The Official Colts will upset the Chiefs thread

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year has no bearing on this game.

How is that being dense?

It is relevant because past performance is a good indicator of future performance. The Chiefs are the same team as last year with better coaching and a descent game manager qb. Obviously you don't get to carry over any advantage points wise, other than knowing we have won there, against those players (mostly) just last season in a dire situation. I don't want to overstate things but I find it to be as good an indicator as you can ask for all things considered.

Kurt_duh.gif

Colts have beaten these guys a lot, going back to 1990. The colts are 11-2 vs the chiefs including 3 playoff victories for the horse shoes. We are that guy to them, we got their number on speed dial. Larry Johnson was supposed to break the rushing record in 2006, the no punt Game 2004 in KC with a Preist Holmes fumble looming large, and how could we forget the bone chlling game in 1996 the kicker was frozen (literally). Len Elliot, I think.

http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=14&opp=16

It's so hard to predict this game. If the Colts come out with the chip on their shoulder they showed week three against the 49ers...- that team has a solid chance. Avoid stubborn repeated attempts to establish the run game and go three and out five times in a row- that has got to be the first objective...

It is relevant because past performance is a good indicator of future performance. The Chiefs are the same team as last year with better coaching and a descent game manager qb. Obviously you don't get to carry over any advantage points wise, other than knowing we have won there, against those players (mostly) just last season in a dire situation. I don't want to overstate things but I find it to be as good an indicator as you can ask for all things considered.

Kurt_duh.gif

it was in Indy last year.

They have a much better qb and much better coaching. A better team. Last year, especially with upgrades at those spots, means nothing

it was in Indy last year.

They have a much better qb and much better coaching. A better team. Last year, especially with upgrades at those spots, means nothing

The game was in KC http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/COLTS

and the team is more or less the same outside of adding a very average to below average QB. We can agree to disagree about relevance, but not the FACT the game was in KC against mostly the same players, almost a year to the day later.

I think this game will be a good measuring stick as to what sort of success we might reasonably hope for in the playoffs.  I am very much hoping that the Colts will once again surprise a "big gun" and pull off the upset, in convincing fashion.  Then win out, combined with a Bengal loss and a Patriots loss in the last two games, to give the Colts the second seed and the first round playoff bye.

:)

Guest TeamLoloJones

Because Donald Brown can break down the best D in the league.  Lol, c'mon now.  We need our o line to make some blocks for any RB in our backfield to make some runs.

Kansas City does not have the best D in the league.  The last few weeks they have looked average.  If they can't get a pass rush they tend to get toasted.  

Depending upon who starts and sees the majority of the snaps at various positions, I could see us potentially pulling it off, or I could see a repeat of Cincinnati, St. Louis and Arizona.  Crappy deal for them that they might blow us out,  then have to travel to Indy in two weeks. 

the line is +7 colts so a win would be considered an "upset". 

my predictions..

We score 3 1st half TD's and lead the whole 1st half. 21-13 at half

Luck throws 300+ yards and 3 TD's, Trent runs one in from close. 

Charles has an amazing game as usual but we gain an early lead where Alex Smith can't bring the Chiefs back

After this win, Colts can realistically get the #2 seed with some help, are contenders again, and look to make a run

Let's go 10-5!!

Kudos to your correct call! Go Colts!