Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne's injury killed the Colts season

Kurtis Patrick M

Do you have the giggles or something? This is an online message board. About football. Of course there will be many opinions going between members. Welcome to the internet. :hat:

Its just comical.  Are we not allowed to laugh on the boards nowadays?  Yes, people getting into online argumentsis somewhat funny

Its just comical.  Are we not allowed to laugh on the boards nowadays?  Yes, people getting into online argumentsis somewhat funny

You're allowed. I do my fair share of laughing at about 50% of the comments on here. After a loss, there's too many arguments to keep up with on here.

As with most things, the answer is somewhere in the middle. 

We went from apparent Super Bowl contenders to apparent Wildcard dropouts. As awesome-sauce as Reggie Wayne is, one guy didn't bring down the house of cards.

I think it would be fair to contend that RW was the proverbial straw of sorts. Toler being gone has hurt. Instability on the D-line. Allen, Bradshaw and Ballard all on IR early on....that killed our run game when you peep the skills (or lack thereof) of our O-line. 

There is no nuclear answer for this free-fall. 

I agree, you don't lose a possible future Hall of Famer and not feel the impact.  The Colts have gone from controlling the clock for over half the game to losing the TOP battle by almost 10 minutes since Wayne left.  People tend to underestimate the importance of 3rd down conversions.  It's easy to say, well someone else has to step up, but really what team has a backup on the roster to replace a future hall of famer (possible).  None.

That being said, the Colts are in a rebuilding mode whether they say it or not and the loss of Wayne has shown that.

I realize we backed into the playoffs and took the division title (worst division in the league). We had one more good game after his departure. He was Luck's go to guy.  He also got all the attention from opposing defenses freeing up TY and other receivers down the field on occasion.  Reggie was also the veteran team leader and mentor for the youngsters, (including luck)... Not having him convert on 3rd down plays also hurt out defense big time, keeping them on the field far too long  ...

Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery Reggie...

I don't know the fact that DHB can't catch a football to save his life didn't exactly help. Tremendous speed with lousy hands= a lackluster season of offensive production too Kurtis. 

As with most things, the answer is somewhere in the middle. 

We went from apparent Super Bowl contenders to apparent Wildcard dropouts. As awesome-sauce as Reggie Wayne is, one guy didn't bring down the house of cards.

I think it would be fair to contend that RW was the proverbial straw of sorts. Toler being gone has hurt. Instability on the D-line. Allen, Bradshaw and Ballard all on IR early on....that killed our run game when you peep the skills (or lack thereof) of our O-line. 

There is no nuclear answer for this free-fall. 

Ah yes, the voice of reason rears it's ugly head. LOL! Thank you ruksak.  :thmup:  Really? No, nuclear solution...5, 4, 3, 2, 1... :Nuke: Darn it! Just Kidding! 

Reggie Wayne's injury showed what a garbage WR corp we really had.

Brazil is a selfish pothead who should have gotten cut in the off-season. 

DHB's career is done.  He's a supreme athlete who can't catch.

I love TY Hilton.  BUT, he has shown the past few weeks that he's not a lead dog WR.  After the Houston game, defenses simply rolled coverage to TY.  TY can't beat double teams.  All the best WRs in the league get double teamed.  The true number ones are able to beat it.

Hopefully, Rogers can be a playmaker.  If Rogers turns out to be a playmaker, Luck's numbers will go up and the offense can hopefully get into a groove. 

Coby Fleener is completely ordinary.  This is highly depressing to admit because I loved Fleener coming out of college and was stoked that we drafted him.  Fleener is a guy who can make plays if the defense is blowing coverage and not paying attention to him.  Fleener is NOT a guy who can matchup with the defense's best and still make the play.  This is not a skill you can learn.  Either a guy can do it or he can't.  Fleener reminds me of Ben Utecht---decent, but not special.

Reggie Wayne's injury showed what a garbage WR corp we really had.

Brazil is a selfish pothead who should have gotten cut in the off-season. 

DHB's career is done.  He's a supreme athlete who can't catch.

I love TY Hilton.  BUT, he has shown the past few weeks that he's not a lead dog WR.  After the Houston game, defenses simply rolled coverage to TY.  TY can't beat double teams.  All the best WRs in the league get double teamed.  The true number ones are able to beat it.

Hopefully, Rogers can be a playmaker.  If Rogers turns out to be a playmaker, Luck's numbers will go up and the offense can hopefully get into a groove. 

Coby Fleener is completely ordinary.  This is highly depressing to admit because I loved Fleener coming out of college and was stoked that we drafted him.  Fleener is a guy who can make plays if the defense is blowing coverage and not paying attention to him.  Fleener is NOT a guy who can matchup with the defense's best and still make the play.  This is not a skill you can learn.  Either a guy can do it or he can't.  Fleener reminds me of Ben Utecht---decent, but not special.

I cannot agree about Brazill...the guy played a really good game in Cinci...I give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he keeps on developing.

And Fleener has improved a LOT from his rookie year...he plays a good game now and makes a number of plays to move the chains each game....a step up from Utecht.

Bey is so totally psyched-out now that we cannot tell what his abilities are...but he is most likely gone at end of season.

Hilton is a little guy and easy to double...he is not tall enough to beat the DBs on jump balls like the top WRs who get doubled.

Rogers is still very raw but very good, very dangerous, can beat doubles, can go get the jump balls. If he keeps playing as he did in Cinci he is gonna demand double coverage and open up the whole passing game...and he is going to beat double coverage now and then....very exciting possibilities.

