Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could you imagine an injury free Indianapolis Colts?

bap1331

I think that we would be the best dynasty in NFL history. Just imagine if we had Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard on the game against the Broncos. What truly would have been the score?

If you ask me, Colts would have won 48 to 14. Bradshaw and Ballard would have pounded that Broncos defense and tired them out. The game would have been over by the 3rd quarter.

I know that there are injury prevention programs that players around the NFL use all the time. I think that we should really start investing in those for all our players.

Or were gonna have to put everyone on bubblewrap during the games...

I think that we would be the best dynasty in NFL history. Just imagine if we had Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard on the game against the Broncos. What truly would have been the score?

If you ask me, Colts would have won 48 to 14. Bradshaw and Ballard would have pounded that Broncos defense and tired them out. The game would have been over by the 3rd quarter.

I know that there are injury prevention programs that players around the NFL use all the time. I think that we should really start investing in those for all our players.

but what if the Broncos (or any other team) were injury free?  Having Bradshaw and Ballard might not have helped us much as you think.  The better our rb's are...the more Pep is going to run the ball rather than pass.  My opinion is that we do our best offensively when Andrew Luck is making a play with has arm or his feet.  Handing the ball off doesn't improve our offense.

So T-Rich isn't as good Ballard?

Obviously not yet. But I see potential in T-Rich. I think he needs some time in the offseason to adjust to the Colts. Coming in midseason isn't always the best position for any player having to learn the playbook and adjust to a new team...

I think that we would be the best dynasty in NFL history.

Maybe you need to put bubblewrap over your keyboard.

All teams have injuries, and you have a vivid imagination.

Judging from the immediate jettisoning of players such as Clark, Brackett, Bullit, Collie, etc, I don't think Grigson is the kind of GM that's going to hang on to oft-injured players.   

I suspect Bradshaw won't be back.  I bet if any player on IR this season ends up back on IR next season they won't be back in 2015 either.  Gotta be on the field.

The Broncos didn't have Clady,Woodyard, and their RT Franklin so we don't know how the game would have changed. Injuries are apart of the game every team has them.

I think that's an awfully generous assumption. I think we would be an even better team if we were 100% healthy but hey injuries are part of the game. Saying that we would become the greatest dynasty in NFL history is a little premature and overboard. Lets win the division first.

So T-Rich isn't as good Ballard?

Right now NO he is averaging 3.0 yards per carry when Ballard before he got injured was averaging 4.8 yards per carry so what does that tell you and my answer is T-Rich has work to do if he don't improve then he isn't helping us he really hurt the colts in the 4th quarter in the Denver game when one he lost a fumble and wasn't getting anywhere with his carries so he is a bust until he proves to me otherwise.

Wow, can you imagine an injury free Broncos? Ryan Clady is still there and Mathis does not get the same pressure on Peyton that he gets with Chris Clark, their starting center is Dan Koppen and their right tackle is not a guard in Vasquez plus both Champ Bailey and their MLB Wesley Woodyard are healthy. See, everyone can play that game. :)

Then, Patriots would still have Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo and Gronk healthy and still playing starting game 1.

Silly thread. Injuries are part of the game, no IFs can change it.

Vick Ballard is the colts best runningback on the roster better than Bradshaw much better NFL player than Richardson. However, I still think the O-line needs help. Richardson would be best to backup Ballard. If Thomas, Allen, Wayne, Ballard and Hickman were healthy now with the rest healthy the Colts are best overall and undefeated. The talent can speak for itself from previous years. If the colts ran like they are this year Ballard would have easily had well over 1000 yards. And Allen last year had a lot of the scores and catches. He is an excellent complimentary player to the passing and running game.

You could say that about any team though.  Keep in mind the Broncos had to essentially scrap together an OL because they lost both tackles.  So even if we had Ballard and Bradshaw, they would have some of the league's better tackles in Clady and Franklin.  In that case, it's possible the Mathis sack doesn't happen.  Who knows how the game would have turned out?

would you imagine the broncos with no miller suspension, healthy champ bailey, healthy Clady, healthy jd walton?

can you imagine the patriots with no hernandez trial and a healthy gronkowski?

seahawks with a healthy OL and percy harvin?

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace

You, you may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you will join us

And the world will be as one

So sorry. I couldn't help it.

It would be a welcome sight to see Pep let T Rich loose in some spread formations instead of running solely out of jumbo.     He is running into his OL's boo boo 2/3rd of the time.   

I see the quickness and shiftiness in him, he will  be fine...    he really needs the staff to help him out a little bit.  

I totally expect to see T Rich's touches be more imaginative coming off of the bye.   If not I will really be disappointed in this coaching staff.   He is capable of playing in any role in the backfield, he just need time to learn the playbook and start "playing" instead of "thinking".. 

Right now NO he is averaging 3.0 yards per carry when Ballard before he got injured was averaging 4.8 yards per carry so what does that tell you and my answer is T-Rich has work to do if he don't improve then he isn't helping us he really hurt the colts in the 4th quarter in the Denver game when one he lost a fumble and wasn't getting anywhere with his carries so he is a bust until he proves to me otherwise.