LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 4, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 4, 2013 - response to hidden post

no need to get personal because I made your bad point look bad.

I'm going off of what others have been saying about you all along, hehe.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I appreciate your frustration…. But you and I have had this exact same conversation before.      What can I tell you?   The world changed.  Information used to come in your morning newspaper or the 10 or 11p news.  Info moved slowly.      Now information moves at the speed of a tweet.  The pressure to keep up has exploded.   Most people don’t get their news from the paper,  they get it from their phone.   Everyone is doing the best they can under extremely different circumstances.  Well…. Most everyone.    And what may be crap to some is fine for others.   In this thread here, @Superman noted that for some people the news is good or bad simply if they agree with it or not.  We, all of us,  are far, far more tribal than we ever used to be when we were younger.      The world has changed for better and worse.   Who was the former Indy Star writer who left to join The Athletic.  He wrote about now, for the first time in his life, having to worry about selling subscriptions.  And if he didn’t hit quotas he was going to get fired.  I was horrified for him.  My heart broke for him.  Why The Athletic thinks that’s a good business model is beyond me, but they do.   That kind of excruciating pressure will inevitably lead to bad editorial decisions.  A real shame.      I don’t know what kind of response you were expecting from me….  But these are my thoughts.   Hope it clarified.  
    • It's a valid concern. We had a powerhouse post on this from one of our members after the Colts made the pick. You should check it out.      
    • Laiatu Latu is one of the best pass rushers in the draft, but I am a bit concerned about his past neck injury. He had to go several doctors before finding one who allowed him to play. I'm sure the Colts vetted him before drafting (as did other teams who wanted him), so they must feel he's safe enough.    However, this injury could re occur sometime, and cause later problems. Consider the Cowboys Leighton Vander Esh who was a very good player but finally had to retire due to a nagging neck injury.    Is anyone else concerned about this? Or am I jumping to conclusions? 
    • I agree.   Not only is it important to be first but those stories that generate the most clicks make the most money.   In this day and age you have to be very sensationalist, be first and generate the most clicks.   Truth be damned
  • Members