Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS Best NFL Stadium

Gramz

It's the best one I've been to. I'm totally spoiled now.

“Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Fairest of Them All?”--Snow White.  Why LOS of course accept no substitutes.

Actually, much like TK24 & ell_cchriso, SW1 has never been there either, but it's on my bucket list. The pictures on my Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket Big Screen look simply spectacular though. 

Has anyone ever been to the Cowboys' stadium...?

What's that like?

It's big.  Very big.  It's  nice complex, but it kind of has a sterile feeling too it.  I can only speak for me, but the first time I went (the year it opened), I found myself watching the huge TV...and was wondering why I paid money to park, (which it's super expensive), for tickets...and ending up watching the giant screen for most of the game. 

The second time I went (this past year, Cowboys v. Giants), we did the party pass and planned better.  The party pass is not a bad deal, but it's a long time to stand.  

Edited to add:  I like LOS, but truth be told, I miss the coziness of the Dome.  The bigger and more up to date the stadiums get, the farther the fans get from the field (I feel).

Edited by mo0nlighting

It's big.  Very big.  It's  nice complex, but it kind of has a sterile feeling too it.  I can only speak for me, but the first time I went (the year it opened), I found myself watching the huge TV...and was wondering why I paid money to park, (which it's super expensive), for tickets...and ending up watching the giant screen for most of the game. 

The second time I went (this past year, Cowboys v. Giants), we did the party pass and planned better.  The party pass is not a bad deal, but it's a long time to stand.  

Edited to add:  I like LOS, but truth be told, I miss the coziness of the Dome.  The bigger and more up to date the stadiums get, the farther the fans get from the field (I feel).

Good summary of your impressions there moonlighting. I saw a feature on now AT&T Stadium once probably on NFL Network & Jerry kept raving about his giant flat screen, the biggest inside an NFL stadium. I was like Jerry, who in the hades cares & why would I leave the comfort of my living room for that?

Then again, I will admit that I don't exactly love anything Dallas does either. Therefore, I have no objectivity here. Take it with more than a grain of salt I suppose. 

The only other stadium on this list that I've been to is AT&T stadium.  I went there for the Cotton Bowl a few years ago.  It is a sight to behold, but it is in the middle of nowhere but it is near the Texas Rangers park.  Those screens are impressive.  We did get to walk around the stadium after the game when they had the club areas open. 

it is nice actually. but you are not allowed to explore the stadium you can only go in the section you are seated in.

I took the tour but have never been there for a game. It's an amazing place. When you look in the door from one of the entrances, you're at eye level with the top of the goal post.

BTW, the tour wasn't cheap. Jerry makes a buck every way possible. He may be a lousy GM, but he's a brilliant business man.

At least The Drum looks nicer than The Airbag

I know. I felt like I was witnessing a crime. =(

A crime indeed. It was a travesty. No other word for it. I don't mind losing as long as we put up a respectable fight all game long. We lost our inner alpha dog that Sunday. No woof whatsoever IMO. 

When my Colts lose, it ruins my whole week. Did you ask for a refund? Just Kidding! Go Blue Baby!  :blueshoe:

You saw that tragedy LIVE in person ColtsFTW? Ouch...I could barely stomach watching it on TV. My condolences sir. Sigh...Clearly, not our best day at the office was it?  haha

I know. I felt like I was witnessing a crime. =(

If you think the Ram's game was bad, try watching a Purdue football game EVERY single week. Now, that's a crime.

I will say, though, my ticket was well spent today (it only cost me $2.50 lol). Purdue actually had a somewhat competitive game, plus Drew Brees showed up in the student section at the beginning of the fourth quarter! On top of that, my Block P sign has a Drew Brees signature now :36dancing: :clap: :rock:

A crime indeed. It was a travesty. No other word for it. I don't mind losing as long as we put up a respectable fight all game long. We lost our inner alpha dog that Sunday. No woof whatsoever IMO.

When my Colts lose, it ruins my whole week. Did you ask for a refund? Just Kidding! Go Blue Baby! :blueshoe:

Luckily I didn't have to pay for em. Lol!

I've only been to LOS once, but I loved it even though I was in the nosebleeds it was still a great view. The only other stadiums I've been in is the Georgia Dome, I actually made it on the field and into the locker rooms because I was getting video highlights and interviews for the Chick-fil-A Bowl, I also saw a Wrestlemania there. I also went to the Colts vs. Redskins preseason game in Landover last year. I've walked past M&T in Baltimore and driven past Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte multiple times.

What I love about LOS, is that you can literally walk around the entire stadium, you are not required to enter a certain gate, or only admitted to the section you're sitting in.  There is a lot to see before the game, and we love walking around, seeing the field from different angles, and there's usually a band playing inside the entrance and lots of other things to see and do before kickoff.   

We've sat in several different sections over the years, and Never had a bad seat.   I loved the RCA Dome, but LOS is pretty spectacular.

I've only been to 3 this year. =p

Seahawks, Broncos, and unfortunately the Rams massacre.

Lol that must have been rough. Did you stay for the whole game? I could never figure out why people would walk out on their team, no matter how bad it gets.

LOS is the best I have been to by far,  most of the places I went to were older though.  I went to Veterans stadium, Oakland Coliseum, Baltimore M&T stadium, RCA/Hoosier Dome, and even to Memorial stadium but was for an Orioles game.

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

I have been to 

Reliant, Super Dome, Everbank, Titans stadium (cant think of the name) Raymond James (tour/visit) our stadium (University of Phx for our game vs Lions last year-1st time) Georgia Dome, Soldier Field.. 

I want to visit Lucas Oil once. The pics make it seem nice.