Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official Colts will upset the Chiefs thread

AllYouNeedIsLuck

the line is +7 colts so a win would be considered an "upset". 

my predictions..

We score 3 1st half TD's and lead the whole 1st half. 21-13 at half

Luck throws 300+ yards and 3 TD's, Trent runs one in from close. 

Charles has an amazing game as usual but we gain an early lead where Alex Smith can't bring the Chiefs back

After this win, Colts can realistically get the #2 seed with some help, are contenders again, and look to make a run

Let's go 10-5!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to watch these jokers every weekend. Their defense has not played as well as they did in the first half of the season. The key to beating the Chiefs is simple. Slow down Charles. No one is going to shut him down, just limit the big plays because he is their entire offense. Either way, I'm hoping for a win since I'll be there freezing my a-- off. Oh and another important fact to remember, they're 0-3 against teams with a winning record, I'm hoping that trend continues.

I have to watch these jokers every weekend. Their defense has not played as well as they did in the first half of the season. The key to beating the Chiefs is simple. Slow down Charles. No one is going to shut him down, just limit the big plays because he is their entire offense. Either way, I'm hoping for a win since I'll be there freezing my a-- off. Oh and another important fact to remember, they're 0-3 against teams with a winning record, I'm hoping that trend continues.

Yep. It's a very winnable game imo

And also I feel like Donnie Avery could have a good game from the slot against us. Those are just the players that give us problems. Stopping him and Bowe is key

If we come out with Rogers, T.Y, and Whalen in the slot and pass early like we did vs Texans we will beat the Chiefs. We cannot come out under center trying to be a power running team it won't work. Defensively not concerned with Smith he'll give us ample opportunities on offense. If we can contain Charles under 120 all purpose yards we should win by a couple scores.

They did that last year we still won

They've significantly upgraded their QB and coach since then and their record speaks to that.   KC has scored 101 pts in the last 2 games.  We gave up an average of 40 pts in our losses to the last 3 decent teams we've played.

They've significantly upgraded their QB and coach since then and their record speaks to that.   KC has scored 101 pts in the last 2 games.  We gave up an average of 40 pts in our losses to the last 3 decent teams we've played.

Yeah Alex Smith is awesome!

giphy.gifThe Chiefs are allowing 28.8 points over the last five weeks, Raiders and Skins are not exactly powerhouses on D. I contend that we match up well, due to the fact they have a game manger for a qb and their recievers are on par with ours. The Colts are to the Chiefs what the Chargers are to us going back to the mid 90's.

Yeah Alex Smith is awesome!

giphy.gifThe Chiefs are allowing 28.8 points over the last five weeks, Raiders and Skins are not exactly powerhouses on D. I contend that we match up well, due to the fact they have a game manger for a qb and their recievers are on par with ours. The Colts are to the Chiefs what the Chargers are to us going back to the mid 90's.

Look up Alex Smith's stat line.  He's outperforming Luck in every stat except total yards.   I don't undervalue his contributions to their success.  Next week we'll see why.

I could make a case for the Colts if I thought they traveled well. That run D is going to have to forget how mediocre to bad they've been this year. Luck is going to have to be lights out for 4 quarters. The O line is going to have to forget how bad to awful they've been most of this season. I see this as a game where the Colts issues are exploited. 

That said, this is a huge opportunity for the Colts to make a play for the 2 seed. That should be motivation. 

I watched the KC game they scored 21 points on the same screen play, KC will try the same against the colts considering the colts play a lot of man to man it will be up to the LB to try and blow the play up. The KC running attack are designed to attack the outside of the tackles with Charles. It will be up to the colts front 3 to get up the field and play havoc on Smith and not allowing him to step into the pocket. I think our corners will match up very well against their receiving core. As for the KC defense if you can nickle, dime them as we did to start the game against Houston stop trying to throw into deep coverage when the colts can get 3 to 6 yards per carry or pass play this keeps offense on field and clock running. The colts can when game if they stop the screens and draws and mix the play calling on offense IMO

Only person I'm scared of is actually Charles but given that 5 TD game against the raiders players never tend to put up godly numbers the following week. So I hope at least lol. But yeah not really an upset if the colts come out like the team they are suppose to be the line should be -3 at most cause of home field advantage

If the Colts do manage to pull this win off, they'll be a team to watch out for in the playoffs.

Going to KC and beating the Chiefs wasn't an easy task last year. This year it's very hard. 

I'm still gonna put on my jersey and cheer them on.