Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton says Browner Disrespected Him [Merge]

HtownColt

Nope not Richard Sherman.

It was another Seahawks cornerback, Brandon Browner, who lit a fire under Hilton.

"Browner said I'm light as (expletive)," Hilton told USA TODAY Sports after his sizzling performance helped the Indianapolis Colts post a 34-28 victory."

"He made me hit the light switch that nobody's seen," Hilton said. "He made that decision. So they should blame him."

He pushed the button," Hilton said. "So he deserved it."

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/10/06/ty-hilton-seahawks/2933915/

If TY needs someone else to turn on the switch and make him play better, he needs to grow up and learn how to play every game.  Pretty ridiculous. 

He can be a great receiver, but he needs to learn from Reggie how to bring it every game.  Like a professional.

He made me hit the light switch that nobody's seen," Hilton said. "He made that decision. So they should blame him."

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time."

Hilton's my new favorite Colt, that's hilarious.

lol

This Colts/Seahawks thing is the most testy I have seen us get with another team in some time.

Oh dear God let us be in the SB vs. them and soon!!!!!! Imagine a cold Jersey Super Bowl with us and them just hitting the day lights out of each other and the Colts finding a way to win.

Why would it take % talking to get you fired up?   That paycheck coming up is what would motivate me.. 

And "winning" ..   

But then again I have Tiger DNA...  most don't..   hehe..

Nope not Richard Sherman.

It was another Seahawks cornerback, Brandon Browner, who lit a fire under Hilton.

"Browner said I'm light as (expletive)," Hilton told USA TODAY Sports after his sizzling performance helped the Indianapolis Colts post a 34-28 victory."

"He made me hit the light switch that nobody's seen," Hilton said. "He made that decision. So they should blame him."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/10/06/ty-hilton-seahawks/2933915/

Seahawk fan does NOT want to see us again.

Indy played as bad as they can play ...  and WON.

lol

This Colts/Seahawks thing is the most testy I have seen us get with another team in some time.

Oh dear God let us be in the SB vs. them and soon!!!!!! Imagine a cold Jersey Super Bowl with us and them just hitting the day lights out of each other and the Colts finding a way to win.

If TY needs someone else to turn on the switch and make him play better, he needs to grow up and learn how to play every game.  Pretty ridiculous. 

He can be a great receiver, but he needs to learn from Reggie how to bring it every game.  Like a professional.

:facepalm:

TY comes out and has produced when asked this year. Its not his fault that they changed the system that he gets less looks and touches. He's been catching everything thrown at him, and you say he needs to grow up? I don't know where you got that from, no one has worked harder at his game than TY has this year. And, he's been quite the professional each and every game. IF someone disrespects you, don't you want to make him eat his words? Doesn't that give you more even more motivation than you already have?

He is a great receiver..He's proving that over and over again. He hasn't played 13 years like Reggie...He's only in his second season..yet he led the team in TD's, Yards Per Catch and a few other categories, plus, ran back a punt for a TD last year. Without TY we get beat by Tenn last year...He bailed out Luck when he was in trouble, and threw the ball behind him, and he still made a great catch to keep the drive alive...If Luck could have led him with the ball, that would have been TD number 3...

He's going to be a legitimate superstar soon...He already is a legitimate deep threat. The Colts need to get him the ball more and allow him to use his breakaway speed and elusiveness more often..

He says he got motivated because he got disrespected, and you say he needs to grow up...Maybe you should start looking at about 3/4 of the Wide receivers in this league, and tell them they need to grow up...Ty is just fine..

Why would it take % talking to get you fired up?   That paycheck coming up is what would motivate me.. 

And "winning" ..   

But then again I have Tiger DNA...  most don't..   hehe..

Hear you loud and clear John,I think it was just a matter of getting the wake up call ! If you don't give your best effort and concentration you wont beat this Seahawk D.TY stepped it up and Reggie was just Reggie.TY has something you cant teach = speed and a lot of it,he needs to come with that chip on his shoulder every game from the get go,then he will become something very very special IMO.

TY is fast becoming a fan favorite. Although I don't want to see him become a no speak kinda guy like Marvin was but I don't want him to become some over cocky arrogant wr either. I truly wished we could bring Marvin back as an assistant wr coach to teach the nuances of route running and teach the way to make a statement without trash talking on the field and risk a taunting penalty. He was close to getting one yesterday. I'm not bashing the kid but he has to be careful and lets not get him a swollen head that festers into a I'm the greatest thing on the team and they can't live without me type of attitude. I'd buy his jersey.

Most all players use something in their minds as a motivator. Sometimes they are just made up in their own minds. Hilton is a pro and does play every game. Hilton did lead all the rookie WRs last season so you are being ridiculous with your comment. The change in the offensive calls this season affects how many balls are thrown his way. Arians is gone and this is not last years Colts. Ball control and defense are played so Lucks and all of the offensive numbers will be down. 

