Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's post game tweets

chrisfarley

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!"

That's not intended for anyone but the media.

Don't cherry pick where I said fans, and FOLLOWERS lol.

If you think none of his followers wanted to see his reaction or response to the media after we won, I don't know what to tell you. That was for the fans who stuck up for him, and those who recognized the media twisted his words.

But as a fan and a follower of his, I was hyped to see him stand up for himself after the week he endured.

Don't cherry pick where I said fans, and FOLLOWERS lol.

If you think none of his followers wanted to see his reaction or response to the media after we won, I don't know what to tell you. That was for the fans who stuck up for him, and those who recognized the media twisted his words.

But as a fan and a follower of his, I was hyped to see him stand up for himself after the week he endured.

I quoted your entire post...

All I'm saying is this: Running your mouth to all of your doubters after you've experienced success just shows that they got to you and that you had serious doubts about whether or not you could achieve that success in the first place. 

You don't always have to say "I told you so" to say I told you so.

It was a regular season game at home. The Colts and Luck weren't distracted, because Irsay had all the attention and pressure placed on Manning . He had the tribute and interviews that put the focus on Manning. Teams react certain ways to owner comments. Sometimes they do better , and sometimes it takes them off their game focus. Manning had everything to lose last night, and Luck and the Colts had little. In the playoffs, if Irsay tweets comments as we know he will, next time it could fire up the other team, especially if you're on the road in the playoffs. I don't care that he's a billionaire. I'm just saying he's not the average Joe Shmoe with a twitter account.

The tribute was a classy move by an organization built on them. Our local media hyped this game up as the biggest regular season game in team history... there was plenty of pressure all around. Both teams had a lot to lose because games like this have playoff implications down the road. Mr. Irsay has said a lot on twitter if you follow him, and the team has come to play every time. People put way too much credence on it. He may have money, but he invest it in his team... and in the end he is a human being too.

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 4h

So much credit 2 BEST FANS,COLTSFANS N to Peyton,MATHIS,Marvin,Reggie,Jeff Sat n now #12Luck,#13 T Y and T Dungy,Chuck P and so MANY others!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 4h

Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 4h

Prayers and much love for #87 Reggie...let's pray his right knee gets miracle news!!!!!! Love that man and pray for good news!!!!!!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 3h

Actually working,sorry naysayers..I don't drink...haven't in over 15 years..I know when your unhappy or jealous it's easy to b mean-spirited

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 3h

I do pray for you unhappy,%-slingers...who wants to live on a planet with those who don't like themselves..we want happy,kind people:)

I see nothing that wan't justifiable, he was slammed all week by the media.

I'm gonna be honest. The only objectionable thing I see (if I were an ESPN employee) is how he is calling out the media for creating a firestorm and trying to turn everything against is. Good for Jim for standing up for himself!

He doesn't speak to the fan base a lot of the time though.

A couple of those tweets were directed exclusively at the media. That's what I don't like.

Sure, get us all excited when a trade is imminent, get us ramped up for the game etc. but after a performance like that, I'd like to think the football spoke for itself and nothing else need be said. The most dignified response would have been no response at all.

I'm out of likes after this great win :)

Couldn't say it any better...

Was just listening to Mike and Mike, they said that Irsay was tweeting up as late as 5am.  They read them and I agree, he just needs to go to bed.  They said he was classless again, misspelling words, using profanity, etc.  Mike Greeberg finally said, "Money can buy you a lot of things, make no mistake, but one thing it cannot buy is class".  WOW, they were slamming him outright.  What is Irsay's deal?????  Getting tired of him.

One thing I am getting tired of is Mike and Mike. Turn on this a.m. after the biggest SNF game of the year and they are talking about the stinkin' Jets! Then when they do get to the Colts game they talk about Irsay tweets! 

I quoted your entire post...

All I'm saying is this: Running your mouth to all of your doubters after you've experienced success just shows that they got to you and that you had serious doubts about whether or not you could achieve that success in the first place.

You don't always have to say "I told you so" to say I told you so.

You quoted but highlighted only fans not followers. Changes what I said when you cherry pick that. :).

You don't have to always say "Told you so", but sometimes it's fun lol.

"Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!"

That's not intended for anyone but the media.

my thoughts exactly. media blew his tweets way out of proportion and it made him look like the bad guy, but in the end they are eating their words. I wonder how pollian is feeling after his comments of wanting manning to destroy the colts. 

I couldn't ask for a better owner.

That is all I have to say.

