Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady has thrown 3 redzone INTs while leading potential game tying or game-winning drives this season.

Dustin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP.

In all seriousness, the Patriots D failed miserably to close that one out. Brady and the O drove down late and took the lead. Having to do it twice is kinda...eh.

Not excusing the pick, that was terrible. He and the O shouldn't have been in that situation, though.

Also lots of credit to Amendola and Edelman - they both had a great game. Collie kept them breathing a few times, too.

The O did plenty tonight, they just failed to carry a colossal fail by the D at the end. Up until that point the D wasn't too bad, but that was awful.

The pick at the end was on fourth down after both Amendola and Hooman could not make catches vs single coverage the two previous plays. It is what it is. Gronk is missed the most in the red zone. Still, I like the way the Pats played overall but as usual it came down to the end and the team failed to make plays. Goskowski had the missed FG and the inexcusable kick out of bounds when the Pats had taken the lead and then the D could not stop the fourth and six.

These last two games are going to be tight. Even the Bills who play the Fins next.

The pick at the end was on fourth down after both Amendola and Hooman could not make catches vs single coverage the two previous plays. It is what it is. Gronk is missed the most in the red zone. Still, I like the way the Pats played overall but as usual it came down to the end and the team failed to make plays. Goskowski had the missed FG and the inexcusable kick out of bounds when the Pats had taken the lead and then the D could not stop the fourth and six.

These last two games are going to be tight. Even the Bills who play the Fins next.

Everybody but Brady's fault... gotcha.

Yeah if you watched the game. Brady's stats were very impressive and his GW drive that was then given back by the STs and the D and the his drive again with chances at the end for his receivers to make plays and win.

Pats will struggle the rest of the way in the red zone. It is what it is.

Discuss.

Was the Cinn pick in the red zone?  does not really matter it was a pick at the end of the game . . . interestingly enough the throw in the New Orleans game was a great throw and was what the Cinn throw should of been but you cant win them all . . .  it was really short and probably the worst of the three picks

The Carolina pick was under thrown as he had a guy coming up in his face, but he still could have lofted it a tad higher imo . . .

I am not as concerned about the last pick tonight as it was the last play of the game and is as good as an incomplete pass . . .

on one side the good news is that they were three throws away from being 13-1 and even as it stands I would like my changes if I am 10-1 in my pocket and in the three other games I have my QB driving to win the game in the opponent's field on the last possession of the game . . . pretty good body of work, you got a 10-1 in your pocket and three late game drives with the W/L in your control . . .

time will tell if this translates to the playoffs and if these three games are indicative of a playoff loss . . . we are not in the playoffs yet and still have some work to do . . .

now we have to rely on cinn to lose tonight . . .

in other news he did lead a game winning drive in the Denver game in OT and got his team in position to kick a field goal for the win . . . he he . . .   he started the drive and personally moved the ball from the right hash mark for better position for the FG  . . . so drive + move the ball in position for a FG . . . he he

I blame the warm weather. He just can't play when he sweats..

it was not too long ago that the weather in Miami was a problem for us . . . and we are glad that they flipped the games, with the game in Foxboro being in Sept/oct and Mia in Dec . . .

fortunately for us we play in the bubble this week with the heat cranked up to get adjusted to the mia heat

Yeah if you watched the game. Brady's stats were very impressive and his GW drive that was then given back by the STs and the D and the his drive again with chances at the end for his receivers to make plays and win.

So it's going to be because of no Gronk right? I thought Tom Brady just finds a way to get it done with no weapons? Oh now it's no weapons in the red zone.

Pats win next week and its back to Brady being the GOAT because he has no weapons and they win.

So it's going to be because of no Gronk right? I thought Tom Brady just finds a way to get it done with no weapons? Oh now it's no weapons in the red zone.

Pats win next week and its back to Brady being the GOAT because he has no weapons and they win.

I think it is a lot. He has none of his targets from last year. All new guys and yet he threw for 364 today with two receivers over a hundred. No Gronk hurts the most in the red zone was my point but they showed they can compete and win games so no excuses but he is missed down there.

