Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Keenum will Start vs Colts

HtownColt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Texas Football, we breed QBs, good and bad lol

@AlbertBreer: Texas HS QBs starting for NFL teams: Brees, Stafford, Keenum, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Dalton, Ponder, McCown. Flynn, Foles also got starts

That's nothing. tiny Mississippi, where I live produced the top QB yardage in Favre, the top RB in yardage for years in Walter Payton and the top WR ever I. Jerry Rice. Tons of greats came from here.

He's still new and this is SNF with a lot of pressure on him....

I am a tad surprised because Schuab has actually had good games vs. us before. But, I can't complain. Our D just has to do it's job.

Did you watch that game or just look at the stats ? If you just looked at the stats , here's my take on his performance.

I hope this doesn't draw the ire of any Texan fans that might be lurking around this thread but here goes. My take was that Kubiak really tried to keep "Schaub" in a safe zone that game. Almost everything he completed  was a safe throw. Nothing much at all thrown into anything even close to a tight window. There was also a lot of yards after the catch. Not saying he was bad but he was not as good as the stats might indicate.

Too bad. I was hoping they'd both stay for years to come. I always enjoy their magic at the end of every season.

You know, their great disappearing act.

You have been a fire with some good humor this past 24 hours. Twice now you gave me a good laugh.

I read somewhere that Tate has cracked ribs. That's hurts like crazy. He cant be to productive.

Keenum is a scrambling QB isn't he? If so that's gonna be harder to game plan for and harder on our D.

Rather see Schaub start we know what we are getting with him.

This game is gonna be a dog fight for 60 minutes in Texas. Division games are always tough.

Keenum , I think anyway , is more nifty than a scrambler. He has good feet , can avoid a rush and keep a play alive. It would be a case of bad defense if he ran for a bunch of yards on us.

Keenum , I think anyway , is more nifty than a scrambler. He has good feet , can avoid a rush and keep a play alive. It would be a case of bad defense if he ran for a bunch of yards on us.

I think we play them with the S in the box, making Keenum pass to beat us. He's smart but doesn't have the strongest arm.

I hope it would be true that Foster won't be playing.  I keep getting this gut feeling that the Texans are going to try and play this thing in a similar manner as the Chargers did.  Just punch it down our throat all day long.  Of course I do feel a whole heck of a lot better with Landry playing.

Gotta love Texas Football, we breed QBs, good and bad lol

@AlbertBreer: Texas HS QBs starting for NFL teams: Brees, Stafford, Keenum, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Dalton, Ponder, McCown. Flynn, Foles also got starts

And yet, UT can't land any of them. That's like coaching basketball at IU and not being able to find a white guy that can shoot.

I think we play them with the S in the box, making Keenum pass to beat us. He's smart but doesn't have the strongest arm.

Either we have great receivers or Case is accurate without looking like it. He was heaving the ball up in the air like a madman and was getting big completions and gains from them. I don't know how far along he'll be in terms of reads but playing the S up front wouldn't be wise, unless we are using Tate/Arian as pounders for possession. (Doubt that though, since Kubiak unleashed Case without any inhibitions in the passing game last week.)

And yet, UT can't land any of them. That's like coaching basketball at IU and not being able to find a white guy that can shoot.

Or coaching at IU and watching every good Indiana high school player go to Kentucky.

This has a back to the future type feel for me. Every Texans fans 5-7 years ago went through having a new QB by the midpoint of the season like they are now. Only to subsequentially get plastered by Indy. History may repeat itself.

Keenum had good poise for a guy making his first start. He made a lot of good throws. He demonstrated that he could see the field clearly, making good decisions. The Houston O-line did a good job of protecting him against the Chiefs basic pass rush.

However, when Keenum was faced with overloaded blitz pressure, he folded. We have to get aggressive against Houston and take the game away early. We shouldn't expect our D-line to produce enough pressure without blitzes.

That's nothing. tiny Mississippi, where I live produced the top QB yardage in Favre, the top RB in yardage for years in Walter Payton and the top WR ever I. Jerry Rice. Tons of greats came from here.

You really don't want to go outside of the QB position because that Texas list is long:

Here is just a couple of notable the active Texas players not QBs:

Adrian Peterson

Von Miller

Trent Williams

Brian Orakpo

Daryl Washington

Earl Thomas

Derrick Johnson

Jermichael Finley

Cory Redding

Charles Tillman

Jerrell Freeman

Jamaal Charles

Dez Bryant

Michael Crabtree

Eric Winston

Manny Ramirez

Louis Vasquez

Josh Scobee

Aqib Talib

Shane Lechler

Here is the rest: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=2b045811-bf0a-4f85-b49f-6223e6a711b2

That's just notable active players that's not including greats like Earl Campbell, Dick "Night train" Lane, Raymond Berry, Lance Alworth, Eric Dickerson, Mike Singletary, Mean Joe Greene, John Randle, Thurman Thomas etc

I said this last week against the Chiefs, AND I WILL REPEAT IT AGAIN, Keenum should not be taken lightly, especially when he's at home. The kid has talent.

