Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami has themselves a QB

trsean

I am still going to favor the Patriots though until I see Miami keep doing this all season.

I was honestly more impressed with how they beat us at home then seeing them beat Atlanta in Miami.

We usually don't lose at home darnit!!! ;) And I kinda want to get them back for that sometime. :)

I am still going to favor the Patriots though until I see Miami keep doing this all season.

I was honestly more impressed with how they beat us at home then seeing them beat Atlanta in Miami.

We usually don't lose at home darnit!!! ;) And I kinda want to get them back for that sometime. :)

we will get a shot in the playoffs

Did Luck even play today? Just saw him do hand off after hand off. ;)

Recall the Colts goal is to build and maintain a sound running game so they can keep the defenses guessing for four quarters. When you fear both the ground and air equally you can commit only a portion to one or the other thus opening up both.

Recall the Colts goal is to build and maintain a sound running game so they can keep the defenses guessing for four quarters. When you fear both the ground and air equally you can commit only a portion to one or the other thus opening up both.

I get the philosphy and I like it but Luck completed 18 passes for 164. The RBs had 39 carries for 179. Luck managed that game. And he did it well.

I get the philosphy and I like it but Luck completed 18 passes for 164. The RBs had 39 carries for 179. Luck managed that game. And he did it well.

I think they were trying to keep Luck in 1 piece yesterday. A make shift line vs that front 7 of SF looked ominous going into that game. Irsay and Pagano have a little different mindset than the 2012 Mike Shanahan. I'm not sure we look anymore than 2-3 shots downfield in all those plays we ran. That said... this could however be the norm and Luck will never put up massive stats. Certainly bodes way better when you might be playing January games in places like Boston (can't spell Foxbourough )

I think they were trying to keep Luck in 1 piece yesterday. A make shift line vs that front 7 of SF looked ominous going into that game. Irsay and Pagano have a little different mindset than the 2012 Mike Shanahan. I'm not sure we look anymore than 2-3 shots downfield in all those plays we ran. That said... this could however be the norm and Luck will never put up massive stats. Certainly bodes way better when you might be playing January games in places like Boston (can't spell Foxbourough )

I think it is a good strategy. I am all about winning. Brady's stats will not be eye popping this year for the first time since 2007 and I fine with that as long as the W's keep coming. I really enjoyed watching how the Colts frustrated the niners all day and kept with the run even though drives were stalling. It tuckered them out and by the end the Colts just ran away with it. Of course, I always enjoy watching Harbaugh eat humble pie and Kaep too.

I think it is a good strategy. I am all about winning. Brady's stats will not be eye popping this year for the first time since 2007 and I fine with that as long as the W's keep coming. I really enjoyed watching how the Colts frustrated the niners all day and kept with the run even though drives were stalling. It tuckered them out and by the end the Colts just ran away with it. Of course, I always enjoy watching Harbaugh eat humble pie and Kaep too.

I think maybe it is a good strategy. Irsay has pretty much said that spending a whole lot on "QB weapons" did not bring enough championships. One SB with PM is proof that you need to run the ball and have a stout defense.

Whats the deal with Tannehill being a receiver in college??!!

He was mainly a WR for his first 2 years at Texas A&M, he continuously tried for the QB spot and won the job finally after loosing it the first few years. He has actually only been playing the QB spot for a few years, probably accumulating to 3 total as an actual spot, which only makes what he has done so far even more amazing. I also think it adds a new element to his playing ability having been a WR and knowing how to relate and place throws a bit better.

I've been saying it and I will continue to say it, if Tannehill can improve his reading and work on the mental aspect of quarterbacking, he's a top 10 QB no doubt.

He's still at least a year maybe 2 away from that if you ask me. 

I've been saying it and I will continue to say it, if Tannehill can improve his reading and work on the mental aspect of quarterbacking, he's a top 10 QB no doubt.

He's still at least a year maybe 2 away from that if you ask me. 

I can see that happening if he continues at the current rate of progress. I wonder who else will be in the top 10 in say 5 years time (i.e. when Brady/Manning/Brees have retired). 

Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Bradford are the ones I'd pick from current players. 

Someone should page Gavin to this thread......

There is no bigger detractor of Ryan Tannehill than our own Gavin.....  

I wonder if he's starting to have a change of heart??

He has looked good through 3 games, I think Im far from having to eat my words just yet but he has done decent

I can see that happening if he continues at the current rate of progress. I wonder who else will be in the top 10 in say 5 years time (i.e. when Brady/Manning/Brees have retired). 

Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Bradford are the ones I'd pick from current players. 

Rodgers

Wilson

Ryan

Dalton

and hopefully Luck

I think, I like Kaepernicks skill set but I want to see if he can consistently shoulder the load when asked with his arm and good decision making on the field before I put him up there with others that are doing it right now but to be fair he does not all have his toys at his disposal

Love Tannenhill. He may end up being the best of that QB class over time. He certainly has a very good team behind him.

Lets also not forget that Brock Osweilder in Denver (2nd round pick) and Kirk Cousins in Washington are both guys who might be able to be starting QB's someplace if given a shot.  

Cousins has looked good in relief of RG3.  Osweilder was picked high but has only seen mop up duty behind Manning.  

Lets also not forget that Brock Osweilder in Denver (2nd round pick) and Kirk Cousins in Washington are both guys who might be able to be starting QB's someplace if given a shot.  

Cousins has looked good in relief of RG3.  Osweilder was picked high but has only seen mop up duty behind Manning.  

Excellent points. I like Cousins a lot.