Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So about this trade deadline.... What do you think we'll do?

Gibbons180

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have 52 players on the active roste.......We need a TE and we need a 5th wr, I would not be surprised to see them release Larry Asante to bring us to 51 players which leaves 2 spots open....1 for a FA wr (Laurent Robinson) and a run blocking TE.....Yes thats right Brody Eldridge is available if he can stay clean, Todd Heap is to if we want another receiving TE to get us through the rest of this season....if any of those guys are healthy

Trade a mediocre player for another mediocre player, maybe ones who don't fit their respective schemes or are in their coaches' doghouse for some reason.

Exactly.  Something less ambitious then what many hope for on the forum. Huge trades rarely happen in the NFL.  This isn't MLB.  Grigson has already surpassed the quota on huge trades this season, so the chance is small.  But not exactly zero either...   

Only reason I say a move will be made is because we are still at 52 on the roster. Why haven't we promoted a WR of the PS. Makes me wonder if something is in the works

I think nobody has been moved because the coaching staff is still deciding between Brazil, Whalen, Rodgers, and Reed. 

We will go in house regardless. 

The fact that it's a bye week doesn't mean wait to promote a player

True, but if we promote a PS player and another option comes up, we have to wave the PS player, they have to clear waviers, and if they do we can put them back on the PS.  You also can only do this so many times and they become ineligible to be placed back on your PS.  Bye week, no hurry.... expect move Monday......

if we were going to make a trade it would have happened already, or there would be a lot of talk buzzing around on tv and the net. plus we all know irsay cant keep quiet about anything and he would tweet about it lol.  reason i say this is because the colts had this whole week off of practice and they only got 2 more days until their back at work. would be better to bring in someone now then waiting until the middle of the week. we are going to stand with what we have and bring someone up off the PS come monday

if we were going to make a trade it would have happened already, or there would be a lot of talk buzzing around on tv and the net. plus we all know irsay cant keep quiet about anything and he would tweet about it lol.  reason i say this is because the colts had this whole week off of practice and they only got 2 more days until their back at work. would be better to bring in someone now then waiting until the middle of the week. we are going to stand with what we have and bring someone up off the PS come monday

There is no practice at all this week, so besides travel and adjustment time there would be no advantage to signing a FA today vs. Monday.

we have 52 players on the active roste.......We need a TE and we need a 5th wr, I would not be surprised to see them release Larry Asante to bring us to 51 players which leaves 2 spots open....1 for a FA wr (Laurent Robinson) and a run blocking TE.....Yes thats right Brody Eldridge is available if he can stay clean, Todd Heap is to if we want another receiving TE to get us through the rest of this season....if any of those guys are healthy

Holy Smokes. There is not a snowball's chance in you know where the they bring back Eldridge. As long as you throwing names against a wall, why not suggest Kellen Winslow Sr? That is just as likely as Eldridge.

I think nobody has been moved because the coaching staff is still deciding between Brazil, Whalen, Rodgers, and Reed. 

We will go in house regardless. 

I think they know amongst those players who to bring up if that is what they want to do.

Griggs is looking at all options to improve the team before the trade deadline.

Would have been Awesome to have had our bye week a week later.

He needs a TE that can block, an upgrade at ILB for depth (Harvey & Sheppard are WEAK IMO), and a Quality slot WR.

He can probably find a TE that can help. It would be a Pleasant surprise if he made a LB move. Letting Fokou go was a MISTAKE!!!!

We have guys that have been getting coached up in Peps O, so only a real Stud would help us with this much of the season gone. Andrew is still not locked in with his current WR`s on his timing. Getting better tho week by week.

idk irsay has been extremely quiet on twitter this week ...ik he's usually twitting like mad when they are going after someone but this time i think the fact he has been so quiet makes me wonder

Perhaps he learned his lesson after the "whopper". I think we are likely lookong at multiple options at this point.

I think they know amongst those players who to bring up if that is what they want to do.

Griggs is looking at all options to improve the team before the trade deadline.

Would have been Awesome to have had our bye week a week later.

He needs a TE that can block, an upgrade at ILB for depth (Harvey & Sheppard are WEAK IMO), and a Quality slot WR.

He can probably find a TE that can help. It would be a Pleasant surprise if he made a LB move. Letting Fokou go was a MISTAKE!!!!

We have guys that have been getting coached up in Peps O, so only a real Stud would help us with this much of the season gone. Andrew is still not locked in with his current WR`s on his timing. Getting better tho week by week.

Exactly. Conner needs to be out there ahead of BOTH of those guys. I'm not sure why the coaching staff hates him so much. :( 

The fact that we haven't signed a FA WR or TE yet tells me that we might be leaning towards bringing up Whalen, Rogers, and/or Cunningham from the PS.  There would be more of a hurry to get someone outside the organization, since they'd be in a mad rush to bring him up to speed...  Just my humble opinion, though Grigson has repeatedly pulled surprise moves.

