Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Rainey will takeover Kick Return duties

TKnight24

Confirmed by Chuck Pagano

@KBowenColts: Pagano said Chris Rainey will return kicks.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Sunday: "We've got a chance to seal the division, put a nail in the coffin, however you want to put it."

Updated injury report as well:

@KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano says Kavell Conner will be OUT. Greg Toler OUT as well.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Toler: "He's real close. I'd be shocked if he wasn't back next week."

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Sergio Brown and Josh Gordy are questionable. Everyone else probable on the injury report.

So, another week of Cassius Vaughn at the #2 CB

Confirmed by Chuck Pagano

@KBowenColts: Pagano said Chris Rainey will return kicks.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Sunday: "We've got a chance to seal the division, put a nail in the coffin, however you want to put it."

Updated injury report as well:

@KBowenColts: Chuck Pagano says Kavell Conner will be OUT. Greg Toler OUT as well.

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Toler: "He's real close. I'd be shocked if he wasn't back next week."

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Sergio Brown and Josh Gordy are questionable. Everyone else probable on the injury report.

So, another week of Cassius Vaughn at the #2 CB

Good to hear about Rainey. Hopefully good to hear about Toler I am starting to worry if he will make it back this year at all. Don't like not having Conner as the backup so that 1 is not good. Maybe Cassius Vaghn will be AFC defensive player of the week this week like he was last year.... 

I have had Rainstorm returning kicks for me on Madden. He does much better than Reed in fake football, and I don't see how he could be any worse in real football...

I have been using him in Madden as well. Last game I played against the Titans on All Madden I returned 2 kicks the whole game. On both kicks I was able to use his speed and agility to make it to the 50 yard line. Hope he is half that good on Sun.

I hope for the best with Rainey, but we have to be honest.  If you look at the kickoffs Reed was getting, there were usually 3-4 defenders meeting him at the 15 yard line.  There is simply no running space.  I think Reed sucks overall, but I will be surprised if Rainey can do much better with the blocking he is getting.

This staff is super conservative when it comes to injuries. They've set that as a precedent from last season. So holding Toler out kind of fits that pattern. It's starting to get annoying -- five weeks for a groin injury, and he's been "day to day" the entire time?? -- but it's not surprising to me.

I have had Rainstorm returning kicks for me on Madden. He does much better than Reed in fake football, and I don't see how he could be any worse in real football...

I returned 3 kickoffs for TD's in one game with rainey... and it was an online game so it wasn't on rookie or anything. Granted I did return another TD with reed in the same game so it was probably just their kickoff coverage ( the saints).

This staff is super conservative when it comes to injuries. They've set that as a precedent from last season. So holding Toler out kind of fits that pattern. It's starting to get annoying -- five weeks for a groin injury, and he's been "day to day" the entire time?? -- but it's not surprising to me.

is that a coaching call? serious question..isnt the medical staff the one that clears the guy ? or does the coaching staff really say "na he cant play"

is that a coaching call? serious question..isnt the medical staff the one that clears the guy ? or does the coaching staff really say "na he cant play"

I think it's a combination of the two. If the medical staff says "he can play, but he's still not really 100% ready to go," the coaching staff can say "we'll wait another week." 

But when I said "staff," I really meant everyone, from the GM to the coaches to the medical team. They seem to err on the side of caution, which I understand. It can be frustrating, but it's obviously for the best.