I believed Brady was the GOAT prior to this season so that really does not change whether he wins or loses next week.

it is situational football . . . throwing a pick on a earlier play trying to fit the ball in would of been a mistake as you throwing away the extra plays, if the ball is picked (see for example the Homan throw that was high and away from the defender). . . trying to fit a ball in risking a pick is not a mistake on the last play as it is the last play of the game and thus the game over for your team regardless of the outcome . . .  completion/TD, incomplete or int . . .  

there are some people who seem not to get this . . .

this is reason why i make the joke in the other thread about the Denver game . . .yah Brady took the ball from the right hash to the middle of the field and get credit for a game winning drive in OT, when reality we all know what the score is here . . . similarly , in this game the first three throws of the series were to spot where only his WR/TE could catch it . . . one was in Amendola's hands, one off Edelman's finger tips, and one over Homan, in this theory you lower your percentage in a catch in exchange of avoiding a drive killing interception . . . but this theory is irrelevant on the last play of the game as it is over either way, so go with the higher percentage even it is risks a pick  . . .. 

to compound things the pick was not from the guy defending Collie but a smart play by a player that peeled off his man to cut the ball off . . .

there is more to situational football than just a name . . .

now if you want to complain about the Carolina pick or more still the under thrown duck in the Cinn game, then have at it . . . but you are stretching logic if one tries to get too excited about this pick . . .

I think it is a lot. He has none of his targets from last year. All new guys and yet he threw for 364 today with two receivers over a hundred. No Gronk hurts the most in the red zone was my point but they showed they can compete and win games so no excuses but he is missed down there.

I believed Brady was the GOAT prior to this season so that really does not change whether he wins or loses next week.

He threw for 364 but scored the same amount of points they average without Gronk. Can't Brady make up for having players out? He does it when they win right?

But oh wait since they lost today's it's back to him not having anyone to throw to.

He threw for 364 but scored the same amount of points they average without Gronk. Can't Brady make up for having players out? He does it when they win right?

But oh wait since they lost today's it's back to him not having anyone to throw to.

I am not sure what you are getting at. He has not had any carry over skill guys from last year this season other than Gronk and that was for only six games. Whether they win or lose he is making hay with an offense that is severely challenged. He also leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks/GW drives at 5, would have been 6 today if the defense held on. So he is having a heck of season IMO.

In terms of the game today, it was a team effort on the loss. Brady and the O didn't do enough in the red zone and the D could not make the stops to win the game. The kicking game also contributed with a missed FG and an inexcusable kick out of bounds when the Pats had taken the lead.

How dare you question the New England logic...

Not to start a disagreement but Edelman who is without a doubt his best player played their last year....same thing about Vareen and Ridley. No doubt he doesn't have the best report with his players but whose fault is his best receiver is playing in Denver?? NE CHOSE to let Welker walk....they PICKED Amendola....so I'm not going to excuse that....that was an organizational decision and one you all have defended all year in them making have you not?? You can't have it both ways....you can't say it was for the best to UPGRADE from Welker to Amendola and then complain because Brady has no one to throw to. Besides...really Amendola played very well this year (when on the field)....and Edelman has been great all year...and Vareen has looked like the second coming of Kevin Faulk who was a great threat out of the back field for many many years for you guys. Brady is missing some good players but he has plenty of talent. The int was just a forced throw on 4th down....last play regardless just like the Carolina and Cincy game....he doesn't make those throws without a good reason. I'm not going to hate on Brady...he has played great...and for the most part played within the offense and not tried to force things...most QBs press and try to do too much....Brady has trusted his team and played well...really managed the offense. He had a solid game today but I do find it HUGELY hypocritical to call out Peyton on Thursday night for INT when he got crunched from poor protection late in the game and then give Brady the pass for one like this. I will stand up for Brady all day long with you....but I give the same objective opinion of Peytons play too. Peyton has certainly choked in some games especially early in his career when he tried to single handly win games for us but certainly that isn't his character and certainly he hasn't done that this year. I really hate that both teams lost this week because I've enjoyed watching the quality of play they've had this year....the comebacks for NE and the precision and excellence from Denvers offense....if it wasn't for the Colts playing a really solid game I would have called it the ugliest week of football all year.

But can we just PLEASE be consistant with how measure success or failure around here??

I am not sure what you are getting at. He has not had any carry over skill guys from last year this season other than Gronk and that was for only six games. Whether they win or lose he is making hay with an offense that is severely challenged. He also leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks/GW drives at 5, would have been 6 today if the defense held on. So he is having a heck of season IMO.

In terms of the game today, it was a team effort on the loss. Brady and the O didn't do enough in the red zone and the D could not make the stops to win the game. The kicking game also contributed with a missed FG and an inexcusable kick out of bounds when the Pats had taken the lead.

My point is that Brady recieves all the love when you guys win but in a loss it's the teams fault.

All I'm asking for is consistency. When you guys win, the media and Patriots fans need to give credit to the team, in the same way that they do when they lose.

Speaking of special teams, Browns don't blow that onside kick last week and you are looking at consecutive losses. Give Brady's team credit, they've put him in unbelievable situations to pull off those comebacks.

My point is that Brady recieves all the love when you guys win but in a loss it's the teams fault.

