) and fox who hardly ever wins a challenge never challenged the calkl to get a review, thats 3 TDS now rteversed off top of head, maybe were more , cant remember every game deatil but klnow as u all will agree these refs & umps are crap & inconsistent 

Lets see no both review during Brady's run, wonder if any would be called back, never even would of wanted to say that but a Pat fan posted the hilarious part, & I am not saying anyy deserved being called back, ones i saw all looked good, just saying booth reiview u never know what may have happened

Lets see, Pat fans  complained and i felt rightfully so that a holding at least / if not PI should have been called on that final play Vs Kronk that lost the game, Pats should of had another chance with a hold or PI

​Lets see, i never read a pat fan complain  (thiopgh  one may have expressed   true view & i just  never saw it ) about the end zone  PI  that was called that let Brady throw a TD  from the 1 on next play yet many have said and not just forum members but announcers that was a horrible call,  and that TD allowed the great onside kick and winning TD -- i know i never complained that that wasnt a PI that game, and just accepted one of to many to count bad calls this year -- thats was either the Browns game or the JJ watts they spyied on us crap stuff game , wonder why he b never said anything that Broncos must have known the wrinkles they threw in , well he didnt have toi, his coach got the complaint in for him, whats with those texans anyway, take the loss with grace and save face already, stop making thec season worse than it is already for u guys

so stop all this he said she said, it is officail , we all have to accept the good with the bad & vicer versa

a thread should never have been brought up unless someone was  irritated of the 51, & watch, Peyton has record and decidesa to let moreno and ball get running TDs to ensyure playoff run momentum, will someone then wright a post saying Peyton didnt get another, so really did end with not breaking the record, come on now, yet on this forum , by certain members I could see it

3. Colt game I think, Decker caught ball, took couple of steps so that means established control ,  reached out and touched inside of Pylon and knbocked it over and after landed out of bounds let go of ball, so called incomplete, but many after the game at least announcers and so called experts of media all said to them u touch the plylon after making a secured catch as evidenced by taking 2 steps = a footbalkl move  so should of been a td, I never wrote on that either ( am aa coilt fan first, though ) and fox who hardly ever wins a challenge never challenged the calkl to get a review, thats 3 TDS now off top of head

You're overall point stands, but I thought I'd comment on this.

The play against the Colts was totally different, as Decker was going to the ground as a part of completing the catch. By rule, he has to maintain control the ball through the end of the play, and he didn't. As he tried to reach the ball out, he lost control. Would be different if he had established control before he started going to the ground, then reached the ball out. And the NFL never issued a statement about that play claiming it was ruled incorrectly. It was a good call. (And by the way, several Colts fans thought it was a bad call.)

You're overall point stands, but I thought I'd comment on this.

The play against the Colts was totally different, as Decker was going to the ground as a part of completing the catch. By rule, he has to maintain control the ball through the end of the play, and he didn't. As he tried to reach the ball out, he lost control. Would be different if he had established control before he started going to the ground, then reached the ball out. And the NFL never issued a statement about that play claiming it was ruled incorrectly. It was a good call. (And by the way, several Colts fans thought it was a bad call.)

I thought and am  a colt fan first  that during the game was correct  call, I know NFL never ruled on it,    review after the game by the media in slow motion to me and said media etc seemed to indicate 2 steps = a football move while he had control so touching the pylon would be a td from what i read even if lose the ball controll afterwards   as dropped it when hit ground , thats what a few TV stations and radio stations all said, Deon Sanders was quite vocal on that  being  a TD, he is quite vocal always   though so know at least the analysts on that show with him agreed was a TD, I know my  post game ( that is  revised  ) opinion could be wrong

anyway getting off now, thats my only post today, quite busy , go colts, go peyton untill the  2 meet in the playoffs,m then go colts

have a good night and a good Sunday superrmnan,

no matter Re that Decker Colt play  glad u know my point, thats all i was trying to get across in b not so eloquent terms ( i try, just not greaat at writing anymore, and rush to often

I must have posted andc redited a few times as when i was finally done u already posted a ciomment

LOVE THAT

not all Pat fans but some yes, some quit fair, also some colts a bit off to, are good and bad in ever group, every job, etc etc etc 

ok , i am finally reading this tripe

1. If it counts as per in game rewind review then it counts

2. a few games back on same drive, think Vs Titans , a deep pass at the 1 and Decker catches it , went to ground and rolled in for called TD , ruled a TD, upon review they say is conclusive evidence he was a brushed against by a defender, maybe even accidentally as wasnt someone trying to touch him but a leg may have grazed him  just before he rolled into the end zone so no TD, so TD Reversed 

next play ,low  pass to welker TD called again , booth review automatic again, they say it touched the around slightly helping him make the low catch , h they say both hands werent under it so only partially secured and partially hit ground therefore it equates to hiting  ground so no TD and again reversed  

next play a penalty , in end ssettle for FG , so there opn that 1 drive TWO TD's are  reversed by booth review and someone wants to complain here, Right , great post, love the This is hilarious.part

3. Colt game I think, Decker caught ball, took couple of steps so that means established control ,  reached out and touched inside of Pylon and knbocked it over and after landed out of bounds let go of ball, so called incomplete, but many after the game at least announcers and so called experts of media all said to them u touch the plylon after making a secured catch as evidenced by taking 2 steps = a footbalkl move  so should of been a td, I never wrote on that either ( am aa coilt fan first, though ) and fox who hardly ever wins a challenge never challenged the calkl to get a review, thats 3 TDS now rteversed off top of head, maybe were more , cant remember every game deatil but klnow as u all will agree these refs & umps are crap & inconsistent 

