Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen waived

HtownColt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to re-check those numbers. Off the top of my head I remember him having a 40 yard td vs Detroit

On top of a number of catches against New England.  If my memory serves me right he also caught a couple balls against baltimore in the playoffs.  I could be wrong.

Who cares. He was Woefully and Halting slow, Intelligent yes, Too short, Eternally small.

To short seriously?

And too slow...

Just silly.

I like Whalen. I was hoping he'd get more snaps early in the season with Brazill out, but with the focus on running the ball, we didn't have use for a fourth receiver very often. I didn't expect him to become a superstar or have a prominent role on our team. He's not the next anyone. But I do like the way he plays, and I hope he clears waivers and comes back to our PS. If not, I hope he gets on with a team and gets a chance to perform on the field.

So who was cut to make room for Brazil on the active roster?  I thought it was going to be Whalen but I guess that spot went to the Fullback.

I am not sure Brazil has been added yet?

I read where the team has a one week roster exemption for Brazil if they choose

cooper_coupon_grammar_check_light_tshirt

Unless you are using "your" as a noun, it's "you're."

(Just messing with you. I thought you, of all people, could handle it. ;) )

haha yeah that'll be the biggest spelling mistake I make when I'm on my phone. I seem to do that regularly when I'm not using a keyboard. And of course my time period to edit has expired too.

Thankfully for me, and my mother who grilled English into because she's a nut about it, I actually do know better lol.

I am not sure Brazil has been added yet?

I read where the team has a one week roster exemption for Brazil if they choose

Good deal I hadn't seen that we get a one week roster exemption I thought we had to release someone once he was activated.  I also saw Brazil said he would be back Monday but you could be right he might not have been activated yet. 

Really? How is that a horrible idea?  You give up a backup qb that (hopefully) never plays meaningful snaps for one of the most talented WRs in the entire league.

Talent and head cases are 2 different things. We don't need anyone who acts and thinks like a diva. They tend to be cancers in the locker room. If he was all of that why are the Titans so quick to trade him?  Besides trading the backup QB is not smart. We have already seen what not having a decent backup QB would be like. I doubt you will ever see the Colts in that position again. If the trade would be considered it wouldn't be for Matt. Why should the Colts make a trade that made a competitor in the same division better? You need to look and comprehend the bigger picture instead of a knee jerk reaction. 

So what the heck is the story with Reed...he was gonna be cut before we traded for him...he does not seem like anything special and has not done anything...why does he keep surviving cuts/waivers?...gotta be big pals with Pagano from Baltimore Ravens days...maybe Pagano feels he owes him something.

We haven't seen enough of him to determine what he can and can't do. Pagano does know him better than you and I highly doubt he owes him anything. He survives the waiver/cut because the coaches see something in him. For you to make the comment that he is on the roster because he is big pals with the coach is off base. For one thing Griggs don't play that game.

I don't think Whalen can play center

Wouldnt put anything past the kid, his will is legendary.

I'm assuming you're kidding GoodLuck, but if you're not, all I have to say is wow, this would be at the top for silliest (and I would use another word if I weren't on this forum) comments of all time. 

Whalen will be back on our roster soon. Just hoping he survives waiver wire.

Agreed, if he survives the waiver wire, he's probably on our practice squad and will be moved up to full squad at some point one thinks.  

Say when we get Havili back. . . Hughes probably gets waived and replaced with Whalen.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

Talent and head cases are 2 different things. We don't need anyone who acts and thinks like a diva. They tend to be cancers in the locker room. If he was all of that why are the Titans so quick to trade him?  Besides trading the backup QB is not smart. We have already seen what not having a decent backup QB would be like. I doubt you will ever see the Colts in that position again. If the trade would be considered it wouldn't be for Matt. Why should the Colts make a trade that made a competitor in the same division better? You need to look and comprehend the bigger picture instead of a knee jerk reaction. 

I was completely joking when I brought up the idea, but I stupidly felt I had to defend myself....haha you guys are right it wouldn't be a good trade more than likely.  For some reason I always (incorrectly) assume any player who walks two steps into our team headquarters will magically become a better person.  I think our staff and players would give a guy like Britt the best possible chance to succeed in this league as compared to other teams, but that doesn't mean he will.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This thread brings back memories about the infamous Roy Hall and his numerous threads.

I hope Griff does make it to the PS, but he won't be the next Welker.

I love how every single short white slot receiver automatically is compared to Wes Welker.  Just like every Black QB that is athletic is instantly compared to Mike Vick.  I like Griff, but he's not even close to Amendola's level of talent, let alone Welker.

I love how every single short white slot receiver automatically is compared to Wes Welker.  Just like every Black QB that is athletic is instantly compared to Mike Vick.  I like Griff, but he's not even close to Amendola's level of talent, let alone Welker.

I fail to see what race has to do with anything.