Second that BMWC.  Jim took a lot of heat this week and if he wants to vent a little at those who took shots at him, I say HOORAY for Jim.  As someone said, CROW is best served hot. 

This is what Jim was saying:   Manning gets all the press and numbers.  TEAM gets the win.  The Colts team won because they played as a team, left it all out there on the field.  Could not be more proud of this team.  Colts D gets my game ball.  Luck did what he does to put this team in the best possible position to win the game.  Andrew is all about the team. 

The media has the thinnest skin of them all. Blowhards like mike Wilbon and mike Florio talked smack all week, and when they get a lil taste of their own medicine they can't take it. I guess Greenberg didn't have a problem with all the lies/cheap shots his media buddies took at Irsay, but god forbid Irsay take a little swipe back on twitter. If one works for the skip bayless network, you shouldn't be talking "class."

One thing I am getting tired of is Mike and Mike. Turn on this a.m. after the biggest SNF game of the year and they are talking about the stinkin' Jets! Then when they do get to the Colts game they talk about Irsay tweets! 

He's a Jet's fan, just ignore those segments.  They did talk a lot about the Colts however.

Personally I do not see the point of some of his tweets as they are only there to dig at the media to make himself feel better. It serves no purpose other than to go haha in your face media. Just take the high road and leave it alone.

Those were pretty tame tweets thoug for Irsay. The media needs to get a bit thicker skin.

I didnt like what Mr. Irsay said about Peyton..

..BUT..some were suggesting that he has 'problems' and that was out of line....too

...It was a rough week all around...glad its over

.......but its hard to be happy with the win because of Reggie...sounds like a career-ending injury.

very sad

If you take the time to read Irsay's original comments then you will see he never said anything negative about Peyton. It is a controversy manufactured by the media, and unfortunately, a lot of people seem to have bought into it. The fact is that Irsay was right on target. The Colts SHOULD have had more championships but didn't because the TEAM as a whole was generally not balanced enough. That's what happens when 90 percent of the cap space is tied up in just 10 percent of the players.

The tribute was a classy move by an organization built on them. Our local media hyped this game up as the biggest regular season game in team history... there was plenty of pressure all around. Both teams had a lot to lose because games like this have playoff implications down the road. Mr. Irsay has said a lot on twitter if you follow him, and the team has come to play every time. People put way too much credence on it. He may have money, but he invest it in his team... and in the end he is a human being too.

I appreciate his enthusiasm , and understand his competitiveness. When I coached sports teams , I just laid low , and let the other guy do the talking. I just think that is the best way, but that is just my opinion. I'll give him this much, both he and Grigson looked like they have changed the style of the Colts to a tougher team. Luck is a great young quarterback , and the team is put together well , and has a good shot at winning it all if they get hot late. What Jim needs to understand is people will recognize what you've done over the years on their own, you don't have to tell everyone how smart you are.

The down side of being the Patriots, Steelers , or Ravens is when you do make it to the top, you lose coaches, and the players all want to be paid top dollar. Getting there and staying on top is where it really gets hard.

I also enjoyed Jim' s gamesmanship, which I had no problem with, opening the dome and windows and letting the cold air in. That was funny. I also noticed with my keen eye that the coaches had the old Baltimore Colts bucking Colt logos on. Probably trying to channel some of that old Johnny Unitas magic.

how many rings does he have in the salary cap era?

I am just joking on that one. My point is you don't want to be perceived as another Jerry Jones, but I really don't think Irsay cares. He is dancing to his own tune now. I think after staying relatively quiet when his father was running the team, and then the Polian era, he seems to want to now be an outspoken owner. Maybe like Jones with Johnson , he feels he is not getting enough credit. If your club is consistently doing well , and you hire good GM 's , you will get the credit you deserve as an owner. You just don't have to shove it in people's faces.

I think after the wrongful hate he got all this week, I think it's ok for him to shove the pie in people's faces.

The media is just mad because the ending if the storyline didn't happen like they wanted to.

I cannot like this post enough.

It was a regular season game at home. The Colts and Luck weren't distracted, because Irsay had all the attention and pressure placed on Manning . He had the tribute and interviews that put the focus on Manning. Teams react certain ways to owner comments. Sometimes they do better , and sometimes it takes them off their game focus. Manning had everything to lose last night, and Luck and the Colts had little. In the playoffs, if Irsay tweets comments as we know he will, next time it could fire up the other team, especially if you're on the road in the playoffs. I don't care that he's a billionaire. I'm just saying he's not the average Joe Shmoe with a twitter account.