Lets see no both review during Brady's run, wonder if any would be called back, never even would of wanted to say that but a Pat fan posted the hilarious part, & I am not saying anyy deserved being called back, ones i saw all looked good, just saying booth reiview u never know what may have happened

Lets see, Pat fans  complained and i felt rightfully so that a holding at least / if not PI should have been called on that final play Vs Kronk that lost the game, Pats should of had another chance with a hold or PI

​Lets see, i never read a pat fan complain  (thiopgh  one may have expressed   true view & i just  never saw it ) about the end zone  PI  that was called that let Brady throw a TD  from the 1 on next play yet many have said and not just forum members but announcers that was a horrible call,  and that TD allowed the great onside kick and winning TD -- i know i never complained that that wasnt a PI that game, and just accepted one of to many to count bad calls this year -- thats was either the Browns game or the JJ watts they spyied on us crap stuff game , wonder why he b never said anything that Broncos must have known the wrinkles they threw in , well he didnt have toi, his coach got the complaint in for him, whats with those texans anyway, take the loss with grace and save face already, stop making thec season worse than it is already for u guys

so stop all this he said she said, it is officail , we all have to accept the good with the bad & vicer versa

a thread should never have been brought up unless someone was  irritated of the 51, & watch, Peyton has record and decidesa to let moreno and ball get running TDs to ensyure playoff run momentum, will someone then wright a post saying Peyton didnt get another, so really did end with not breaking the record, come on now, yet on this forum , by certain members I could see it

This is not just a lucky call or a bad call in the course of a game, the NFL came out and said the play was called incorrectly and should not have been a TD. You are right that it will stand but that is a pretty big mea culpa on part of the league on a record breaking TD. And worthy of discussion IMO.

This is not just a lucky call or a bad call in the course of a game, the NFL came out and said the play was called incorrectly and should not have been a TD. You are right that it will stand but that is a pretty big mea culpa on part of the league on a record breaking TD. And worthy of discussion IMO.

there have been plenty of mea culpas this that have affected tds and standings

i have no answer any more  on what to do about refs / umps , they are inconsistent within a game, inconsistent between games, and inconsistent between the varying Ref / ump squads, 

thgats why aikman calkled for a total redo over of all rules and refs learning etc to make things easier to call and consistent

someone said aa centralized location to get the feed, but that will only prove overwhelming as so many feeds come in at once that need judging

Remember I said it first , just encase Peyton Decides today not to throw 1 TD for first time ,but  to run the ball in and not get a Pasing TD in order to build Ruinning momentum and keep that in the back of the mind of DC's for playoffs to defend as well  , it just may be cause record is already set in stone no matter how u feel & OC Case who caled ther 51 TD play said he wanted it out of the way for a reason, so who knows what he is thinking , and peytoin if up by a few running Tds may be taken out

anyway,  been a crazy weekend, nothing of vital importance Re Mom but concerning , know u wish that situation well , thanks  buit always have to speak with nurses & in person is better than on phone to drive home certain points & to make sure things stay on course, I must partake and dont care if I am a bother to them, hope i get to see the games I want but do have DVR set

I wont be around if u comment back so u know

Thats why very few comments of late, the above was only one yesterday i think, few maybe friday

Prediction , Miami is 6th seed m, that have to be able to beat jets, Ravens i think will lose as play at Cinccyy where Dallton lights it up  ( i am not the best predictor )

Barry

I certainly hope so because this has been  :deadhorse:  Sorry to say something else will probably be brought up about Peyton and the record.  :thinking:  Oh well :scratch:

After today's game, where he'll no doubt   shatter the record, can we put this to rest...??

hpoe u tread ,my comment # 26 on Tds taken away from Peyton by NFL after called a TD upon review and my comment # 28 to superman who may be right , 

but noi matter I want to say this before I leave

Peyton Manning’s 51 touchdowns, and some incredible tidbits on his record

Manning is the first player in NFL history to have 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns in a season and do it yet in 15 games, and thats a record no matter what Pat fans may say about that TD

Here are some crazy facts from Manning's record-setting season, which is one of the greatest of all time in any sport:

• Manning has 51 touchdowns this season. John Elway had 53 in his two best seasons combined.

• Russell Wilson and Tom Brady, often cited as MVP candidates, have 49 combined touchdown passes, two fewer than Manning.

• This season, 11 NFL players have at least 10 touchdown receptions. Four of those players are Broncos (Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Julius Thomas). ( they left out that Moreno is the 5th Bronco with 10 or more , actually 12,   )

• Manning has 16 more touchdowns this season than Drew Brees, who is in second place, and 20 more than any other NFL quarterback.

• Manning has thrown 34 touchdowns (and no interceptions) just in the red zone this year, a number that is higher than anyone's total number of passing touchdowns this season aside from Brees

Thats Dominance  & the list goes on ,   in article below

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/watch-peyton-manning-51-touchdowns-incredible-tidbits-record-162957305--nfl.html

Broncos' offense, already best in NFL history, still climbing

& BTW  but this offense already outscored the 2007 Pats, Pats have more 17 / 18 more  total points because their D put more up than Broncios D , But Denver offense already put more up than Pats

This year's Broncos already have received 537 points from their offense — four more than the 2007 Patriots' offense scored. Denver has received 35 points from its special teams and the defense for a total of 572 points.

So while the Broncos already have the most prolific offense in NFL history, they need 18 points Sunday at Oakland to break the league's team scoring record

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24799870/broncos-offense-already-best-nfl-history-still-climbing

Everone enjoy their Sunday

Why is this hilarious?  If you think this is funny, you have a sick sense of humor. This is a terrible mistake that the refs missed.