Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami has themselves a QB

trsean

Coming out, it was never a debate if he would be good or not, the debate was how long would take for him to fully develop since he picked the position up late.  The  top 3 QB's were Luck-RG3-Tannehill.

I had Wilson far ahead of Tannehill coming out, I thought Tannehill was a 3rd-4th round pick mainly do to lack of much starting experience, I had Wilson was a late 1st to 2nd round pick somewhere, the arm talent was always there for both QB's but Wilson had much more experience

I had Wilson far ahead of Tannehill coming out, I thought Tannehill was a 3rd-4th round pick mainly do to lack of much starting experience, I had Wilson was a late 1st to 2nd round pick somewhere, the arm talent was always there for both QB's but Wilson had much more experience

Yeah, now we know that Wilson was the 3rd best QB in that draft, but most boards had Tannehill as the 3rd best QB.

Love Tannenhill. He may end up being the best of that QB class over time. He certainly has a very good team behind him.

Anyone notice a trend with AM and her affection for the "pretty boy" qbs. Just so happens Brady and Tannenhill are likely two of the best looking qbs in the league.

I do think Tannenhill is playing good and really thought Cleveland should have taken him instead of trading up for Trent. They could have taken Doug Martin instead if they thought they needed a back that badly...or maybe Trent would have still been available.

Yeah, now we know that Wilson was the 3rd best QB in that draft, but most boards had Tannehill as the 3rd best QB.

RW....Drew Brees 2.0 in the making. A great offensive line/running game is a big help along with a devastating defense. But his arm and between the ears the kid just has it.

QBs have to be leaders, and the development of chemistry in their team is entirely up to them. They lead by example, with the time they put in with the playbook and working out with their offensive players. While credibility is instantly granted to the likes of Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, the newbies will have to earn it with their actions much like the elite ones did at some point in time.

I think Tannehill can do so. It is also important to surround a guy like that with good character players that are willing to put in the time too. In an interview I saw on NFL Network (man-to-man show where he was interviewed by Michael Irvin and Luck was interviewed by Marshall Faulk), RW said that you need to take command of the huddle with a thorough knowledge of the playbook but should also deliver in key moments by putting the ball where it needs to be. Both words and actions are needed to earn that credibility for a young QB.

• 4 weeks later...