I strongly suggest we trade our second round pick for a proven wideout that has faced the NFLs' best corners and is in the prime of his career...did I mention STILL YOUNG??

Name a wideout in college that has blown the doors off of teams and torched defenses this year besides Sammy Watkins (DONT WORRY, I WILL WAIT). Gordon is the best fit for us right now. He has some maturing to do, but he is not a problem nor a distraction. He is young, explosive and will stretch the field for Luck to do his thing. Nicks is just cant stay healthy a full season. He is not reliable. Don't get me wrong, he is a remarkable talent but he has some character concerns and hasn't done anything to prove he is deserving of a fat contract (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?)

It would be careless of Grigson not to trade our second rounder for a wideout. Luck is throwing the pigskin to butterfinger recievers right now. Outside of Hilton stretching the field and torching defenses, we're hurting. Think about it...Fleener was suppose to produce like Clark once produced, but yet he is under performing, plus he catches the ball when he feels like it. He needs to step up POINT BLANK PERIOD. Heyward-Bey has the speed but he cant catch a cold. He is going hard and balling so I cant be mad at that.

Grigson? Make the trade for Gordon ASAP!!!!

There is always the need to trade draft picks for proven talent. This isnt one of those times. Colts simply dont have the available picks to get Gordon and certainly arent going after Blackmon like some of yall want. Colts would be fullish to go in the draft with no 1 2 or 4.

There is always the need to trade draft picks for proven talent. This isnt one of those times. Colts simply dont have the available picks to get Gordon and certainly arent going after Blackmon like some of yall want. Colts would be fullish to go in the draft with no 1 2 or 4.

The Colts are conceivably only a talented WR from a Super Bowl. It would be foolish to ruin that chance just to keep a 2nd and/or 3rd round pick in this draft

I strongly suggest we trade our second round pick for a proven wideout that has faced the NFLs' best corners and is in the prime of his career...did I mention STILL YOUNG??

Name a wideout in college that has blown the doors off of teams and torched defenses this year besides Sammy Watkins (DONT WORRY, I WILL WAIT). Gordon is the best fit for us right now. He has some maturing to do, but he is not a problem nor a distraction. He is young, explosive and will stretch the field for Luck to do his thing. Nicks is just cant stay healthy a full season. He is not reliable. Don't get me wrong, he is a remarkable talent but he has some character concerns and hasn't done anything to prove he is deserving of a fat contract (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?)

It would be careless of Grigson not to trade our second rounder for a wideout. Luck is throwing the pigskin to butterfinger recievers right now. Outside of Hilton stretching the field and torching defenses, we're hurting. Think about it...Fleener was suppose to produce like Clark once produced, but yet he is under performing, plus he catches the ball when he feels like it. He needs to step up POINT BLANK PERIOD. Heyward-Bey has the speed but he cant catch a cold. He is going hard and balling so I cant be mad at that.

Grigson? Make the trade for Gordon ASAP!!!!

Mike Davis: Texas

Kenny Bell & Amari Cooper: Alabama

Just to name a few options for a WR. Sammy Watkins too much like a Ty Hilton for us. Basically the same kinda player. We need a top dog. A go getter. No more speed. Power & height is needed

This team has the ability to compete even with the current roster at WR. 

Have you seen the Patriots play this year? They've won but it definitely haven't been pretty and to be honest I don't think the Colts could've pulled off all those wins. It is much easier to open the field and therefore score touchdowns when you have a #1 WR that pulls coverage.

I've personally never cared for the draft cause it's a 50/50 gamble. There's been numerous player's who've balled out in college then got to the NFL and were average or flat out sucked.

I'd rather trade the draft picks for proven guys. But that's just my opinion *shrugs & sips apple juice*

Some of you act as if getting a WR is the most important thing in the world. Last time I checked we have one of the best QBs to come out of college the last 15 years. He will do well with whoever is out there. Brazill/Whalen or Rogers will all step up. I expect big things from Hilton and Fleener.

Nothing. Next man up. Luck has plenty of talent surrounding him. Many teams with less are playing just as good as us....outside of Denver I think we have just as much talent on offense as anyone...and on defense I think we can matchup with anyone as well...proved it against Denver. We aren't a perfect team..but we have plenty if everyone plays their game and mans up and takes care of their business. We may bring in a veteren receiver if our core falters but I'm seeing FA....we've can't mortgage our draft future just to give Luck another target this year. Seattle's WRs don't scare anyone, SF, NE, and KC either. Those qbs are doing just fine and so are the teams. Luck will utilize what he has. There are teams like Denver, Dallas, GB, and NO that have built their team around the passing game and offensive side of the ball but we have seen all those teams are beatable....and can be one dimensional. We role as we are...and we should be good enough to win our division and a shot at a first rd bye.