If the Texans D plays a good game, then this could be a close one.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Another trap game for the Colts. #99 is going to be hard for our line to block - or any line for that matter but especially ours..

I think managing Watt is the biggest key to the game. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I said this last week against the Chiefs, AND I WILL REPEAT IT AGAIN, Keenum should not be taken lightly, especially when he's at home. The kid has talent.

If the Texans D plays a good game, then this could be a close one.

At least our defense has one game of tape to look at.  KC had no clue what to expect.

If we take away his 101 yard return he averaged 28.4 yards per return which would have been 2nd in the league. 

How many of those were from deep in the endzone, or atleast 5 yards in?  They count that yardage too.  This gives him between 20-25 yards per return.  As any returner should get, otherwise just take the touchback.  I didnt say he was worse than what we have.  He just did what he was supposed to do.  I just dont get overly excited about someone who does what they are paid to do what they are expected to do.

You really don't want to go outside of the QB position because that Texas list is long:

Here is just a couple of notable the active Texas players not QBs:

Adrian Peterson

Von Miller

Trent Williams

Brian Orakpo

Daryl Washington

Earl Thomas

Derrick Johnson

Jermichael Finley

Cory Redding

Charles Tillman

Jerrell Freeman

Jamaal Charles

Dez Bryant

Michael Crabtree

Eric Winston

Manny Ramirez

Louis Vasquez

Josh Scobee

Aqib Talib

Shane Lechler

Here is the rest: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=2b045811-bf0a-4f85-b49f-6223e6a711b2

That's just notable active players that's not including greats like Earl Campbell, Dick "Night train" Lane, Raymond Berry, Lance Alworth, Eric Dickerson, Mike Singletary, Mean Joe Greene, John Randle, Thurman Thomas etc

There's a lot of mediocre talent you have on your list.  I'm talking about big time talent like I mentioned. 

Texas is such a big time football state that A & M moved to the SEC.  That's how great (NOT) Texas is.  and as great as Johnny Manzel is, he still can't win a championship because the SEC is just too darn tough.

Either we have great receivers or Case is accurate without looking like it. He was heaving the ball up in the air like a madman and was getting big completions and gains from them. I don't know how far along he'll be in terms of reads but playing the S up front wouldn't be wise, unless we are using Tate/Arian as pounders for possession. (Doubt that though, since Kubiak unleashed Case without any inhibitions in the passing game last week.)

Awww QwizBoy is defending and advertising his/her scrubby qb...cute

Keenum had good poise for a guy making his first start. He made a lot of good throws. He demonstrated that he could see the field clearly, making good decisions. The Houston O-line did a good job of protecting him against the Chiefs basic pass rush.

However, when Keenum was faced with overloaded blitz pressure, he folded. We have to get aggressive against Houston and take the game away early. We shouldn't expect our D-line to produce enough pressure without blitzes.

I wonder if the Colts study Sun Tzu's Art of War? Generally, attack where your opponent is weak, defend where your opponent is strong. Of course attacking can expose weakness and defending can expose their strength - you must know your opponent as well as you know yourself.

There's a lot of mediocre talent you have on your list.  I'm talking about big time talent like I mentioned. 

Texas is such a big time football state that A & M moved to the SEC.  That's how great (NOT) Texas is.  and as great as Johnny Manzel is, he still can't win a championship because the SEC is just too darn tough.

What's your argument here exactly? That Texas sucks? In that case go jump it.

Awww QwizBoy is defending and advertising his/her scrubby qb...cute

....okay? That was random. I don't know where you got defense or advertising out of a few observations I made, you know, watching my QB play.

As far as 'cute', well that's your own problem but keep me out of it.

....okay? That was random. I don't know where you got defense or advertising out of a few observations I made, you know, watching my QB play.

As far as 'cute', well that's your own problem but keep me out of it lol.

He thinks you're cute. Actually he probably just envisions Sharipova typing all these posts. I don't blame him

He thinks you're cute. Actually he probably just envisions Sharipova typing all these posts. I don't blame him

Pretty much this ;)

As far as 'cute', well that's your own problem but keep me out of it.

It was just a joke. Unfortunately as a Colts fan I know all too well of letting a no name or "scrub" qb come in and bust us open. 

Pretty much this ;)

It was just a joke. Unfortunately as a Colts fan I know all too well of letting a no name or "scrub" qb come in and bust us open.

Cool beans GM. My last line was meant to be a little humorous as well, it's just hard to sense humor through the screen sometimes. But what scrub are you referring to? Pryor did well but still lost haha I'd rather have a subpar game by the QB and get the W though

Cool beans GM. My last line was meant to be a little humorous as well, it's just hard to sense humor through the screen sometimes. But what scrub are you referring to? Pryor did well but still lost haha I'd rather have a subpar game by the QB and get the W though

He was speaking for history's sake not recent haha.