As for the loss of Reggie, we only had another year or 2 of his talents before facing 'life after Reggie'...it just came sooner than we expected.

Don't blame the offense for getting down by 14 or 21 points early on in every game since Denver. ^^^^ The defense comes out of the gate and gives up touchdowns and long drives nearly every game its not just because the offense cant stay on the field ^^^^.  Last week the defense played good but yesterday they were a joke.  Even with the offense scoring a ton in the second half the Colts d just moved over and let the Bengals score.

The offense deserves just as much blame as the defense IMO.  Yes, the D gave up an opening drive TD, but they settled down after that in the first half.  They got robbed by an official on the 4th down play, they really had only given up 7 points at the half.  That is pretty darn good on the road against a talented offense.

The offense on the other hand didn't score a single point in the first half and converted only 2 of 10 3rd downs for the game.    The Colts only put together one halfway decent drive in the entire first half.  I think they only crossed the 50 yard line once.  IMO, the defenses problems are predictable because our offense does not stay on the field.  It's been this way for about 6 weeks now.  Our point total in the first half over that span is atrocious. The D has been on the field way too much for the last month and a half. There is a good chance you are going to be behind when you are lucky to score 3 points in the first half of a pro football game.

As for the loss of Reggie, we only had another year or 2 of his talents before facing 'life after Reggie'...it just came sooner than we expected.

And if Reggie would not have got hurt, we would not have seen Rogers until next year. Just sayin ...

I realize we backed into the playoffs and took the division title (worst division in the league). We had one more good game after his departure. He was Luck's go to guy.  He also got all the attention from opposing defenses freeing up TY and other receivers down the field on occasion.  Reggie was also the veteran team leader and mentor for the youngsters, (including luck)... Not having him convert on 3rd down plays also hurt out defense big time, keeping them on the field far too long  ...

Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery Reggie...

a lot of truth here...we mkiss him more in this year's offense than we would have last year

but its not over and we have a ticket in...Fleener can be the new 'Reggie' and I still think there's a lot fo gold in throwing the ball to Trent and Donald Brown..

I like our eventual matchup with KC in Indy. Its all about matchups

Who's Reggie Wayne?

This issue has been hashed so many ways, it's beyond redundant now.

The o-line is rough and the D forgot to keep the opposition out of the endzone.

I'm more confused about the D, because most of the pieces are in place and it's not pretty.

just because it's been talked to death doesn't make his injury any less of an issue.

In all honesty I have said it before that Wayne was the one guy we could not afford to lose....even moreso then Luck himself, Wayne made many circus like catches over the last year and 7 games for Luck making up for some bad throws......were going to have to hope Rogers continues to come up big just to stay in games the way our defense has been playing most of the season and the rest of receivers inconsistencies

Apparently you're allowed to troll, get banned 3-4 different times, and still be able to post tho. 

I think Dustin is my own personal stalker. I am not a troll. I was never banned 3-4 different times and I came back and let the mods know who I was and I promised that I would never be rude and I would do my very best to stay within the guidelines. They were kind enough to give me another chance. It would be nice if you would do that too.  :D

I think Dustin is my own personal stalker. I am not a troll. I was never banned 3-4 different times and I came back and let the mods know who I was and I promised that I would never be rude and I would do my very best to stay within the guidelines. They were kind enough to give me another chance. It would be nice if you would do that too.  :D

As long as we are talking about this........you have had multiple accounts

And yes, we are giving you another chance

When Reggie went down it defiantly hurt we were already bad enough with injuries I would say it killed are season yet though because if you remember in 2006 we finished the season 3-4. and three 6 seeds have won the super bowl in the last 10 years. so why can't we do it with the 4 seed or better if something's fall are way.

So the Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to a free PUBLIC message board? Okay, thanks.

1) I'm not sure it does; and

2) Regardless of #1, this isn't a free public message board.  It's paid for and operated by a private entity who has the ability and right to control its contents.

1) I'm not sure it does; and

2) Regardless of #1, this isn't a free public message board.  It's paid for and operated by a private entity who has the ability and right to control its contents.

Unless you paid for entry, it is free.  The answer to the first question is yes, it does.

The choice whether to read the thread, is of course yours, as is your right to disagree with it.  That does not mean that it should be censored just because a person doesn't like the message.  The mods do their jobs to control whether a thread or response is abusive.  (I know a little about this, if you look up Clubsearay.com you will see I am an Administrator on that little site, that has about 25,000 members.)

Well we won't always have Reggie around. It's allowed DaRick show his talent and he's probably our future Reggie/Harrison now. If anything, imagine how dangerous we will be next year with our receivers learning and with Reggie together. Add Dwayne Allen/Fleener and we have ourselves a great offense once our online is improved

Reggie W does not start games calling runs up the gut multiple times to TRich for no gains on the first few possessions.

Reggie W does not play D......

This team HAS issues...    and I am not so sure they are totally on the players.

This team just is looking undisciplined, and unprepared for the last several games.

But yet they are 8-5??/   I really don't know how but they are...   Indy has played maybe 2 dominating games all year.

The rest.. if Luck is not on fire, Indy gets drilled.

In all honesty I have said it before that Wayne was the one guy we could not afford to lose....even moreso then Luck himself, Wayne made many circus like catches over the last year and 7 games for Luck making up for some bad throws......were going to have to hope Rogers continues to come up big just to stay in games the way our defense has been playing most of the season and the rest of receivers inconsistencies