Nothing. Next man up. Luck has plenty of talent surrounding him. Many teams with less are playing just as good as us....outside of Denver I think we have just as much talent on offense as anyone...and on defense I think we can matchup with anyone as well...proved it against Denver. We aren't a perfect team..but we have plenty if everyone plays their game and mans up and takes care of their business. We may bring in a veteren receiver if our core falters but I'm seeing FA....we've can't mortgage our draft future just to give Luck another target this year. Seattle's WRs don't scare anyone, SF, NE, and KC either. Those qbs are doing just fine and so are the teams. Luck will utilize what he has. There are teams like Denver, Dallas, GB, and NO that have built their team around the passing game and offensive side of the ball but we have seen all those teams are beatable....and can be one dimensional. We role as we are...and we should be good enough to win our division and a shot at a first rd bye.

When Seattle and San Francisco's WRs all come back from injury soon then I would love to see someone say they don't scare anyone. Seattle has Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin (and Golden Tate who ripped our secondary). San Francisco has Anquan Boldin and Crabtree as well as Vernon Davis at tight end.

When Seattle and San Francisco's WRs all come back from injury soon then I would love to see someone say they don't scare anyone. Seattle has Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin (and Golden Tate who ripped our secondary). San Francisco has Anquan Boldin and Crabtree as well as Vernon Davis at tight end.

Tom Brady got it done with Troy Brown....we can win with the guys we have that is all I'm saying. If Luck plays to his ability, we continue to punish with the run and our defense plays stout...no reason we can't win our division and have home field in the playoffs. Reggie is great....he's a pro....but it wasn't like he was playing pro bowl football...we will miss his leadership far more than his tds. What he did was give Luck an emergency guy....knowing he could always rely on Reggie....he was great on 3rd downs but we have guys that simply will have to step up. I will be afraid of SF and SEA because they play hard hard nose defense and pound the rock (when they win)...Kaep and Wilson lift their game and make plays...the receivers....plug in anyone...those guys aren't any better than TY and DHB. Wilson and Kaep go a long way to making them look good....buying time...with their legs..and then hitting guys on the run. If Luck can raise his game...we will be right there playing one of those two in Jan/Feb. I'm not saying our guys playing like they did against SD...but our guys if they step up their games are more than capable of being every bit as good as the ones you mentioned. It will be up to Luck to lead them. Now is the time we see him start his legacy...show what kind of leader he can be. Its his team now....training wheels are off.

Tom Brady got it done with Troy Brown....we can win with the guys we have that is all I'm saying. If Luck plays to his ability, we continue to punish with the run and our defense plays stout...no reason we can't win our division and have home field in the playoffs. Reggie is great....he's a pro....but it wasn't like he was playing pro bowl football...we will miss his leadership far more than his tds. What he did was give Luck an emergency guy....knowing he could always rely on Reggie....he was great on 3rd downs but we have guys that simply will have to step up. I will be afraid of SF and SEA because they play hard hard nose defense and pound the rock (when they win)...Kaep and Wilson lift their game and make plays...the receivers....plug in anyone...those guys aren't any better than TY and DHB. Wilson and Kaep go a long way to making them look good....buying time...with their legs..and then hitting guys on the run. If Luck can raise his game...we will be right there playing one of those two in Jan/Feb. I'm not saying our guys playing like they did against SD...but our guys if they step up their games are more than capable of being every bit as good as the ones you mentioned. It will be up to Luck to lead them. Now is the time we see him start his legacy...show what kind of leader he can be. Its his team now....training wheels are off.

Reggie was producing really well statistically as well as Luck's bail to guy and he did all of this while drawing number one corners allowing for other receivers to have better opportunities to make plays. You need that type of person to open your offense and make everything go on offense.

Holy Smokes. There is not a snowball's chance in you know where the they bring back Eldridge. As long as you throwing names against a wall, why not suggest Kellen Winslow Sr? That is just as likely as Eldridge.

Im not so sure its as unlikely as you think that they will at least consider it, Like you I dont think they will bring him back but we could use a run blocking TE

I've personally never cared for the draft cause it's a 50/50 gamble. There's been numerous player's who've balled out in college then got to the NFL and were average or flat out sucked.

I'd rather trade the draft picks for proven guys. But that's just my opinion *shrugs & sips apple juice*

What do you think the percentage is for "proven players" who have been obtained as FAs or through trades that were just average or underperformed after they moved to the new team .... I can think of quite a few without even looking it up.