Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rodgers confirms he will play on sunday

Stephen

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i would rather see stats that are more objective than subjective.  When being subjective it is based on your own personal feelings and opinions and for a stats line that wants to be credible, subjectivity should be out the window. Thats why i always post real numbers with my own opinion/subjective numbers.  Subjectivity allows bias. 

As I said, the "drop" stat is a joke, imo. Seemingly, if a DB/LB is within 3 yards of a WR and the ball is dropped it isn't recorded as a drop. I believe PFF does a very good job of giving a better picture of a players actual drop percentage.

For example, DHB "officially" only has 4 drops and an 8.0% drop rate in 2013. Who buys that?

FYI, for the original argument, Garcon in 2013 "officially" has dropped 3 passes and has a 2.3% drop rate.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Guest TeamLoloJones

lol Aside from the obvious correlation, I highly doubt he would've been available for us in the third he would been at least a early 2nd rounder

Man in that offense, T.Y. would have been absolutely unstoppable.

Because we are tired of other people on the board claiming that players on the practice squad are somehow saviors for underperforming positional groups. We heard the same thing about Whalen, AQ Shipley, Caeser Rayford, and a few others as well. At this point we just are waiting for these practice squad heros to perform like practice squad players so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

Jeff Saturday went undrafted and Robert Mathis wasn't a highly touted rookie either. Not saying every PS player has that level of potential but you can't just write them off all together. We'll never know what we have until we play them. That's why some people are excited to see him. I don't have expectations either way, but I hope he does live up to all the hype around here, won't lie

Jeff Saturday went undrafted and Robert Mathis wasn't a highly touted rookie either. Not saying every PS player has that level of potential but you can't just write them off all together. We'll never know what we have until we play them. That's why some people are excited to see him. I don't have expectations either way, but I hope he does live up to all the hype around here, won't lie

Sure, you always hope theres a hidden gem you stumble upon, but the lengths a lot of people go to in hyping these guys is extreme. By this forum's account, Griff Whalen was the next Wes Welker and Da'Rick Rogers is a Dez Bryant in waiting. Thats extreme.

As I said, the "drop" stat is a joke, imo. Seemingly, if a DB/LB is within 3 yards of a WR and the ball is dropped it isn't recorded as a drop. I believe PFF does a very good job of giving a better picture of a players actual drop percentage.

For example, DHB "officially" only has 4 drops and an 8.0% drop rate in 2013. Who buys that?

FYI, for the original argument, Garcon in 2013 "officially" has dropped 3 passes and has a 2.3% drop rate.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Thats why i wanted to take a look at DHB's film and see what they counted as drops.  I wonder where they truly draw the line though as far as distance from a defender.  Cause if thats the case tell that to the Whalen haters lol.  DB's were within 3 yards of him on his drops (2). 

Sometime bias exists because you know of facts

For example, I couldn't have told you that Aaron Rodgers would be a good QB bc I had never seen him play

But I knew Peyton Manning would be great because I watched him play in college. A bias existed, but that bias allowed me to have a more knowledgable opinion of what to expect for him at the NFL level. The same goes for Da'Rick.

I always said he'd be a steal for anyone that picked him I'm after it became clear that he wasn't going to be drafted. But I'm bit surprised a crummy organization like the bills weren't able to get the most out of Da'Rick, particularly from a mental/maturity standpoint.

We need somebody to step up at WR and make some plays.  Whether he's the next big thing to hit the NFL or he's just another guy earning a paycheck is yet to be seen.  I just hope he can help us move the chains and give our D a rest.  Tired of the slow starts and 3 and outs.  

I expect the same out of him as anybody else who is out on the field, just do your job.  If the ball is thrown your way.....CATCH IT!

It actually wasn't sarcasm at all kiddo. Getting real tired of your passive aggressive one liners and trolling. You did it to someone else today and accused them of using drugs because they disagreed with you. Absolutely disgusting.  Stop replying to me

You do know that you can block him don't you?

Sure, you always hope theres a hidden gem you stumble upon, but the lengths a lot of people go to in hyping these guys is extreme. By this forum's account, Griff Whalen was the next Wes Welker and Da'Rick Rogers is a Dez Bryant in waiting. Thats extreme.

That's what ya get on a fan forum that's wide open for all to join, Some irrational posts and opinions. Some ya just have to not take to seriously...I mean heck you have seen me post an occasional real winner of a statement......although not necessarily THAT out their

Actually pretty excited. Unlike others "Roy hall" Rogers has actually shown something in college at least. He playing for his life, for his future. So time to put that knuckle head stuff behind you and go out and make your $$

how can you even compare Rogers to Roy Hall?

Roy Hall made the HOF without even playing I would like to see Rogers do that.

Roy Hall was the greatest colts player to never play and I was one of his biggest supporters.

I really was no kidding. the Roy Hall threads always used to make me smile. but he really did seem like he would have been great if not for the injuries

Yeah, true. I think a lot of people are just trying to be funny with it though

Yeah, true. I think a lot of people are just trying to be funny with it though

Less trying to be funny and more tying to have fun, there is a difference.

But in all honesty I have full confidence in Da'Rick after watching him for 3 years in college. He should emerge as a legitimate WR for us.

Also, he's sure handed and could be a decent KR/PR as well

I really don't see a situation in which Da'Rick doesn't take the nfl by storm Sunday

While optimism and (declared) bias is fine that's a little OTT. Sure he has all the base physical tools and a good college production but these are, and never have been, guarantees of NFL success. That and to say he will take the NFL by storm this Sunday narrows down your expectation somwhat! 

I am playing devil's advocate a little here I'll admit but it's getting silly to see some of the responses from both extremes of the Rogers debate. He could be a great pick up, he could be nothing special, either way we've not invested much so no big deal. The important thing is once he has the shoe I'll root for him as much as any Colt, but that does not mean I shall proclaim him the messiah of WRs before seeing him play a NFL down. 

It actually wasn't sarcasm at all kiddo. Getting real tired of your passive aggressive one liners and trolling. You did it to someone else today and accused them of using drugs because they disagreed with you. Absolutely disgusting.  Stop replying to me

Did you really just call him kiddo?! Sorry found it funny with your avatar, which I assume is yourself? 

Not a dig, and you stick to your guns, just found it amusing.... kiddo ;)

Sometime bias exists because you know of facts

For example, I couldn't have told you that Aaron Rodgers would be a good QB bc I had never seen him play

But I knew Peyton Manning would be great because I watched him play in college. A bias existed, but that bias allowed me to have a more knowledgable opinion of what to expect for him at the NFL level. The same goes for Da'Rick.

I always said he'd be a steal for anyone that picked him I'm after it became clear that he wasn't going to be drafted. But I'm bit surprised a crummy organization like the bills weren't able to get the most out of Da'Rick, particularly from a mental/maturity standpoint.

Aaron Rodgers = good

Peyton Manning = great

Subtle jab at Rodgers?

I really don't see a situation in which Da'Rick doesn't take the nfl by storm Sunday

I do though. Even if he's on the active roster and is dressed to play, the OC might not give him many opportunities.

I hope they give him plenty of chances because the team needs to know now what he's gonna be. We can't wait till the twilight of the regular season, it's right around the corner.

If he shows a poor shoeing please allow him a chance people.

He needs game time experience and time with the offense..

Luck needs time with him, chemistry is key.

As long as he comes out and plays hard I'll be happy..

The talent is there.

I guess Trent Richardson didn't get this luxury.