All I'm asking for is consistency. When you guys win, the media and Patriots fans need to give credit to the team, in the same way that they do when they lose.

Speaking of special teams, Browns don't blow that onside kick last week and you are looking at consecutive losses. Give Brady's team credit, they've put him in unbelievable situations to pull off those comebacks.

1384095_10153307047975371_855767864_n.jp

And you Colts fans fail to realize that this double standard goes both way, because you're blinded by your own bias and self-righteousness. The list of excuses for Manning's performances is every bit as extensive as those for Brady's. I still remember that espn poll asking the 50 states to attribute blame for the SB loss. 49 out of 50 gave it to Manning. Want to guess which state gave the blame to Hank Baskett? ;)

Celebration threads like this are exactly what is going to inspire the troll posts if/when the Broncos and Colts lose in the postseason.As far as today, there's plenty of blame to go around. Poor throws by Tom, horrendous OL play, drops by receivers all did us in. If you're looking for an example of Brady "choking" I don't see how any rational person could use this game as an example though. The Jets/Ravens playoff fiascos of recent years are far better evidence to that argument in my opinion.

it is situational football . . . throwing a pick on a earlier play trying to fit the ball in would of been a mistake as you throwing away the extra plays, if the ball is picked (see for example the Homan throw that was high and away from the defender). . . trying to fit a ball in risking a pick is not a mistake on the last play as it is the last play of the game and thus the game over for your team regardless of the outcome . . .  completion/TD, incomplete or int . . .  

there are some people who seem not to get this . . .

this is reason why i make the joke in the other thread about the Denver game . . .yah Brady took the ball from the right hash to the middle of the field and get credit for a game winning drive in OT, when reality we all know what the score is here . . . similarly , in this game the first three throws of the series were to spot where only his WR/TE could catch it . . . one was in Amendola's hands, one off Edelman's finger tips, and one over Homan, in this theory you lower your percentage in a catch in exchange of avoiding a drive killing interception . . . but this theory is irrelevant on the last play of the game as it is over either way, so go with the higher percentage even it is risks a pick  . . .. 

to compound things the pick was not from the guy defending Collie but a smart play by a player that peeled off his man to cut the ball off . . .

there is more to situational football than just a name . . .

now if you want to complain about the Carolina pick or more still the under thrown duck in the Cinn game, then have at it . . . but you are stretching logic if one tries to get too excited about this pick . . .

You're pretty much preaching to the choir here as I think Colt's fans understand situational football just as well, if not better, than many Patriot fans.

The problem is that for years some Patriot fans have been quick to ridicule Peyton . . . especially for playoff losses . . . without taking a closer look at the "situation" that led to some of those losses because doing so would negate their purpose.

So, I think it's easy to understand why Colt's fans are having fun giving Patriot fans a dose of their own medicine and I can't say that I blame them. 

And you Colts fans fail to realize that this double standard goes both way, because you're blinded by your own bias and self-righteousness. The list of excuses for Manning's performances is every bit as extensive as those for Brady's. I still remember that espn poll asking the 50 states to attribute blame for the SB loss. 49 out of 50 gave it to Manning. Want to guess which state gave the blame to Hank Baskett? ;)

Celebration threads like this are exactly what is going to inspire the troll posts if/when the Broncos and Colts lose in the postseason.As far as today, there's plenty of blame to go around. Poor throws by Tom, horrendous OL play, drops by receivers all did us in. If you're looking for an example of Brady "choking" I don't see how any rational person could use this game as an example though. The Jets/Ravens playoff fiascos of recent years are far better evidence to that argument in my opinion.

When ever has the national media ever taken the side of Manning/Colts losing the game as a team? You obviously are very familiar with ESPN. All they've been talking about is the loss of Gronk instead of the fact that Brady had four shots inside the 20 to win the game with the same group of WRs he's had most of the year.

Brady's thrown three game losing interceptions this year. The fact he's been in positions to have a chance to win should be attributed to his team putting him there, not him. Because if he's the one that got them there, he needs to be the one to get the blame when he fails.

Nobody was making excuses like they are for Brady in 2010 for Manning when he was essentially in the same spot. Lack of weapons offensively and aging/hurt defensive players. Yet that year the talk was "what's wrong with Peyton?" while this year it's been "Brady has no one to throw to!!". Give me a break.

The national medias love affair with Brady's previous accomplishments have blinded them to the fact that they are a mediocre team riding the coat tails of a all-time great QB this year. They won't go far at all in the playoffs without Gronk and that defense.

When ever has the national media ever taken the side of Manning/Colts losing the game as a team? You obviously are very familiar with ESPN. All they've been talking about is the loss of Gronk instead of the fact that Brady had four shots inside the 20 to win the game with the same group of WRs he's had most of the year.

Perhaps they, like most others, do not see this as a good example of Brady "choking", and your vitriol is born of your own bias. Perhaps they saw Brady's previous TD drive, the drop in the endzone by Amendola, or other plays, and don't see things as one-sided as you do. None of the other forums I was on had posters blaming Brady, and there's plenty of anti-Pats folk there. Like I said, maybe this wasn't a good game to use to fuel your agenda.

Nobody was making excuses like they are for Brady in 2010 for Manning when he was essentially in the same spot.

Except every Colts fan on this board.

The national medias love affair with Brady's previous accomplishments have blinded them to the fact that they are a mediocre team riding the coat tails of a all-time great QB this year. They won't go far at all in the playoffs without Gronk and that defense.

No one thinks the Pats are going to do anything in the playoffs given our injuries, but that isn't going to stop you and your friends from building us up and acting like we were favored to win it all when we lose, to make it seem like a choke. There isn't one team in the current playoff seeding that I think we are legitimately better than. We're going to be the underdog in every game we play.

And as a final point, I'm just going to mention that I invite you to keep making sarcastic posts and sardonic comments. It always comes around. With the records the Broncos have set this year and the way the AFC field is in shambles, if Manning loses there is going to be indescribable fallout. When the trolls flood these boards, remember threads like this.

You're pretty much preaching to the choir here as I think Colt's fans understand situational football just as well, if not better, than many Patriot fans.

The problem is that for years some Patriot fans have been quick to ridicule Peyton . . . especially for playoff losses . . . without taking a closer look at the "situation" that led to some of those losses because doing so would negate their purpose.

So, I think it's easy to understand why Colt's fans are having fun giving Patriot fans a dose of their own medicine and I can't say that I blame them. 

Ok I am in love with your articulation, it is official.

Where do these newbie Pats fans come from (the 1 post, 2 posts kind)? Must be some Pats fans of late on this site petitioning Pats fans/friends on other sites "please come sign up on this Colts forum so that we have numbers to defend Brady, we need you". I have no doubt in my mind.

All the new Pats fans that up the irrational ante erode all the good will that veteran Pats fans like GoPats, JJ, Dynasty13 etc. have created over years, just my opinion.

WHERE DO THESE PATRIOT TROLLS KEEP COMING FROM?!?

Was there like a mass-exodus at the Patriots forum or something?

Same thing I am thinking. The only link is some recently annoying ones that have been posting the last year who feel like they need to petition more of their fellow patriots to sign up to make this forum hate Pats fans more.

Perhaps they, like most others, do not see this as a good example of Brady "choking", and your vitriol is born of your own bias. Perhaps they saw Brady's previous TD drive, the drop in the endzone by Amendola, or other plays, and don't see things as one-sided as you do. None of the other forums I was on had posters blaming Brady, and there's plenty of anti-Pats folk there. Like I said, maybe this wasn't a good game to use to fuel your agenda.

Except every Colts fan on this board.

No one thinks the Pats are going to do anything in the playoffs given our injuries, but that isn't going to stop you and your friends from building us up and acting like we were favored to win it all when we lose, to make it seem like a choke. There isn't one team in the current playoff seeding that I think we are legitimately better than. We're going to be the underdog in every game we play.

And as a final point, I'm just going to mention that I invite you to keep making sarcastic posts and sardonic comments. It always comes around. With the records the Broncos have set this year and the way the AFC field is in shambles, if Manning loses there is going to be indescribable fallout. When the trolls flood these boards, remember threads like this.

Perhaps the national media has its own agenda with its pure love for big market/east coast teams. I encourage you to take off your incredibly biased glasses and see how BSPN and the like cater to them.

It's really quite clear. Brady had chances at the end to get the win and didnt, just like he did two other times this year.

You fail to see the double standard that is applied to Manning and Brady because Brady is the beneficiary in the equation. 2010 is a prime, logical example of this that is brushed aside from you. A Patriots fan ignoring logic? We've seen that one before.

Oh and the fact that you think the Patriots are underdogs in every game proves my point. Check what the national media and Vegas spreads were for every game the Patriots played this year. They were favored in majority of their wins and losses outside of the Denver game.

You also seem to forget that Denver has been as inconsistent of late as everyone else in the AFC. Anyone can win it all at this point really.

For all the claims of us building you guys up to set up the fall, you all are just as guilty with Manning and the Broncos. It's just your agenda is pushed more nationally because of Boston's market and its love for Belichick and Co.

He could throw 5 INTs and lose 3 fumbles you would say his stats were impressive it don't matter wat he does with you