Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Martin-Incognito Saga Continues

PrincetonTiger

2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

@AdamSchefter

3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

@AdamSchefter

17m

3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

@AdamSchefter17m

4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

@AdamSchefter16m

NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

Good call putting this joker on the team leadership council of players to lead the team.

@AdamSchefter

17m

@AdamSchefter17m

@AdamSchefter16m

Breaking news: Riley Cooper demands trade to the dolphins

And I thought Riley Cooper was bad.  Some poeple are just A-holes.  I'm all for locker room banter, making the rookies carry the equipment, buying the turkey for the team thanksgiving dinner.  This stuff has been commonplace for years.  And I don't get all the flak that peoplare giving Martin on some other sports forums.  That he should "stand up for himself," while that is in part true and what the storm out was all about, in any place of employment, you walk a fine line of keeping the peace and knowing which things are worth the fight.  By making a scene over the little things, you run the risk of losing your job, retirement and insurance benefits, and means of supporting your family.  Don't do anything, and the harrassment will only get worse over time.  If you get to keep your job, you only ensure that you've alienated yourself in some regards to other teammates, making life with them worse than it already is.

And I thought Riley Cooper was bad.  Some poeple are just A-holes.  I'm all for locker room banter, making the rookies carry the equipment, buying the turkey for the team thanksgiving dinner.  This stuff has been commonplace for years.  And I don't get all the flak that peoplare giving Martin on some other sports forums.  That he should "stand up for himself," while that is in part true and what the storm out was all about, in any place of employment, you walk a fine line of keeping the peace and knowing which things are worth the fight.  By making a scene over the little things, you run the risk of losing your job, retirement and insurance benefits, and means of supporting your family.  Don't do anything, and the harrassment will only get worse over time.  If you get to keep your job, you only ensure that you've alienated yourself in some regards to other teammates, making life with them worse than it already is.

Sad thing is, there are players other than Richie and Cooper who are like this. No where near severe as Richie though.

Thing is that the NFL is not anymore a place where getting in a fight with a teammate is going to be viewed in any positive light.  

And the other problem is you get into a fight with him, what kind of control do you have about the story that comes out.  The media story about the thing could just paint Martin as a crazy guy that walked up to a teammate and decked him for no reason.

Also, I suppose it's possible that while vets know where the lines is drawn in how you treat rookies.  Perhaps Martin being a rookie didn't know where that line was and put up with a bunch of crap thinking it was a normal part of being in the NFL.

Thing is that the NFL is not anymore a place where getting in a fight with a teammate is going to be viewed in any positive light.

And the other problem is you get into a fight with him, what kind of control do you have about the story that comes out. The media story about the thing could just paint Martin as a crazy guy that walked up to a teammate and decked him for no reason.

Also, I suppose it's possible that while vets know where the lines is drawn in how you treat rookies. Perhaps Martin being a rookie didn't know where that line was and put up with a bunch of crap thinking it was a normal part of being in the NFL.

It doesnt help when the guy who the team put in the leadership position to help young guys figure that out is also the one that's the problem. It still amazes me that Incognito was on the leadership council.

And the other problem is you get into a fight with him, what kind of control do you have about the story that comes out.  The media story about the thing could just paint Martin as a crazy guy that walked up to a teammate and decked him for no reason.

Also, I suppose it's possible that while vets know where the lines is drawn in how you treat rookies.  Perhaps Martin being a rookie didn't know where that line was and put up with a bunch of crap thinking it was a normal part of being in the NFL.

That's very true and probably why this went on for soo long without Martin doing anything.  Not to mention, the NFL can suspend you just based off there being a police report filed on you - sometimes they wait to see how it plays out, but they aren't required to.  With the media "telling the story" it makes your defense an uphill battle. 

Oh my god....ESPN, have you no shame? 

It isn't enough to remove MNF from the free airwaves, but you gotta get nasty too? 

ESPN has been reading Incognito's transcript of the voicemail all day. MNF.....dammit...people watch that with their little kids. I watched that with my dad when I was frickin' 5. 

And there these bottomfeeding media jerks are, reading off "I'm gonna ____ in your ____ mouth". 

Seriously? That's what they do now? 

It isn't enough to remove MNF from the free airwaves, but you gotta get nasty too?

ESPN has been reading Incognito's transcript of the voicemail all day. MNF.....dammit...people watch that with their little kids. I watched that with my dad when I was frickin' 5.

And there these bottomfeeding media jerks are, reading off "I'm gonna ____ in your ____ mouth".

its like the craziest game of mad libs ever

Its Disney. Theyll do anything for a quick buck as long as the branding isnt immediatly recognizable as them.

Its Disney. Theyll do anything for a quick buck as long as the branding isnt immediatly recognizable as them.

You got that right. They already made a killing by selling sex to my daughter when she was growing up. Those "comedy" show they run all day and night....95% of it is sex sex sex. Shirtless hot boys, constantly pushing the notion that you're worth your looks and it ends there. 

I mean...they read this crap all day, do they really feel that what is said in that transcript is so important that they must read it during their flagship NFL program? A show that they encourage families to watch together.