There were media types who wanted to blow it out of proportion and naïve fans that ate it up. 

Irsay just give it up. I really use to love this guy, but lately he is just acting like a buffoon. He is just putting his foot in his mouth left and right. YOU started the firestorm with YOUR mouth. Just stay silent.

He continues to prove he is nothing but a rich kid living with daddy's money. Present yourself with class. Sorry to say, but Mr Kraft would not do something like this. Winners stay silent even when they're right.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Irsay just give it up. I really use to love this guy, but lately he is just acting like a buffoon. He is just putting his foot in his mouth left and right. YOU started the firestorm with YOUR mouth. Just stay silent.

He continues to prove he is nothing but a rich kid living with daddy's money. Present yourself with class. Sorry to say, but Mr Kraft would not do something like this. Winners stay silent even when they're right.

Yeah, all that money to charity...what a lack of class he shows writing those checks.

The media has the thinnest skin of them all. Blowhards like mike Wilbon and mike Florio talked smack all week, and when they get a lil taste of their own medicine they can't take it. I guess Greenberg didn't have a problem with all the lies/cheap shots his media buddies took at Irsay, but god forbid Irsay take a little swipe back on twitter. If one works for the skip bayless network, you shouldn't be talking "class."

I was rolling on the floor listening to Dan Patrick this morning. Telling Jim he needs to be bigger then gloating. But the media doesn't need to be bigger when twisting and running with stories that have no substance.

They dish it out, and if you give it back they just hang tackle you. It's pathetic lol.

The media started the fire storm. Jim said nothing that warranted the responses he got. I heard more coverage about the tweets then I have from the actual game. It's all about hype, truth be damned.

Winners can also boast. Why be silent when others are misconstruing you? He felt vindicated last night. I don't blame him. It's personal for him. It's not personal for you.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The media started the fire storm. Jim said nothing that warranted the responses he got. I heard more coverage about the tweets then I have from the actual game. It's all about hype, truth be darned.

Winners can also boast. Why be silent when others are misconstruing you? He felt vindicated last night. I don't blame him. It's personal for him. It's not personal for you.

I know people are mad about Irsay being too vocal...but it's called FREE SPEECH.  Jim has every right to say anything he wants.  Just like you and I.  I applaud Jim for being himself and letting it rip.  If other people don't like it, tough. That's their problem.

I appreciate his enthusiasm , and understand his competitiveness. When I coached sports teams , I just laid low , and let the other guy do the talking. I just think that is the best way, but that is just my opinion. I'll give him this much, both he and Grigson looked like they have changed the style of the Colts to a tougher team. Luck is a great young quarterback , and the team is put together well , and has a good shot at winning it all if they get hot late. What Jim needs to understand is people will recognize what you've done over the years on their own, you don't have to tell everyone how smart you are.

The down side of being the Patriots, Steelers , or Ravens is when you do make it to the top, you lose coaches, and the players all want to be paid top dollar. Getting there and staying on top is where it really gets hard.

I also enjoyed Jim' s gamesmanship, which I had no problem with, opening the dome and windows and letting the cold air in. That was funny. I also noticed with my keen eye that the coaches had the old Baltimore Colts bucking Colt logos on. Probably trying to channel some of that old Johnny Unitas magic.

When have you abandoned reason for madness? Your love of the Baltimore Colts has blinded you. Maybe Jim Irsay is a bit of a braggart, but you can't fault a guy for speaking his mind. If you read this forum... odds are no one is going to rush in to try to steal Pep away from our team. So maybe we can stay on top for a little longer.

I know people are mad about Irsay being too vocal...but it's called FREE SPEECH. Jim has every right to say anything he wants. Just like you and I. I applaud Jim for being himself and letting it rip. If other people don't like it, tough. That's their problem.

In my entire life, if I've heard someone intentionally take something I said out of context, or in a way I didn't intend. I've corrected them, and clarified my statements. Jim did both, and the media continued to twist and spin to their hearts content.

Good for him calling them out. Sports media seems to think they are beyond reproach. If you call them out, they always respond. Why shouldn't Irsay?

I don't see the problem here.  Yeah, it's ridiculous and even a bit Jerry Jonesesque, but I understand it for several reasons.  The media gave the Colts no chance here and it also made him the media's sacrificial lamb instead of the team itself.  By giving the Colts no chance, it fired them up and they ended up winning.   I think in a way, it actually helped the team.  Irsay dealt with the media circus, while the team did their job.  Now the Colts can keep flying under the radar, while the media obsesses with Irsay.  Also unlike Jerry Jones, Irsay is a good owner who lets people do their jobs.

If we had a terrible owner like Jerry Jones, I could understand the complaints.

Heh, so I guess taking a quote completely out of context is classy, but then forcing the media to eat crow is not.  Gotcha.  The talking heads are more hypocritical than anyone they interview.  Not too worried about what they find to be classless after something like this.  They had it coming.

Guest TeamLoloJones

In my entire life, if I've heard someone intentionally take something I said out of context, or in a way I didn't intend. I've corrected them, and clarified my statements. Jim did both, and the media continued to twist and spin to their hearts content.

Good for him calling them out. Sports media seems to think they are beyond reproach. If you call them out, they always respond. Why shouldn't Irsay?

Amen brother.

I don't see the problem here. Yeah, it's ridiculous and even a bit Jerry Jonesesque, but I understand it for several reasons. The media gave the Colts no chance here and it also made him the media's sacrificial lamb instead of the team itself. By giving the Colts no chance, it fired them up and they ended up winning. I think in a way, it actually helped the team. Irsay dealt with the media circus, while the team did their job. Now the Colts can keep flying under the radar, while the media obsesses with Irsay. Also unlike Jerry Jones, Irsay is a good owner who lets people do their jobs.

If we had a terrible owner like Jerry Jones, I could understand the complaints.

People just say "He's like Jerry Jones" without understanding how detrimental Jones is at times.

Jim knows he is just the owner. He relies on smarter people to make smart decisions.

Jones thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

who cares? lol i love Irsay speaking his mind. The media tries to make it so serious. He speaks how he feels and he is the owner, he can say whatever he wants. People actually talk about it like it is really going to affect things. He just having fun. Keep tweeting and entertaining!

The media started the fire storm. Jim said nothing that warranted the responses he got. I heard more coverage about the tweets then I have from the actual game. It's all about hype, truth be darned.

Here is the thing Jim said the words. It's on him. The thing with Jim is he says stupid things, and later tries to rework what he said. It doesn't matter if what he said wasn't aimed at Peyton. I know it wasn't, but what he said completely shows how ungrateful he was of what Bill, Tony, and our teams accomplished.

Do you know how many owners haven't even sniffed half of what the Colts did? So we beat Peyton last night. I thought it wasn't about Peyton? But he is gloating to the media he was right.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Heh, so I guess taking a quote completely out of context is classy, but then forcing the media to eat crow is not.  Gotcha.  The talking heads are more hypocritical than anyone they interview.  Not too worried about what they find to be classless after something like this.  They had it coming.

You know what though?  Irsay is kind of turning the Colts into the "bad guy"  and I absolutely love it.  We aren't getting pushed around anymore.  We bring the noise.  We bring the fight.  To loosely quote one of the greatest "bad guys" of all time - "We are the ones who knock"

Here is the thing Jim said the words. It's on him. The thing with Jim is he says stupid things, and later tries to rework what he said. It doesn't matter if what he said wasn't aimed at Peyton. I know it wasn't, but what he said completely shows how ungrateful he was of what Bill, Tony, and our teams accomplished.

Do you know how many owners haven't even sniffed half of what the Colts did? So we beat Peyton last night. I thought it wasn't about Peyton? But he is gloating to the media he was right.

He's gloating because the media buried us, because "Peyton was mad." They continue to talk out of both sides of their mouths and take no accountability for what they say. Par for the course.

If you think stating his goals for the future are to achieve more than they did in the Peyton era is disrespectful and ungrateful. That's on you. He was just stating that for all the good. There was a lot left on the table.

Who would deny that?

You know what though?  Irsay is kind of turning the Colts into the "bad guy"  and I absolutely love it.  We aren't getting pushed around anymore.  We bring the noise.  We bring the fight.  To loosely quote one of the greatest "bad guys" of all time - "We are the ones who knock"

What's the quote from?  Oh, and I'm absolutely good with being the bad guy.  As long as we aren't dirty in doing so.  I like a team that will box with the gloves off, metaphorically speaking, but I have a hard time supporting a team that takes cheap shots or is "dirtier" than the average team is.  There's always going to be some measure of dirty plays in any game, by any team,that are seldom caught on camera.  It's part of the swag I think, and keeps guys from going soft. I'm okay with that, but I don't want to be known as Ndamukong Suh dirty.