Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts didn't make Trip

GoColts8818

The following Players did NOT make the trip with the team and will be OUT Sunday:

Hugh Thornton, Kevell Conner, Greg Toler.

That's per Mike Chappell on Twitter.

With Link already out look for Reitz and McGlynn to start at Guard on Sunday and hope no one gets hurt because there is extremely little behind them.

As for Toler Chappell had been saying all week he didn't think Toler would play and with the field likely to be slippery and wet tomorrow the Colts didn't want to risk him hurting his groin in his comeback attempt.

The following Players did NOT make the trip with the team and will be OUT Sunday:

With Link already out look for Reitz and McGlynn to start at Guard on Sunday and hope no one gets hurt because there is extremely little behind them.

As for Toler Chappell had been saying all week he didn't think Toler would play and with the field likely to be slippery and wet tomorrow the Colts didn't want to risk him hurting his groin in his comeback attempt.

damn you thorton

That's a hell of a groin injury. 

I remember reading that he re-aggravated it in practice a couple of weeks ago.  Probably why it's taking so long to get back from it.  Add in the icy weather tomorrow and the Colts logic makes sense if it's true they don't want to take a chance on him hurting it again on the snow and ice if he's not completely 100% (which no player is at this point in the season).  I'd much rather him miss one more game than turn out to miss another month because he hurts it slipping on the ice/snow that could be on the field tomorrow. 

we need toler for the playoffs, let him heal

Thornton has been struggling lately just like McGlynn, not as bad as McGlynn though but struggling to say the least. Hopefully Joe Reitz gives us a boost in pass protection.

Enh they have been in the same ball park lately to me.  Neither has been very good.  The one plus you can say to Thornton is that he's a rookie and he's supposed to struggle.  Honestly I will be interested to see what Reitz can give us because I thought he's been alright when he's played guard, his biggest issue at least to me has been staying healthy. 

I guess Greg Toler has no intention of playing anymore this season. Practiced this week but no game? If he doesn't play next week, I'm convinced he's the person Jim Irsay was referring to in his tweet when he was talking about being robbed with machine guns or whatever it was he said along those lines

I guess Greg Toler has no intention of playing anymore this season. Practiced this week but no game? If he doesn't play next week, I'm convinced he's the person Jim Irsay was referring to in his tweet when he was talking about being robbed with machine guns or whatever it was he said along those lines

He was limited all week and like I've been saying Chap has been saying all week on twitter he would surprised if he played on Sunday based on what the coaches were saying about him.

He was limited all week and like I've been saying Chap has been saying all week on twitter he would surprised if he played on Sunday based on what the coaches were saying about him.

Yeah but still, he's been out since forever. He better come back & ball out when he does play again

Yeah but still, he's been out since forever. He better come back & ball out when he does play again

Like I said I remember reading a couple of weeks ago he re-aggravated it during practice.  That could be why he's out so long plus I am sure the weather forecast for tomorrow didn't make the Colts feel like they needed to rush him back.

pags said he would be shocked if toler didnt play, seems to be shot at toler tuffness

pags said he would be shocked if toler didnt play, seems to be shot at toler tuffness

https://twitter.com/mchappell51

Talked with #colts CB Greg Toler in locker room. Said he will go thru individual drills today and go from there. Didn't sound real confident

Pagano: Greg Toler. WIll go through individual drills today. Then we'll see. Will be smart with him. Sam with Josh Gordy, Kavell Conner.

Not surprised #oolts Greg Toler will miss 6th game with groin injury. Cincy's field likely to be wet, slippery.

Well Reitz is an upgrade in pass protection over Thornton at this point in his career, Does this mean if we have to travel on the road in the playoffs that Toler will not play because of the chance that the field will be slippery...Just sayin

I remember reading that he re-aggravated it in practice a couple of weeks ago.  Probably why it's taking so long to get back from it.  Add in the icy weather tomorrow and the Colts logic makes sense if it's true they don't want to take a chance on him hurting it again on the snow and ice if he's not completely 100% (which no player is at this point in the season).  I'd much rather him miss one more game than turn out to miss another month because he hurts it slipping on the ice/snow that could be on the field tomorrow. 

toler issue is he want to play but, right before game day he has nightmares of keenan allen and cant get out of bed

post-549-0-62525400-1386467513_thumb.jpg

I disagree with that strongly because he was back at practice nearly a month ago and reinjured the groin so I don't think he is pulling a fast one but I will agree with you if he don't play another game this season.

umm sheppard is not the problem it is angerer, sheppard has bin playing better angerer is the worst lb on the team right now

Oh it wasn't a knock on him, I just like McNary better than any other reserve LB we have besides Conner. I just want to see him first off the bench to spell Angerer/Freeman that's all.