Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 game division lead!

Dustin

fd22.gif

Pretty much have the division locked up barring a collapse. 

Yeah , it's really almost a 4 game lead. With one more division win , we would be at 4 . Tenn already has 3 losses. So it looks a bit like this. If the Colts beat Jacksonville at home and win one more of the other 5 games , Tenn would have to go 6-0 to win the division. 

Yeah , it's really almost a 4 game lead. With one more division win , we would be at 4 . Tenn already has 3 losses. So it looks a bit like this. If the Colts beat Jacksonville at home and win one more of the other 5 games , Tenn would have to go 6-0 to win the division. 

You mean Colts go 6-0 in divison right?

You mean Colts go 6-0 in divison right?

No, Colts just need to go 4-2 in the division to have the tiebreaker over Tennessee if they win at LOS in 2 weeks. Indy only needs to win 2 of their last 6 to clinch if the Titans lose even 1 more game. Basically, this game all but clinched the division.

Were in the worst division in football we should have a 3 game lead. We won but i'm still disappointed in Pagano, start off slow for the 3rd straight game. His stop the run, run the ball mentality is what's hurting this team. That approach to the game needs to be changed to pass the ball stop the pass.

He's a good guy and does a great job with DB's but he's terrible as a head coach. He's holding this team back we should be better then this. Were not winning because of him were winning despite him.

If the Colts win their next two games they are the AFC South Champions.  Heck as long as they beat the Titans in two weeks they are in good shape.  If they win that game the only road left for the Titans to win the division is for the Colts to lose out and the Titans to win out and I don't see that happening to either team and that includes that game for each team before the rematch in two weeks.

Were in the worst division in football we should have a 3 game lead. We won but i'm still disappointed in Pagano, start off slow for the 3rd straight game. His stop the run, run the ball mentality is what's hurting this team. That approach to the game needs to be changed to pass the ball stop the pass.

He's a good guy and does a great job with DB's but he's terrible as a head coach. He's holding this team back we should be better then this. Were not winning because of him were winning despite him.

You are ignoring the fact that once the Colts started to run the ball tonight and stop the run tonight the game turned around...

Players are to blame here IMO more than the coaches.  Have the coaches been perfect?  No but honestly when the players are executing we do fine, when they don't we struggle.  it's mostly the same plays being called.  Tonight the Colts came out running more quick screens and quick passes to get the ball out of Luck's hands that we have been calling for and the offense still started slow.  Then once guys stopped dropping passes and the line started blocking for Brown and the ground game took off so did the offense.

On defense we really never did stop the pass tonight.  The Titans drops did more to stop that then anything we did.  Running the ball however we gave up six yards in the second half and the Titans really struggled to move the ball most of the second half. 

Winning the division is top priority.

But we need to capture at least the 3 seed.

Otherwise, with the 4 seed, we would most likely play KC or Denver in the first round.

With our remaining schedule, the 3 seed shouldn't be too difficult to lock down. The Bengals are even more unstable week to week than we are and 2 other teams in the North are 2 games back with a lot to play for. I really feel that the North will have the 4 seed and will have KC or Denver in the first round.

You are ignoring the fact that once the Colts started to run the ball tonight and stop the run tonight the game turned around...

Players are to blame here IMO more than the coaches.  Have the coaches been perfect?  No but honestly when the players are executing we do fine, when they don't we struggle.  it's mostly the same plays being called.  Tonight the Colts came out running more quick screens and quick passes to get the ball out of Luck's hands that we have been calling for and the offense still started slow.  Then once guys stopped dropping passes and the line started blocking for Brown and the ground game took off so did the offense.

On defense we really never did stop the pass tonight.  The Titans drops did more to stop that then anything we did.  Running the ball however we gave up six yards in the second half and the Titans really struggled to move the ball most of the second half. 

Well in my opinion the way the team has started  the last 3 games slow and sluggish it is a reflection on the coaches because they look unprepared. The Colts may win the division but they will struggle in the playoffs if they get behind in the first half. Luck can only carry you so far so to speak. That's just my :2c:  for what it's worth.

Glad we have a big lead in the division.   Plus all our remaining division games are at home, which is a big help.

Now what we have to do is try to at least hold onto the #3 seed in the playoffs or improve to a better seed.

The #4 seed is ripe for an upset because they will likely end up having to play KC or Denver.  A rough draw for anyone, even if you are at home.

The #3 seed puts us against a much lesser team.  If the playoffs started right now we would be matched up against the Jets at home.   A game against that level of opponent is certainly more attractive as far as moving on in the playoffs then another game against Denver or one against KC.  

No, Colts just need to go 4-2 in the division to have the tiebreaker over Tennessee if they win at LOS in 2 weeks. Indy only needs to win 2 of their last 6 to clinch if the Titans lose even 1 more game. Basically, this game all but clinched the division.

And I believe the Titans have Denver in a couple of weeks.

Not that it's impossible, but......

Even with the drop off in form and the injuries I still see us going at least 10-6. I think if the team got it's act together for a full 60 mins each Sunday then #2 seed wouldn't be out the question but most likely we'll be #4.

Nah, the Bengals will derp around and keep the North close and back in via the #4 seed where they will play the Chiefs. A couple losses by Denver or New England though, and Indy may be in buisness for a first round bye.

Nah, the Bengals will derp around and keep the North close and back in via the #4 seed where they will play the Chiefs. A couple losses by Denver or New England though, and Indy may be in buisness for a first round bye.

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of the Bengals, and the Pats will most likely get #2 without having really played that well (so far). It's a been a strange season all round so far. 

Well in my opinion the way the team has started the last 3 games slow and sluggish it is a reflection on the coaches because they look unprepared. The Colts may win the division but they will struggle in the playoffs if they get behind in the first half. Luck can only carry you so far so to speak. That's just my :2c: for what it's worth.

I don't think they were ready for the Rams game but the others the players just didn't play well early. It wasn't the play calls really because especially last night they calked the same stuff all game and the players just executed better latter. I put it more on the players not pushing well early.

I don't think they were ready for the Rams game but the others the players just didn't play well early. It wasn't the play calls really because especially last night they calked the same stuff all game and the players just executed better latter. I put it more on the players not pushing well early.

Well we just have different opinions on the coaching staff and that is what a forum board is about. Different strokes for different folks. :yes: