Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is Mcglynn still with the Colts [Merge]

ColtsUrUs

I know stating the obvious here. But I just can't watch this Colts offensive line get blown out because Mcglynn can not block and hold up his man. It's game after game and Luck is pressured to throw or run away for no gain. If mcglynn is still playing for the Colts next season, I will crap myself.

It will be a tough off season finding linemen and a better receiver or two... What do you guys think?

I know stating the obvious here. But I just can't watch this Colts offensive line get blown out because Mcglynn can not block and hold up his man. It's game after game and Luck is pressured to throw or run away for no gain. If mcglynn is still playing for the Colts next season, I will crap myself.

It will be a tough off season finding linemen and a better receiver or two... What do you guys think?

http://forums.colts.com/topic/23324-why-is-mcglynn-still-with-the-colts/#entry647875

I made the same post. Mcglynn is losing his man every time. Forced Luck to throw and be picked. I don't know what is more important for the Colts to spend money on next season - offensive linemen, defensive linemen to replace our aging guys, or a couple receivers. Going to be tough.

He won't be a Colt. Trust me. He will be working at Burger King where he belongs.

Because our coaching staff are *s.

I'm doubting. They've mishandled Richardson all year. Still haven't fixed the oline. Constantly getting out coached by coaches like Fisher, Arians, and Kubiak. 2.6 yards per play in the first half. There is no reason an NFL offense with Andrew Luck should play that way. Can they not prepare a team to play? The first half is where you establish a gameplan. The game planning sucks.

I suggest you invest in some depend diapers then

lmaorotflmao

People can scream and yell about McGlynn and Satele all they want and honestly they are right they are not very good.  However, I still don't think they have anyone better or they would be out there.  Also, Thornton has struggled as well.  The whole middle of the Colts line is a train wreck.  The problem is the Colts just don't have any good players for the middle of the line other than Thomas who is on IR. 

As bad as our O line is, A luck is holding the ball WAYYYY too long.

Yes he is but he is moving around come one mississippi instead of any other QB, they at least get to two mississippi. He is indecisive as any rookie we've seen in awhile at the moment. I blame coaching a lot. They are collecting a check and not coaching well.

Our WRs aren't getting separation immediately so some of it is him having to hold on to it trying to give them time to give him a throwing lane.  I guess he could just start counting 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi and then just releasing the ball.  Doesn't matter if they don't see the ball coming, pings them in the helmet or back, or he throws an INT.....at least he didn't hold on to the ball too long.

This is very true unfortunately. 

Clyde Christensen might be the nicest guy on the planet, but he's not helping Luck AT ALL. There were wide open guys in the middle about 5 yards out all night and Luck barely ever threw to them. 

I hope last years Arians stretch the field offense didn't rub off on Luck in a bad way. 

The poor O-line play is just a lasting reminder of the Polian's.  What had been a decent to good line was decimated over the past several years under Bill.  Grigson hasn't been able to get it fixed.

As to McGlynn, there are plays where it's almost funny to see him wobbling around after missing a block.  He looks like some random fat guy that somehow wandered into an NFL game.

McGlynn is a very bad guard -  I feel like he is an above average center though.

Same thing last year with Shipley - our offensive line as a unit performs better without Satele at Center.  McGlynn was still at guard last year with Shipley at center but it was a different McGlynn.  IS he a world beater at center, no way. But he is by far a better center than a guard.  Our real problem is Satele at center.

I wish McGlynn and family the best this Holiday season.

He is playing terribly yet still starting, because these dingalings Love (so how Bad then is Link), Coaches valuable 4 position player.

Keeping & Playing Satele, McGlynn, Link, Moala, Mathews, is part of a Master Plan.

The Blue Monster will not be built in a day! They guaranteed it when Irsay paid Freeney $14M.

Very true!! In his defense the wr's are awful (like Hilton tho) & not getting much separation, so I'm wondering if it's Luck or the WR's or the OLIne (AWFUL) or the lack of run game lol?! Combination of all four leading to him hanging onto it longer? Run game is hard to establish when you go 3 and out the entire first half of the past four games smh...