TY is fast becoming a fan favorite. Although I don't want to see him become a no speak kinda guy like Marvin was but I don't want him to become some over cocky arrogant wr either. I truly wished we could bring Marvin back as an assistant wr coach to teach the nuances of route running and teach the way to make a statement without trash talking on the field and risk a taunting penalty. He was close to getting one yesterday. I'm not bashing the kid but he has to be careful and lets not get him a swollen head that festers into a I'm the greatest thing on the team and they can't live without me type of attitude. I'd buy his jersey.

Reggie Wayne is doing just fine at teaching the younger dudes how to run a proper route.

Hear you loud and clear John,I think it was just a matter of getting the wake up call ! If you don't give your best effort and concentration you wont beat this Seahawk D.TY stepped it up and Reggie was just Reggie.TY has something you cant teach = speed and a lot of it,he needs to come with that chip on his shoulder every game from the get go,then he will become something very very special IMO.

I am a firm believer you play at 100% from whistle to whistle for 60 minutes.  

I am sure TY was just saying what he felt at the time.  I feel he gives it all out there.  He did have a little extra gear yesterday, didn't he?   :spit:  :burnout:  :burnout:

Reggie Wayne is doing just fine at teaching the younger dudes how to run a proper route.

I agree that Wayne is doing fine but I think Marvin ran routes better than most any WR. That ha been reported by several players in the league of Marvin that his routes all look the same in the first 10 yards. I just think Marvin could help this kid out even more. TY has a bright future if he can keep his ego in check and yes, we all have ego's :)

NFL.com has an article about TY Hilton's electrifying performance against Seattle. Apparently Brandon Browner decided to "encourage" our boy TY Hilton to show the rest of the league what we Colt fans already know!

"(Browner) made me hit the light switch that nobody's seen," Hilton said. "He made that decision. So they should blame him." -TY Hilton

Enjoy the read, and Go Colts! :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258491/article/ty-hilton-says-seahawks-insults-fired-him-up

Right ON...    Ty just makes plays  ..   HOW DHB is starting over this kid is ..  puzzling to say the least.

TYH is simply DYNAMIC.   He has GOT to be on the field EVERY snap.

Right ON...    Ty just makes plays  ..   HOW DHB is starting over this kid is ..  puzzling to say the least.

TYH is simply DYNAMIC.   He has GOT to be on the field EVERY snap.

Agreed think its a no brainer, im outta LIKES but theres one

Right ON... Ty just makes plays .. HOW DHB is starting over this kid is .. puzzling to say the least.

TYH is simply DYNAMIC. He has GOT to be on the field EVERY snap.

Because the scheme dictates it. As a smaller but speedier guy, Hilton fits better as a slot guy to only be used in certain formations. In our primary packages that are based more on big formations, DHB is the better fit for his size and his ability to block in the run game.

Ya, ya, ya, blah, blah, blah....

Coach speak...   sigh...

In the NFL team's put their BEST personnel on the field EVERY down.  DHB no catches ONE HUGE DROP...  

And TY...........

Don't give me formations and O philosophy..   give ME play-makers...

Hilton BURNT the best 2 CB's in the NFL ALL DAY LONG.

Because the scheme dictates it. As a smaller but speedier guy, Hilton fits better as a slot guy to only be used in certain formations. In our primary packages that are based more on big formations, DHB is the better fit for his size and his ability to block in the run game.

Coach speak...   sigh...

In the NFL team's put their BEST personnel on the field EVERY down.  DHB no catches ONE HUGE DROP...  

And TY...........

Don't give me formations and O philosophy..   give ME play-makers...

No way to argue against that point :thmup:

Coach speak... sigh...

In the NFL team's put their BEST personnel on the field EVERY down. DHB no catches ONE HUGE DROP...

And TY...........

Don't give me formations and O philosophy.. give ME play-makers...

Do you want to be one of the best running teams in the NFL or not? DHB is better at blocking than Hilton, and is one of the reasons for the run game's success.

Thats why he starts. This is a run first offense, and run blocking is more imoortant than stretching the field in this scheme.

Let me enlighten you...

Blocking is NOT knocking a DB into next year...  it is simply GETTING IN BETWEEN THE DEFENDER AND U.

That is ALL TY has too do.   I don't see Indy popping too many BIG RUNS.   THIS team's bread and butter is A LUCK an the passing game.

:thmup:

Do you want to be one of the best running teams in the NFL or not? DHB is better at blocking than Hilton, and is one of the reasons for the run game's success.

Thats why he starts. This is a run first offense, and run blocking is more imoortant than stretching the field in this scheme.

Stretching  the field just boosts the running game big time IMO,keeps them from stacking the line.

I doubt that...

TY is listed as 5'9" and 178 lbs. He would be shoved around as a run blocker. He is better in the slot, as it allows him to operate to his strengths as a burner.

DHB is the better starter because hes bigger and more effective in the run game as a blocker.